Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Calvignac

re termomix, I remember how surprised I was when she bought it bc it is expensive AF and when you have a BB or restaurant you try to do stuff from scratch and exactly this thing is to weight stuff predominantly, the same goes for smeg appliances for Isabel's apartment etc, and than again she was struggling previous years - no wonder if you ask me ...
I've always been fascinated by her SMEG fridge in the kitchen.
A dream for many of us. Only a dream...

• Heart
Reactions: 4

frenchessence

Chatty Member
Recap
Still on the whole enjoying SJ's vlogs and agreed she is streets ahead of the spinoffs in quality, but still questioning her finances and her volunteers' motives. Not so keen on her little poodle prince.
Still laughing and gasping at the Trotter bodging and grifting. Getting angry at Brenda's antics.
Well done ! Say it as it is !

Hihellohowr31

normally you have a company and from that, you can pay yourself personal income or you get dividends, don't forget there are 3 investors who need to split the profit (if any)
Yes obviously that is how a company works. And she might be getting higher percentage of the profit because nic and mp dont actively run the bnb like how stephanie does. So yes her personal income includes her profit percentage of bnb, youtube revenue and london apt rent

MojoDublin

VIP Member
I swear to god i would do if i had a FB account. Its a shame its missing a central character
View attachment 326531

Curiouser and Curiouser - Come down the rabbit hole with me. I will play with you, pay attention to you, fawn all over you and then drop you faster than a hot potato. Drink me in, eat me up but watch your back for I am the queen of hearts.
View attachment 326523
πŸš¨πŸš¨πŸš¨πŸš¨πŸ¦„ πŸ†˜ πŸ¦„πŸš¨πŸš¨πŸš¨

Straight off LOTL insta apparently
Posted on donegal trotters page by a new lanande court jester

Am pickleing in a vat of armanac
Should be ready 24 th dec

... and this is those who know what went down at Manumission and The Manumission Hotel.
You are not telling me these party people in their wendy house are not cut from the same cloth
View attachment 326598
Whahaha πŸ¦„πŸ’šπŸ¦„

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart

66carola

Chatty Member
Agree that Isabelle must be a very scarily formidable character in real life. I wouldn't be surprised if she were on here to be honest, regardless of her age. She was afterall the head nurse (?) with the NHS where she had to oversee everything that goes on in her department. I'm just glad it's online where we don't have to actually face her real-life wrath.
And this in times when woman couldn't make a career so easily. It seems she was even superior than Stephanie's dad? He was also a nurse but you never hear her say that he was in a leading position.

Pseudo palace style?
SJ's decoration / interior design isn't of any particular style other than a mixture of antique & vintage references. The genteel 19c English country house meets Versailles. A blend of French and English historic notions.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: wtf, the page refreshed and this greeted me.
I went to Glastonbury once and picked an elder branch from the hill going up to the tor. I am now Dumbledore!
Actually! MP is an expert at everything. Amazing! must be his mate.

Randy goat ;)

πŸ‘οΈβ€πŸ—¨οΈπŸ‘οΈβ€πŸ—¨οΈ

@sandro37 (got timed out!)
did you see his video, halloween, dressed up as Kiss, singing a love ballad to ... Dana K?
it was hilarious. Why, just why would you put that on youtube :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 320671View attachment 320674
Thanks

sandro37

VIP Member
random question but does anyone know why she doesn't have children? it wouldn't surprise me if the true reason is that she herself wanted to be a child forever

• Sad

Hemerocallis

VIP Member
Thanks, you’re right it is a ground floor flat, she shows the patio in CD #12. Her property backs onto the neighbours - this is a big clue for me.
It used to be on AirBnB but was not available for 2020 and 2021(!) some weeks ago. And now it isn't on the site anymore (I can't find it). The house in SA has also been rented with AirBnB (not available too), didn't check if it's still on.
No, didn't find it neither.

lolander

VIP Member
I don't think she's addressed it ever, but my childless aunt is my personal favorite. People get so nosey about women having children, and in a weird knowing way. Like there must be something wrong. The timing was probably just wrong. Her dad died, and she was alone for awhile. Or maybe she's barren and we should write a fanfic.
I believe SJ and Potts were planning to get married and have a family in SA, I can't figure out a better explanation why her parents bought the house (close to Potts' family house) than they wanted to be close to their only child. Summers in France until the chateau was restored and sold, and winters in SA. But then her dad died and the house of cards collapsed.

Last edited:
SJs Thermomix gets more use than some of my kitchen gadgets. Shes used it a lot when she’s got b&b guests or events. That to me seemed one of her more sensible purchases.

lolander

VIP Member
also @Rory
On a serious note .. I've thought this since last year when I watched the London vlogs. Its so easy to pinpoint her flat location let alone book it and stay there. I thought at the time by eck you're a brave woman putting it all out there for the whole world to see when its your home and not just a rental property.
On the one hand I imagine Howard & Raj on The Big Bang Theory using satellites to find the house of models but on the other hand ... it only takes one loon. In comparison BG is completely harmless.
Soon we start to see selfies taken in her apartment on IG :confused:

• Wow

lolander

VIP Member
My point was that there hasn't been any BnB business at all this year (since the first lockdown in March). And no workshops either.
BnB money couldn't have covered all these expenses in any way.
Curious to know if Stephanie gives any details about this to her Patreons ?
Steph has not told anything detailed how the salaries for Selmar, Dan or Nati are paid. She just explained that Selmar's and Dan's salaries can be paid through the non-profit and Nati's salary has to be funded otherwise. We don't know if this non-profit has been established. Steph can use Patreon money as she wishes after she's paid ~50% taxes. If she decides to pay the taxes and not channel the money to the non-profit, Patreon money will become her personal income.

Even she says all Patreon money will go to restoration, there's a loop hole, she's collecting funds for both restoration AND vlogging. Basically Patreon money can be used for Nati's salary, because it frees her to vlog full time. There's no obligation to specify in detail how the money is spent, we'll just have to take her word for it.

Last edited:

sandro37

VIP Member
Her kitchen is full of very expensive appliances. Her La Cornue range is easily 20K+. She's clearly into aesthetics more than practicality. The Smeg fridge is beautiful but it's actually not the best fridge out there for the price.
my thoughts exactly, couldn't write it better

• Heart

Pno

VIP Member
I do hope that all volunteers will return to their loved ones for Christmas. They can come back next year. Even if they can't return immediately for the New Year's party, they have no responsibility to Steph to be her vlog food and keep her company. There's no work for them at the moment. Bit selfish IMO from Steph if this happens. And Philip needs to be sent home to his mom for Christmas too, even if he cries, has tantrums and goes on hunger strike. Steph and Nati will survive without him for a couple of weeks.
I thought Nati was heading home. Am in SF and we are too inundated with our own Covid coverage and now curfews so no idea if they even leave the ShatO at this point. Other than Ryan of course!

66carola

Chatty Member
lol, but I was curious if she ever addressed it, she was with potty for so long
She mentioned that she got divorced from her husband because she realised he wanted a more traditional life but she likes to live in a community.
On the interview with Nati Nati mentioned she would like to have kids but right now she is happy the way it is. I am sorry that I don't know what SJ answered but you can go back if you want. Or somebody here might know

I will always find hard to believe that people actually BELIEVE everything Stephanie tells them about money and finances.
But that's my French cynical / pragmatic / revolutionary side πŸ˜‚
Haha, so true. Like when she was doing the video in this other church where she said she will donate

maybe Q&A is coming since they got 3 bars on the barn next door and now she can do it from her bedroom
And she is behind with the targets, right? Though they seem to drop?

Last edited:

sandro37

VIP Member
Its not just stephanie.. All 3 of the owners of lalande dont have kids (biological)

Maybe its the" lalande curse" or blessings. However you look at it. 😜
this boy is not Nic's son? hm I didn't know that

as a side note .. I watched a tv programme years ago with Jeremy Clarkson eating small birds with a group of people in France. They all had tea towels on their heads and ate the birds under that, bones and all. Twas very bizarre.
I saw this on Billions =]] it is apparently some delicate and I think it used to be illegal, the bird is called ortolan

I found the link btw would want to see that bird cooked either https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/04/real-story-about-the-illegal-ortolan-delicacy-eaten-on-billions.html

Last edited:

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
I think we will see a lot more of Cat (in the soap that the Chateau Diaries indeed is) as she now has a bona fide real job as a manager of a virual choir.
@Hemerocallis has written a Christmas carol for her. They could use it as a theme tune for advent vlogs πŸ˜‚

not sure if anyone posted this one about Mason, but enjoy
This is comedy gold πŸ˜‚
"Diagnosis: In urgent need of serious professional help. Despite the total insanity of his claims, there is unfortunately also a real danger that some people may actually listen to him."
Oh I wish I'd met him when I worked in New England back in the day (but I suspect he was still in school ???)

• Haha

Hemerocallis

VIP Member
Did anyone else notice the rust in the tin she showed that was too small... or old cake crumbs! I'd have been embarrassed to show that!
Cake crumbs, I think. Would have washed (and dryed) the tin before reusing it πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ.
Last year, she has made the same christmas-cake (in her fathers tin). Don't remember where she put it in.