The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is BJJ and his immune compromised friend cooking and eating for themselves in the gite? I don't get travelling cross countries during a pandemic to then stay in a cold chateau with questionable cleanliness with peacock and chicken poo all outside. Weird. BJJ could have taken her somewhere else and they both had a holiday.
That would require him leaving his mistress SJ's side for more than ten minutes! (I don't believe for a second he is quarantining from her for this long! The others, maybe yes, but not his dear SJ)

Reactions: 19
That meal by Dan looked super scrumptious! ;) :love:

That kitchen looks so clean--the cleanest it's ever been, but then Dan did prep much of the food at home aside from the fact that Marie's always been sloppy with her prep.

The question is, is he Marie's new permanent replacement?

View attachment 690476
Hopefully he will.Marie was practically had no choice if she wanted to stay.She didn't seem to enjoy it.I wonder who does the rest of the cooking. Dan just does the patreon dinners,right?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Per Selmar's original 6/16 FB entry, Tatiana's first gallstone surgery was an emergency. In other words, if you believe him, she was not in Turkey for the gallstone operation. Through FB friends, she got out of the hospital and went to a clinic for the second gallstone operation.
What she was doing there in the first place is unknown to me.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 13
That meal by Dan looked super scrumptious! ;) :love:

That kitchen looks so clean--the cleanest it's ever been, but then Dan did prep much of the food at home aside from the fact that Marie's always been sloppy with her prep.

The question is, is he Marie's new permanent replacement?

View attachment 690476
SJ should not help we know you don’t wash. Dan should cook once a month but get a babysitter so Annleise could come also.

God this woman is delusional. It's about character Marie. Your ethics and righteous tone to others somehow don't extend to yourself - begging for money to buy a car, copying SJ and using her contacts to set yourself up as some "guru", you are a great pretender.
FRK you lived with people but didn’t take time to be friends that is why you learnt so much in the interviews. You could have watched kids for Annaleis. You should have paid SJ for her car you wrecked. You hit an animal with your new car and didn’t even stuff it for Snorty. Joking! Tell Sillymar not to give money to people he meets online you know how they scam!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
From far away and at certain angles where you can't see the entire chateau, La Lande really does look like a castle. And from the drone shots (Thank you, Dan!) the grounds look nice. I really enjoyed the footage of the back terrace with the lights on, illuminating the back of the chateau. But I really do wish more restoration was being done, like the façade where the rendering is crumbling off and the inside where the heating system needs to be fixed to protect the walls and floors from the cold and condensation...Her priorities really are skewed. It's sad that patrons are sending so much money and not getting what they were promised. I do watch her regular vlogs but can't force myself to watch the gift grab, it's just so phony and ridiculously wasteful. I also don't watch a few others that I started out with because of the "begging bowl" being rattled all the time. Maybe someday they will all wake up and realize just how greedy and callous they truly are.

Reactions: 23
Dan should cook once a month but get a babysitter so Annleise could come also.
I don’t think he got to eat with the guests, which is why Stephanie brought him out for the applause. I don’t think Nati, Selmar, and whoever else is there eats with the guests all the time. But that’s just a guess from what bits I have seen. I think they act as waitstaff.

Reactions: 18
Tonight I was visiting my parents and there was a show on PBS about Dumfries House in Scotland. Everything was fine until the woman started gushing about a chandelier. One glance and I knew; yuck, a Murano. So gaudy.

Very cool that they were repairing the garden walls (show was a few years old so probably done by now).

Reactions: 16
So Selma's "girlfriend" is going to shack up with him in the campervan, parked in the second courtyard. Is she going to contribute to La La life or be resting in van while Selmar does his 5 hours a day of whatever? Is SJ expected to feed her?
This is real weird. Do they facetime normally and this is how they developed their relationship, but now she's had some "work" done so she's cut him off until she heals?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Just wait....next vlog coming will show the kitchen dirty again. I hope future guests enjoy their salmon with a side of salmonella. Too bad, really. Dan's video showed....for a few seconds...just how lovely that kitchen could be.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Can someone please clarify why everyone is fair game apart from ‘Dan the man’? How does this work? As you’ve all established I’m a newbie with half a dozen posts. Maybe help explain to some of us why he gets a free ride even though he grifted before he’d even turned on the camera.

You do realise that he set up a Patreon account in his first intro video and a GoFundMe for a renovations project. Nobody on YouTube does that. Unless they’re using their position of fame and popularity from this trou du cul niche of YouTube to exploit the generous Christians of the mid-west.

There is a scale of tit and anyone who opened up a Patreons account moment after registering their YouTube account is on it. I just don’t understand the double standards on the grifting and why some are hammered and others are seen as saints.
I agree: it looks bad. To his defense, he is redirecting donations to charity and shows some ethics by working a bit harder at least, but he's definitely on the grifting spectrum. Anyone with inside information on the scheme that SJ is pulling who isn't walking away from it or otherwise making sure not to engage with her, could be called out for really bad judgement.

That’s what these b&b guests are paying for - the Full Steph dining experience!
They want to be part of the "life, love and laughter" they are fed in the vlogs.Very clever marketing. They don't go to have the usual boutique B&B experience which is breakfast, a nice room in a nice setting, then spend all day sightseeing and eat your lunch and dinner out somewhere in the local area, only returning late at night. . They want to meet the people they see in Chateau Diaries. That's why they pay for the dinner and meet Stephanie and some of the others. I bet a lot of the guests hang round the chateau all day, having the packed lunch offer, just to catch a glimpse of their idols. Hey its their money. I suspect most guests are comfortably off. If it gives them a thrill why not?

Could not have put it better. There seem to be some new arrivals (welcome, by the way, and you are entitled to your opinions) who think we should be dissing everyone who makes a vlog. Not so. Dan has had some criticism in the past, but he has really proved himself in many ways and has gained popularity through his hard work. Other people have also escaped relatively lightly - Kat for example. It would be a boring set of threads indeed if we did not give credit where it was due and judged everyone on their own merits. There is plenty to criticise without using it when none is due.
I find it real interesting that no "old" friends seem to have arrived for holiday and parties this year yet. Normally, that seasons starts right after Easter and they are always around "helping" their favorite shittelaine with their inspiring presence. But none this year so far. And no elusive N, far less attention from Potty and his girlfriend who is toom ashamed to be on camera anyway. Could it be they all fear our critical judgements? Or has the truth about the real SJ finally hit them too?

Maybe the Chateau are getting a little concerned about Dan's popularity and wanting to keep the hired help in his place? She doesn't risk the passive aggressive comments with him!
Nail on the head. From what I've heard she is really annoyed with him shooting vlog material during working hours. The passive aggressive comments don't work on him because he has no real respect for her to begin with, for obvious reasons. He will not adore her like she needs to be adored and that's a big frustration for her. He has build a large fan base, making it harder for her to just give him the sack. My guess is she will use Davy more and more to make Dan's efforts more in line with what she wants. But once the madness of her garden plans start, I suspect Dan will step down anyway. He's far too creative to play second fiddle and only follow her outrageous orders. SJ has a shining track record of demotivating even her most loyal employees with her insane ideas and Dan will be no exception to that rule.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I don't know anything much about Selmar and his affairs but I'm wondering whether his gf is not entitled to access the NHS free (at point of need)? They're tightening up now. I was born here to British parents, all legal and above board, but last year the NHS demanded that I go in and prove my entitlement! I don't know what that was about - too many foreigners in my DNA or something daft like that? (I didn't go and see them.)
The other thing is that the waiting lists for even urgent surgery are very long now. Covid.
I think you're right, she may have gone to Turkey because of the long waiting lists here in the UK. Our hospitals were overwhelmed at the height of the pandemic which had a knock on effect to our present waiting lists.
I waited 2 months to get an ankle x Ray and ultrasound on the NHS recently. To be fair I wasn't in pain at all, and it wasn't an emergency in any way. Normally you would be seen within a week though. Most of the clinically trained staff were called in to Covid wards during the pandemic, and retired NHS staff like myself were contacted to cover their normal duties. You could get a fast tracked return to work assessment, (I know as I was offered one) . I didn't take it up as I was 70, and also in one of the clinically vulnerable groups. As it happens I caught Covid( not hospitalised thank goodness) and took a while to recover. The staff are now back in their normal settings , but have a tremendous backlog of routine, non urgent, elective surgery cases to catch up on, hence the long wait times. It will take a few years to get back to normal as many peoples' conditions have become more serious as a result unfortunately.
I'm not sure Tatiana had a gall bladder operation. That would be treated as an emergency, if there was any pain at all, not an elective operation, and you would still be top priority here in the UK. You would be in severe pain, and would be operated on immediately. She may have preferred to go to a private clinic to recover perhaps and Turkish clinics are cheaper. I can't imagine flying to Istanbul and getting a taxi to the hospital with gall bladder pain though. She would be doubled up in agony. It's one of the most painful conditions you can experience. I suspect myself she went for cosmetic surgery, as its common practice to go abroad for this to countries where its considerably cheaper than the UK. I think the gall bladder is an excuse. Wonder if Selmar will pick up the bill? I'm sure he's being conned.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Definitely a water pressure problem from a ground supply with a downhill run to the shittoo. Need a big header tank and one of those water flow driven pumps to be effective (no power source required). And there is a skeptic :ROFLMAO: tank cleaned out regularly by a honeysucker service.
There are already several septic tanks. With Potty's and IJ's apartments added and now the new additions for Nutty (if she manages to stay that long) and the moron brother from another mother, they surely will need an extra.

Maybe someome already commented on this, but did u notice how SJ shamelessly asks Dan for his footage to use in her vlogs ( the interesting, plot type of footage which she didnt do herself bc she chose to enjoy shopping with PJJ instead)
SJ has made it clear more than once that she is the legal owner of anything shot at her HMN. She feels she is the original and without her all the sequels are meritless. She is probably annoyed she even has to ask and he hasn't offered it to her first thing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
@Winecrasher you sound like a vile person I have put you on ignore, a first for me on this or any forum.
Thank you…didn’t know “ignore” was possible…me too…horrible stuff…
👋 That was me, you’re kind to call them amazing. They were fun to do. Should I start doing them again? I got the feeling people thought they were annoying
No…please do…so many of us can’t be assed to get through an entire Shatooing,
let alone darkening the doorstep of even one heinous gift-grab. Think of it as a kind service to your Tattling community!

God this woman is delusional. It's about character Marie. Your ethics and righteous tone to others somehow don't extend to yourself - begging for money to buy a car, copying SJ and using her contacts to set yourself up as some "guru", you are a great pretender.
What….? she doesn’t “inspire” you!? 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you…didn’t know “ignore” was possible…me too…horrible stuff…

No…please do…so many of us can’t be assed to get through an entire Shatooing,
let alone darkening the doorstep of even one heinous gift-grab. Think of it as a kind service to your Tattling community!

What….? she doesn’t “inspire” you!? 🤣🤣🤣
Who actually says…I am here (you lucky people) to “inspire you!” Really…what…the…actual…hell!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Selmar Duin
Finally she had here second operation. Because I reach out on Facebook to look for somebody how now somebody in Turkey Istanbul Charlotte send me than an message that she had a friend how is a doctor and has a clinic in Istanbul. So Tatyana went to that clinic and they did the surgery. She now is in recovery and Hopefully she can travel save to here home. Charlotte thank u so much for your help and I will thank you all for the support and wishes and prayers. It really helped here. I am going to travel to Holland in August and going to pick up Tatyana in September and than whe travel together to France. To la Lande where she is going to stay for a while and. Finally whe going to meet.

Tatty’s second op has taken place. So odd all info is through a 3rd party! 🤔
This doesn't add up. Selmar was frantic because he didn't know where Tatty was, he was worried sick and had no clue about her whereabouts? Hes giving the impression here that he helped arrange it through FB contacts? Hmm. 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Nail on the head. From what I've heard she is really annoyed with him shooting vlog material during working hours. The passive aggressive comments don't work on him because he has no real respect for her to begin with, for obvious reasons. He will not adore her like she needs to be adored and that's a big frustration for her. He has build a large fan base, making it harder for her to just give him the sack. My guess is she will use Davy more and more to make Dan's efforts more in line with what she wants. But once the madness of her garden plans start, I suspect Dan will step down anyway. He's far too creative to play second fiddle and only follow her outrageous orders. SJ has a shining track record of demotivating even her most loyal employees with her insane ideas and Dan will be no exception to that rule.
I hope Dan does leave the chateau. His skill and personality, through the vlogs, will stagnate at the farmhouse. Already, I watch his vlog through the corner of my eyes at 2x speed as the sight of the farmhouse irritates me. He needs a better horizon and more content options.

and the moron brother from another mother...
Our household term for him, exactly. Marvelous. His behavior led me to critically assess the channel simply through the question "What kind of people would put up with and even fawn over such a dufus?". Then the scales fell away with a mighty clang :rolleyes: :cool:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think you're right, she may have gone to Turkey because of the long waiting lists here in the UK. Our hospitals were overwhelmed at the height of the pandemic which had a knock on effect to our present waiting lists.
I waited 2 months to get an ankle x Ray and ultrasound on the NHS recently. To be fair I wasn't in pain at all, and it wasn't an emergency in any way. Normally you would be seen within a week though. Most of the clinically trained staff were called in to Covid wards during the pandemic, and retired NHS staff like myself were contacted to cover their normal duties. You could get a fast tracked return to work assessment, (I know as I was offered one) . I didn't take it up as I was 70, and also in one of the clinically vulnerable groups. As it happens I caught Covid( not hospitalised thank goodness) and took a while to recover. The staff are now back in their normal settings , but have a tremendous backlog of routine, non urgent, elective surgery cases to catch up on, hence the long wait times. It will take a few years to get back to normal as many peoples' conditions have become more serious as a result unfortunately.
I'm not sure Tatiana had a gall bladder operation. That would be treated as an emergency, if there was any pain at all, not an elective operation, and you would still be top priority here in the UK. You would be in severe pain, and would be operated on immediately. She may have preferred to go to a private clinic to recover perhaps and Turkish clinics are cheaper. I can't imagine flying to Istanbul and getting a taxi to the hospital with gall bladder pain though. She would be doubled up in agony. It's one of the most painful conditions you can experience. I suspect myself she went for cosmetic surgery, as its common practice to go abroad for this to countries where its considerably cheaper than the UK. I think the gall bladder is an excuse. Wonder if Selmar will pick up the bill? I'm sure he's being conned.
And doubtful she could get on a flight with a fever during a pandemic. And never mind the nausea and intense pain of gallstones during a four hour flight.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.