Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
I been trying to work out what happened. But yes no longer happening!
He didn't start let alone finish the item of clothing he was going to make with the very expensive high quality silk fabric SJ gave him.
SJ hasn't shown the painting of her as the lady with the unicorn so presumably he hasn't finished that either.
He didn't take the yellow wool and create something for SJ whilst she knitted him a cushion cover when on holiday with Mason.
I do seriously think he was the one found flat out after letting themselves into the alcohol room (omg, where did i get that info from, unless it was just made up to be salacious about Tomaz)

Stephanie strikes me as a very sentimental girl, keeping anything that reminds her of someone she loves.
Me too. I'm very attached to all my unstylish bits and bobs for that very reason. Have even had dreams freaking out that a particular item has gone. Its ok pyschobabblers I do realise that this is because of great losses at a young age.

I just wonder at times if her taste is a reflection of her borderline kitsch love or is it a business decision to hoarder everything with the most expensive price tag
Expensive taste. Wanting to express 19c eclectic bohemian. Very much a magpie coveter.

the exes / coowners + somehow Olivier who has semi crush on her are as you say her friends - but at the end of the day they are not, she just knows them best and they are well connected themselves
the rest is here to be used either now or later, she collects people as someone mention, they all will come at handy at some point, especially barons, restaurant owners and alike, the rest she uses for what they are worth and then let then go (they basically never return like MP)
You are only as strong as your network 😉

@66carola @Calvignac 'Must be Latins / Slavic versus Anglo-Saxons 😂'
Definitely a cultural difference. Have you met British men 😂

The HOT Georgian Chef could have self-combusted ! He was almost SCORCHING 🥵
😂 😂 :love:

@Heathcliffe Superb analogy. Tragic Flaw 🙇‍♀️
and everything else you said. Love your perspective & articulate wit :)
(y):) Me too, eloquent wit from our Londinium fellow tattler

For him to outright admit that he has no ideas for content is confirmation of what I have known all along.

Everything that comes out his mouth his absolute horse-shit - all the times he's made up some bogus "factoid" on the spot to try and sound knowledgeable and pseudo intellectual always had me in fits of laughter at his ridiculousness.

Never has there been a better example of "The Emperor's New Clothes".

Begging Boy has finally been revealed for what he is - a boring, lazy, one dimensional, one trick pony.

An empty vessel.
Empty vessels makes the most noise

but he hasn't got any street credibility with a younger crowd or DIY men.
If he had any sense he would target the pink pound as well.
Nope, 'DIY men' or women - not happening - he doesn't know what he is doing and is too arrogant to admit it and show his learning curve as the journey.

Attached the said portraits 🤭
Standard GCSE art drawing from a photo using the grid method. Lacking in a personal developed drawing style / ability, no depth of tone or expression. Probably got a piece in the museum in the community room.

And ... SJ mocks MarieW too much. The boxes MW bought for her floral 'studio' from Emmaus for example.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

ChrissyNH

I noticed that all the letters now with the Giftgrabs say how much they are looking forward to visiting Lalalande next year. I’d be very worried that all these new ‘friends’ are going to be popping in as soon as travel restrictions are lifted.

When the world knows where you live you need some boundaries
I thought this too. It’s as if some people don’t realise there are literally thousands of others like them out there with exactly the same idea. ‘ I hope to be able to volunteer there next year’ they all say. 🥴

Seeingitasitis

VIP Member
Oh no, just saw latest patreon video. I really never ever wanna see Selmar dance tango again. Does he only know these one move? And to top it he danced with PP... They seem to have only one playlist to dance to. Can't wait to see what you guys think about it ☺ but Ruth was in a good mood! Though She gave up on getting dressed near Stéphanie I believe.
And does SJ have some inflammation near the eye? First signs of stress?
I absolutely loved the dancing in the kitchen section. And for me, Selmar and Philip dancing together was a highlight. Cat and Nati dancing was also good fun - Cat really strutting her stuff. I love these people. I know I will be unpopular and criticised for saying that I actually really like Philip. For me, there cannot be enough footage (except the cadeaux channel is not for me). May the dancing never stop,

• Heart

wintering

Oh man things are really getting heated about Brenda on these FB groups! Seems like people have been catching on about her scams. Good riddance I hope.

Tonight's vlog was a lot of fun. Glad that SJ has internet now. I don't mind Philip as a camera man, actually. Are they all going to stay around for Chrsitmas? Marie already said she's going home, wonder if Philip will stay.

SJ really treats him like a younger brother.

• Heart

66carola

Chatty Member
Thank you to the Tattle New Threaders!

I have found - using information freely available on't internet so not a covert operation breaching cyber security protocols - Brenda's house. Actually, I wouldn't normally do such a thing as it is invading privacy, even it's the easiest thing in the world to find. BUT I feel that Brenda's controlling manipulation of circumstances and her intent so questionable that my inherent hesitation has been supplanted by the barefaced cheek of this woman.
Thank you to the Tattle New Threaders!

I have found - using information freely available on't internet so not a covert operation breaching cyber security protocols - Brenda's house. Actually, I wouldn't normally do such a thing as it is invading privacy, even it's the easiest thing in the world to find. BUT I feel that Brenda's controlling manipulation of circumstances and her intent so questionable that my inherent hesitation has been supplanted by the barefaced cheek of this woman.
Have to look if there's a Ryanair flight going so I can stop by and talk directly to her 😂😂

Latest cadeaux was kind of nice, I liked it how they showed how the presents are used. Some people are really talented out there and fun. Finally we saw Mandy, let's be nice to her😊

• Haha
@ChrissyNH I hate to feel I’ve painted someone in a bad light or even tinted them slightly so after reading your comment I went back and randomly picked Diary no32 to rewatch. There is definitely a more laid back Stephanie (Gerry is still the same!) and the vlog is much more engaging, shorter I admit, but far more content, less name dropping/advertising, more about the stuff I want to see ie French chateau life. Channels have to move forward to keep interest but now it seems driven by other forces and somehow a switch has been flicked and all seems a bit more manic almost, less relatable.

PeacockQueen

Trotter Boy hasn’t come in terms with his mediocrity. His vlog will improve 100% when he drops his facades. That Michael we saw in Lalande a year ago needs to come back.
That person never existed, it was always just a reflection of SJ's vivacious personality onto a one dimensional stooge. As soon as she is removed from the scene - Poof! The illusion exposed. Smoke and Mirrors.

Same for everyone who has tried to set up a channel on the back of her success.

She's like the Sun - everybody looks bright and shiny in her orbit, but when the Sun goes down you realise they are all just fragments of rock and space dust aimlessly floating in the black nothingness.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

peony89

I also found Marie pretty annoying in the Georgian food vlog. The splitting the table in half 'joke' is wearing thin and her attitude was bordering on rude. The chef's cooking was creating content for a whole vlog, who knows how much £££ that creates in terms of ad revenue?

I think SJ is sometimes too relaxed and the extra characters forget it's her house! And equally if they're using the kitchen to film, then surely the dished produced can be used for dinner with some cheese and crackers or something. No need for lots of petulant sulking.

• Heart

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
Remember the “appalling art” Hanni/MP debate? Well I can’t believe I’ve just done this but I thought we could have some fun comparing nose profiles and eyebrows... I think the pictures speak for themselves!
Two super recognisers in this house and we both still think it's MP at the wheel. We need to hijack NASA image analysis software. Sod the terrorists this is way more important :ROFLMAO:
I listened to the 'appalling art' comment with headphones on and sure did sound like Hani

• Haha

Calvignac

But then I wouldn't consider your parents "normal" but rather extraordinary. Normal to me would be a 8 to 5 job with 2000 euro (or even less) bring home salary in Europe. Maybe paying of an apartment or little house. And I believe most of us had a little help from parents ;) SJ right now makes more money than average.
My parents were normal with small wages I can assure you (low rank civil servants). They did everything by themselves for the renovations. And they would have never asked anybody for financial help.
But they didn't go to expensive holidays, rather camping sites, didn't buy Fauchon tea and coffee (only supermarkets quality) or candles from Trudon.
I suppose it depends on your mindset. Each to their own.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Calvignac

It amazes me to read the comments from the American fans.
Now they all believe that the Christmas cake Stephanie made in her latest vlog is a French cake for a French tradition.
It seems that they have no idea of what is an English Christmas cake and only vaguely know what a fruitcake is.
Of course they have no idea of bûche de Noël, the French traditional Christmas cake.
It's a fact that Stephanie never explains in her vlogs that she cooks mostly British meals/dishes etc.
The same way she doesn't explain why they celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving which are not French traditions.
I mean it's OK to do what you want of course.
But when you have a vlog about a French chateau in France with a very large American audience who doesn't necessarily knows the difference between the European countries traditions, she could explain a bit more. IMO.

66carola

Chatty Member
I've just finished watching over-exaggerated ovations for yet another apron and yet another scarf
with this, I am officially welcoming Agent Pileofallergies, Agents Aliceinwonderland and Agent Magpie,

the footage at the end was Gold - it was like from a hostage video :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: especially princess Philip, lord, he is supposed to be an actor but he cannot even fake-smile 😂
I don't watch the Cadeaux but I don't mind them. I do feel she is genuinely grateful and just well-behaved to want thank everyone, so no matter if an apron again or the super gift. Also she donates the revenue which she doesn't need to. But the very last group foto is really awkward, I wouldn't agree taking it as a volunteer.

Love this idea - I probably would never send a present but I would donate this way !
Though I admit that recently when I saw a lovely spode cup my first thought was: "SJ would love it" 😂😊🙄

• Haha

Fuzzypeg

Im with a couple of others here about the change in this forum and saying cheerio. There are also some on here that seem to pipe up with a lot of self importance but throw teddy out of the pram when they are challenged. The forum originated from what I can tell because of those of us that liked to watch Chateau Diaries but had ‘queries’ and were above the saccharine gushing of the superfans. This gave us a chance to mull it over among similar minds.

@Hemerocallis- I suspect they’ve gravitated over here.....
I agree, a very mischievous influence arrived here. like the moderator rules state do not reply to there comments . Don’t leave that’s there aim!

Last edited:
  • Heart

sandro37

VIP Member
my 2 cents on the jarvis princess - 1st she has clearly peter pan syndrome and she can hide narcissism quite well - I will elaborate>
she and her mother clearly think that they are somehow superior, mostly because the princess went to Ox-bridge and could sing (mostly off tune but...) she looked good, was blond and skinny, could speak French and English fluently, traveled to Africa and Singapore as very young, there was always attention from the young age, if not from Alzheimer patients then from boys,
notice that she doesn't go along with girls who tell her something different that she wants to hear (Nutty is good in ass kissing, but Kat is not and it is fun to watch)
she is trying so hard to be cool and collected but one can tell that she wants to be the one who is reading the gift messages, she wants to be given stuff but I seriously admire how well she can hide it but somehow always manages to make it about her or that the best thing (the things she likes - the most expensive or rare ones of course) need to go her bedroom
I understand that it is not democracy there and the house belongs to her but I doesn't stop to amaze me how well she pretends that she cares for others or that it is fun and laughter - until someone steals her lame light (last time it was the guy who cooked some Georgian food - did you notice how stressed and clear gazed she became, she didn't understand how come he gave more attention to Kat)
the funny part is when she actually likes a guy (cannot be whoever but rich guy - lets not forget, she likes attention but she wouldnt date the average joe) so last time there was a goat guy she had such a high pitched laughter it was unbearable, but funny part is that the goat guy likes the goats more and it somehow skips him =]
for now it is enough i don't want to bore you

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry

lolander

VIP Member
now I see that there is something else going on in this thread, to explain I am just reading through the first one but I cannot comment there anymore, I agree with every comment said on the first page of the first thread and I love that people notice,
maybe they dont understand what that child like behaviour is - it is indeed peter pans syndrome - garry is possibly her wendy (in that theory, there is a protective element who keeps them child like referred to as wendy) and she has weird attachment to her father

there are different types of NPD and that need for attention and to be the best one in the room just fits the description (this is just one of many things)
Possibly, but I don't really know her. All I see is few short glimpses of her life, which she edits together to her liking. I wouldn't go so far to give her a personality diagnosis based on them.

Last edited:

frenchessence

Chatty Member
And don't let me start with this story of brown sugar.
Just because Stephanie said half laughing that there's not SOFT brown sugar in France, all the American superfans believe that France doesn't know brown sugar and give their own recipe to make proper brown sugar!
Some comments try to say that brown sugar (granulated not soft) exists in France but it's lost for most of these superfans.
Sometimes I really wonder about Stephanie.
I agree with you entirely. I live in France and regularly buy both soft and granulated brown sugar . Anyone living here would support the fact that the food/grocery shops in France are amongst the finest in the world . Brown sugar is a basic. Certainly if you’re in Paris as I am, or other french cities /towns you can get anything at all - including English foods such as Marmite - and even some American products, for instance, in Le Grande Epicure which is part of Bon Marché. I too looked at Ms Jarvis & thought ‘Really ?’ I wonder where she shops 🤔 Look out for dozens of packets of soft brown sugar from the USA (and tons of Spode gold Fleurs de Lys china in up & coming Cadeaux at the Chateau 😉)

• Heart
  • Haha

Pno

VIP Member
I would agree to disagree. Life is more complicated than 2 apartments or1 house. But that's not the point of this forum.

She has only 2 ex boyfriends around her still stuck to her despite their own family being there too.
Ah and a supposed boyfriend somewhere in America too busy to be gazing at the sun to bother coming to Lalande (even before lockdown).
Oliver... Ok but he rarely visits or only for a few days or somewhere else on holidays monitored by his wife.
David... He has disappeared even before lockdown.
Ruthie (MPotts current gfriend) seems to barely tolerate being filmed. Oliver’s wife who is stunning only seemed to be jealous that SJ had fancier accommodations. Nic’s wife Marie does not seem to spend any one on one time with SJ either. It is very odd that a 45 year old woman does not have any female friends her age and from her same background ie: Oxford. And who wouldn’t want to come party in a Château in France for the weekend? God knows her Uni crowd has means and most of them have had careers too. For friends SJ basically has sycophants ie volunteers.

• Heart

wintering

Something about Mason
Oh yes, I remember that. I'm from New England and after seeing Mason on the vlogs last year, I realized reading that about Bolton Valley Ski Resort, one of the main skiing areas near Burlington VT. Mason is definitely old money, by American standards.

Also, he's one of these New England hippie types. Although this sungazing thing he is/was into is definitely super weird. SJ definitely knows how to pick the characters. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3435251/

Last edited:
  • Heart