The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
people, I guess I am from a different world, who in their right mind send the half a ton heavy old AGA stove to England during pandemic????
Somebody who still can't speak French well enough after 5 years to find a company near by. Maybe he thought it is free with amazon prime?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I guess this basement kitchen is next. Or the greenhouse. Each with their own go fund me

And why wouldn't they give her presents? What else to do with the money? They seemed to have invested well and also to have had a lovely life. All parents work hard to provide for their children.
I see that you didnt get the point, the point was that SJ said that she never received anything from her mother ... so I called it out
becuase in fact she did, she is just yet again deep in the rabbit hole

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I see that you didnt get the point, the point was that SJ said that she never received anything from her mother ... so I called it out
I think we've already established earier in the threads that the "no gifts" thing was a bit misunderstood, and that she actually said that as a child she never received birthday presents from her mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
people, I guess I am from a different world, who in their right mind send the half a ton heavy old AGA stove to England during pandemic????
It was only the front section that he sent back the UK (because, you know, nobody in France can repair enamel!). I thought I read somewhere (this thread?) that there are issues with the front too so I guess that will also need to be replaced.

Anyway, I’ve managed to get a special preview of the completed Aga after all the new parts are installed.

3A1E966E-7318-41C3-B6A7-7E6B8444240B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think we've already established earier in the threads that the "no gifts" thing was a bit misunderstood, and that she actually said that as a child she never received birthday presents from her mother.
And Isabelle agreed, saying: ‘I gave you the gift of life’

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Trotter Boy hasn’t come in terms with his mediocrity. His vlog will improve 100% when he drops his facades. That Michael we saw in Lalande a year ago needs to come back. Now he’s too self-aware, too obedient for the non-existent “how to do a perfect YT-video”-rule book that he’s managed to drain all relatability and emotion out of his vlog. Even Pa Trotter seems hilarious and interesting beside him. It’s just a boring documentary of building a gardener’s cottage, he hasn’t filmed anything interesting for a long time. He’s totally forgotten his main audience is middle aged women, he doesn't like this fact, but he hasn't got any street credibility with a younger crowd or DIY men.
👏 and that bit where you say ‘even Pa Trotter seems hilarious and interesting beside him’ ! Im not a watcher of his vlog but tune in occasionally to keep up with the In-The-Know-Crowd here. I was thinking ‘wow Pa Petherick has come out of his shell - what a character !’ but of course it was only in comparison to Michael himself, who has shrunken away. He never shone a bright mega-watt LED like Stephanie, who lets face it, shines so brightly (even with her faults) that she could be seen from outer space, but he did have a little warm glow hidden underneath his awkward, reserved exterior.

It seems as if the power supply has been disconnected within Michael Petherick whereas LOTL could still light up the national grid 💡 💡 💡 💡 💡

It was only the front section that he sent back the UK (because, you know, nobody in France can repair enamel!). I thought I read somewhere (this thread?) that there are issues with the front too so I guess that will also need to be replaced.

Anyway, I’ve managed to get a special preview of the completed Aga after all the new parts are installed.

View attachment 322087
👏👏👏 @ChocLili After all that renovation, you’d never know it wasn’t the original . Not

No he's married with a very beautiful woman and they have two children.
Indeed @Calvignac. His wife is stunningly beautiful. She is also very composed and ladylike in her manner. Not like an over-excited Labrador puppy (who we love of course), rather more an elegant thoroughbred 🐎

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

btw did you notice, that this is the way he is restoring the cottage - he says that he will keep everything and restore everything and hups, suddenly everything had to be replaced because it had some irreparable fault to it, in other words, was worse either in quality or aesthetic (other than the front door, he refurbished only the floor tiles so far) I am secretly waiting what fault will the stairs have ;)

Reactions: 7
I think Steph says most of the time that her parents or my father bought this for me. Probably the gifts were driven by her father and her mother just went along with them. No effort needed on Isabelle's part.

Reactions: 5
I been trying to work out what happened. But yes no longer happening!
He didn't start let alone finish the item of clothing he was going to make with the very expensive high quality silk fabric SJ gave him.
SJ hasn't shown the painting of her as the lady with the unicorn so presumably he hasn't finished that either.
He didn't take the yellow wool and create something for SJ whilst she knitted him a cushion cover when on holiday with Mason.
I do seriously think he was the one found flat out after letting themselves into the alcohol room (omg, where did i get that info from, unless it was just made up to be salacious about Tomaz)

Stephanie strikes me as a very sentimental girl, keeping anything that reminds her of someone she loves.
Me too. I'm very attached to all my unstylish bits and bobs for that very reason. Have even had dreams freaking out that a particular item has gone. Its ok pyschobabblers I do realise that this is because of great losses at a young age.

I just wonder at times if her taste is a reflection of her borderline kitsch love or is it a business decision to hoarder everything with the most expensive price tag
Expensive taste. Wanting to express 19c eclectic bohemian. Very much a magpie coveter.

the exes / coowners + somehow Olivier who has semi crush on her are as you say her friends - but at the end of the day they are not, she just knows them best and they are well connected themselves
the rest is here to be used either now or later, she collects people as someone mention, they all will come at handy at some point, especially barons, restaurant owners and alike, the rest she uses for what they are worth and then let then go (they basically never return like MP)
You are only as strong as your network 😉

@66carola @Calvignac 'Must be Latins / Slavic versus Anglo-Saxons 😂'
Definitely a cultural difference. Have you met British men 😂

The HOT Georgian Chef could have self-combusted ! He was almost SCORCHING 🥵
😂 😂 :love:

@Heathcliffe Superb analogy. Tragic Flaw 🙇‍♀️
and everything else you said. Love your perspective & articulate wit :)
(y):) Me too, eloquent wit from our Londinium fellow tattler

For him to outright admit that he has no ideas for content is confirmation of what I have known all along.

Everything that comes out his mouth his absolute horse-tit - all the times he's made up some bogus "factoid" on the spot to try and sound knowledgeable and pseudo intellectual always had me in fits of laughter at his ridiculousness.

Never has there been a better example of "The Emperor's New Clothes".

Begging Boy has finally been revealed for what he is - a boring, lazy, one dimensional, one trick pony.

An empty vessel.
Empty vessels makes the most noise

but he hasn't got any street credibility with a younger crowd or DIY men.
If he had any sense he would target the pink pound as well.
Nope, 'DIY men' or women - not happening - he doesn't know what he is doing and is too arrogant to admit it and show his learning curve as the journey.

Attached the said portraits 🤭
Standard GCSE art drawing from a photo using the grid method. Lacking in a personal developed drawing style / ability, no depth of tone or expression. Probably got a piece in the museum in the community room.

And ... SJ mocks MarieW too much. The boxes MW bought for her floral 'studio' from Emmaus for example.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
'Must be Latins / Slavic versus Anglo-Saxons 😂' Definitely a cultural difference. Have you met British men 😂
can you elaborate on the said cultural difference, please

btw as for bohemian eclectic, I wasn't sure if this could be it, I would expect a lot of random stuff but from the travels (colonies) like Africa India including Chinese cabinets and alike, not 5 of the same Venetian mirror

Last edited:
In addition to the above post ..

Magpie coveter: I distinctly remember SJ using the phrase 'i will / would like to "steal" that from you' - can't remember who to, what it was in relation to or which vlog it was in but she definitely said it.

@Heathcliffe Any you are Giordano Bruno by any chance on youtube comments 😂 on last years advent vlogs GB said MP was smarmy and creepy. Poor guy got slated by all the fakebook fans.

can you elaborate on the said cultural difference, please

btw as for bohemian eclectic, I wasn't sure if this could be it, I would expect a lot of random stuff but from the travels (colonies) like Africa India including Chinese cabinets and alike, not 5 of the same Venetian mirror
Do you mind we are British. A good cup of tea is far more preferable than an expression of sexuality 😂

She probably got them on sale as job lot or was bought for her. She sure does like Venetian glass and styling. Her style is just what she likes rather than a curated interior design.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Stephanie & Kate own a beach house !
Screenshot (580).png

Explains the "To the beach"-excursions of Selmar perhaps 😉.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I do seriously think he was the one found flat out after letting themselves into the alcohol room
I've wondered about that too. Would explain his swift and subdued exit on that visit, and why Ma Petherick was so thundery when she picked him up.

Also, in his scotch egg vlog when he 'just happened' to have the fortnum & mason hamper right in front of him and was explaining a-gain (begging) about how much he loves their tea, he said "I can't drink at the moment" - quickly corrected himself and said, I mean, I don't want to drink alone so I'm drinking a lot of tea. Hmmm. Alone, in a chateau with several other adults????

Reactions: 9

View attachment 322087
You are always so funny 😂😂 maybe Michael doesn't get more videos done because he is busy reading tattle? Even if we gossip about them it must be sure more fun for them to read here than all the "amazing" comments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've wondered about that too. Would explain his swift and subdued exit on that visit, and why Ma Petherick was so thundery when she picked him up.

Also, in his scotch egg vlog when he 'just happened' to have the fortnum & mason hamper right in front of him and was explaining a-gain (begging) about how much he loves their tea, he said "I can't drink at the moment" - quickly corrected himself and said, I mean, I don't want to drink alone so I'm drinking a lot of tea. Hmmm. Alone, in a chateau with several other adults????
Can you remember which episode that was? I don’t remember seeing that.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.