The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Selma's "girlfriend" is going to shack up with him in the campervan, parked in the second courtyard. Is she going to contribute to La La life or be resting in van while Selmar does his 5 hours a day of whatever? Is SJ expected to feed her?
Is BJJ and his immune compromised friend cooking and eating for themselves in the gite? I don't get travelling cross countries during a pandemic to then stay in a cold chateau with questionable cleanliness with peacock and chicken poo all outside. Weird. BJJ could have taken her somewhere else and they both had a holiday.

Reactions: 25
So of those 10 plates, how many paid the 50 euros? 2? 4? Do the on-camera personalities eat for free? I suppose yes.
If my party were paying 50 euro each for meal I can guarantee that would include only people of our choosing and not every moocher within shouting distance. Why does the little 🐀 think people want her company at dinner? At the very most, small time owners would appear for after dinner drinks and maybe a guided tour of the HMN.
Those superfans really get on my last nerve with how sycophantic they are.

Reactions: 12
If my party were paying 50 euro each for meal I can guarantee that would include only people of our choosing and not every moocher within shouting distance. Why does the little 🐀 think people want her company at dinner? At the very most, small time owners would appear for after dinner drinks and maybe a guided tour of the HMN.
Those superfans really get on my last nerve with how sycophantic they are.
That’s what these b&b guests are paying for - the Full Steph dining experience!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If the amount of stuff they had to move, which required numerous trips with big removal vans, is anything to go by, I would say that they must still have a very big property !
O
Dan often mentions that his grandpa lives nearby. Does anyone know if his grandpa moved there first or if he followed Dan?
His Grandad was there first which is how he knew the area. He has a holiday home, not full time. They are 20 minutes drive from each other

Reactions: 14
All very strange indeed. No news as of 10am UK time today then suddenly everything has happened, wonder if the second operation was for the residual gallstones ( she was supposedly in so much pain because of this) which means the original operation for 'a procedure' and the reason she went to Turkey in the first place didn't happen ? Odd, very odd and doesn't add up- literally !
It sounds as though Selmar is being taken for the ride of his life….😬

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I don't get travelling cross countries during a pandemic to then stay in a cold chateau with questionable cleanliness with peacock and chicken poo all outside. Weird. BJJ could have taken her somewhere else and they both had a holiday.
THIS👆👆👆

If I were immune compromised, I👏WOULD👏NOT👏GO👏ANYWHERE👏UNSAFE👏
Even if she was his only best friend in the whole wide world, would she even be able to see the rest of the dump? Are they staying in a gîte for the duration of her time there.

• Heart
All very strange indeed. No news as of 10am UK time today then suddenly everything has happened, wonder if the second operation was for the residual gallstones ( she was supposedly in so much pain because of this) which means the original operation for 'a procedure' and the reason she went to Turkey in the first place didn't happen ? Odd, very odd and doesn't add up- literally !
OK ..... I am so confused ...... how many operations has the Tats had????

Morning all.... trying to catch up :oops:

Reactions: 15
Dan often mentions that his grandpa lives nearby. Does anyone know if his grandpa moved there first or if he followed Dan?
I didn't last too long in the MW intvu with Annelise, but A says grandpa has a holiday home there -- it's how Dan and Annelise came to buy a house in that area of France.

Reactions: 11
It’s been emotional. I better get back on my boat.
One of the Ians? He has a boat. Not sure which Ian though. Anyhow...don't let the mainsail hit you on the way out.
You can get tablets for emotions, or a stiff whisky.
Ciao

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It sounds as though Selmar is being taken for the ride of his life….😬
What I read from Selmar's (near illiterate) post was .... the cheque has cleared! Seriously though, I reckon she did a "I need money for the second operation" message, and foolish Selmar sent money to her. I honestly believe he is being catfished.

As for Dan the Man, let's not forget he reads Tattler and has given us messages via his vlog, the string, the beer etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
you don't want to irrigate crops with city water - it's not good for them. the moat water would be full of helpful nutrients for the plants as well as being "free" if you can get it where it needs to go. I still don't really understand their pipe problem - should have been a really easy project.

it would be a cool business if got it dialed in - something you wouldn't have to retire from. There is that whole "lord of the manor" thing, but also being your own boss having your own business. it's a romantic idea - an idillic life in the quiet French countryside, but the reality is pretty harsh if these blogs are any indication.

work on your reading comprehension. i said that I thought he was the straightest guy in Stephanie's orbit, but it wouldn't surprise me if he buggered Phillip. I mean, who wouldn't?
To be honest the last thing on my mind would be about buggering Philip, it isn't the Shawshank redemption, just a YouTube channel. Unless your name is Loki, in which case you'd quiver at the sight of his knees and cry when he lit a candle in church.
Why even go there?

My all-time favourite posts have to be the conversations between @Gibson and Father O'Malley ( our much missed @Princess and the Pea.). I would laugh out loud every time they appeared in the confessional!
I miss the lighthearted posts as well. I was weaning myself off slowly and find myself back in the midst of it all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Here you are FRK….reposted your Instagram story……! Note to Marie: wake up and smell the spinning florals! If YOU were not “insecure”, nothing anyone said would motivate you to keep posting about hate and insecurities.
God this woman is delusional. It's about character Marie. Your ethics and righteous tone to others somehow don't extend to yourself - begging for money to buy a car, copying SJ and using her contacts to set yourself up as some "guru", you are a great pretender.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
QUOTE="Sami Lee, post: 5800956, member: 209071"]
Indeed. And why oh why do so many people think they're qualified to interview people? I just watched 2 of these 'success' stories. Repetitious questions, the lack of real things that I'd like to know (how on earth did Nati get an Italian passport? Where will she spend her golden years? What are Anna-Liese's plans for her family's future? How are the boys doing in a multi-lingual culture? etc etc ) . No questions about what they believe their successes to be - the Wiiki interpreted that for us. And the awful, gawky girlie nervous giggling at the drop of a hat....cut that out and it would leave half the time to fill with more interesting questions.
Iure sanguinis: If you have some Italian ancestry Italy gives you Italian passport quite easily. Americans, who never ever where in Italy apply for it all the time. It's quite a thing right now.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, Milre. I didn't know it was as easy.
A lot of Brits were trying to get citizenship in EU countries after Brexit. Nice to have that leeway in case things went pearshaped in the UK. I looked into it because of French and German forebears but there were too many flaming hoops for my liking! Pity my Italian ancestors are far too far back - that would have been a tasty bolthole!

Reactions: 7
OK ..... I am so confused ...... how many operations has the Tats had????

Morning all.... trying to catch up :oops:
It's very confusing isn't it? Still can't get my head round the fact that she left the UK where the NHS is free, and opted to have her operations abroad where she (or more likely Selmar) had to pay. It's all a load of nonsense and poor Selmar is getting played. I wish he could see it.

• Haha
  • Heart
I think I heard him say on a very recent vid that his grandpa has had a holiday place for a long time (or might have been Dan's wife).

Reactions: 4
It's very confusing isn't it? Still can't get my head round the fact that she left the UK where the NHS is free, and opted to have her operations abroad where she (or more likely Selmar) had to pay. It's all a load of nonsense and poor Selmar is getting played. I wish he could see it.
And he hasn’t even met her in person yet? 😶

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
That meal by Dan looked super scrumptious! ;) :love:

That kitchen looks so clean--the cleanest it's ever been, but then Dan did prep much of the food at home aside from the fact that Marie's always been sloppy with her prep.

The question is, is he Marie's new permanent replacement?

meal pred.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't know anything much about Selmar and his affairs but I'm wondering whether his gf is not entitled to access the NHS free (at point of need)? They're tightening up now. I was born here to British parents, all legal and above board, but last year the NHS demanded that I go in and prove my entitlement! I don't know what that was about - too many foreigners in my DNA or something daft like that? (I didn't go and see them.)
The other thing is that the waiting lists for even urgent surgery are very long now. Covid.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.