The Chateau Diaries #42 Tattlers - Ingloriously Fabulous 15 Guilty As Charged - M15 Agents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really felt it was revealing how Stephanie obviously sees herself as at the level of castle occupant and speaks of the class that would be staff in a distant way. would referring to her classist be appropriate?

edit: fanny granny on the stair lift was gold. too bad she was sans peacock suit riding that thing
Yes, I think classist is part of the whole hierarchy of domination, elitism and narcissistic megalo she asserts and those she attracts assert. Some if not all of them being of the hornswoggled narcisisstic supply/servant nature.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Do you think we could arrange for one of the other chateaux owners to visit LaLande and go round filming it in Stephanie mode but not let her get a word in edgeways? Maybe Vivienne or Sarah (from Sarah & George) could do it; it would have to be someone confident who could dominate. I would love to see them describing all SJ's belongings. "We should point out that Stephanie has only been living here for 16 years and so has not had time to achieve very much in the way of renovation but she assures us that a lot of work is in progress at the moment." "We are now in the chatelaine's boudoir. This chandelier is an example of Murano's kitsch design phase and is unlike;y to be found in any other chateaux." "Now, let's look at some of Derek Jarvis's striking paintings which are just parfect against the de Gournay wallpaper. Now, in this one, we have a young blonde woman with bare breasts and bottom, she appears to be riding on the back of a sheep; she looks remarkably like ..(snorting from the cameraman)." Now, we are in the cellar of La Lande which, unlike many other chateaux cellars, appears to contain a lot of bats, rather than wine." "What a lovely chapel, we have seen some photographs showing that, nowadays, the chapel is used for parties and modelling purposes". "Lovely view out of the window to where there was once a lake; sadly it's not there any more but you can just glimpse a rather impressive camper van in the forest." "Now, we are up in the attic where there are rails of party costumes and here's a rather striking bright yellow polyester ball gown which was designed for the presenter of the Miss World TV show when the contest was held in South Africa." "The impressive gardens have embraced some new ideas such as growing pumpkins among the roses and tomatoes round the fountain which, interestingly also contains an inflatable pink flamingo." "What an interesting chateau, Stephanie, a really eclectic mixture of styles and taste, it's parfectly unique. Can we stay an extra night so we can go shopping in your famous brocante?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I watched a few minutes of CD last night.. For the life of me, I can't figure out why I binge watched or found them entertaining. Arrested development, narcissistic behavior and boatloads of gilded smelly secondhand furniture. Can anyone recommend something fabulously entertaining ?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I should say I'm looking forward it for Dan's coverage, not Fanny's, it could be very illuminating given a few of his excellent comments on his daily vlogs so far.
[/QUOTE]

Dan still cracks me up, he although on the grift wagon still can make fun of himself. And if we measure the worth of the grift by the put out ( not him leaving his fly open often ) but the number of videos. So I am looking forward to his rendition of another tacky taco night party!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Do you think we could arrange for one of the other chateaux owners to visit LaLande and go round filming it in Stephanie mode but not let her get a word in edgeways? Maybe Vivienne or Sarah (from Sarah & George) could do it; it would have to be someone confident who could dominate. I would love to see them describing all SJ's belongings. "We should point out that Stephanie has only been living here for 16 years and so has not had time to achieve very much in the way of renovation but she assures us that a lot of work is in progress at the moment." "We are now in the chatelaine's boudoir. This chandelier is an example of Murano's kitsch design phase and is unlike;y to be found in any other chateaux." "Now, let's look at some of Derek Jarvis's striking paintings which are just parfect against the de Gournay wallpaper. Now, in this one, we have a young blonde woman with bare breasts and bottom, she appears to be riding on the back of a sheep; she looks remarkably like ..(snorting from the cameraman)." Now, we are in the cellar of La Lande which, unlike many other chateaux cellars, appears to contain a lot of bats, rather than wine." "What a lovely chapel, we have seen some photographs showing that, nowadays, the chapel is used for parties and modelling purposes". "Lovely view out of the window to where there was once a lake; sadly it's not there any more but you can just glimpse a rather impressive camper van in the forest." "Now, we are up in the attic where there are rails of party costumes and here's a rather striking bright yellow polyester ball gown which was designed for the presenter of the Miss World TV show when the contest was held in South Africa." "The impressive gardens have embraced some new ideas such as growing pumpkins among the roses and tomatoes round the fountain which, interestingly also contains an inflatable pink flamingo." "What an interesting chateau, Stephanie, a really eclectic mixture of styles and taste, it's parfectly unique. Can we stay an extra night so we can go shopping in your famous brocante?"
Thankyou Espe I had the best laugh ever .......but you forgot the kitchen!!! ......OMG what would you have said there !!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Vlog : FROM THE GRAND RECEPTION ROOMS TO THE SERVANTS' CELLAR AT CASTLE TEN BERGHE!
Ouch :oops:
LL vlog comment 20 06.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Vlog : FROM THE GRAND RECEPTION ROOMS TO THE SERVANTS' CELLAR AT CASTLE TEN BERGHE!
View attachment 626817
That is just bonkers. I was just writing a post about liking this video because the owner is connected to the building's history. She didn't inherit it, that is true. She just used her inheritance to buy the place. How else would someone be able to buy a chateau when they have never had a real job if not with other people's money?

Reactions: 9
I've been following Castle ten Berghe for a little over a year and I kind of had no idea it was this cool. She was definitely a little more breathless than usual, but Amaury is pretty hot, and kind of a slow talker when he's speaking English. Stephanie has a habit of filling all silences with slow talkers. Probably she should shush and let them think of the words for a sec. Did he not know who was in most of the paintings? Anyway. I enjoyed the hell out of that tour and I can't wait to see more of it.

View attachment 626817
"Golden DNA winners" :ROFLMAO: Good point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I've been following Castle ten Berghe for a little over a year and I kind of had no idea it was this cool. She was definitely a little more breathless than usual, but Amaury is pretty hot, and kind of a slow talker when he's speaking English. Stephanie has a habit of filling all silences with slow talkers. Probably she should shush and let them think of the words for a sec. Did he not know who was in most of the paintings? Anyway. I enjoyed the hell out of that tour and I can't wait to see more of it.
"Golden DNA winners" :ROFLMAO: Good point.
TBH, I quite enjoyed the castle tour. I think the real gems are the great houses/chateaux that are still in the hands of the same families that built them. Amaury may have inherited the chateau, but I think it's noble of him to choose to live in and renovate it even though two previous generations opted out. It's also good of him to be able to tell a bit of his own castle's history in a way SJ isn't and couldn't about Lalande. As for SJ's interview skills....well, she doesn't have any.
😆

SJ should just do more Architectural Digest-style house tours instead and let the owners speak for themselves. Her responses and reactions are so limited to: "Wow!", "Paarrfact," "Beautiful," "Stunning," "OH! Lovely!," and "Just like what we have at Lalande."

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't imagine Mummy would approve.
Mummy didn’t approve of a lot of the others either (Mason comes to mind, IJ really wasn’t amused when SJ started dating him) but SJ couldn’t care less. Her whole relationship with her mother, acting as if they are so close and friendly, is based on smoke and mirrors and keeping up appearances. IJ will be vocal about any boyfriend SJ choses, as long as it’s not true royalty.

or his own mother for that matter
Wasn’t his mother the one who encouraged him to go to the shitshow in the first place? She must be delighted with the outcome of her scheme.

• Heart
TBH, I quite enjoyed the castle tour. I think the real gems are the great houses/chateaux that are still in the hands of the same families that built them. Amaury may have inherited the chateau, but I think it's noble of him to choose to live in and renovate it even though two previous generations opted out. It's also good of him to be able to tell a bit of his own castle's history in a way SJ isn't and couldn't about Lalande. As for SJ's interview skills....well, she doesn't have any.
😆

SJ should just do more Architectural Digest-style house tours instead and let the owners speak for themselves. Her responses and reactions are so limited to: "Wow!", "Paarrfact," "Beautiful," "Stunning," "OH! Lovely!," and "Just like what we have at Lalande."

I think people are inviting her (or tolerating her, who knows) because they have even less presentation skills, and she's good with people like that. She does small talk well, she can conversationally describe a piece of art and Amaury has a bunch of wood cutting videos and dragging his kids through the snow on the driveway with the golf cart. He's not as impressed by his castle as she is and I appreciate her enthusiasm. Plus he gave her the room with the chapel in the bathroom. Probably reads here. I hope they do more with their channel because I like it.

Reactions: 9
a cussion and a laptop doesnt prove anything
Maybe they don’t prove it it by themselves, but all these little signs and signals together are pretty telling. Like I said, the only thing I don’t get is what they stand to gain by hiding their real relationship however deep the bonding goes... As we all know SJ doesn’t do anything if theirs not a personal profit involved. So is she worried she will lose patrons if the truth comes out? Is she suddenly very private about her own life after putting everyone else online in detail?

BTW, has she even told her patrons the reason why she was hospitalized a few months ago?
This pisses me of too! She has no problem sharing other tit show characters’ private lives, doesn’t care that everyone who visits the HMN now becomes a suspect, complicit to her crimes, she uses bits and pieces of her own private life as they come and go to lure more money in from people who either feel sorry for her or want to become her bff, yet she never reveals the bigger picture about what’s going on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
😆

Loved the video about Glin Castle. That is how to conduct a tour. So fascinating. Stephanie could learn a lot from Catherine's guiding technique, very natural and concentrating on the interesting parts of the house's history. I'm a tour guide, volunteering for a National Trust property. It's important to keep your guests interested with the occasional anecdote. You can see people's eyes glazing over, if you just talk about the antiques. It's good to have a ghost story, an eccentric previous owner, scandal etc to keep your guests entertained . Stephanie, as someone pointed out, just regurgitates what she's found in Google. She ought to let the owners lead more, they know the place better than her, and have all the fun stories too, if she'd let them get a word in edgeways. Be a good guest Stephanie, and let those who know lead the tour! I know that not all owners are confident with their presentation skills, but Stephanie needs to improve hers with more anecdotes.

• Heart
Loved the video about Glin Castle. That is how to conduct a tour. So fascinating. Stephanie could learn a lot from Catherine's guiding technique, very natural and concentrating on the interesting parts of the house's history. I'm a tour guide, volunteering for a National Trust property. It's important to keep your guests interested with the occasional anecdote. You can see people's eyes glazing over, if you just talk about the antiques. It's good to have a ghost story, an eccentric previous owner, scandal etc to keep your guests entertained . Stephanie, as someone pointed out, just regurgitates what she's found in Google. She ought to let the owners lead more, they know the place better than her, and have all the fun stories too, if she'd let them get a word in edgeways. Be a good guest Stephanie, and let those who know lead the tour! I know that not all owners are confident with their presentation skills, but Stephanie needs to improve hers with more anecdotes.
Thank you for your input, you are so right. I didn't think about those aspects. I love the old ghost story etc parts. Everyone loves a ghost story and scandel. Stef needed to be quiet and let the man speak! Here's a few professional tips: where what when why how

Aubry, When did you move back to the caste? Why did you move back into the family castle? How do you maintain it? What has been the most challenging?

Also, shut the duck up!! You need to nod, to keep the conversation going. Don't talk about yourself or your stupid tiny hunting lodge.

But as someone else said, she was in her manic state!

@Marquis de Potpourri totally agree about Architectural Digest-style house tour ... put then SJ won't be front and centre! Seriously though, she was in a manic state, her laughing was off the scales.

Reactions: 16
When Stephanie is interviewing Vivienne in her latest video, you can see Steve waiting in the background, unfolding his napkin, placing it on his knees, playing with the cutlery, waiting, making signs to the others that he wants to have his glas filled too, drinking, waiting for a sign from the hostess to start the meal. SJ really has no manners. Food was on the table, people wanting to eat and she starts her interview. All the Lalas are waiting because they are good-mannered people.
In addition, she said the cheese platter "took so long" to do, even before their arguing and stabbing. People there must be starved. Guests should show up with their own food and eat in their rooms before coming to lunch or dinner, so they don't go hungry while waiting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
for me it sounds rather they did that for the camera. to give their superfans something to laugh and discuss about.

You know how proudly those fans feel when they can interact or educate their idols. Makes them feel being important in the comments.
Watch the vlog (this scene is at the beginning of the video). They're not playing with the viewers (for once). Billy is extremely serious.
And if it was really a joke, they missed the point : nobody in their fans thought they were playing a game.

Reactions: 3
Thank you for your input, you are so right. I didn't think about those aspects. I love the old ghost story etc parts. Everyone loves a ghost story and scandel. Stef needed to be quiet and let the man speak! Here's a few professional tips: where what when why how

Aubry, When did you move back to the caste? Why did you move back into the family castle? How do you maintain it? What has been the most challenging?

Also, shut the duck up!! You need to nod, to keep the conversation going. Don't talk about yourself or your stupid tiny hunting lodge.

But as someone else said, she was in her manic state!

@Marquis de Potpourri totally agree about Architectural Digest-style house tour ... put then SJ won't be front and centre! Seriously though, she was in a manic state, her laughing was off the scales.
This was one of the most interesting of the chateau tours so far, also a very enjoyable vlog. The castle is fascinating. I think Ameury wanted to say a lot more, but as you rightly pointed out, Stephanie was rather manic. She has a sense of fun, which is lovely, but she can take over and become very giddy. I'm glad she wasn't on one of my tours!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This was one of the most interesting of the chateau tours so far, also a very enjoyable vlog. The castle is fascinating. I think Ameury wanted to say a lot more, but as you rightly pointed out, Stephanie was rather manic. She has a sense of fun, which is lovely, but she can take over and become very giddy. I'm glad she wasn't on one of my tours!
You are right about guided tours. I too volunteer at a historic house (not Nat Trust). It would drive me insane if one of the visitors kept interrupting like SJ. If it did happen (with a person like SJ) I would probably clam up, politely waiting for them to finish their part of the ‘tour’. It would ruin the tour as so much would be missed because of the constant interruptions.
The problem is that the owner wants to give the proper history, anecdotal stories associated with the paintings, furniture and fixtures in the room, but after SJ gives her twenty minutes of nonsense they are too polite to correct her or add further comments. So much is missed because SJ cannot keep her mouth shut and learn form the real experts!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.