The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more south you get the "hotter" the man. Flirting is a everyday habit there. Just a geographical thing... 😉
What I meant is : you don't talk about flirting you just do it. Once a third person mentions: are you flirting? ( what SJ did the first time Levan was paying more attention to Kat rather than her) it is spoilt, nothing is going to happen there

Reactions: 6
The more south you get the "hotter" the man. Flirting is a everyday habit there. Just a geographical thing... 😉
What I meant is : you don't talk about flirting you just do it. Once a third person mentions: are you flirting? ( what SJ did the first time Levan was paying more attention to Kat rather than her) it is spoilt, nothing is going to happen there
this is very interesting, I missed SJ asking him oooo,
as you said - it is spoiled and often on purpose ;)

about "hotter" ppl I know, they do it and normally no one thinks anything of it, but if you are trained well, you can spot the real chemistry easily,
my observation was that there was a chemistry but more for one time hanky panky,

what I struggle with is Spanish touching everyone, that is to me a mystery, I even asked once, how do they know if this is a signal to do the dirty/be longterm or just friends, I am well aware of American dating system and that is another (funny) story but not sure about anglo/saxon, if I make you a cuppa - what would that mean? that I am flirting?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
I have no idea what's going on on here at the moment! Please don't leave anyone 🙏

Anyway I have enjoyed seeing the progress on Dan and Annalise's kitchen this week (they did a two parter on Sunday and Monday). I know she mentioned several times that Dan had done it all himself (and laboured the point a bit) but my god he's a hard worker! I cannot wait to see the finished result.

Also I've mentioned this on here before but no-one else seemed interested so I'm going to mention it again in the hope that one or two of our newer contributors noticed it. When I was watching the bread oven cookery thing on Sunday it reminded me of when "celebrity" ex TV chef Mike Robinson stayed at the chateau with his wife Claude. He cropped up in a couple of episodes and then SJ and Marie went to Stratford upon Avon to visit his pub and stay with him. Anyway I just found him so annoying and show-offy in every episode he featured in. Was it just me who was irritated by him? Here is an episode he was in - he comes in at around 12 minutes. I assume the only way Stephanie knows so much about him and his TV background and michelin star etc is because he informed her of all his achievements over dinner..............

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Im with a couple of others here about the change in this forum and saying cheerio. There are also some on here that seem to pipe up with a lot of self importance but throw teddy out of the pram when they are challenged. The forum originated from what I can tell because of those of us that liked to watch Chateau Diaries but had ‘queries’ and were above the saccharine gushing of the superfans. This gave us a chance to mull it over among similar minds.

@Hemerocallis- I suspect they’ve gravitated over here.....
I agree, a very mischievous influence arrived here. like the moderator rules state do not reply to there comments . Don’t leave that’s there aim!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
@Raspberrybrulee I’ve just watched the second part of Dan and Annalise vlog. Really impressed with how much he‘s getting done and ON HIS OWN! Poor bloke looks like it though... Its so nice to see how all their neighbours are happy to help so they must have a good relationship with them. I know Ive commented on the untidiness of their plot in the past but we don’t know what it was like before they moved in. At least they’ve taken on the renovation so it must be a relief for their neighbours that it won’t be a derelict heap for very long. Just shows what can be achieved when you’ve a Christmas deadline 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@Raspberrybrulee I’ve just watched the second part of Dan and Annalise vlog. Really impressed with how much he‘s getting done and ON HIS OWN! Poor bloke looks like it though... Its so nice to see how all their neighbours are happy to help so they must have a good relationship with them. I know Ive commented on the untidiness of their plot in the past but we don’t know what it was like before they moved in. At least they’ve taken on the renovation so it must be a relief for their neighbours that it won’t be a derelict heap for very long. Just shows what can be achieved when you’ve a Christmas deadline 😉
Dan is one very hardworking guy, I hope it comes together for Christmas if that’s possible . Also nice to see there french neighbours mucking in to help, not camera shy!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There was one further episode following MP’s collection by a rather sour Ma Petherick. On that occasion he was with Ryan and Benjamin the film student. And then he disappeared into a puff of smoke.
And who was the guy with the pink hair called Danni who was at the back of the room in the cocktail tray episode. He also appeared with Michael in an eagle eye episode at mont st michel but wasn’t introduced to anyone. He was in the back of Ryan’s car in the dark???? Michaels friend! There was a cheeky comment from the eagle eye bloke about putting things in mouths 😱

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi all, it's not gone unnoticed that a few here have joined to try and disrupt.

Our rules are pretty simple and explained here https://tattle.life/threads/the-rules-of-tattle.10944/

But basically it's against the rules to police what others say (for everyone's sake) as that gets a mess. Either report, keep scrolling or ignore the user. If you want to leave it's against the rules to flounce, as it only disrupts the thread and is exactly what the influencers want.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Since Billy has lost weight his looks are quite mouth watering😍
Billy is actually handsome and I hadn't noticed before this video. Maybe because he's seated next to the most repugnant condescending creep I have ever voluntarily watched. Billy, if you're reading this; it's a terrible idea. Go alone. Take one of those cute dogs with you.

Since losing weight Billy is looking scrumptious 😊 I agree. I have lost all interest in Phil and Angelina with their big begging bowl so bypass them now. I just dont know what to think of their new venture but will no doubt watch it as I watch all the others just to see...

• Heart
Reactions: 3
WOW - where has Soll gone. I was replying to her post and now her name isn't even listed to tag.
WTF is happening? as far i can see, in tattle lande we all debate and self moderate (no pun intended this time). We exchange our views and learn from each other. A healthy dose of cynicism cuts through the smoke and mirrors and it has been prompted by the growth of funds responding to the subtle/not so subtle begging, amongst other things.
Again, lets not forget there are greater powers monitoring social media than tattle mods out there.
And if its 'influencers'!! then they can **** off. My mind will walk its own path thank you very much and you will put your back out trying to stop it. Greater powers than you have tried and failed many times. Give yourself a break and go figure somewhere else.

I've wondered about that too. Would explain his swift and subdued exit on that visit, and why Ma Petherick was so thundery when she picked him up.

Also, in his scotch egg vlog when he 'just happened' to have the fortnum & mason hamper right in front of him and was explaining a-gain (begging) about how much he loves their tea, he said "I can't drink at the moment" - quickly corrected himself and said, I mean, I don't want to drink alone so I'm drinking a lot of tea. Hmmm. Alone, in a chateau with several other adults????
I've thought that about MP for a long time. The one thing we can't hide in life, without the celebrity sunglasses, is our eyes.
The lad spent 10yrs partying in Manchester and Liverpool. As with the gay (or any) club scene all over the world it is riddled with uppers, downers and all arounders. Look at the Hacienda and Manumission for example. Nowadays there is a whole chemsex scene going on too.
British drinking culture is also deeply entrenched, particularly in modern times, with a binge drinking attitude. If he has a pringles issue with booze (once you pop, you just can't stop) this will cause him to suffer from anxiety and depression. Also, Look at his dads gut, he is a big boozer as well. You can tell by the shape of it that it is not all food related.
British working class - life revolves around the pub.
British middle class - life revolves around wine and dinner parties.
British upper class - full of drugs, orgies, murder and mayhem but people are still socially accepted within those circles rather than being marginalised. The amount of heroin/opium use amongst the upper classes is part of their history and still continues to be so. Look at Hans Rausing for example or the 1920's Happy Valley crowd in Kenya.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I have no idea what's going on on here at the moment! Please don't leave anyone 🙏

Anyway I have enjoyed seeing the progress on Dan and Annalise's kitchen this week (they did a two parter on Sunday and Monday). I know she mentioned several times that Dan had done it all himself (and laboured the point a bit) but my god he's a hard worker! I cannot wait to see the finished result.

Also I've mentioned this on here before but no-one else seemed interested so I'm going to mention it again in the hope that one or two of our newer contributors noticed it. When I was watching the bread oven cookery thing on Sunday it reminded me of when "celebrity" ex TV chef Mike Robinson stayed at the chateau with his wife Claude. He cropped up in a couple of episodes and then SJ and Marie went to Stratford upon Avon to visit his pub and stay with him. Anyway I just found him so annoying and show-offy in every episode he featured in. Was it just me who was irritated by him? Here is an episode he was in - he comes in at around 12 minutes. I assume the only way Stephanie knows so much about him and his TV background and michelin star etc is because he informed her of all his achievements over dinner..............

these vlogs were so carefree back then, no?

Reactions: 5
He didn't start let alone finish the item of clothing he was going to make with the very expensive high quality silk fabric SJ gave him.
SJ hasn't shown the painting of her as the lady with the unicorn so presumably he hasn't finished that either.
He didn't take the yellow wool and create something for SJ whilst she knitted him a cushion cover when on holiday with Mason.
I do seriously think he was the one found flat out after letting themselves into the alcohol room (omg, where did i get that info from, unless it was just made up to be salacious about Tomaz)

Me too. I'm very attached to all my unstylish bits and bobs for that very reason. Have even had dreams freaking out that a particular item has gone. Its ok pyschobabblers I do realise that this is because of great losses at a young age.

Expensive taste. Wanting to express 19c eclectic bohemian. Very much a magpie coveter.

You are only as strong as your network 😉

@66carola @Calvignac 'Must be Latins / Slavic versus Anglo-Saxons 😂'
Definitely a cultural difference. Have you met British men 😂

😂 😂 :love:

(y):) Me too, eloquent wit from our Londinium fellow tattler

Empty vessels makes the most noise

If he had any sense he would target the pink pound as well.
Nope, 'DIY men' or women - not happening - he doesn't know what he is doing and is too arrogant to admit it and show his learning curve as the journey.

Standard GCSE art drawing from a photo using the grid method. Lacking in a personal developed drawing style / ability, no depth of tone or expression. Probably got a piece in the museum in the community room.

And ... SJ mocks MarieW too much. The boxes MW bought for her floral 'studio' from Emmaus for example.
@Viva La Loca 😂 Museum Community room .... or the Gift Shop where items of questionable taste frequently hang out .
Stephanie couldn’t take her eyes off the portrait itself. She was silent for a while as she gazed in faux-awe before & gathering her thoughts.....which of course were ”Let’s frame it !” 😂

I’m astounded at SJ’s continued supreme acting abilities in Gift Grabbers. Honestly. how she remains straight-faced at some of that tatt is simply beyond me.

In the unlikely event it all goes wrong at Lalande, that girl has a brilliant career ahead of her on the stage.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And who was the guy with the pink hair called Danni who was at the back of the room in the cocktail tray episode. He also appeared with Michael in an eagle eye episode at mont st michel but wasn’t introduced to anyone. He was in the back of Ryan’s car in the dark???? Michaels friend! There was a cheeky comment from the eagle eye bloke about putting things in mouths 😱
Isn't that his cameraman, the film student?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
these vlogs were so carefree back then, no?
I recall you saying this - apologies for not replying because I too found him
Obnoxious.... so smug & full of himself . That sort of man is loathesome & usually needs a passive, stay behind the scenes woman beside him - one that doesn’t share his limelight and who can worship at his alter. Indeed, Please refer to the quiet, barely noticeable Claude ....

Stephanie and Marie had a ton of food and Old Fashioneds at his restaurant and yes, those were the days, when TCD had such free-range charm. I loved SJ forgetting her coat - and even her hairbrush. And Marie used to smile and never sulk.

Reactions: 6
@Viva La Loca 😂 Museum Community room .... or the Gift Shop where items of questionable taste frequently hang out .
Stephanie couldn’t take her eyes off the portrait itself. She was silent for a while as she gazed in faux-awe before & gathering her thoughts.....which of course were ”Let’s frame it !” 😂

I’m astounded at SJ’s continued supreme acting abilities in Gift Grabbers. Honestly. how she remains straight-faced at some of that tatt is simply beyond me.

In the unlikely event it all goes wrong at Lalande, that girl has a brilliant career ahead of her on the stage.
I really think our comments are fed back to Steph. Did you hear her say.....I know people make fun of me for saying this.. (of something along those lines.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.