The Chateau Diaries #4 Jarvis in Jeopardy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just finished watching over-exaggerated ovations for yet another apron and yet another scarf
with this, I am officially welcoming Agent Pileofallergies, Agents Aliceinwonderland and Agent Magpie,

the footage at the end was Gold - it was like from a hostage video :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: especially princess Philip, lord, he is supposed to be an actor but he cannot even fake-smile πŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
the footage at the end was Gold - it was like from a hostage video :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
1606303516148.png

47 minutes to open a few presents , running 4 months late ! Watch out for the Christmas pressie unwrapping next summer 😫 This present opening is turning into a monster πŸ‘Ή Think Nati should select a few and just get on top of them all so they are up to date . It’s ridiculous
1606303888086.png

πŸ¦„πŸ˜πŸ¦„πŸ˜πŸ¦„πŸ˜πŸ¦„πŸ˜πŸ¦„

Let me clean 🧼 the Computor screen again πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚
Your gas β›½ - kudos on the tins
πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ’πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
:ROFLMAO:😝😝:ROFLMAO:
1606304351383.png

And when she said to Phillip about not watching the Spode Sunday vlog πŸ˜‚
1606305427517.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
princess is soprano
we are still talking about the possibility of being a professional singer in a real opera right? not just decent singer but center stage signing?

now the princess

example of great modern voices - soprano and mezzo-soprano just for comparison

another soprano (personally not a fan, for me too flat but generally people love it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzNBeRkH9OY

princess again (btw termomix from11:37 for anyone interested :devilish:) singing from 17:16

lyric soprano (my preference - not that it matters) especially from 2:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBo7T8LEQ4Y

in my unprofessional opinion, these crystal voices with control are miles away from the chateau lalaland
to be fair, I've experienced horrid opera singers, long past their prime so everything is possible
Blimey you're like a dog with a bone. Yes, she is a good singer. Yes, she is probably out of practice - the voicebox is literally a muscle which needs to be kept in tip top condition for the best voice, and cosetted like an athlete looks after their body.

The reason she didn't go pro is probably that she didn't want to spend her life in a chorus for Β£2.50 a day hoping for her lucky break, like thousands of other good, classically trained singers!

I'm all for critique and making fun of what can sometimes be a slightly ridiculous (yet fantastic! ) lifestyle but you're really taking it to extremes at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
47 minutes to open a few presents , running 4 months late ! Watch out for the Christmas pressie unwrapping next summer 😫 This present opening is turning into a monster πŸ‘Ή Think Nati should select a few and just get on top of them all so they are up to date . It’s ridiculous
Absolutely agree, although I would go further and say the whole pantomime should stop. I am sure SJ knows she has created a monster, and I wonder if she is waiting to use Xmas as an excuse to bow out gracefully. She has made it clear how behind they are and Xmas will only make things a hundred times worse. Maybe she is going to show the sheer mountain of parcels that will no doubt land on her doorstep soon and, perhaps, plead with everyone to stop for a while as 'she just can't cope and she doesn't want to disappoint anyone by not saying thank you properly'.
Or, maybe, she just can't help herself and doesn't want it to stop because there just might be another valuable item in amongst all the tat that she can add to her magpie collection.
I have never felt the urge to send her a present, but I tried to understand the reasons why people do, and it seemed to me from some of the fan's comments that they honestly get some sort of pleasure out of giving their family heirlooms to a stranger. However, I stopped trying to understand and could no longer sympathise when I read a comment from a mother who said how proud she was of her son who was saving up all his pocket money so that he could buy SJ a present for Xmas.

New girl is doing a good job of editing! That dance scene was pretty cohesive and almost no snorting for two video releases in a row.
I agree that Mandy seems to doing a good job with the filming (more time for SJ in front of the camera of course), but do you think that she is being allowed to actually edit any of it? I'm not sure.
I constantly have to remind myself, when watching the vlogs, that it is SJ that has total control over everything I see and it is unlikely to be a true reflection of what really goes on. If she wants me to think Marie Wiik is stroppy and sulky then that it what she shows me. If she gets backlash from the fans about how unhappy Marie seems then, surprise surprise, we suddenly get a vlog showing us a happy Marie.
Do you think any of the vlog participants ever get the chance to see any of the footage of themselves before it is released? Am I being naive?
I'm learning here. Some of these things might be obvious to some of you, but if I am right then the sheer manipulative skill (conscious or otherwise) of this woman is eye-opening for me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I agree re stopping the present sending if she can. It would be more charitable if this Christmas she asked people to donate just the intended postage amounts to charity for 6 months. Set up a funding page for a charity and celebrate all fans contributing to a goal. That would unite her fans and also aid her brand. I mean how many aprons, coffee cups, napkins do people expect them to use?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I love to analyze in order to understand doesnt matter the outcome but it should be as objective as I possibly, with my limited insignt, can achieve.
From what I see in volunteer's faces is more than telling, the grimaces they are pulling when they desperately want to tell her NO but cannot or when they have to smile and they just dont feel it, poor kids some of them below 25 no idea what is happening. Like a good trained monkeys.

it is also painfully obvious that Selmar would want more and SJ is just looking at another Wendy (ref. Peter pan syndrome). Even she knows it but gives him just enough hope to keep him hooked and keep working and taking care of her. I know that thank you seemed so sincere as well as the puppy eyes, I almost bought it as well because we all want to believe that ot is genuine. (Even if it was it would be only the one off which confirms the rule; but it is way more probable that this is how narcs hook you in when they feel that they are loosing you and covet ones, they just cannot live without you, they just need you so much, who would take care of them, poor them!)

I
I agree re stopping the present sending if she can. It would be more charitable if this Christmas she asked people to donate just the intended postage amounts to charity for 6 months. Set up a funding page for a charity and celebrate all fans contributing to a goal. That would unite her fans and also aid her brand. I mean how many aprons, coffee cups, napkins do people expect them to use?
But how much of Limonges is hidden inside! Maybe some other vintage Chanel pieces are on their way! Christmas is such a time for giving presents, noone can disagree that she should be given one or two since the fans (her new friends who are proposint to come all the time) want to compensate for the time she didnt get any from her mum?

Oh, I just realised that Cat was not part of the present opening this week. I fast forwarded through most of it so may have missed an announcement, but I didn't see her on the sofa.
A few weeks ago I would have thought to myself: oh dear, do hope she is OK, really miss her down-to-earthiness, want her to stay in the vlogs for a long time, she seems such fun...............but now (having finally realised what's really going on in la la land) my thoughts are: has Cat escaped? oh thank goodness for that, well done girl, run for the hills, run as fast as you can.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Love this idea - I probably would never send a present but I would donate this way !

• Heart
Absolutely agree, although I would go further and say the whole pantomime should stop. I am sure SJ knows she has created a monster, and I wonder if she is waiting to use Xmas as an excuse to bow out gracefully. She has made it clear how behind they are and Xmas will only make things a hundred times worse. Maybe she is going to show the sheer mountain of parcels that will no doubt land on her doorstep soon and, perhaps, plead with everyone to stop for a while as 'she just can't cope and she doesn't want to disappoint anyone by not saying thank you properly'.
Or, maybe, she just can't help herself and doesn't want it to stop because there just might be another valuable item in amongst all the tat that she can add to her magpie collection.
I have never felt the urge to send her a present, but I tried to understand the reasons why people do, and it seemed to me from some of the fan's comments that they honestly get some sort of pleasure out of giving their family heirlooms to a stranger. However, I stopped trying to understand and could no longer sympathise when I read a comment from a mother who said how proud she was of her son who was saving up all his pocket money so that he could buy SJ a present for Xmas.
The mistake was made when she decided to read the names. Now every high tier patreon feel obliged to send a gift. In the beginning there were 60k views and she could donate €500, now with 30k and dropping, it doesn't pay anymore to continue. She should make a decision that gifts that arrive after Christmas will no longer be opened publicly, so people who want their names to be read out loud have time to send a gift. All edibles like chocolate should be displayed in one go and she could just read a list. She probably has gifts to open for the next two years.

She rarely receives a gift she covets, Bernardaud china and expensive fabrics are few and far between to motivate her to keep going.
I agree that Mandy seems to doing a good job with the filming (more time for SJ in front of the camera of course), but do you think that she is being allowed to actually edit any of it? I'm not sure.
I constantly have to remind myself, when watching the vlogs, that it is SJ that has total control over everything I see and it is unlikely to be a true reflection of what really goes on. If she wants me to think Marie Wiik is stroppy and sulky then that it what she shows me. If she gets backlash from the fans about how unhappy Marie seems then, surprise surprise, we suddenly get a vlog showing us a happy Marie.
Do you think any of the vlog participants ever get the chance to see any of the footage of themselves before it is released? Am I being naive?
I'm learning here. Some of these things might be obvious to some of you, but if I am right then the sheer manipulative skill (conscious or otherwise) of this woman is eye-opening for me.
Of course SJ shows everything before publishing, volunteers will stop co-operating very quickly if she wouldn't.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I agree! To track it, they can have a special link so they can rally all the fans up for it. Competition for a good cause. I posted along the lines of this a while back on her Patreon and the first CATC video but it didn’t gain any traction. At this point it feels like them gifts shall continue which is getting annoying.

Reactions: 7
Yes, she needs to call a halt to it all, especially since she was opening gifts that had arrived in August! I suppose people will still send stuff though. She should announce that while she is extremely grateful for all gifts received hereto, she needs to end this craziness! Any she gets from now on, the sender can be thanked individually or maybe a list put up at the end of a vlog, or on Facebook/ Instagram. I actually enjoy seeing CATC, but hate the end where they all grin inanely wearing tea cosies, aprons, assorted fabric remnants while holding Spode plates or seed packets, 😑.

• Haha
So the CATCH 22 is the main theme today, i just love how patreons are agreeing between themselves here in a hope that LOTLL will do like they suggest :)))) this thread is neverending source of entertainment.

• Haha

Good point. I was wondering, too if she shows them each video beforehand. There were plenty scenes when I thought: "oh, she is self-confident to let this be shown on YouTube, I would be embarrassed."

For example Marie without bra, or Kat eyerolling. I wouldn't want the whole world to know that I have a different opinion on some things than SJ because I might expect some kind of shitstorm from fans. There is a life after Lalande and I wouldn't want my future boss to read all the bullshit some superfans wrote about me.

I'm not a patreon. I have enjoyed her vlogs immensely. However familarity can breed contempt and there are complaints on the videos comments by people who send presents. This is when it all starts, fans are so invested they lose a bit of common sense. I don't want this cadeaux business to ruin the production of the other vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've just finished watching over-exaggerated ovations for yet another apron and yet another scarf
with this, I am officially welcoming Agent Pileofallergies, Agents Aliceinwonderland and Agent Magpie,

the footage at the end was Gold - it was like from a hostage video :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: especially princess Philip, lord, he is supposed to be an actor but he cannot even fake-smile πŸ˜‚
I don't watch the Cadeaux but I don't mind them. I do feel she is genuinely grateful and just well-behaved to want thank everyone, so no matter if an apron again or the super gift. Also she donates the revenue which she doesn't need to. But the very last group foto is really awkward, I wouldn't agree taking it as a volunteer.

Love this idea - I probably would never send a present but I would donate this way !
Though I admit that recently when I saw a lovely spode cup my first thought was: "SJ would love it" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ™„

• Haha
I don't watch the Cadeaux but I don't mind them. I do feel she is genuinely grateful and just well-behaved to want thank everyone, so no matter if an apron again or the super gift. Also she donates the revenue which she doesn't need to. But the very last group foto is really awkward, I wouldn't agree taking it as a volunteer.
I would kindly suggest that you watch the last one, i did bc so many ppl commented, you will see for yourself, I did and suddenly understood what everyone was talking about

Reactions: 4
Just finished watching tonight's vlog. I noticed how she didn't say Michael's name when she pointed out the red rose in the courtyard but said his mom's name instead. I find it tacky that she kept saying on her other channel....yes we know your cringy gift giving one. Ugh!
Sorry folks but I can't help myself. There is just too much ...
1606322837471.png

• Haha

Though I admit that recently when I saw a lovely spode cup my first thought was: "SJ would love it" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ™„
Really laughed at your last paragraph. Not least because today in the Christmas section of the supermarket, I saw a Peacock decoration and I immediately thought EXACTLY the same .... Stephanie would love this 🦚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.