Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
Good Morning Isabelle. Don't change yourself because you read something here. Check out Jennie Mai's mother on 'Hello Hunnay with Jeannie Mai' on YouTube. Their dynamics are hilarious too.
Oh , as well, we would like to know which charity's the gift grab has donated to. May I suggest this www.smilefoundationsa.org. At the end of the day you do live an extremely privileged second home life in one of the most fraught countries in the world.

an interesting parallel with the overseeing nurse :)
She is a typical old school matron. I bet there would be no mrsa or cv-19 on Isabelles ward.
She should join the WHO or the 5 eyes. One withering stare from her will make winnie the pooh wish he had never unleashed cv-19 onto the world.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

arwensgal1975

VIP Member
Some of the comments on the latest vlog are something else. A few are having a go at Kat and want her to leave, stating she thinks she's the new princess and Lalalande and shouldn't be throwing things out.

• Wow
  • Angry

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
I agree re stopping the present sending if she can. It would be more charitable if this Christmas she asked people to donate just the intended postage amounts to charity for 6 months. Set up a funding page for a charity and celebrate all fans contributing to a goal. That would unite her fans and also aid her brand. I mean how many aprons, coffee cups, napkins do people expect them to use?
Yes, she needs to call a halt to it all, especially since she was opening gifts that had arrived in August! I suppose people will still send stuff though. She should announce that while she is extremely grateful for all gifts received hereto, she needs to end this craziness! Any she gets from now on, the sender can be thanked individually or maybe a list put up at the end of a vlog, or on Facebook/ Instagram. I actually enjoy seeing CATC, but hate the end where they all grin inanely wearing tea cosies, aprons, assorted fabric remnants while holding Spode plates or seed packets, 😡.

• Haha

La Brocanteuse

I think Cat may be out of luck, Levan clearly only has eyes for his khachapuri (and yes we have all now clocked the totally inappropriate Spode thanks to @La Brocanteuse 👏)
Thank you @C’est la vie! Part of the pleasure of having such a large collection surely comes from being able to use the right dish for the job. I collect ‘raviers’ (hors d’œuvre dishes found abundantly in places like Emmaüs) and they are brilliant for croissants, avocado on sourdough etc., and would be perfect for khachapuri!

Attachments

Minxxx

It always strikes me how little they're integrated to the local community.
I thought the same. My partner and I are seriously considering buying a money pit/chateau, so we’re learning French in order to really get involved in the community where we end up. Stephanie never seems to venture to the local town unless it’s to go to the Brocante. Even there she never sees people she knows unless it’s Dan and family.

PeacockQueen

In between contriving fake bedroom vistas

And causing knock-off knick-knack sweat shop blisters

Donegal’s Walter Mitty

Chairing her self-serving solo committee

believes she really is the Lalande brand cat's whiskers!

• Haha
  • Heart

Tuba

Been silently reading on this site and happy to see the funny/problematic/weird side of CD and SJ. Btw has anyone mentioned the very flirtatious conversations b/w Kat and Levan? Definitely something there. She was practically throwing herself on him. Still like her.

• Heart

ChocLili

Ha Ha - either I have been kicked off Escape to Shat-o La La Land or the site has gone down! I think I must have rattled her last time and I suspect may we have someone here feeding back to her! No matter, it was becoming increasing nauseating there as her disciplines scrabbled to defend her!
I can confirm for you that the Escape to Shat-o-La La Land FB page is still very much alive. I’m afraid you may have been ejected. Don’t worry - it’s not even an O F F I C I A L page . . . I don’t know what I’m doing there - its not OFFICIAL!!

• Haha

Rory

VIP Member
I really can't stand PP as part of the vlog production. I can't believe I care so much.

• Heart
  • Haha
Couple of observations from the cheese boat episode (gave me indigestion just watching that amount of cheese eaten so late at night😮)
-How cross did Maries ‘onion‘ chopping sound at the start of the vlog!
-I noticed there was now a tea towel divide on the kitchen table compared to the previous Georgian food vlog. Boundaries, boundaries!
-Marie probably miffed as both of the dishes Levan cooked she can’t eat😟

• Haha
  • Heart

66carola

Chatty Member
she has many old ex BFs and she would be covert not overt and the "true" goes only one way (although Potts seems to be into himself), for me this is just the long time observation, there is another possibility or addition to it - there is some histrionic nature coming through (points to weird father - daughter relationship either way)
I see nothing weird in her relationship with her dad. Sure, once people are dead you see only the good- that's a usual phenomenon. And on you tube nobody would speak bad about a deceased one. But I feel they had a loving relationship, sad thing is you don't see those many times anymore. Only Few people in Europe live with their parents in their adult life because it is considered weird. Which I find sad, people are missing out there a lot.

• Heart

SableOnBlonde

@Calvignac I believe you, the winters do look seriously cold at La Lande. I've been caught out in Paris in the winter - it is freezing, can't imagine Berry is much different. In ETTCDIY Dick thought she was nuts for not insulating the chateau roof....fur coat, no knickers

Last edited:
  • Haha

Calvignac

Blimey O’Reilly, looks like she might have a bob or two! Do we think she married well?! 😂😂
I love Donegal but the housing prices are not the same level as the ones in Dublin area. You can get here a very nice house with a "normal" budget.
She lives in a nice estate but still an estate. And no sea view to be seen (at least on Google maps).

Takeaway

Brilliant & it’s made me question again that Mummy is really the part owner & not Stephanie. Stephanie has stated a few times she had only helped out Gerry answering phones & a bit of admin whatever that means for her parents which wouldn’t have been enough to cover her being at Oxford Uni for 4 years then 2 years at Music School & be able to afford to buy a flat in London! & pay bills! Her parents must have funded the lot! No wonder Isobel acts like she’s the boss. Love the vlogs but sometimes nothing makes sense 😂

• Heart

frenchessence

Chatty Member
He didn't start let alone finish the item of clothing he was going to make with the very expensive high quality silk fabric SJ gave him.
SJ hasn't shown the painting of her as the lady with the unicorn so presumably he hasn't finished that either.
He didn't take the yellow wool and create something for SJ whilst she knitted him a cushion cover when on holiday with Mason.
I do seriously think he was the one found flat out after letting themselves into the alcohol room (omg, where did i get that info from, unless it was just made up to be salacious about Tomaz)

Me too. I'm very attached to all my unstylish bits and bobs for that very reason. Have even had dreams freaking out that a particular item has gone. Its ok pyschobabblers I do realise that this is because of great losses at a young age.

Expensive taste. Wanting to express 19c eclectic bohemian. Very much a magpie coveter.

You are only as strong as your network 😉

@66carola @Calvignac 'Must be Latins / Slavic versus Anglo-Saxons 😂'
Definitely a cultural difference. Have you met British men 😂

😂 😂 :love:

(y):) Me too, eloquent wit from our Londinium fellow tattler

Empty vessels makes the most noise

If he had any sense he would target the pink pound as well.
Nope, 'DIY men' or women - not happening - he doesn't know what he is doing and is too arrogant to admit it and show his learning curve as the journey.

Standard GCSE art drawing from a photo using the grid method. Lacking in a personal developed drawing style / ability, no depth of tone or expression. Probably got a piece in the museum in the community room.

And ... SJ mocks MarieW too much. The boxes MW bought for her floral 'studio' from Emmaus for example.
@Viva La Loca 😂 Museum Community room .... or the Gift Shop where items of questionable taste frequently hang out .
Stephanie couldn’t take her eyes off the portrait itself. She was silent for a while as she gazed in faux-awe before & gathering her thoughts.....which of course were ”Let’s frame it !” 😂

I’m astounded at SJ’s continued supreme acting abilities in Gift Grabbers. Honestly. how she remains straight-faced at some of that tatt is simply beyond me.

In the unlikely event it all goes wrong at Lalande, that girl has a brilliant career ahead of her on the stage.

• Haha