The Chateau Diaries #43 The Mad Queen who is eating her cake and everyone else's too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually it is a basillica.

It's been appointed Basillica by the Pope in 1910 because it was a huge pilmgrimage place (which she forgot to tell her viewers) on the way to Compostella during all the Middle Age.

She also forgot to say that this Basilica has some "blood drops of Jesus Christ" and is still a big and important pilgrimage place for Catholics.

It's one of the very rare round basilica built after Jerusalem basilica.

I spent the last couple of months looking at 11th century French Gothic architecture and its development from Romanesque. In scanning the interior of this church, I noticed one of the many tropes that one scholar says Christian architects took from moorish Spain and their crusades to Jerusalem. She's titled her book provocatively, Stealing from the Saracens, but her evidence is immaculate for both Romanesque and Gothic. If you ever get a chance to visit the Great Mosque of Cordoba and the Alhambra, many, many things will be made clear to you, not least the striated stone arches in the basilica of St. Etienne. And why South America and California and Havana look the way they do.
Thank you for the link.

Reactions: 11
`
I can see our Chatelaine with her high heels, her flowery too long dresses and her flashy yellow padded shoulders jacket in a Potatoes Festival in the very rural Crozon-sur-Vauvres (or in the area) in the middle of nowhere surounded by all these French peasants ! OMG 😂
ooh the very French side eye she will get from the locals😒-we won’t get to see it because she thinks we only want to see her face (or Phyllis’s) in a close-up (too up close for me-they both need longer arms)-she clearly doesn’t understand if she used an actual camera she could soften the focus and not look so dreadful

[looks directly into fancy camer] ffs Fanny a real camera & microphone would barley set you back any 💶 and would infinitely improve the visual quality of your video—including your appearance [I look great right-no one would suspect I am an old lady-I know how to soften my focus and “use my light” to my advantage]

hey Roadkill (btw-the exactness of this nickname is astounding given her last video with Nati) you should take note as well-darling it’s all about lighting and ANGLES for you

as friends say to real friends ”it can’t be fixed in the mix”(edit) you need good material to start with

Isabelle or Mrs. Percy or Tandoori Chicken or whatever you go by now, tell your daughter to invest in her vocation by buying some professional equipment and not in junk from brocantes

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I see Peter and Miss Anna’s new home is very close to Stephs - wonder if she knows them? Mind you they won’t be in a chateau now and are extremely hard workers...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
holy sh*t I actually didn’t see that one coming-is she going to suggest Selmar is ”the one that destroyed my plan for renovation and restoration by his inaction”-is Ian next? I bet the chapel restorer will get little sympathy and lots of blame

she won’t take any responsibility for this debacle
Surely now that Selmar is working for her he can only follow her orders , I don’t believe for a second that she pays him for not working!
I’d love to know what’s going on with “the Ian’s and why work has ground to a halt! Could it be that she got the bill for work done and she refused to pay???

the chapel restorer had NO INTENTION of doing that restoration, he’s face when he looked at it and I don’t believe for a moment that he’s had an accident. He’s just not interested in lalaland.
Just my opinion of course
[/QUOTE]

• Heart
Throwing away 800 Euros on Haviland plates is easy-peasy when monies pour incessantly from unquestioning patrons.

I never want to get used to Stephanie's despicable behavior.
Yet no heat in winter? Spend money on wood burners, all that free wood lying about. Snorty

Reactions: 16
Why did Phil lit a candle for Loki? Don’t you usually light candles only when someone is.. well, dead?
one can light a candle as prayer for someone who is ill or facing challenges (Loki may fit both)

btw is 🌿 🚬 🍬 in the midnight train area you? [tried not to ask directly but have been wondering because I like your pseudonym]

Where does Nana W not see her name on? On the Patreon roll list at the end?
Nana-bless her heart-apparently did not donate enough to make the mentions (I selflessly checked the list for her)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Another glaring problem for Phyllis is his timeline. We have mentioned August 2020 several times. In the live chat yesterday he was trying to clean this up. Why???🤔 Have we struck a nerve??? Funny, no Manor and Maker in the live chat??? Sarah Yates threw a monkey wrench at this narrative. 😂

Penny Howard Hello CHATEAU fans 👋Can anyone tell me when Phillip came to the CHATEAU?

Sarah Yates @Penny Howard Philip arrived almost a year ago it’s was during the summer

DeAnn P @Philip Janssen @Penny Howard asked when is it that you arrived at Lalande

Philip Janssen @DeAnn P @Penny Howard I arrived in September last year :)

Sarah Yates @Philip Janssen wow I thought it was about July you arrived the weather was good. And your debut was wearing a tiara

Brenda Mcgee Phillip Janssen arrived and straight into the Chateau pot of love

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Marie and Rebecca Jones: Success Stories - What a strange way to begin an interview with the interviewer telling the interviewee that she feels "a little bit nervous" as she feels intimidated by her. Lots of "Wow" and "Amazing" again and Marie will have to stop the constant giggling for no reason; it's extremely annoying. Why is it that some people, like Marie (and SJ), think that an unfunny merely factual statement is hilarious and warrants a peal of unnatural laughter? On the other hand, Rebecca seems very nice, natural and normal. Those qualities are so different from the characteristics of all the Lalande lot. Again, Marie speaks so slowly and is always so sycophantic and uses all the usual self-help words like, "journey"; "passion", "inspired". It was a better interview, however, than the previous one, mainly because of the person being interviewed! They do "slow living" retreats and Marie declares that R is on her "waveline"! Can't see SJ being part of Rebecca's "tribe" but it would seem to be a much more serene environment in which to stay than CLL.

• Sad
SJ taking a leaf out of FRK and teabags, tear stained vlogs is sick bucket time... I unfortunately cry easily ( happy sad). I would never have it filmed, she is getting very nervous of her funds nose diving, which I think they will. Did anyone else think the greetings to Andie were staged, as if to convince her patrons she had started back renovating the loo, she does care about the wildlife, all these projects were continuing while she was living the life??. Get that debit card back out grannies!!
I am SO disappointed that Andie felt the need to return. And she too had a dress on that was WAY too SHORT for her age!!!! Yes gads!! SJ is rubbing off on her! Instead of the other way around.
Andie really does seem to be one of the few that likes Phyllis. Maybe he is a surrogate for a long lost son or one she never had???
Or.
Maybe she needs attention like the rest of the world seems to need nowadays. She seems lonely.
Facebook, Twitter, tik tok, .....the whole world needs to NEED everyone to know what they are doing and feeling every minute of the day.

Like most other groups emigrating, they tend to carry their own culture with them , and will often use tradesmen from the same background. My family were just the same when they moved from Ireland to the UK. We always had to find an Irish Catholic plumber from the community if a pipe burst for example, and my mother would get relatives to send her Barry's tea by post.
. My elderly aunt is still the same, she doesn't "trust" English plumbers and she's been living here for 70 years. It's the same with most new migrant groups. They go for the familiar. Hence the shops in Canada and the US selling British brands at extortionate prices.

That would make a great new thread title Tax Inspector,
"A celebration of nothingness in an age of mediocrity".
Yes!!!

No-one but absolutely no-one genuinely overtaken by a moment of grief decides to film themselves. Have you no shame Fanny? Actually, you really don't need to answer that.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Narcissist do because it's always about them. ALWAYS 👈

holy sh*t I actually didn’t see that one coming-is she going to suggest Selmar is ”the one that destroyed my plan for renovation and restoration by his inaction”-is Ian next? I bet the chapel restorer will get little sympathy and lots of blame

she won’t take any responsibility for this debacle

and we will all be punished with a Vlog visit to a potato festival 🥔
Surely we see enough 'spuds or S'podes' in the CD? I will be milking that pun for a while.
I sincerely hope there is a proper list and update of works soon. There has been enough sidelining for a long while. When I see other Chateau owners constantly working, upskilling their practical skills and generally just doing better, well I think the shine will disappear soon enough.Obviously SJ has cornered the market for vlogs at the moment, but others will rapidly overtake. She has a place in the vlog market for sure.
Questions still arising:
Why have Potts and Co just allowed her to be front and centre when they benefit in kind?
Why are people assuming Philip has a say in the running of the Shitoo?
Again- where is their contribution and how is that money split now that Patreon accounts for a large proportion of income?
What is the benefit of the current work(if we ever see completion) to the Chateau?
Historically- will conversion of apartments for people who don't currently live there benefit the future? How will this happen?
Will a swimming pool attract more guests? If so where will those guests stay?
Would the current kitchen be suitable for catering if attracting more guests? Or would it be better remaining for owners only -given that they have their own kitchens in their renovated apartments.
Why are only part works of the patio completed as opposed to the dangerous steps and wall? If that fell on a guest would their insurance cover it?
Why is a spode toilet downstairs an essential?

No-one but absolutely no-one genuinely overtaken by a moment of grief decides to film themselves. Have you no shame Fanny? Actually, you really don't need to answer that.
Disgusting! Also wondering round in a place of worship half dressed. I don't know why I feel so strongly about this, but it really irks me that she milks misery and dress for profit.

I agree Gibson, we had a very talented Polish handyman, he was so much better than the English ones we used 😂

Stephanie has got money to waste on shipping costs. If my family could have afforded to have a toilet shipped over from Ireland, no matter what state it was in, I know they would have done. Bunch of nutcases.( I mean my family as well as SJ)
A few in my family as well. Although they shipped things on a smaller scale. Mouth organ, scarf,pipes, brewers yeast!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Not tooting my own horn but I'm exceedingly observant. Something is *absolutely amiss*. I would not be surprised if when renovation work is completed that certain co-owners will be selling (pretending) their share. I can see the Chatelaine using this ploy to ask patrons and others to raise funds to buy them out and save her beloved lala lande. 🎯

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
As always the Queen is too obsessed with her wants and needs.
Going from chateau to chateau not only pisses her Patreons off, it throws her Shitoo into such a bad light. The places she visits have beautifully kept gardens, clean rooms and Sometimes more tasteful decor.
Of course SHE will not take any blame for her place being a ramshackle dumping ground.
She will blame it on Ian, Selmar, Marie....

If Potty and Nic are part owners THEY should be there a 3rd of the time each also to manage the restoration too.

But I think they are afraid of SJ.
When they discussed Nutti's new apartment facade it seemed they had to tiptoe around SJ and HER plans and wants for the windows and balconies over more the more sensible design that Potty suggested.
They seemed afraid to throw her into a manic tantrum.
She is used to getting her way in life and has used her looks to get it. Has worked for my sister for 60 years!!
Once the "Queen" always the "Queen"!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can see our Chatelaine with her high heels, her flowery too long dresses and her flashy yellow padded shoulders jacket in a Potatoes Festival in the very rural Crozon-sur-Vauvres (or in the area) in the middle of nowhere surounded by all these French peasants ! OMG 😂
I’d watch that!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
And of course her whipping boy will NEVER stand up to her!

Reactions: 3
I’d watch that!
You are right! She will wear that YELLOW blazer but with another shirt under it PRETENDING to be a dress with those hooker, gold shoes that she erroneously wore to the midsummer afternoon party.
Those shoes should only be worn at Studio 54. SJ and Phyllis would have LOVED that place and fit right in. PARTAAAAAAY!!!!!!

This camera setup sucks so much 🤦‍♀️
I love Dan's videos but wanted to puke when he included these 2 in his video. WHYYYYYYYYY??????

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The sad thing is that she has created more than one monster and will likely go on creating monsters because her ‘loving’ family and ´friends’ refuse to intervene. Never has there been a more toxic environment in a place that is supposed to be about life, love and laughter. She’s not the only one to blame, though.
That can't be any truer! Every chatelaine she visits becomes a scrounger. Her venom is so potent, everyone she touches become like her.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.