The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I assume the only way Stephanie knows so much about him and his TV background and michelin star etc is because he informed her of all his achievements over dinner..............
Seriously doubt it, he is very well known about in the UK unless you've been living under a rock.

I like the look of Levans restaurant (in a vlog a while back). If I'm ever allowed to go to Amsterdam again I will give him the courtesy of checking it out (gluten and dairy free of course 😂)

@Viva La Loca 😂 Museum Community room .... or the Gift Shop where items of questionable taste frequently hang out .
Stephanie couldn’t take her eyes off the portrait itself. She was silent for a while as she gazed in faux-awe before & gathering her thoughts.....which of course were ”Let’s frame it !” 😂

I’m astounded at SJ’s continued supreme acting abilities in Gift Grabbers. Honestly. how she remains straight-faced at some of that tatt is simply beyond me.

In the unlikely event it all goes wrong at Lalande, that girl has a brilliant career ahead of her on the stage.
😂 😂 😁 Wasn't even joking on that one. You should see some of the stuff people hang as art in museums and galleries when they display as part of a local community artists group.
For sure, her talents lie in the performing arts. Don't know about her ability to move out of the cameo and take on roles. Time could tell.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
WOW - where has Soll gone. I was replying to her post and now her name isn't even listed to tag.
WTF is happening? as far i can see, in tattle lande we all debate and self moderate (no pun intended this time). We exchange our views and learn from each other. A healthy dose of cynicism cuts through the smoke and mirrors and it has been prompted by the growth of funds responding to the subtle/not so subtle begging, amongst other things.
Again, lets not forget there are greater powers monitoring social media than tattle mods out there.
And if its 'influencers'!! then they can **** off. My mind will walk its own path thank you very much and you will put your back out trying to stop it. Greater powers than you have tried and failed many times. Give yourself a break and go figure somewhere else.

I've thought that about MP for a long time. The one thing we can't hide in life, without the celebrity sunglasses, is our eyes.
The lad spent 10yrs partying in Manchester and Liverpool. As with the gay (or any) club scene all over the world it is riddled with uppers, downers and all arounders. Look at the Hacienda and Manumission for example. Nowadays there is a whole chemsex scene going on too.
British drinking culture is also deeply entrenched, particularly in modern times, with a binge drinking attitude. If he has a pringles issue with booze (once you pop, you just can't stop) this will cause him to suffer from anxiety and depression. Also, Look at his dads gut, he is a big boozer as well. You can tell by the shape of it that it is not all food related.
British working class - life revolves around the pub.
British middle class - life revolves around wine and dinner parties.
British upper class - full of drugs, orgies, murder and mayhem but people are still socially accepted within those circles rather than being marginalised. The amount of heroin/opium use amongst the upper classes is part of their history and still continues to be so. Look at Hans Rausing for example or the 1920's Happy Valley crowd in Kenya.
I love this post, I learned something new =] it gives the binge drinking girls into perspective

Reactions: 1
No, it’s Danny, his boyfriend. The film student was Benjamin, with dark hair
And one look at pink haired boy in the back of the car was very telling. I would expect to find him on his knees for a mouthful whilst snorting back whatever he can.

I love this post, I learned something new =] it gives the binge drinking girls into perspective
Oh dear lord, don't get me started on the pathetic laddette culture of the late 1990's. Look at Zoe Ball and Fat Boy Slim for example.

• Haha
No, it’s Danny, his boyfriend. The film student was Benjamin, with dark hair
olalaaaaa I got also confused, I thought that he maybe changed the hair colour, hmm all those middle aged Americans who just realized that by reading here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: so many dreams and Spode porcelain shattered

• Haha
Reactions: 2
@Viva La Loca I don't think he's that well known otherwise surely Stephanie would have recognised him in the first place rather than being surprised to find out he was a chef. I think maybe only older people might know him as his programme was on years ago.

@Viva La Loca I don't think he's that well known otherwise surely Stephanie would have recognised him in the first place rather than being surprised to find out he was a chef. I think maybe only older people might know him as his programme was on years ago.
Therefore Stephanie should know about him. She is 45. I'm only 49 so am in the peer group (and i've never been a big tv watcher at all which my friends have always found a bit odd)

To be fair though lots of things can pass you by depending on your lifestyle / interests and she has been in France since she was 29, but in the world of TV chefs and subsequent books he is very well known about, and is a damn sight better than Delia Smith who started out showing people how to boil an egg!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm British and had never heard of him..he came across as very arrogant and pretentious in the vlogs so maybe that's why his TV career didn't blossom.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
And one look at pink haired boy in the back of the car was very telling. I would expect to find him on his knees for a mouthful whilst snorting back whatever he can.

Oh dear lord, don't get me started on the pathetic laddette culture of the late 1990's. Look at Zoe Ball and Fat Boy Slim for example.
there is only little what surprises me these days but I had no idea about that happy valley nor how you divide the drugs into uppers (there is a whole book about it) etc,

btw laddette culture - this is very much what I was questioning about those miniskirted girls in high heels covered in aluminum foil dead drunk on the pavement in November, it seems to prevail into 2020

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
there is only little what surprise me these days but I had no idea about that happy valley nor how you divide the drugs into uppers (there is a whole book about it) etc,
Just an expression - my mum used to say it about people who took drugs in the 60's/70's. "they were on uppers, downers and all arounders". Maybe its the area I'm from - is well known in this country for being friendly and full of cheeky comedians.

If you are interested there is linkage from the happy valley crowd through to Alexander McQueen. If you saw the links you can also see a reflection of SJ's / Oxford Uni partying ways - is a class system thing.

btw laddette culture - this is very much what I was questioning about those miniskirted girls in high heels covered in aluminum foil dead drunk on the pavement in November, it seems to prevail into 2020
Been going on for years and is shameful. But to be fair when I was working in the US in the late 80's/early90's it was the Americans that had the binge drinking culture and all us Europeans were a bit astounded. Was very macho and very competitive.

Reactions: 1
Just an expression - my mum used to say it about people who took drugs in the 60's/70's. "they were on uppers, downers and all arounders". Maybe its the area I'm from - is well known in this country for being friendly and full of cheeky comedians.

If you are interested there is linkage from the happy valley crowd through to Alexander McQueen. If you saw the links you can also see a reflection of SJ's / Oxford Uni partying ways - is a class system thing.
I am so glad that you are mentioning this, but according to your chart they would fall into middle-class pretenders at best,
A McQueen and his crowd like Annabelle were on another level - most of them are gone

to all fairness, wine/gin parties are very french/ continental thing

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I'm British and had never heard of him..he came across as very arrogant and pretentious in the vlogs so maybe that's why his TV career didn't blossom.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Aren't most TV chefs arrogant and pretentious. Maybe not to start with but they sure do seem to end up that way.

Also, maybe I just have a deep love of cooking and that's why I know of him :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Dan is one very hardworking guy, I hope it comes together for Christmas if that’s possible . Also nice to see there french neighbours mucking in to help, not camera shy!
I rather have him delayed than being stressed out to finish in time. And maybe make a mistakes while hurrying. Lots of nice things happening around Christmas so no hurry we are glad to see the result later.

Reactions: 6
I am so glad that you are mentioning this, but according to your chart they would fall to middle-class pretenders at best,
A McQueen and his crowd like Annabelle were on another level - most of them are gone

to all fairness, wine/gin parties are very french/ continental thing
Oh gosh yes, (and the class categories are just salient). With Oxford uni I meant the likes of the Bullingdon club and whatever else they get up to there.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: They are all flying with the angels thanks to overconsumption. McQ was taken into this crowd by Izzy Blow and its through her family line, her husband Detmar and also Daphne Guinness that there are links back to the happy valley crowd (and beyond)

and that's why its seen as a UK middle class thing - euro influence from the 70's/80's onwards. Its 2020 you would think the lines would be blurred.

I don't like categories but this country is built on them. Grayson Perry made a series of programmes talking about social mobility. Was very interesting as was the artwork he produced in response to this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
@Viva La Loca I have a deep love of cooking too and enjoy many cookery shows but there is something about him that irritates me. He was just so full of himself and talked to the women of the house as though they were idiots and he was there to save the day.

In this episode he's annoying from about 4 minutes 30 seconds in

• Heart
Poor old Michael, I think he seems very down. Sad to read that he has lost two dogs in a short time. I'm a huge pet lover, and that would absolutely devastate me. That, plus lockdown, plus maybe the pressure of having to sparkle for his new fans, must be very hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I really think our comments are fed back to Steph. Did you hear her say.....I know people make fun of me for saying this.. (of something along those lines.
I can imagine she heard about us because Marie or Nati told her. Then she had a quick look and decided not to check in regularly because why would she bother and waste time. She is self confident enough to let it be. She once mentioned that somebody photoshoped her face on a naked body and posted it on Facebook and that she left it for the whole world to see that people can do such things.
Also she knows if some really heavy stuff would go on here the other girls would tell her soon enough.

Poor old Michael, I think he seems very down. Sad to read that he has lost two dogs in a short time. I'm a huge pet lover, and that would absolutely devastate me. That, plus lockdown, plus maybe the pressure of having to sparkle for his new fans, must be very hard.
Yeah, pets are like family members. But he just needs to make a decision to free up time once a week and post something and stick to it. Fans would be happy to see him having breakfast and chat along. Or having a live q@a is not too much trouble. But who knows. Let's see what happens once the cottage is done. Christmas could provide for lots of content but then he might say it is family time and cameras needed to be off.

Seriously doubt it, he is very well known about in the UK unless you've been living under a rock.

I like the look of Levans restaurant (in a vlog a while back). If I'm ever allowed to go to Amsterdam again I will give him the courtesy of checking it out (gluten and dairy free of course 😂)

😂 😂 😁 Wasn't even joking on that one. You should see some of the stuff people hang as art in museums and galleries when they display as part of a local community artists group.
For sure, her talents lie in the performing arts. Don't know about her ability to move out of the cameo and take on roles. Time could tell.
That's why I would love to see her in a opera.l performance. There must be some videos from the times when she was studying. Even as students they have performances

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I can imagine she heard about us because Marie or Nati told her. Then she had a quick look and decided not to check in regularly because why would she bother and waste time. She is self confident enough to let it be. She once mentioned that somebody photoshoped her face on a naked body and posted it on Facebook and that she left it for the whole world to see that people can do such things.
Also she knows if some really heavy stuff would go on here the other girls would tell her soon enough.
the minions are previewing the Cadeaux but the Agent Isabel is filtering here ;)

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.