The Chateau Diaries #43 The Mad Queen who is eating her cake and everyone else's too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The bus ride at Lalande is getting very bumpy!!!! 🚌 Not a lot of love for Selmar in the live chat. SJ and mini apron need to throw someone under the bus. More questions and no real answers. SJ trying to flood the zone with sorrow to divert the attention from failing renovations did not work.

Angela Pa @Chateau Diaries hi Stephanie @Neil Hartley told us that there’s a potato festival near Lalande . It would be nice to see it.
holy sh*t I actually didn’t see that one coming-is she going to suggest Selmar is ”the one that destroyed my plan for renovation and restoration by his inaction”-is Ian next? I bet the chapel restorer will get little sympathy and lots of blame

she won’t take any responsibility for this debacle

and we will all be punished with a Vlog visit to a potato festival 🥔

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
.. Don't know how she gets any B&B guests ... They must be as boring and desperate as she is ...
Her guests are now all her fans from her videos. They all look petrified on the videos to be seen with their idol. And all with over the top make up and clothes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
We knew here that she had lost all boundaries in her vlogs over more than one year.

But this time, it's appalling : filming someone who is grieving liting a candle in a church AND filming herself in close up with tears on her face because she remembers her dad AND keeping all this (very) private moment for a (very) public vlog for hundreds of followers to see it...
She knows that she will gain views (money) and maybe more Patrons with this sort of filming. And indeed, she gets lots of comments (good for You Tube algorythms) from people telling their stories about their lost loved ones.

I don't know if there is a word for this.

Interesting comments for this new vlog :

The Motor Trade

4 hours ago
Have you noticed that this vlog has twice the subscribers as the videos get views?.....everybody else is the other way ' round!

ursine121

3 hours ago
Apparently the Bat jumped on the blogger bandwagon and has now got its own YouTube channel called 'Chateau Bat oh!' 😂

Nana Woolon
Nana W
8 hours ago
I still cannot see my name which makes me feel sad. Nana (Narice Woolon)💖💖 Love love love the Chargers, so pretty with the florals. You guys have gorgeous tastes in what ever you buy or create. Peace, love and blessings to you all💖💖🇦🇺

CC

12 hours ago
It has been some time since we have seen any update on the various restoration/renovation projects. When will we see what’s happening with the work?

Hide reply

caroline gooder
caroline g
7 hours ago
BBC video was done and it goes out first. When it is on YouTube we will all know quickly. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The whole "HOME SWEET HOME!" vlog was a scramle and an attempt to appease the disgruntled peasants. She threw together whatever footage she had of Lalaland and still, if you take out the self absorbed intro and the list of most gullible idiots at the end, a third of the actual flog is from outside of Lalaland.

If it hadn't been for the recent complaints about the lack of focus on her mismanaged restoration nightmare, this flog would have been titled something like "VISITING AN AMAZING 11TH CENTURY BUZZILICA!"
1625228727411.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Kerry O-Hs

14 hours ago
I still love the chateau diaries & wait patiently for news & vlogs on it also I’ve been waiting to see more of the up dates in the chateau. This comment may not go down well however in my opinion This video could possibly be for a Sunday vlog-which generally shows interesting areas etc. Thank you 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So are we going to see more PITY ME/DR. DOOLITTLE/SELMAR videos as Patreon and chat comments press for more accountability? In which she stars looking exceptionally rough around the eyes, makeupless, with her bad hair day head band, in her wrinkled brocante shirt and third-day-in-a-row bra out peacock nap dress?
Wow, that last thing was a trip.
Is basilica really the correct term for a small romanesque church with a dome, not a steeple?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The whole "HOME SWEET HOME!" vlog was a scramle and an attempt to appease the disgruntled peasants. She threw together whatever footage she had of Lalaland and still, if you take out the self absorbed intro and the list of most gullible idiots at the end, a third of the actual flog is from outside of Lalaland.

If it hadn't been for the recent complaints about the lack of focus on her mismanaged restoration nightmare, this flog would have been titled someting like "VISITING AN AMAZING 11TH CENTURY BUZZILICA!"
View attachment 644401
Exactly ! She is trying to "noyer le poisson" (drowning the fish) as we say in french. So obvious !

NB : In her back, the apparent bra under her summer (too loose) dress is not reallly tasteful...

Last edited:
So is the patreon cash being used to do the updates for TV? So it appears to TV viewers that Lalonde has money to afford projects they are doing? hhhmmm isn't that sketchy as h3ll to do considering patreon is looking for special content but have to wait now until the show airs? What is the point for them paying extra if anyone can find the episodes online like any other rube? Uh Someone mentioned that if SJ continues to behave like MP (entitled and free to ignore patreon questions) she will continue to have a patreon death spiral. Her attitude in maintaining that her channel is about life, travel and parties with some decoration may be true she shouldn't continually flout money that could be perceived as raised for reno's being spent on decor, fancy meals and travel.
She really needs to be specific about the money spent and what is happening with the renos again because from the patreon comments, she is starving her cash cow from neglect. Yet another beast she is choosing to ignore! 🤪🤪🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree with you and I am Danfending here =- hardy and long lasting perennials are the way to go. However, she needs to renovate the walls - and striping the rendering off will cause plant damage at the foot of the walls. My guess is that annuals are a temporary fix / for show until that work is done.
I often have thought a cutting garden would have been a good addition most large country homes especially those with paying guest have one. Cheaper than purchasing fresh flowers or stealing them from the road side

We knew here that she had lost all boundaries in her vlogs over more than one year.

But this time, it's appalling : filming someone who is grieving liting a candle in a church AND filming herself in close up with tears on her face because she remembers her dad AND keeping all this (very) private moment for a (very) public vlog for hundreds of followers to see it...
She knows that she will gain views (money) and maybe more Patrons with this sort of filming. And indeed, she gets lots of comments (good for You Tube algorythms) from people telling their stories about their lost loved ones.

I don't know if there is a word for this.
In the strange countries I grew up in, some of the beggars would unveil their most pitiable deformities when we the rich Americans passed.
I've seen it in Washington, D.C. too among the homeless living under Key Bridge, who emerge during rush hour to thread through the commuter cars at the stoplight. If they've got a stump, or burn scars on their torso, these are displayed as persuasive fundraisers.
TV evangelist grifters like Tammy Faye Bakker, her awful husband, and Jimmy Swaggart do this performative holy roller "Christianity" to raise funds. I thought it was one of those exceptionally vile American things.
SJ truly jumped the shark on this one. I will keep this in mind next time they do candlelight caroling in the chapel, as well as the lingerie model in garters before the altar at Lalande.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
and we will all be punished with a Vlog visit to a potato festival 🥔
I can see our Chatelaine with her high heels, her flowery too long dresses and her flashy yellow padded shoulders jacket in a Potatoes Festival in the very rural Crozon-sur-Vauvres (or in the area) in the middle of nowhere surounded by all these French peasants ! OMG 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
No, it's not, a basilica is a church with naves, not a round one.
Actually it is a basillica.

It's been appointed Basillica by the Pope in 1910 because it was a huge pilgrimage place (which she forgot to tell her viewers) on the way to Compostella during all the Middle Age.

She also forgot to say that this Basilica has some "blood drops of Jesus Christ" and is still a big and important pilgrimage place for Catholics.

It's one of the very rare round basilica built after Jerusalem basilica.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Actually it is a basillica.

It's been appointed Basillica by the Pope in 1910 because it was a huge pilmgrimage place (which she forgot to tell her viewers) on the way to Compostella during all the Middle Age.

Okay, yes, they can bestow the title of basilica to a church. I was thinking of the architectural term.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.