The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Crikey you’ve all written War and Peace pt2 since I last looked!

Yes the morning wakeups are staged- there is no doubt that someone brings SJ a mug of tea and a biscuit (probably at 12pm) but they are definitely turned around and asked to enter again stage left when all is organised with the camera, microphone, shutters open etc etc.

In the beginning it was much less ‘organised’ but over the last year definitely more thought has gone into what is filmed and how we all see it.
can you imagine bringing your boss a coffee with biscuit every morning to his bed if he was half dressed ... I know that in this case she is just harmless 12 year old, but still your boss!

Perhaps Prince Phillip reminds Stephanie of a young Michael Potts (when they dated) Just look at his hair!!! He is sitting next to "daddy". In front Nic and his sister. Before Youtube waved its magic wand...:coffee::)
He looks more like Nic's sister though 🐩

She is coming across increasingly childlike recently..... with all her "ooh flowers" schtick acting like she's never seen one before, like that time recently she made them stop the car so she could photograph flowers at the side of the road which were completely underwhelming and went on for far too long, and honestly her childlike wonderment on that walk was like she had just arrived on Earth from Mars.

It used to be endearing but sitting there clutching 6 straggly weeds and a mushroom and refusing to put them down to drink her champagne was a bit silly

Can't work out if she is genuinely obsessed with every single leaf and twig she catches sight of, or if its a bit faux "flower hippie" for her brand
I believe she learned from the puppetmaster LOTL who loves every hedgehog, expensive porcelain, Ian, rose, scarf, apron, more in awe they are more people react to it and send it to them (I am taking notes ;))

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
View attachment 315127

(Sorry I’ve got too much time on my hands this morning)
I was so uncontrolably laugling at 2 a.m. when reading all your posts, I should wake up tomorrow and be 16 again,
I cannot help it and I keep reading, people what did you do to me

can you imagine bringing your boss a coffee with a biscuit every morning to his bed if he was half-dressed ... I know that in this case she is just a harmless 12 years old, but still your boss!
and filming you while you do it :m 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Just reading the online news. Some interesting articles today . . .

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...n-to-me-is-there-a-polite-way-to-refuse-gifts

07177640-0896-45BA-84EE-9AF93066A459.jpeg

F’rinstance, I understand the romance of the restoring the lake but surely repairing the crumbling tower ceiling and the rendering of outside walls is vital work. Or even installing some effective back-up heating would be understandable. Yet she wants to splurge the Patreon funds (I’m not a Patreon btw) on wooden panelling (seriously ?) or create a Platform Française - painted ceiling in the Grand Salon, a room which already looks charming, well, it leaves me incredulous. If the Patreon funds dry up, which surely over time they will, she may regret not using them a little more wisely. Then again, I have a feeling that Stephanie Jarvis’s rather glamorous bohemian lifestyle will never really run out of money. There will always be someone, somewhere willing to step-up and support a pretty, charismatic chatelaine in distress :)
agree with everything, just one think came to my mind, if I will look at it from business perspective and if my goal is to sell it for profit, I might want to "stage" few most important rooms to give a glance of how it might look like for a future investor and basically sell him this bohemian dream with crumbling tower becuase he will be blinded by too many ornaments in the grand salon

I also found Marie pretty annoying in the Georgian food vlog. The splitting the table in half 'joke' is wearing thin and her attitude was bordering on rude. The chef's cooking was creating content for a whole vlog, who knows how much £££ that creates in terms of ad revenue?

I think SJ is sometimes too relaxed and the extra characters forget it's her house! And equally if they're using the kitchen to film, then surely the dished produced can be used for dinner with some cheese and crackers or something. No need for lots of petulant sulking.
today I am so sleep-deprived after tattle marathon that have so many wicked ideas which I need to share,
again as I was reading some of you already pointed the same thing as I was thinking but I am thinking now even further and have a theory:

marie is paying rent for her room (and possibly food is her own since she cannot eat much anyway) but the studio might be "paid" in exchange for her cooking. Now, when she realized, that she made a bad deal, she is like, "if you want me to cook for your lazy ass, earn you money by showing my work and my skills as a protagonist on your reality show without proper pay, freez out in the cold stable, not having the time to do my vlog (the only thing why I agreed to endure all this), than at least make an efing space on the table!"

• Haha
Reactions: 16
agree with everything, just one think came to my mind, if I will look at it from business perspective and if my goal is to sell it for profit, I might want to "stage" few most important rooms to give a glance of how it might look like for a future investor and basically sell him this bohemian dream with crumbling tower becuase he will be blinded by too many ornaments in the grand salon
Don't forget the lack of installation and servants area in original part.

Someone made an earlier comment re declining views of present opening so I went back to look. Earliest vlog of present opening was 69K views, most recent 32K, just in a few months. Maybe the lack of answer re which charities are receiving money may be due to low amounts of funds generated.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
So I just checked out Brenda Gibbons post on facebook. She's now saying that if you are struggling for gift ideas you should become a patreon.

·Struggling to come up with Christmas gift ideas?
What about a Patreon subscription for The Chateau Diaries?
Tiers start @ €5.00 per month, you get to vote on what the next project will be, unlock weekly patreon vlogs & get to hear wee snippets 1st!!!
It's definitely the jingle bells if you enjoy Chateau restoration & follow our chatelaine Stephanie Jarvis!!

What a joke she is.

Don't forget the lack of installation and servants area in original part.

Someone made an earlier comment re declining views of present opening so I went back to look. Earliest vlog of present opening was 69K views, most recent 32K, just in a few months. Maybe the lack of answer re which charities are receiving money may be due to low amounts of funds generated.

Can't disagree there! I feel sick reading her posts but still do! Why? Gawd knows!! Haha

Anyway, Do any of you remember a live chat with MPeth and LOTL at La Lande?. This was I think at the beginning of the year when live chat had not long started. Please say you do and I did not dream this!

Not exactly sure of my details as I can no longer find the video ...is live chat even available to rewatch?

Anyway someone asked a question and Stephanie went to get Mummy so she could answer it and after the question was answered Isobelle was asked by Steph what she was doing as she had gone to bed very early and she replied she had been talking to/been in touch with Grandad Gibbons I think it was. Forget exactly but the name Gibbons I am almost sure was mentioned but I felt Mummy had tripped herself up and it was glossed over. However it does beg the question Is the Irish would be Magnate and the Jarvis's related?? Why is she so secretive about herself...or am I extra nosey??

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I feel attacked by this. :ROFLMAO: Going a little OT, but a friend I only really know online just moved out of town, and she asked if I wanted a collection of out-of-print books her elderly aunt collected about our hometown. I said yes, and only 15 of the books are about our hometown. I'll need to go through the other 5 boxes of books she left on my porch and decide what to keep. She also left a mounted pronghorn antelope from a local bar that just closed after 70 years, an avocado tree and a leather chair. I inherited every single piece of furniture in my house, or it's a hand me down I said yes to. I've also had two yard sales in the last three years.

The amount of gifts they receive really is kind of stressful, and I hope they either stop altogether if the amount of views don't benefit charities, or redirect and figure out an angle. Like useful or already framed gifts in context and private thank you notes. Pleas for charity donations instead of gifts. Selmar could use some backup turtlenecks for woodworking and Diesel has enough treats. I understand why people give heirlooms with stories to the house though. People sell whole houses full of heirlooms when someone dies because they aren't collectors, or they don't cook. It makes them feel good to know it's somewhere fun. I should probably ship this antelope head to Lalande. Our local population of pronghorn antelopes just recently recovered from colonialism.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I feel attacked by this. :ROFLMAO: Going a little OT, but a friend I only really know online just moved out of town, and she asked if I wanted a collection of out-of-print books her elderly aunt collected about our hometown. I said yes, and only 15 of the books are about our hometown. I'll need to go through the other 5 boxes of books she left on my porch and decide what to keep. She also left a mounted pronghorn antelope from a local bar that just closed after 70 years, an avocado tree and a leather chair. I inherited every single piece of furniture in my house, or it's a hand me down I said yes to. I've also had two yard sales in the last three years.

The amount of gifts they receive really is kind of stressful, and I hope they either stop altogether if the amount of views don't benefit charities, or redirect and figure out an angle. Like useful or already framed gifts in context and private thank you notes. Pleas for charity donations instead of gifts. Selmar could use some backup turtlenecks for woodworking and Diesel has enough treats. I understand why people give heirlooms with stories to the house though. People sell whole houses full of heirlooms when someone dies because they aren't collectors, or they don't cook. It makes them feel good to know it's somewhere fun. I should probably ship this antelope head to Lalande. Our local population of pronghorn antelopes just recently recovered from colonialism.
Ha Ha, that’s a brilliant anecdote. “An avocado tree, leather chair and antelope head walk into a bar . . . . . . “.

If The Lady of the Lost Lake had a proper look under all that stuff in the various rooms and barns I’m sure she would find all sorts of mounted wildlife from walls past. I wonder where she keeps the mounted trophies of past volunteers (too dark?)?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I wonder where she keeps the mounted trophies of past volunteers (too dark?)?
Those are in the basement. Remember the tour of the secret door basement where Isabel found the pitchfork she'd been looking for? "I wonder if this is where they stored ice for parties?"

Sorry, the cellar. I have a basement.
shadow.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
can you imagine bringing your boss a coffee with biscuit every morning to his bed if he was half dressed ... I know that in this case she is just harmless 12 year old, but still your boss!
If she is raking gravel halfdressed this is not a problem

Reactions: 1
At least our group here is growing, we need another thread soon! The chateau diaries #5 Hohoho
#sacre bleu, mon couer
#purple poodle noel
#the lady and the poodle prince
#lies and a Christmas surprise
#funds, thrift shop gifts and an advent split
#gimme, gimme, gimme

:unsure::sleep:😩:coffee::coffee::coffee:

(btw termomix from11:37 for anyone interested :devilish:)
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: maybe i will get sent one for xmas

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
#sacre bleu, mon couer
#purple poodle noel
#the lady and the poodle prince
#lies and a Christmas surprise
#funds, thrift shop gifts and an advent split
#gimme, gimme, gimme

:unsure::sleep:😩:coffee::coffee::coffee:
#Alice in the Lalaland
#funds down the rabbit hole
#agents, puddles and hostages
#Magpie, Mason and a few new aprons

Reactions: 2
#Alice in the Lalaland
#funds down the rabbit hole
#agents, puddles and hostages
#Magpie, Mason and a few new aprons
#gin, sin & minions
#gin, sin & presents in the bin
#advent tat & a spat

(there is a very loud woman in my room going on about wuhan and recycling. Me no likey 😒)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Did just google Levan and his wife. Stephanie said he was a musician, played the clarinet and had a concert in Tbilisi and a restaurant in Amsterdam.
Well, he is a clarinetist, conductor, founder of a music-festival in Georgia, author of articles about music etc. Very good musician according to the critics.
And his wife Nino(39) is a great pianist with a career.
Did NOT catch this on the vlog 🤷‍♀️.

• Heart
normally you either sign performance contract something like Live Performance Agreement in case you are actually getting paid or the footage will be used later on and you would like to agree the terms, or you just simply ask people to sign A video release form, a talent release form or appearance release and license agreement. you put your name sign and you give them right to do basically anything
example>
wonder if MP signed away his rights to the artwork he created for Angel Strawbridge. Lets say for examples sake she makes £1 on every item sold, he should get at least 30p per item. That is unless he did get paid a one off fee for his artwork and hasn't made that detail public.

better the other way round
#a spat and advent tat

#i spy agent mon couer
#the 12 days of junk
#prancing, dancing & fawning
#please release me 🎶

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
No wonder MW wouldn't put her flowers down on the champagne walk, I've just tried the technique for the first time to jazz up Aldi roses (for a gift) with garden finds and it is a dexterity nightmare. Was verging on cramp in the hand 😂

• Haha
Like this one
#the 12 days of junk
@Viva La Loca

Inspired me to put new lyrics on an old song, version Lalaland (Should do other things but 🙄):
In brackets text for the choir.

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my patrons sent to me
Twelve plates gold-plated, (love these)
Eleven scarves pleated, (beautiful)
Ten toiles for draping, (gorgeous)
Nine volunteers cleaning, (you're a genius)
Eight aprons for cooking, (thank you)
Seven cups for drinking, (beautiful)
Six portaits a-ppalling, (let's frame it)
Five golden trims, (gorgeous)
Four falling stars, (never seen such)
Three pricy pens, (thank you so much)
Two garden gloves, (beautiful)
And a peacock in a pear tree!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh, I just realised that Cat was not part of the present opening this week. I fast forwarded through most of it so may have missed an announcement, but I didn't see her on the sofa.
A few weeks ago I would have thought to myself: oh dear, do hope she is OK, really miss her down-to-earthiness, want her to stay in the vlogs for a long time, she seems such fun...............but now (having finally realised what's really going on in la la land) my thoughts are: has Cat escaped? oh thank goodness for that, well done girl, run for the hills, run as fast as you can.
No, she was showing her moves at the loosely named Disco! SJ dresses for a disco, in a full length evening gown!

Like this one
#the 12 days of junk
@Viva La Loca

Inspired me to put new lyrics on an old song, version Lalaland (Should do other things but 🙄):
In brackets text for the choir.

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my patrons sent to me
Twelve plates gold-plated, (love these)
Eleven scarves pleated, (beautiful)
Ten toiles for draping, (gorgeous)
Nine volunteers cleaning, (you're a genius)
Eight aprons for cooking, (thank you)
Seven cups for drinking, (beautiful)
Six portaits a-ppalling, (let's frame it)
Five golden trims, (gorgeous)
Four falling stars, (never seen such)
Three pricy pens, (thank you so much)
Two garden gloves, (beautiful)
And a peacock in a pear tree!
Brilliant

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.