The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just finished watching and I had to laugh out loud...I kept hearing something in the background. At first I thought OMG! is that Phillip snorting??? But NO!...it was Diesel SNORING!!!...through the entire video!!! I laughed so hard.

And I did love that set of serving dishes in the last package although I have to wonder why anyone would first BUY an expensive set then wrap it so protectively and then pay a (probably) exorbitant amount of postage to send it to Stephanie. It totally blows my mind...

...but I'm still giggling about Diesel snoring so loudly through the video!...even though I really HATE giggles...
Mine too...I don't know, is this part of the shattoh! fascination? Why do so many people spend so much money and devote hours and hours of their time making or buying stuff for them...?
They all seem to try and outdo each other with ever more bijou/expensive gifts....Is it all just for a measly 3mins of fame and listening to manic laughter and the limited vocab, over-excited 'AMAZING'/'I LOOOOVE ITT!' ejaculations?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Helloooooo again...great posts peeps! You probably have this on a thread somewhere I have not come across yet (let me know) but how did everyone start watching CD? Yes, I am typical when lock down was in full swing - but it came to my attention via a channel Nicki Positano. I love Positano and binged watched her vlogs. In one she did a shout to CD, a video about: "what channels do you watch". So, I checked it out. Was entertained at first till something looked so odd..I think it was the general lack of privacy to all who lived there and the weird projects. Anyway - if I am right SJ never gave NP a shout out or mention, in return for what clearly gained her subscribers. Now, Nicki Positano has just got better in all vlogs and has over taken CD for subscribers. That truly makes me happy! With a small garden and family members they produce so much food and actually work on preserving it for the winter. I know lala is different in ambitions but you would think with the hoard that lives there - food would be a priority?? Or am I being far too practical? :)
I first saw Steph in the chateau diy programme and joined the fb group back in early 19 and followed her vlogs that summer.

Reactions: 10
Meet the newest kool-aid drinker. Stuart Folkes

View attachment 694454
asfolkes

There are literally no words to describe the most amazing Château in all of the land (😉if you know, you know).

I’ve made SO many new friends whilst working here, and have felt more than I could ever imagine about the beauty of life and discovering who YOU are meant to be… something that a million or more of us have learned as well over the years through the power of 🎥. The overflowing love, the joy, the music (we’re all singing or humming, even the 🦚) the food, but most of all the riotous laughter. Oh _________, I cannot wait to return soon.
1d
Aw, bless her heart...🙃 She's just managed to get herself out of Texas and the faux culture shock's gone to her head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Stephanie does not stack up well to the statuesque fresh-faced American. SJ's face and demeanour seem to suggest that she knows this. She's looking old and she's not happy because she's the Queen Bee.

Princess Stefanny's motto like Connor McLoud's is 'THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!' ⚔

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I speak Welsh to my parents so I’m not going to change to English just because I’m in someone’s earshot 🙄 I’m from near Bala btw.
Fair enough, but this was staff in the hotel I was staying at, just after we’d spoken to them. I was convinced they were bitching about the customers! Otherwise, everyone in the village I met were lovely.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Meet the newest kool-aid drinker. Stuart Folkes
sfolkes

There are literally no words to describe the most amazing Château in all of the land (😉if you know, you know).

I’ve made SO many new friends whilst working here, and have felt more than I could ever imagine about the beauty of life and discovering who YOU are meant to be… something that a million or more of us have learned as well over the years through the power of 🎥. The overflowing love, the joy, the music (we’re all singing or humming, even the 🦚) the food, but most of all the riotous laughter. Oh _________, I cannot wait to return soon.
1d
Her Instagram is full of pictures of her loving, laughing, eating and having a grand time in her previous travels. What she wrote about HMN being the place of her épanouissement is pure BS.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I first saw Steph in the chateau diy programme and joined the fb group back in early 19 and followed her vlogs that summer.

I also started watching as a suggestion from you tube, started losing interest after Patreon was started.

Reactions: 10
A lot of these, “how I started watching CD vlogs” are posted here and there in the threads. It might be fun to post again for posterity, so here goes…

I enjoy watching Rick Steves, he’s not everyone’s cup of tea..👀 @Jikki2 😉 . Anyway, I was watching his France videos, then a video of him visiting French Chateaux, boom! I fell down a rabbit hole. Doing it Ourselves popped up in my suggested. I was on a French country kick at the time and figured “why not”, so I watched, I believe Petherdick’s first video, which was really boring to me from the jump. But the ending with “Madame Mystery”, caught my attention because of how over the top ridiculous it was. She put on this “Marie Antoinette” type act = royalty with a roll of toilet paper on a string of pearls, so I made a mental note to go check out her videos. It sounded like her content would be more DIY inspired instead of vlogs, which in truth, I can’t stand. I tried out one more DIO video where the two numbskull brothers are panning for gold, and I was done. Their content was draining the life out of my soul. So off I went to check out Fanny. Her videos, in contrast, were bright and cheerful, she had a vibrant personality, and I enjoyed her content. Even checked ETTCDIY to watch more of her interactions with Isabel. It wasn’t until getting flashes of designer goods, the Patreon video, the story of purchasing of the HMN with the two exes, that I was curious about her back story and what she does for a living to afford this lifestyle. That led me here and I haven’t been the same since 😂🤪❤🙏. Even though I can’t stand vlog style content, I still watch because I enjoy the conversations more than the content. I was relieved to see I wasn’t the only one who saw through her fake, vapid personality.

I don’t remember what exactly brought me here, but it must have been something tantalizing because quite a few of us joined around October to the end of January, I was lurking around for about a month before making an account.
I think I started watching from a recommendation from a YouTuber “tarnished treasures” I m always looking for interesting channels with people that don’t get on my nerves. But, I started to notice the greed and lack of work ethic. I was seriously worried about SJ bringing all these strangers into her home physically and through the channel. Felt like a parfect place for a murder like midsomer murders lol and my family thinks it seems very cultish. I don’t watch the GG I tried one or two they are 🤢sickening. I thought there must be other people who think something isn’t quite right here, and that’s how I found these threads. Now I always want to know what the “tattlers” have to say about every vlog

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She's not so bad actuaĺly.Just seems excited to be in Italy.I think she's a hard worker and practically saved her husband's family estate .
Duchess of Sandwich or something Julie, she was on the TV show Ladies of London, it was a Bravo spin off of the Real housewife franchise! I actually enjoyed it. She also did a short lived series for National Geographic , historic Houses or something.

Reactions: 8
And uneducated. For people who frolic around pontificating on art and culture, they are remarkably untutored.
In the recent Le Mans trip she described a bas (pron: 'ba') relief piece as 'baS' relief!
And then there was the stained glass street lamp with the bird on it...one suggested it was a 'peacock' whilst the other opined it was a 'swan'. Anyone with even a passing acquaintance with art history would have immediately identified it as the iconic Sacrificing Pelican connoting Christ's sacrifice, a huge religious 'meme' particularly throughout the late middle ages and Renaissance, derived from ancient mythology.

(BeeS in my bonnet. Some of us did the time and hard work at uni studying and learning this stuff. Our protagonists are simply dilettantes and players, hence the tendency to repo bling resulting in mishmash decor which looks like a supermarket mag's before part of a home makeover. ) Rant off!
Thank you!!!!! All so spot on!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
All the posts are starting to read like an addiction recovery meeting! Me too, recovering!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
[QUOTE="FrankieG, post
Let's assume, for arguments sake, firstly, that she has a very detailed long term business plan (with budget and cash flow) that she follows rigidly. Then we can assume all is well. Questions arise about just how much cash is being sourced and from where, but set that aside. Then, secondly, if there is not aplan etc. and all she has is what we see, well, this is big trouble looming. Gonna be a bad day in black rock, for sure.
[/QUOTE]
My guess is she paid some debts off, too.

Reactions: 13
I think FRK's grifting attempts should be completely ignored from now on. They deserve to be. All the attention and exposure she got at SJ's shitshow has not turned her into a nicer, better person. Now that she's banished, she might stand a chance to achieve something by actually do the work that takes.
She is relaxing in August, doing the wedding in September, hoping that her business takes off once there are pics available. But hardly any weddings in autumn, even her new friend Anna struggles and won't give her the odd job since she does flowers herself. And another lockdown coming for sure in winter. So she either ends again at Lalande or another workaway job. Or a job at Mcdrive in UK.

Another basic life maintenance I was able to avoid because of rainy weather: I don't need to shave my legs since I will wear trousers at the wedding this weekend I am invited to. But selfcongratulations are still possible since I need to iron them😎

🚨ALERT 🚨

Tattlers-get out your marshmallow roasting sticks, grab your favorite adult 🍺🍹🍸🥃🍷 and protective eyewear 🥽 🕶👓

it’s time for a metaphorical bonfire at Stephantasyland!

tonight we will be metaphorically burning Daddy’s art, woodworm furniture, Frankenmirror, dusty old duvets, stupid costumes, Fanny’s giant yellow sweater, BBJ’s too tight trousers, and Marie’s manifestations!

bring along any junk you would like see disappear from chateau poopoo!

WARNING: some items when burning release a metaphorical toxin-breathing within 50 feet of the bonfire is discouraged
I bring the countless aprons...

🚨ALERT 🚨

Tattlers-get out your marshmallow roasting sticks, grab your favorite adult 🍺🍹🍸🥃🍷 and protective eyewear 🥽 🕶👓

it’s time for a metaphorical bonfire at Stephantasyland!

tonight we will be metaphorically burning Daddy’s art, woodworm furniture, Frankenmirror, dusty old duvets, stupid costumes, Fanny’s giant yellow sweater, BBJ’s too tight trousers, and Marie’s manifestations!

bring along any junk you would like see disappear from chateau poopoo!

WARNING: some items when burning release a metaphorical toxin-breathing within 50 feet of the bonfire is discouraged
I bring the countless aprons...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Duchess of Sandwich or something Julie, she was on the TV show Ladies of London, it was a Bravo spin off of the Real housewife franchise! I actually enjoyed it. She also did a short lived series for National Geographic , historic Houses or something.
There is no such thing as the Duchess of Sandwich. The Viscountess Hinchingbrooke is the courtesy title of the wife of the heir (Viscount Hinchingbrooke) of the Earl of Sandwich. Julie Montagu, that overly peppy and over-acting American vlogger is the current titleholder.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
How i ended up at the CD..Well we have a big old house in Bourgogne, so renovlogs of chateaux always interests me, A few years ago we wanted to see another part of France, so i went on searching a house to rent...at first i ended up with Begmania...but it had no pool, so we took another place to stay...but the fact that they only recently bought the place and they were young intriged me...so i started to follow Begmania on FB...Then teabeg started to vlog...so i watched.and then YT decided that Fan Flash also had to be to my liking :oops: thats why i ended up looking at that madhouse...but i soon started to get questions about things, and i started to search on google...and voila Tattle came on....and i saw that a lot of people tought the same like me about her...love..life and laughter..shittoo..

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.