Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SableOnBlonde

Was just looking at Stephanie’s Instagram. She’s posted a nice photo of Dan. Note, Dan’s comment. 😆 what do we make of it?
5421D5A9-F12C-428D-938E-AEC615B28FCE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Raspberrybrulee

A Donegal woman was besmirched
For her knock-off Shat-O merch
I’m an honest Irish vendor
said our dear friend Brenda
Just ask Father O’Flaherty at the church

• Haha
  • Heart

ChocLili

It has been mentioned that Stephanie rents her London flat. Has anyone found the info on renting it?

If not, has she shown the exterior at any point? It’s definitely in a converted Georgian terrace house. But which one I wonder?
I lived in Angel, Islington for many years, curious to know if she was a neighbour.
This must be it.

B172F4AD-2305-4E68-A651-6973082D4A4E.jpeg

C11B36B9-4132-41C9-B1B1-1C1A87E07520.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
You may be right that they don’t interact much with locals or, and this is what I’ve always thought, it may be that those locals don’t really want to appear on some unknown vlog filmed by an eccentric local (half) English woman.
Or, maybe the locals know what's coming.............
Every patron (not just the higher tier donors) will receive - to quote SJ - "An annual invitation to a Summer Open Day at the Chateau de Lalande to see the progress of the renovations and to meet with me and the rest of the Lalande team". It is one of the benefits she offers. Covid, of course, put paid to it this year, but next year - ???
At present there are 2325 patrons. Obviously, not all will want to, or be able to go. But those that do will probably all want to bring their partner/friend/carer/probation officer with them, so it is more than likely to be a significant number turning up at the door, roughing up the pink gravel.
To my shame, my first thought when I found this out was: Souvenir Hunters! Lock up anything small and portable (although maybe this would be an ideal way to get rid of some of those tacky gifts).
My next thought (being ever practical) was: so many people, so few loos (better get cracking Selmar).
And then: SJ couldn't possibly play good hostess without, at the very least, bubbly and nibbles (going to need a bigger table Marie).
Also: whatever will the locals think if hundreds of superfans turn up at once? No doubt Mrs Gibbons will be offering bespoke coach tours for the chosen few.
I'm sure you will all have other takes on this, but I think it is asking for trouble.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Calvignac

Bonjour all ! Can anyone clarify from last nights vlog .... I noticed SJ said Nati is moving her desk to the upstairs bedroom that ‘Nic used to stay in’ ... I watched this when I was half asleep so I hope I’m correct here . Isn’t that the bedroom near to SJ’s that was supposedly ‘MP’s room’ when he stays & the bedroom they were going to grandly revamp for him and has anyone noticed there has been no reference to MP for ages ... even when she spoke about the Advert Calender she didn’t reference him - just said she’d be doing it with Philip, nor was there a mention about the bedroom nor previous plans for it. Even if this is a temporary move for Nati, this seems a little odd. I know there is lockdown and travel can’t take place, but she often gave a mention to Michael in previous vlogs . It’s my thought that LOTL is rather impetuous .... her excitement takes over any rational planning - f’rinstance, we haven’t heard anything further of the MP/SJ Chateau Vlog Channel (as if that suggestion never took place) Do we all feel there is a discreet distancing of MP taking place, or am I alone in this thinking ? Would love to know your thoughts ....
My feeling is that Stephanie J. is a child.
She needs Mummy to get the chateau ready for the BnB season while she's on holidays somewhere around the world.
She plays with people (preferably young - the older ones never stay for long at the chateau), then forgets about them.
She gets excited for nothing and knows what to do to get it.
My opinion is that people need to be very strong and stable in their mind (if you can say this in english ?) to "survive" around her. Marie (Nick's Marie), Natti and Selmar belong to this category of people.
Not sure for the others (even Cat who's very young).
I enjoyed her first videos when everything was light, spontaneous, fun with "normal" people - I mean people of more or less her age, less influenced by her flamboyance.
This story with Brenda...not sure Stephanie has the good role in this TBH. It seems that she's good at sending her cannon fodders to the front line while keeping safe in her chateau.
I don't know how this will end up. But certainly not as it has started more than one year ago now. A shame.

• Heart

Seeingitasitis

VIP Member
I have looked at the latest Chateau Life offering. Beyond belief. Phil and Billy Petherick have come up with an idea for a new channel - wait for it - they are going to visit new chateau owners and give them the benefit of their advice......They then proceed to go on a car journey to one such chateau whilst discussing what advice they would give - they have little idea and conflicting views. Billy says family and friends to help is the number one piece of advice. Phil looks uncomfortable. Phil admits that their presentation in the car is so bad that they know they do not really have any presentation skills and not surprised that Channel 4 TV has not come calling again. We don't get to meet the new chateau owners, (that is for the launch of the new shared channel) but are shown the outside of another which is due to change hands shortly and they are hoping to get in there - but the buyers are blissfully unaware of them as yet. Does this programme format - visiting chateau owners to advise - remind anyone of anything? It is so poor, it is shocking. I cannot see the Strawbridges or the Lalanders shaking in their shoes any time soon. And if I was on the point of buying a chateau, electric, lockable gates would be my priority. Perhaps MP should join them as he is so short of content.

2nites GG - I'm waiting for my dinner to cook :mad: and SJ has just mentioned going down a rabbit hole, mummy grabbing the gifts & Phillips truckload of allergies 😂 and its only a quarter of the way through 😂😂
I skipped to the Selmar's new shirt section - and was rendered speechless. What that man has to go through for a few ghastly threads and a mountain of dog chews.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Well, as you can see from my first post earlier I am new here and not quite got the hang of it yet - I was trying to say well done to @ChocLili for the poem but the first bit of my reply disappeared.
Anyway, hello everyone and thanks so much to one and all for helping me escape from the clutches of the sugary sweetness of Lalande superfans. My wellies were being sucked off trying to wade through all that treacle on the SJ vlog comments and facebook page offerings. My own fault, I know, for falling under the spell of SJ and filling pointless hours with reading it all. I still love her youtube vlogs and admire so much about her, but have been increasingly uneasy about so much about the whole setup. I began to think I was a Very Bad Person, because all I could see were adoring comments. I now know (thanks to you all) that negative comments were deleted, but I am not very wise to the ways of social media etc. - and I thought I was the one out of step and shame on me for daring to think anything other than good things. I'm all for positive reinforcement, unconditional love and support, but come on, nothing is that good all the time! So, it's great to find a place where I can feel more at home and can feel human again.

• Heart

PeacockQueen

I noticed that too, definitely a little dig. Can't really blame Nati though, Marie's 'florals' have had me scratching my head for a while. And then she sits there holding a bunch of weeds.....
She is coming across increasingly childlike recently..... with all her "ooh flowers" schtick acting like she's never seen one before, like that time recently she made them stop the car so she could photograph flowers at the side of the road which were completely underwhelming and went on for far too long, and honestly her childlike wonderment on that walk was like she had just arrived on Earth from Mars.

It used to be endearing but sitting there clutching 6 straggly weeds and a mushroom and refusing to put them down to drink her champagne was a bit silly

Can't work out if she is genuinely obsessed with every single leaf and twig she catches sight of, or if its a bit faux "flower hippie" for her brand

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

ChocLili

Random things we found out in the latest CD vlog.
  • Prince Philip is royally allergic to citrus
  • Mushrooms are mesmorising
  • Kat is not afraid to call out SJ’s hoarder tendencies (bravo)
  • Many of the past gifts are surely amongst the pile of ‘to go’ items
  • 4G internet is your friend (if you can find it in amongst the haystacks)
  • SJ needs to grab one or two of those pretty gift boxes and rise her newly-desked laptop to eye level
  • Mummy’s apartment will be stripped bare by the time she and old Percy inhabit it again
  • Selmar was either at “the beach” again or he has dry-walled himself inside the downstairs loo.

• Haha
  • Heart

NotAChatelaine

VIP Member
Casting aside the Machiavellian machinations of That Woman, who I hope receives her just desserts sharpish, I enjoyed Sunday's Georgian cooking. The aubergine and walnut combo looked just up my street. All very interesting and I've been reading about Georgian cooking - about which I knew zilch before Sunday - and poring over recipes. Another of those entertaining and informative vlogs that SJ does so well.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Takeaway

@ChrissyNH &
@frenchessence me neither & this has made me so happy, all the threads are so interesting & I love it. Theres so many of us now it takes ages to catch up 👍 There’s always someone intelligent & witty on here. I too thought the sugary comments on Facebook & the YouTube comments were ridiculous. I was flicking through my phone a few weeks ago waiting outside the local Chinese Takeaway & put Stephanies name into google to look at her blog & up flashed this site. I didn’t know such places existed & I have been hooked ever since. (That’s why my name is Takeaway, not very classy like yours but it’s all I could think of as I was desperate to read all your posts 🙏) thanks to everyone on here it’s a brilliant site 😍

• Haha
  • Heart

Hemerocallis

VIP Member
Like this one
#the 12 days of junk
@Viva La Loca

Inspired me to put new lyrics on an old song, version Lalaland (Should do other things but 🙄):
In brackets text for the choir.

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my patrons sent to me
Twelve plates gold-plated, (love these)
Eleven scarves pleated, (beautiful)
Ten toiles for draping, (gorgeous)
Nine volunteers cleaning, (you're a genius)
Eight aprons for cooking, (thank you)
Seven cups for drinking, (beautiful)
Six portaits a-ppalling, (let's frame it)
Five golden trims, (gorgeous)
Four falling stars, (never seen such)
Three pricy pens, (thank you so much)
Two garden gloves, (beautiful)
And a peacock in a pear tree!

• Haha
  • Heart

chillijam

Kats the only voice of reason with all that clutter - hardly princess behaviour! She's not sucking up to SJ like little P all the time, he doesn't seem to do anything except play with fabrics now and again. Kat's actually getting properly stuck in and getting things done on her own.

• Heart

Don't tag me, there's a support forum!
Hi all, it's not gone unnoticed that a few here have joined to try and disrupt.

Our rules are pretty simple and explained here https://tattle.life/threads/the-rules-of-tattle.10944/

But basically it's against the rules to police what others say (for everyone's sake) as that gets a mess. Either report, keep scrolling or ignore the user. If you want to leave it's against the rules to flounce, as it only disrupts the thread and is exactly what the influencers want.

• Heart

soll

I think that SJ has charm and ability but likely hasn’t done a proper days work in her life
That's ridiculous! She has a nice life and regular holidays, but I don't see her as a lazy person at all. It's a lot of work to produce five videos a week, plus all the stuff behind the scenes. Running a B and B and hosting workshops is also work, as is dealing with an ever changing bunch of volunteers in recent years. Don't denigrate the admin work she did for her family business either. Millions of people wouldn't be deemed to do a 'proper days work' by your definition, but they keep the economy and society going in the roles they do perform.

• Heart

ChocLili

people, I guess I am from a different world, who in their right mind send the half a ton heavy old AGA stove to England during pandemic????
It was only the front section that he sent back the UK (because, you know, nobody in France can repair enamel!). I thought I read somewhere (this thread?) that there are issues with the front too so I guess that will also need to be replaced.

Anyway, I’ve managed to get a special preview of the completed Aga after all the new parts are installed.

3A1E966E-7318-41C3-B6A7-7E6B8444240B.jpeg

• Haha

ChocLili

Was just about to post the same thing! Interesting to read that someone said that she was pleased that Dan and Annelise's vlog was winnigna nd was told by BG "not to get her hopes up as lots had happened since that result." Given that they were at 61%that stage, I wonder what she has up her sleeve.
Brenda Gibbons-Trump school of election interpretation.

• Haha

ChocLili

I love you all fellow CD thread Tattlers, every one of you, old and new, from wherever you are in our wide world, whatever your native language is. You make me chuckle, you make me think, you open my eyes and sometimes make me close them.

And to the vloggers, who we vainly believe (know?) are reading - I respect your willingness to embrace public social media platforms, show us your lives (real, staged, boring, amazing, surprising) and subject yourselves to all forms of commentary.

Even the ‘superfans’, who I am perhaps most critical of but realise that are part of this crazy journey also, are brave and surely do what they do with mostly good intentions.

I observe and react from behind the safety of a 2CV, unlike the subjects of our wonder. Kudos.

So then, back to it Tattle team . . .

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

witchgrass

VIP Member
Well, as you can see from my first post earlier I am new here and not quite got the hang of it yet - I was trying to say well done to @ChocLili for the poem but the first bit of my reply disappeared.
Anyway, hello everyone and thanks so much to one and all for helping me escape from the clutches of the sugary sweetness of Lalande superfans. My wellies were being sucked off trying to wade through all that treacle on the SJ vlog comments and facebook page offerings. My own fault, I know, for falling under the spell of SJ and filling pointless hours with reading it all. I still love her youtube vlogs and admire so much about her, but have been increasingly uneasy about so much about the whole setup. I began to think I was a Very Bad Person, because all I could see were adoring comments. I now know (thanks to you all) that negative comments were deleted, but I am not very wise to the ways of social media etc. - and I thought I was the one out of step and shame on me for daring to think anything other than good things. I'm all for positive reinforcement, unconditional love and support, but come on, nothing is that good all the time! So, it's great to find a place where I can feel more at home and can feel human again.
Nothing is worse than tripping down a rabbit hole and not finding a single skeptic to talk about it with. I felt like I spent four months in a room full of women with no gaydar.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This has been the vlog that has kept on giving! My attention was mainly drawn to the fact that, with all that china choice, could there not have been a more appropriate vessel to showcase the magnificent khachapuri than the teeny side plates? Something oval? Even a good old-fashioned dinner plate would have been miles better...
Oh oh I see a trip to the brocante and/or expensive porcelain shop to purchase a specific plate to showcase said khachapuri

Good on Isabelle for reading through our Tattle! That’s the only way they’ll get any form of constructive criticism. What’s the saying- ‘keep your friends close but your enemies tattlers closer’ Not that I think in any way we are the enemy🥰 but couldn’t think of a better way of describing our ongoing interest/support/microscopic investigation.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19