The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OH God why did I look at the latest gift grab? Philip is in isolation across a coffee table - and hands a covid hedgehog for everyone to fawn over..biggest yet - really soft - isolation is so soft. apparently. Exactly what kind of volunteer work is the American lass doing? Put the best looking guest on the gift grab..interesting. Sillymar is all for nature...so is covid.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Where are Nutti's and Nostrille's wages coming from? A detailed expenditure spreadsheet is needed. Full disclosure, Fanny! £30,000 each month is just piling up, gathering interest in various offshore accounts, plus YT money, B & B money - £5000 per month.
Just £1600 (X 2) for Nutti & Dan per month (guess)
Nostrille £ ??
Electric £ ??
Food. £ ??
There's a hell of a lot coming in but very little outgoing and practically nothing on building works.
And all Fanny has to say for herself is "nothing to report"?!
I don't bleeping well think so, missy!
Time to give a Very Detailed report on income vs outgoing and no, last years quick and surly overview won't do.
What if people started contacting Patreon directly, and complain to Patreon about this f*ckery, errrrr this set-up, that involves zero accountability, and calls into question everything about Patreon and what it's about? I think what SJ is doing is a violation of the spirit in which Patreon was created.

Then again, everyone giving her money is an adult. Or should be. They need to ask tough questions and demand answers.

Only a few short weeks ago, her fuse was lit and she was apologizing. Then, off to travels again. What projects have been completed and closed since then?

She will push. If no one pushes back, she will get more bold.

Come on people. I would love to have faith in humanity but her Patreons are zombies.

And my "origin story" about SJ is this: Someone I know in March 2020 said they watch her. So I checked her out. The first two months, her videos were truly life, love and laughter with a much-needed happy dose of yellow. I wondered about her background and found the video where she explains how she could buy the chateau at a young age. I think now, that video is full of obfuscation and lies. Then, I got freaking nosy! Who are these exes who bought into this with her? Why? And she was married? Who was she married to? What did her parents do? How do they afford this. After only a few months, I saw things in the videos didn't add up. I smelled something rank. Started Googling. Found Tattle. Never gave her a penny, thank goodness. But I predict unless a tax violation hammer comes down on her, she's going to dance off into the sunset guffawing loudly at all the stupid people who gave her money. People who lack morals have an easy time getting away with things, unless someone smart gets on their trail.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's still going, called "Positano Diaries".
Thank you, yes _ know the channel just couldn't find her vlog where she blabs about CD being a channel she admires and check it out - thats GONE. it was in her lock down playlist - between her make up and skin care vlogs - that's how I first found CD.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
What if people started contacting Patreon directly, and complain to Patreon about this f*ckery, errrrr this set-up, that involves zero accountability, and calls into question everything about Patreon and what it's about? I think what SJ is doing is a violation of the spirit in which Patreon was created.
I think you will be wasting your time. Firstly, Patreon was set up as a business, not as a charitable endeavour, to make their money by taking a cut, so she is a fantastic earner for them. There is no obligation for her to be accountable - she voluntarily discloses the amount contributed and if questioned, she would merely say she had an accountant and I am sure she does. End of inquiry.

Reactions: 21
Where are Nutti's and Nostrille's wages coming from? A detailed expenditure spreadsheet is needed. Full disclosure, Fanny! £30,000 each month is just piling up, gathering interest in various offshore accounts, plus YT money, B & B money - £5000 per month.
Just £1600 (X 2) for Nutti & Dan per month (guess)
Nostrille £ ??
Electric £ ??
Food. £ ??
There's a hell of a lot coming in but very little outgoing and practically nothing on building works.
And all Fanny has to say for herself is "nothing to report"?!
I don't bleeping well think so, missy!
Time to give a Very Detailed report on income vs outgoing and no, last years quick and surly overview won't do.
Let's assume, for arguments sake, firstly, that she has a very detailed long term business plan (with budget and cash flow) that she follows rigidly. Then we can assume all is well. Questions arise about just how much cash is being sourced and from where, but set that aside. Then, secondly, if there is not aplan etc. and all she has is what we see, well, this is big trouble looming. Gonna be a bad day in black rock, for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
DJ's paintings are in "the style of" art popular in the early 20th century, owing much to Picasso and the Surrealists . They are interesting , some better than others, but you are right, they don't suit the period of the chateau at all. Agree there should be a dedicated gallery space.
The mediaeval series seem to be copies of or to be based on the "Unicorn" series of tapestries. Not sure how close the copies are to the originals. There might be copyright issues.

Oh poor you! I hope you are all recovered.
I have heard they can be wrong sometimes. If a test is taken just after the vaccination, it can show up as positive, even though its not. This may be skewing figures. The PCR test is more accurate but not as easy to obtain.
[/QUOTE
I LOVE the Unicorn Tapestries and try to see go see them as much as possible (live very close!). They definitely do give off similar vibes, but are not direct copies at all. Plus, the tapestries are in the public domain and part of the Met's Open Access policy, so anyone can do whatever they want with images of them.
Good to hear DJ didn't copy them. He was influenced by the style. I wonder if he ever developed his own style without reference to other artists?, Maybe if he'd lived longer he would have grown as an artist, as he's technically very good. I know a lot of people find his work not to their taste and rather pervy, other artists experimented with sexual imagery too, then moved on. I don't think the images are anything to do with child sexual abuse. I wouldn't put those works on public display if they were my father's though. Lol!

OH God why did I look at the latest gift grab? Philip is in isolation across a coffee table - and hands a covid hedgehog for everyone to fawn over..biggest yet - really soft - isolation is so soft. apparently. Exactly what kind of volunteer work is the American lass doing? Put the best looking guest on the gift grab..interesting. Sillymar is all for nature...so is covid.
You are so right. He has no idea how to self isolate, and why on earth did his friend choose to come to the chateau during the season when B&B guests are coming and going? Mad.

• Heart
I used to have the project list with funding goals. New phone can't find it. We discussed a coupke of threads ago. If someone can easily access their copy could you add it to the wiki please. Thankyou.

Reactions: 4
I think there’s a reason why no work is getting done. It really won’t take long until SJ has salvaged enough gold coins from the pension pots of the pathetic patreons. Where buying a already renovated shitoo in a more appealing area of France will be more worthwhile than dicking about doing poorly done renovations with lazy volunteers. Plus there will be a some mug who will overpay for lalaland because of its ‘prestige’.

Might also explain all the visits to the other chateaux and cities. Scouting trips.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Just sped through the Gift Grab. God they all are either drunk or dense. No idea what a tie clip or a Claddagh might be?
And that poor American Super Fan with her matching stringy hair full of product thanks to zero water pressure and obnoxiously bright red sweater just like SJ!
As our very own @Marquis de Potpourri pointed out, no one edited out her zipper being open: “Badly done, Emma!” She won’t be upstaging the Mistress anytime soon.

Oh dear, lol! I have my hair done in that "stringy" style, and it's full of product to keep it like that. It's identical to the American girl's. It costs a small fortune to have it done, and it's called "beachy waves" or the mermaid look. It's nothing to do with the water there. It's just a style 😂. I'm fond of bright red too. I'd fit right in to that chateau lol! I couldn't bear the gift grab and the fawning though. The new girl is clearly a big big fan, notice how her body language mirrors Stephanie's and Natti's., especially pushing her hair back. She is very bubbly and pretty, clearly modelling her look on Stephanie's.
By the way I'm not copying Stephanie. I have had this look most of my life, being a typical English blonde woman. I like the tousled beach head look which my hairdresser does for me. .😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
You are so right. He has no idea how to self isolate, and why on earth did his friend choose to come to the chateau during the season when B&B guests are coming and going? Mad.
Since they keep harping on how safe it is in LaLaLand due to them being vaccinated and saying they're getting tested so often....its a ploy to fool future guests into thinking it's safe? Sure....walk through airports, sit in a metal sausage and breathe deeply the recirculating air..take deep breaths! Then de-plane into yet another airport, surrounded by people from everywhere, going to everywhere, pick up your luggage whilst rubbing shoulders with everyone else trying to find your bags...

Yeah...It's really safe 🙄

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I think there’s a reason why no work is getting done. It really won’t take long until SJ has salvaged enough gold coins from the pension pots of the pathetic patreons. Where buying a already renovated shitoo in a more appealing area of France will be more worthwhile than dicking about doing poorly done renovations with lazy volunteers. Plus there will be a some mug who will overpay for lalaland because of its ‘prestige’.

Might also explain all the visits to the other chateaux and cities. Scouting trips.
Yes and the comments when seeing small apartments/guesthouses of -' I can see myself living here' ...because she will - sell up move on. That's life really, people invest in real estate. She has partners who will have long term goals too...bonus if you can get others to pay for the restoration. Probably already has people investing to take over later...that should shock nobody.

Reactions: 9
I wasn’t suggesting someone actually light a match and burn the collection to ashes, just expressing how much I hate his artwork. I also wasn’t suggesting that we all literally wash our eyes with bleach after looking at them. Stephanie loves her father’s art, I’m sure there are others that love it as well. She could diversify and monetize his artwork by putting it in a book, selling more wrapping paper, downloadable prints, she has a market for it. His style of painting isn’t my taste, but the innuendo behind his work makes my skin crawl, especially with so much of the subject matter seemingly being influenced by his daughter. Sorry but it just creeps me out.
Maybe it's ij not sj.A young version of ij.

Reactions: 7
Helloooooo again...great posts peeps! You probably have this on a thread somewhere I have not come across yet (let me know) but how did everyone start watching CD? Yes, I am typical when lock down was in full swing - but it came to my attention via a channel Nicki Positano. I love Positano and binged watched her vlogs. In one she did a shout to CD, a video about: "what channels do you watch". So, I checked it out. Was entertained at first till something looked so odd..I think it was the general lack of privacy to all who lived there and the weird projects. Anyway - if I am right SJ never gave NP a shout out or mention, in return for what clearly gained her subscribers. Now, Nicki Positano has just got better in all vlogs and has over taken CD for subscribers. That truly makes me happy! With a small garden and family members they produce so much food and actually work on preserving it for the winter. I know lala is different in ambitions but you would think with the hoard that lives there - food would be a priority?? Or am I being far too practical? :)
I came to watching Chateau Diaries through Escape to the Chateau and Dick and Angel. It was years ago but Stefanny's segment was her organising a singles weekend which went wrong in that no blokes turned up. She had to get her cousin Amaury (yes he of the panelling skills), to drive to Lalande to make up numbers. Isabelle was so shrewish towards her daughter, endlessly criticising and snappy. Weird mother/daughter dynamic.

• Heart
Night everyone - thank you again for so many interesting posts! Before I go for today - I have changed my mind on who FRK shoud interview next on 'success stories' ... Ghislaine Maxwell was my first choice but considering she is some what unavailable at the moment... FRK is heading to the UK - here is my nomination. This dip stick. They can bond over simple chores being a whole days goal - she should be able to at last hang a shirt..Ok you go girl...
I bought a house in Tuscany during the pandemic! (and now I’m finally here), Episode 1 - YouTube

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Maybe it's ij not sj.A young version of ij.
You may be right. But the daubings are still amateurish gaudy tat depicting the inner predilections and preoccupations of some unknown bloke whose daughter insists on tastelessly inflicting on her co-habitees and guests. As a guest of any establishment, I wouldn't want to be assailed by this sort of crude sexual imagery as I try to eat my dinner, relax in a drawing room or sleep. Everything in its place - and the place for these pieces is in the daughter's private space (or the attic).

Reactions: 10
Canada is indeed huge and so many different and remote areas. It’s actually hard to comprehend how multicultural it is! It is a lovely lovely country! I haven’t been in years but we used to go every summer!
We would happily welcome you back! 🇨🇦

@Aquablue I don’t know what part of Canada you live in or grew up in but I have a completely different experience. I was enrolled in a French school even though English was spoken most of the time at home. Most people spoke English out in the community because it was considered a social faux pas to speak French in public. A class division. I have spoken to many people from European countries where they speak French and communicated quite well. In fact when I was shopping in Paris they complemented me on my French. Québécois have difficulties being understood not because of the French they speak but because of their accents. Just like English, accents and dialects are regional. Some French dialects in pockets of Canada are a derivative of old French which was spoken in the 15th, 16th century. I for one envy Europe for their multilingualism.
Also unfortunately language has been politicized in Canada.
👏👏 this is very true…accents are everything! I was just thinking this very thing myself. A huge maple syrup cocktail to you, for your good sense! 🍹

I came to watching Chateau Diaries through Escape to the Chateau and Dick and Angel. It was years ago but Stefanny's segment was her organising a singles weekend which went wrong in that no blokes turned up. She had to get her cousin Amaury (yes he of the panelling skills), to drive to Lalande to make up numbers. Isabelle was so shrewish towards her daughter, endlessly criticising and snappy. Weird mother/daughter dynamic.
Yes, the “new” IJ personality is very different

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Spent a week in Bala a few years ago and all the locals spoke welsh to each other ( possibly because they knew we were English) in our earshot. Maybe North/Central Wales is more into preserving the language?
I speak Welsh to my parents so I’m not going to change to English just because I’m in someone’s earshot 🙄 I’m from near Bala btw.

Sorry, but all they did in that apartment was build a new bathroom. Most of the furniture Nic and Marie are using were bought at Emmaus by the American lady that took over the house when my friends left. The colors on the walls were chosen by my friends. So no, Marie is definitely not deciding on furnishings/colors herself.
SJ also bought the dining table if I recall correctly. Why would you let an ex lover& business partner choose stuff for your holiday home. So odd 🤪 Surely half the fun of having it would be furnishing it 🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.