The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it is not that I don't like it, it is fun in a way, I just don't get the esthetic of it
its like a puzzle, I am trying to find some predictors and common denominators of what to expect next, or why the previous stuff is there, but so far she buys anything outrageously expensive, collectible, antique (something that would have value if restored - nothing wrong with that) but it just doesn't go together
if you take the pieces and put them in different homes than it would make more sense, some of them you should get rid of altogether (there is a lots of kitsch and I dont mean the gifts)
so far to me it is not design risk (I really wanted itto be) but more like no taste of spoiled girl (it is all brands all value some memorabilia - we bought it somewhere with my father... but no coherence or style)

this brings me to the thought since she has home in London and one in SA, she still might restore the manor till she finds a baron, till the patreon money flows, till the naive volunteers put the work in, then sell it and make a serious buck on it as was the original plan
Which interior designers do you admire?
What are your cultural reference points for interior design?

I think we probably both agree Stephanie’s style is totally unique to her 😊
Definitely one of Stephanie’s reference points is English eclectic! Hence the occasional hodge podge room 😆

Reactions: 7
I had to unsubscribe from that tacky gift giving channel. It's just too much cringe for me to handle. I still have a hard time believing that Stephanie never got any presents from her mother growing up. She seems to have no problem with gifts from strangers.
this is also some "poor me" BS, her father was showering her with gifts - flat, venitian mirrors, porcelain,
... not like they were divorced 🧚‍♀️ once you get the present from one parent you got it from both

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I have searched and searched in the past and again more recently. There is not a single interior that matches hers. It’s a basement flat I think and has a pink courtyard (Flat B). TV above radiator cover, grey fireplace, yellow door, yellow silk curtains, quirky, colourful. No door to kitchen, white with beech worktops and dark mosaic tiles. Artwork everywhere... Only slightly obsessed 😉 She may have taken it off of course. I would have in her shoes. We won’t be the only ones looking.

That’s probably why she loves them so much!

Some people think Hihellohowr31 is BG...
Thanks, you’re right it is a ground floor flat, she shows the patio in CD #12. Her property backs onto the neighbours - she’s probably near Pentonville road.

Reactions: 4
Poor Michael Trotter. Run out of ideas? Spare me! Very inconvenient when you have ‘patrons’ who are looking for actual content. No wonder he is favoring GoFundMe and BuyMeaCoffee; donations rather than sponsorship. It’s OK though - Ma Petherick to the rescue with an implausible explanation, “concentrating on artwork”.
concentrating on the art work - please spear me
I dont comment on him much bc this is TLOL thread, kind of, but I have some observations pending

I have searched and searched in the past and again more recently. There is not a single interior that matches hers. It’s a basement flat I think and has a pink courtyard (Flat B). TV above radiator cover, grey fireplace, yellow door, yellow silk curtains, quirky, colourful. No door to kitchen, white with beech worktops and dark mosaic tiles. Artwork everywhere... Only slightly obsessed 😉 She may have taken it off of course. I would have in her shoes. We won’t be the only ones looking.
good work Agent! ;) can you post some photos of it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Thanks, you’re right it is a ground floor flat, she shows the patio in CD #12. Her property backs onto the neighbours - this is a big clue for me.
It used to be on AirBnB but was not available for 2020 and 2021(!) some weeks ago. And now it isn't on the site anymore (I can't find it). The house in SA has also been rented with AirBnB (not available too), didn't check if it's still on.
No, didn't find it neither.

I must be losing it! I am sure I read a very nasty post about this thread. Sounded so much like what BG would rant about but when I just went to read it again it was no where to be found. Is this site monitered? Could have been removed. Either that or I am going crazy.
was that post here? the one about how SJ doesnt have to have kids and how we are armchair diagnosing her? the long post fro Kathy something?

My feeling is that the Oxford set are her friends.Everything else is fluid.
I think they do have a say,as they are co owners.Which affects some plans,is MP, situation.
the exes / coowners + somehow Olivier who has semi crush on her are as you say her friends - but at the end of the day they are not, she just knows them best and they are well connected themselves

the rest is here to be used either now or later, she collects people as someone mention, they all will come at handy at some point, especially barons, restaurant owners and alike, the rest she uses for what they are worth and then let then go (they basically never return like MP)

I am really learning here, I will one day make a list on how to social engineer like a pro

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Must be a cultural difference. 😉
Because I always read comments here or on YouTube about flirting at Lalande, especially when there are new men around (goat farmer, Georgian cook, and others I don't remember the names just now).
And each time for me, it's just not flirting but normal relationships between men and women.
Must be Latins / Slavic versus Anglo-Saxons 😂
Also when you talk about flirting it is not really flirting... like in the video before

Thanks, you’re right it is a ground floor flat, she shows the patio in CD #12. Her property backs onto the neighbours - she’s probably near Pentonville road.
btw I checked the CD#13 and there is Ruth - which I believe is the same Ruth Potty is dating now? I wonder if they knew each other before she dated Potty, it would mean that he basically lives with SJ's bestie now - a bit awkward but not unusual

Reactions: 1
who is LOTL actually? BG or SJ?
Lady of the lost Lake... Therefor SJ

btw I checked the CD#13 and there is Ruth - which I believe is the same Ruth Potty is dating now? I wonder if they knew each other before she dated Potty, it would mean that he basically lives with SJ's bestie now - a bit awkward but not unusual
Yes, R. met him through SJ

• Heart
Which interior designers do you admire?
What are your cultural reference points for interior design?

I think we probably both agree Stephanie’s style is totally unique to her 😊
Definitely one of Stephanie’s reference points is English eclectic! Hence the occasional hodge podge room 😆
for me, I can either go by design school (more architecture), even stagers, I love hotel designers especially in Dubai they can go wild
but with normal people I am looking for their personality something deeper from inside which transfers onto their living space - I didnt lost hope with SJ, I just wonder at times if her taste is a reflection of her borderline kitsch love or is it a business decision to hoarder everything with the most expensive price tag

@sandro37 It was a long post yesterday against posters here who dared say what they thought about SJ and her volunteers. It was a very negative post against the tattlers on this thread.
The post has disappeared, deleted by the poster or removed by Tattle ? 🤔
The poster is one of those who seem to think (from the beginning of this forum) that this is another fan page.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
There was one further episode following MP’s collection by a rather sour Ma Petherick. On that occasion he was with Ryan and Benjamin the film student. And then he disappeared into a puff of smoke.

@sandro37 It was a long post yesterday against posters here who dared say what they thought about SJ and her volunteers. It was a very negative post against the tattlers on this thread.
The poster is one of those who seem to think (from the beginning of this forum) that this is another fan page.
Not sure how I missed that! I was checking back frequently yesterday. Clearly needed a tattle fix...

this is also some "poor me" BS, her father was showering her with gifts - flat, venitian mirrors, porcelain,
... not like they were divorced 🧚‍♀️ once you get the present from one parent you got it from both
That’s so true. Usually, in Ye Olden Days - the 60’s / 70’s /80’s (!) present buying was a ‘Mum Task’ but the grateful recipient accepted gift as from BOTH parents. I know a lot of spoilt little rich girls yet though none as over-indulged as the stunning Ms. Stephanie. SJ and father clearly adored each other, but I’ve never seen anything like the booty she received from him: And that is no doubt only SOME of it - the stacks of porcelain, property, massive suites of furniture (she did once say some bedroom items came from BOTH parents) Many of those spoilt rich girls I know, also want to be perceived as ‘poor me’ ... along with everything else they have, they want added attention too - inspite of coming from loving families. Basically they just want EVERYTHING tactile or not 😂

However imo, LOTL does not appear to be ‘Poor Me’ at all .... she seems incredibly appreciative of the constant gifting from her father (also shout-out to her Godmother, Isobel’s sister, who too bestows her with large presents - frequently furniture) Stephanie strikes me as a very sentimental girl, keeping anything that reminds her of someone she loves.

As with many parents, there is usually one who is a disciplinary and another who compensates with a softer touch. This seems to be the case with SJ’s Mana & Papa. I find Isobel rather intimidating & a little brusque at times (look, she’s french as is my mother 😂 ) but good grief, if that was my husband indulging my daughter with those sort of shopping sprees, perhaps I too, would start to disapprove and encourage some restraint.

Imo, the bottom line is this, Stephanie Jarvis must have been a golden-haired, shining angel as a child. She still carries that vibe: Brilliant and beautiful and sunny of nature. I’m sure she’s been adored and indulged since FOREVER by everyone - not only with gifts, but with attention all of her life. Perhaps she feels embarrassed at how much she has (🤔 ....as IF 😂🤣) so plays the ‘Mamon never even gave me a crust of baguette’ card !

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I almost feel sorry for MP, he really does seem so lost in general and this YT success has, I think, made him focus on just short term pointless goals. What happens when, or if, the gardeners cottage is finished? Maybe he plans to go around the place renovating other things for Billy and Gwendoline! Seems a bit of a lonely life for a young single person.
I guess this basement kitchen is next. Or the greenhouse. Each with their own go fund me

That’s so true. Usually, in Ye Olden Days - the 60’s / 70’s /80’s (!) present buying was a ‘Mum Task’ but the grateful recipient accepted gift as from BOTH parents. I know a lot of spoilt little rich girls yet though none as over-indulged as the stunning Ms. Stephanie. SJ and father clearly adored each other, but I’ve never seen anything like the booty she received from him: And that is no doubt only SOME of it - the stacks of porcelain, property, massive suites of furniture (she did once say some bedroom items came from BOTH parents) Many of those spoilt rich girls I know, also want to be perceived as ‘poor me’ ... along with everything else they have, they want added attention too - inspite of coming from loving families. Basically they just want EVERYTHING tactile or not 😂

However imo, LOTL does not appear to be ‘Poor Me’ at all .... she seems incredibly appreciative of the constant gifting from her father (also shout-out to her Godmother, Isobel’s sister, who too bestows her with large presents - frequently furniture) Stephanie strikes me as a very sentimental girl, keeping anything that reminds her of someone she loves.

As with many parents, there is usually one who is a disciplinary and another who compensates with a softer touch. This seems to be the case with SJ’s Mana & Papa. I find Isobel rather intimidating & a little brusque at times (look, she’s french as is my mother 😂 ) but good grief, if that was my husband indulging my daughter with those sort of shopping sprees, perhaps I too, would start to disapprove and encourage some restraint.

Imo, the bottom line is this, Stephanie Jarvis must have been a golden-haired, shining angel as a child. She still carries that vibe: Brilliant and beautiful and sunny of nature. I’m sure she’s been adored and indulged since FOREVER by everyone - not only with gifts, but with attention all of her life. Perhaps she feels embarrassed at how much she has (🤔 ....as IF 😂🤣) so plays the ‘Mamon never even gave me a crust of baguette’ card !
And why wouldn't they give her presents? What else to do with the money? They seemed to have invested well and also to have had a lovely life. All parents work hard to provide for their children.

Reactions: 9
and it started like, oo I came here because I thought it is a fun page - jj it is the one.. it was over the weekend - yes,it got reported :m
I dont think the person who takes time to write half a page negative post in whole sentences etc. would take it down in 2 minutes from posting

The question was asked tonight in the Cadeaux chat. "- Can you please tell which organisations got the donations sofar? " Isabelle and TLOL was online, noone answered
Even i hv been waiting for this. I also asked a few videos back and got no answers. It's been 2 months no news

• Heart
the exes / coowners + somehow Olivier who has semi crush on her are as you say her friends - but at the end of the day they are not, she just knows them best and they
Why do you believe they are not real friends? Whatever you call them if people travel with their partners and friends to see me across Europe I would also think they are my friends. If they buy a chateau with me and come for Xmas anyway. I would be glad to have friends like her. I don't feel she uses them. They are free to decide if they show up in her videos.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.