The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really laughed at your last paragraph. Not least because today in the Christmas section of the supermarket, I saw a Peacock decoration and I immediately thought EXACTLY the same .... Stephanie would love this 🦚
And I saw a yellow teaset in the window of the charity shop! Ditto! What is to become of us?! πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Absolutely agree, although I would go further and say the whole pantomime should stop. I am sure SJ knows she has created a monster, and I wonder if she is waiting to use Xmas as an excuse to bow out gracefully. She has made it clear how behind they are and Xmas will only make things a hundred times worse. Maybe she is going to show the sheer mountain of parcels that will no doubt land on her doorstep soon and, perhaps, plead with everyone to stop for a while as 'she just can't cope and she doesn't want to disappoint anyone by not saying thank you properly'.
Or, maybe, she just can't help herself and doesn't want it to stop because there just might be another valuable item in amongst all the tat that she can add to her magpie collection.
I have never felt the urge to send her a present, but I tried to understand the reasons why people do, and it seemed to me from some of the fan's comments that they honestly get some sort of pleasure out of giving their family heirlooms to a stranger. However, I stopped trying to understand and could no longer sympathise when I read a comment from a mother who said how proud she was of her son who was saving up all his pocket money so that he could buy SJ a present for Xmas.

I agree that Mandy seems to doing a good job with the filming (more time for SJ in front of the camera of course), but do you think that she is being allowed to actually edit any of it? I'm not sure.
I constantly have to remind myself, when watching the vlogs, that it is SJ that has total control over everything I see and it is unlikely to be a true reflection of what really goes on. If she wants me to think Marie Wiik is stroppy and sulky then that it what she shows me. If she gets backlash from the fans about how unhappy Marie seems then, surprise surprise, we suddenly get a vlog showing us a happy Marie.
Do you think any of the vlog participants ever get the chance to see any of the footage of themselves before it is released? Am I being naive?
I'm learning here. Some of these things might be obvious to some of you, but if I am right then the sheer manipulative skill (conscious or otherwise) of this woman is eye-opening for me.
🚨🚨🚨🚨 B R A V O 🚨🚨🚨🚨
Well said ....πŸ’
πŸ¦„πŸ’šπŸ¦„

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anybody remember how this peacock-gift mania started? Did fans just decide she loves peacock tat?

• Haha
Turtle 🐒

This is me on my back - because of you
I can’t get up for the laughing πŸ˜‚

Sir
Your genius is sublime
I salute you ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Forget the pints ... am off to talk to Guinness (diagio)
You deserve a breweryπŸ’
We're all adding years to our life by the laughter in this forum and I love it πŸ’– You get me @MojoDublin because our sense of humour is only separated by a little stretch of water
1606326614963.png

I would rather have Daphne Guinness's' clothes and house in Cadaques πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
1606326704224.png
1606328477372.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
She rarely receives a gift she covets, Bernardaud china and expensive fabrics are few and far between to motivate her to keep going.

Of course SJ shows everything before publishing, volunteers will stop co-operating very quickly if she wouldn't.
if we just count the sum of the gifts in one vlog we would be astounded, not only in CHATCH but in any of them,
just barbecue we didn't see them on camera it doesn't mean that they were not received

as for the footage preview - do we know this for a fact? and if she does, do they have any say in or they just blink twice?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm not surprised, bloody uncomfortable contraptions. Be free Marie, be free.
this is from the above category of being not sure if to say it, but she lost a quite a bit of weight, she might be grumpy becuase she is on a low calorie diet or she just woke up to the realities of lalaland?

furthermore, it seems that once she lost weight, SJ suddenly wasnt so friendly, Marie's only hope are her croquet teeth (yes I said it but not in a mean way, just stating the obvious) my fortuneteller ball says that once she gets them done she will have to say bye to her Floristry studio, she will no longer be Sj's DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) and there is no place for additional swans

8:12 besties

26:21 new found confidence, and game on at 27:40

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Two cues ...
Agent Isabelle just made me laugh with her use of the word 'folks' πŸ˜‚ (oh and can i please have a jacaranda seed pod for my collection of natural forms Madame ;))
Stephanie made sure to mention that they social distance

Please, oh please leave a dinner plate upside down or tap a teacup twice after stirring. I need to try and make it to age 90 with all the laughter πŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
So I just checked out Brenda Gibbons post on facebook. She's now saying that if you are struggling for gift ideas you should become a patreon.

Β·Struggling to come up with Christmas gift ideas?
What about a Patreon subscription for The Chateau Diaries?
Tiers start @ €5.00 per month, you get to vote on what the next project will be, unlock weekly patreon vlogs & get to hear wee snippets 1st!!!
It's definitely the jingle bells if you enjoy Chateau restoration & follow our chatelaine Stephanie Jarvis!!

What a joke she is.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
this is from the above category of being not sure if to say it, but she lost a quite a bit of weight, she might be grumpy becuase she is on a low calorie diet or she just woke up to the realities of lalaland?

furthermore, it seems that once she lost weight, SJ suddenly wasnt so friendly, Marie's only hope are her croquet teeth (yes I said it but not in a mean way, just stating the obvious) my fortuneteller ball says that once she gets them done she will have to say bye to her Floristry studio, she will no longer be Sj's DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) and there is no place for additional swans
Maybe dieting? But I do wonder at times if she is hungry (and Phillip). They have never shown on the vlogs that they have gluten free food - bread, pancakes, cakes, croissant, sauces etc. They are not hard to make or even purchase. Schar brand is European for instance. She has just had her supply of Warburtons toastie bread delivered from online so not difficult to purchase Schar if its not available locally (they even do crackers for cheese). And when they do make gravy or sauce its easy to use GF flour instead for the roux. No self respecting chef would (should) use anything less than corn starch. Unless you are told you will never know the difference. France is also the home of galettes I believe (buckwheat flour crepes).

I actually feel like sending her food parcel sometimes, especially when she was in the tree house and the breakfast offering was a bakery selection. Selmars apple pie could easily be made GF and dairy free and it would still have the right texture just not as rich a flavour because of the lack of butter.

Loss of weight - I didn't notice, she has got lovely glowing skin though - she looked great in her stayin' alive costume as did Nati and Kat.

Totally understand DUFF - have had it happen to me - my advice to anyone who has to put up with people like that is to laugh in the face of adversity. They are only projecting their own lacking πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Nurture and support is much more fun (y)

Ouch, on the teeth front. Would prefer to leave mine the way god intended them to be. Fully functional and natural. Well, that is until they need repairing of course. I rock a gold tooth!!
1606333114084.png

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So I just checked out Brenda Gibbons post on facebook. She's now saying that if you are struggling for gift ideas you should become a patreon.

Tiers start @ €5.00 per month, you get to vote on what the next project will be, unlock weekly patreon vlogs & get to hear wee snippets 1st!!!
It's definitely the jingle bells if you enjoy Chateau restoration & follow our chatelaine Stephanie Jarvis!!

What a joke she is.
does she get a percentage from it? :eek:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
as for the footage preview - do we know this for a fact? and if she does, do they have any say in or they just blink twice?
My friend makes her living as a blogger and on IG. She always sends pics or footage she's about to publish and asks for my permission. That's the way if you're professional and monetized ie. making money out of you.

Reactions: 8
My friend makes her living as a blogger and on IG. She always sends pics or footage she's about to publish and asks for my permission. That's the way if you're professional and monetized ie. making money out of you.
That's good to hear and exactly how I would wish things to be handled if I was ever filmed.
But in SJ's case I am not sure I understand how it can work logistically - having to check with so many people, showing them footage she has taken, getting their feedback and re-editing if someone objects. Is this why she always seems to be up against the wire timewise? Maybe, at the moment, with so few people around, it would not be too difficult. But what happens when she has a house full - workshops, workmen coming and going - or she films people as they are leaving the chateau (Ma P seemingly driving away in a huff is a case in point) - does she have to contact them all, send them the footage, and wait to hear back before she can finish her vlog? Just wondering - it's all new to me!

What a joke she is.
I've not been to her page for a while - just got fed up with all her shenanigans. But did you also notice her latest little scheme: she has set up a 'Secret Santa' service for all her lovely lalande fans. She has offered to match them up and arrange their exchange of gifts - as long as they send her their private details of course. Apparently she has 50 takers so far. I don't understand it. Nothing could ever persuade me to let this woman know where I live!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
That's good to hear and exactly how I would wish things to be handled if I was ever filmed.
But in SJ's case I am not sure I understand how it can work logistically - having to check with so many people, showing them footage she has taken, getting their feedback and re-editing if someone objects. Is this why she always seems to be up against the wire timewise? Maybe, at the moment, with so few people around, it would not be too difficult. But what happens when she has a house full - workshops, workmen coming and going - or she films people as they are leaving the chateau (Ma P seemingly driving away in a huff is a case in point) - does she have to contact them all, send them the footage, and wait to hear back before she can finish her vlog? Just wondering - it's all new to me!
normally you either sign performance contract something like Live Performance Agreement in case you are actually getting paid or the footage will be used later on and you would like to agree the terms, or you just simply ask people to sign A video release form, a talent release form or appearance release and license agreement. you put your name sign and you give them right to do basically anything
example>

I've not been to her page for a while - just got fed up with all her shenanigans. But did you also notice her latest little scheme: she has set up a 'Secret Santa' service for all her lovely lalande fans. She has offered to match them up and arrange their exchange of gifts - as long as they send her their private details of course. Apparently she has 50 takers so far. I don't understand it. Nothing could ever persuade me to let this woman know where I live!!
this seems like a harmless initiative, NOT

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
At least our group here is growing, we need another thread soon! The chateau diaries #5 Hohoho

• Heart
my new pastime is to watch the first vlogs with all the info I have now, I notice things which I didn't before, like the house and acreage of Mason's hacienda - it aaaaall makes sense!

• Heart
At least our group here is growing, we need another thread soon! The chateau diaries #5 Hohoho
Brenda should make a pool for the name of the new thread πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸŽ…

Recap
Still on the whole enjoying SJ's vlogs and agreed she is streets ahead of the spinoffs in quality, but still questioning her finances and her volunteers' motives. Not so keen on her little poodle prince.
Still laughing and gasping at the Trotter bodging and grifting. Getting angry at Brenda's antics.
poodle prince - help meeee πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

@Viva La Loca DIY should mean Don't Involve Yourself πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ this thread is Gold! I am getting younger by the minute!!
speaking of gold everywhere - did you notice the close-up of the doors, omg who painted it? I am no OCD lover but lord have mercy

Last edited:
  • Haha
Lurker here but have been watching CD for a while now. Did anyone else notice how, in one of the premieres, someone made 3 or 4 donations and then kept complaining that they hadn't been properly acknowledged? Then, right at the end, the peson boasted that she had donated more than anyone else that evening as if it were a competition, really crazy! I applaud LOTL's abilities, especially her skills at makig curtains, producing entertaining content. etc. but the OTT fakery is getting to me and the histrionic mocking tones she uses so often.

I agree she needs to do a vlog explaining that she is grateful for all the gifts but that it has to stop now. Whatever she may say about her father's early life, she is extremely privileged and spoilt and could quite easily live without any more porcelain or clothes, she has enough to last a lifetime. She is very acquisitive and seems to have a compulsive shopping habit. I would not send money or gifts to someone like that, especially at the current time when so many have lost jobs, etc., and are struggling to put food on their tables. She could encourage those gifters to give to charities instead. Also, in my day, volunteers worked for needy causes! Having said that, I am as fascinated as everyone else watching the vlogs and the characters in what is becoming a soap opera!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Thoughts on Cat's patron interview? She came across quite self-effacing which I wasn't expecting! Quite alot of nervous laughing and hair touching but nice answers, quite interesting to know what she's been doing alongside volunteering
Yes, and Stefanie was really nice to her, she is a fine interwiewer. Interesting that she is so into music. Would love to hear her properly sing. Quote about SJ: "You look so good in a suit, it's a pity that you don't have a real job"πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ But who was this Emily girl she mentioned?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We're all adding years to our life by the laughter in this forum and I love it πŸ’– You get me @MojoDublin because our sense of humour is only separated by a little stretch of water View attachment 323712
I would rather have Daphne Guinness's' clothes and house in Cadaques πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
View attachment 323716 View attachment 323770
πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’β­β­β­β­β­πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

Priceless your simply priceless
πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’β­β­β­β­β­πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

Fine

I’ll admit .... I signed up
I Want to know an inside track

Yes I’m dumpster diving - but genuinely I want to see what the rest are all at or are they too ... sublimely curious

Might dumpster dive me opening the gift 🎁
Selfishly I want to see can ppl genuinely get excited for an agent mummy size apron
And seeds ,,,,🀭
I’ll get back to you πŸ€”

πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’β­β­β­β­β­πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

Priceless your simply priceless
πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’β­β­β­β­β­πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„

Fine

I’ll admit .... I signed up
I Want to know an inside track

Yes I’m dumpster diving - but genuinely I want to see what the rest are all at or are they too ... sublimely curious

Might dumpster dive me opening the gift 🎁
Selfishly I want to see can ppl genuinely get excited for an agent mummy size apron
And seeds ,,,,🀭
I’ll get back to you πŸ€”
P
πŸ¦„πŸ™ŒπŸ¦„. @PeacockQueen named this one ☝

Multiple ppl have excelled here - delighted 😁 I found halerious ppl to have a gas β›½ time with
AGENT 5 is alive 🧡

Have to say @66carola .... HoHOHo
Is a zinger 🧡

Defo giving a glorious covid clap πŸ‘ to @Viva La Loca

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.