Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sandro37

VIP Member
Sure, but I would like to hear and see her apart from the concerts at lalande. In a pré château life maybe. More professional even.

That's what I asked myself, too. Kat throw it away maybe?
I was searching for all that talent in its peak form as well, a long time ago (when the recordings/videos were not yet deleted) and even on her own singer profile there was only one mediocre aria

Reactions: 3

sandro37

VIP Member
Just an expression - my mum used to say it about people who took drugs in the 60's/70's. "they were on uppers, downers and all arounders". Maybe its the area I'm from - is well known in this country for being friendly and full of cheeky comedians.

If you are interested there is linkage from the happy valley crowd through to Alexander McQueen. If you saw the links you can also see a reflection of SJ's / Oxford Uni partying ways - is a class system thing.
I am so glad that you are mentioning this, but according to your chart they would fall into middle-class pretenders at best,
A McQueen and his crowd like Annabelle were on another level - most of them are gone

to all fairness, wine/gin parties are very french/ continental thing

Last edited:

Seeingitasitis

VIP Member
I understood that Nati and Dan the gardener were both paid with Patreon funds ?
PS there's no BnB business at all at the moment
I would not disagree. I am absolutely sure you are correct about Dan and so the same may be true for Nati, but I do not know. I know there was some concern about Nati being secure in her position and SJ confirmed that it was because she would make it so. Yes, there is no B&B - it is always seasonal but she will still have much to do, I am sure. People have queries and want to book all year round, volunteers need to be corresponded with etc.

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
Turtle 🐢

This is me on my back - because of you
I can’t get up for the laughing 😂

Sir
Your genius is sublime
I salute you ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Forget the pints ... am off to talk to Guinness (diagio)
You deserve a brewery💝
We're all adding years to our life by the laughter in this forum and I love it 💖 You get me @MojoDublin because our sense of humour is only separated by a little stretch of water
1606326614963.png

I would rather have Daphne Guinness's' clothes and house in Cadaques 😂😂
1606326704224.png
1606328477372.png

Last edited:
  • Heart

sandro37

VIP Member
She rarely receives a gift she covets, Bernardaud china and expensive fabrics are few and far between to motivate her to keep going.

Of course SJ shows everything before publishing, volunteers will stop co-operating very quickly if she wouldn't.
if we just count the sum of the gifts in one vlog we would be astounded, not only in CHATCH but in any of them,
just barbecue we didn't see them on camera it doesn't mean that they were not received

as for the footage preview - do we know this for a fact? and if she does, do they have any say in or they just blink twice?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm not surprised, bloody uncomfortable contraptions. Be free Marie, be free.
this is from the above category of being not sure if to say it, but she lost a quite a bit of weight, she might be grumpy becuase she is on a low calorie diet or she just woke up to the realities of lalaland?

furthermore, it seems that once she lost weight, SJ suddenly wasnt so friendly, Marie's only hope are her croquet teeth (yes I said it but not in a mean way, just stating the obvious) my fortuneteller ball says that once she gets them done she will have to say bye to her Floristry studio, she will no longer be Sj's DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) and there is no place for additional swans

8:12 besties

26:21 new found confidence, and game on at 27:40

Last edited:
  • Haha

frenchessence

Chatty Member
Is it just me or did anyone else noticed that underneath all the success, Selmar is very sad? I noticed already one vlog ago.
Good spot. I thought so too. At the end of his thanksgiving speech he looked as though he was going to cry. He’s clearly a gentle sensitive man.
He also still looks a little bit in love with LOTL. You could tell her appreciative words to him tugged his heart strings.

Is it just me or did anyone else noticed that underneath all the success, Selmar is very sad? I noticed already one vlog ago.
Good spot. I thought so too. At the end of his thanjsgispeech he looked as though he was going to cry. He’s clearly a gentle sensitive man.
He also still looks a little bit in love with LOTL. You could tell her appreciative words to him tugged his heart strings.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: we know where she lives. Ha!! Don't worry BG we are not as mad as you, we won't actually stalk you in real life unlike your good self.

She looks good in underwear and costumes too and apparently certain women can make a small fortune in their 'type' of job. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. 50 shades of purple;)😂

Bloody cheek if she is, paying rent to work in bird poo freezing cold stable that does not have a functioning door handle as well as slaving away in the kitchen while everyone else gets under your feet just for the sake of the must have cocktail. They haven't even sorted out a log burner for her. Selmar get your act together. We know Marie is Norweigan but come on.

Phil is in there too for copying CD's vlog design
View attachment 324884

Awesome :love: absolutely superb😂 😂🌠

💕👏👏🌠🌠 (thanks to @MojoDublin i am learning emojis)

More fool him, a lesson learnt the hard way. Don't give the goods away for free.

Have you been hanging out with hot yoga scientologists wacko manson Family?

Very sadly missed and Soll too :(:cry:
I agree. Many clever, funny & wise members here . I always enjoyed reading those two and hope they come back :)

Sure did. Definitely would not have shown that to world even if i did use it lined with foil.

A tin wasn't shown. She went away with Mason and Amsterdam based performing arts superb cook Donna fed it a bottle and a half of Armagnac in her absence :oops::eek:😅

Last edited:
  • Heart

Not so Dotty

So I just checked out Brenda Gibbons post on facebook. She's now saying that if you are struggling for gift ideas you should become a patreon.

·Struggling to come up with Christmas gift ideas?
What about a Patreon subscription for The Chateau Diaries?
Tiers start @ €5.00 per month, you get to vote on what the next project will be, unlock weekly patreon vlogs & get to hear wee snippets 1st!!!
It's definitely the jingle bells if you enjoy Chateau restoration & follow our chatelaine Stephanie Jarvis!!

What a joke she is.

Don't forget the lack of installation and servants area in original part.

Someone made an earlier comment re declining views of present opening so I went back to look. Earliest vlog of present opening was 69K views, most recent 32K, just in a few months. Maybe the lack of answer re which charities are receiving money may be due to low amounts of funds generated.

Can't disagree there! I feel sick reading her posts but still do! Why? Gawd knows!! Haha

Anyway, Do any of you remember a live chat with MPeth and LOTL at La Lande?. This was I think at the beginning of the year when live chat had not long started. Please say you do and I did not dream this!

Not exactly sure of my details as I can no longer find the video ...is live chat even available to rewatch?

Anyway someone asked a question and Stephanie went to get Mummy so she could answer it and after the question was answered Isobelle was asked by Steph what she was doing as she had gone to bed very early and she replied she had been talking to/been in touch with Grandad Gibbons I think it was. Forget exactly but the name Gibbons I am almost sure was mentioned but I felt Mummy had tripped herself up and it was glossed over. However it does beg the question Is the Irish would be Magnate and the Jarvis's related?? Why is she so secretive about herself...or am I extra nosey??

• Wow

66carola

Chatty Member
I was making a supportive point as your first post, that I quoted, came across as you having an intolerant attitude to PP's food allergies and then you explained your experience (therefore empirical)
And yes we are also nightshade free too. I have coeliac disease and a dairy allergy and of course I also cater for other peoples dietary needs / allergies / intolerances / dislikes. No nuts on the dinner table either or citrus.
Do you eat Nomato sauce as a substitute ? I make my own from beetroot and carrots then use that as a base for all the tomato based dishes I miss. Ketchup, pizzas, sweet and sour sauce for instance.
All good. Yeah I am the beetroot queen around here😊
Just Brilliant ! think this poem can be turned into a book. And a movie..... 📖 🎥
OMG, unbelievable good! I need to know if you this for a living?

sandro37

VIP Member
As far as the tango goes ... yes it’s passionless (I also saw him change his grip on SJ) but ultimately this man is a passive admirer, he will occasionally inch forward in a sub manner, if he thinks it may not be noticed, but he doesn’t have the confidence to make any overt moves. I feel he knows his place in the pecking order of Lalande/LOTL but his eyes betray his heart. SJ would never be involved with Selmar. He’s a good guy but not one for Ms. Jarvis.

I see her as someone who loves to be adored - in friendships and personal relationships. I don’t want to use the phrase ‘dog in the manger’ but can think of no other .... she will always keep the men in her life close to her, even if they become ex-boyfriends. As @sandro37 says, she will tighten the leash if one of her pack makes a move to escape, albeit with compliments and emotional
that is even better description, you might be my brother from another mother, you know - we’ve done it together! frenchessence :m

Last edited:

Takeaway

QUOTE witchgrass I hope I'm not guilty of this, but I'm not sure what personal comments refers to either. I'm having a conversation and now it feels like there are teams I don't know about. If I inadvertently joined one, could someone let me know which one?
[/QUOTE]
@witchgrass I hope I’m not guilty of this too as I haven’t a clue what happened? I love our group, it’s currently keeping me sane 👍 Was it personal comments re the chateau inhabitants or us? The only comments I’ve noticed about chateau inhabitants are about Philip? & I think he’s just sooooo polite & I feel sorry for him as they don’t seem to feed him properly & LOTLL often sits there laughing with treats & he has nothing 🙁

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
Once again, this "tradition' is from South of France, Provence. These birds are called ortolans and are seen as delicacies by Provence people.
The rest of France has never eaten this.

Sd I said, it's a tradition from some part of South France. The rest of France has never eaten this.
I'm sure. Its just TV being sensationalist. Same with the gannets / guga that Gordon Ramsey filmed in Scotland.

• Heart

Calvignac

Yes Stephanie does give month to month breakdown of her patreon money. She has confirmed that patreon money will go to non profit. 100% of it will go into renovation and nothing else. Dan and selmar will be paid through patreon money as their work comes under restoration category

And there will be another business set up where the bnb and youtube money will go. It is through this that nati and marry poppins will be paid. This is part of Stephanie's personal income. So no i dont think she will give a breakdown of youtube income. Although she did mention that she was able to book for the first time 1st class flight ticket for isobel france to south africa in light of corona from youtube income.

He other income includes rent from her london apartments through airbnb. Although at the current situation i dunno if she is getting rent or not.

And if patreon money is going 100% to renovation which in turn benifits nic and potts. Even though all the efforts of patreon is Stephanie's. Nic and Micheal seeem to be essentially getting their house renovated for free. I am sure the 3 of them have an arrangement where nic and micheal pay stephanie some money as well.
Nic and Marie are paying the renovations of their private apartment in the chateau with their own money.
Besides, Nic paid most of the big renovations in the chateau at the very beginning. Stephanie told her viewers in the first vlogs. Stephanie didn't pay anything at that time.

SJ mentioned in one vlog that she had no input at all into Nic and Marie's bathroom and was curious to see what layout and fittings they had chosen. So they must be organising that without her. I don't recall any mention of how it was being paid for though.
With their own money.

• Heart

sandro37

VIP Member
@Hemerocallis has written a Christmas carol for her. They could use it as a theme tune for advent vlogs 😂

This is comedy gold 😂
"Diagnosis: In urgent need of serious professional help. Despite the total insanity of his claims, there is unfortunately also a real danger that some people may actually listen to him."
Oh I wish I'd met him when I worked in New England back in the day (but I suspect he was still in school ???)
"you can allegedly in principle absorb so much energy that you won’t even need food (no, the sungazers haven’t really managed to grasp the idea that humans lack photosynthesis)" 😂 😂 😂

• Haha