The Chateau Diaries #33 Starring she who shouts from balconies, written and directed by Tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK :D
If a Spring Clean is ever done and thats a big IF, will the mystery Cleaning Lady be taking part in it?
Is it just a Summer job or an all year one?
How many hours a week does she work? 40? 20? 2? 30minutes?

Incidentally, is there a Washing Lady too or does each inhabitant wash their own clothes / towels / bedding?
I think if they read this, we will see them hiring more people when lockdown is over to do cleaning and laundry etc. They definitely need a team of cleaners without a doubt! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I rewound to confirm that as well! Probably another reason he doesn’t want to be in the house.
Perhaps he isnt 'allowed' in the house either because someone has an allergy or with the smoke staining the decor and the dirty ashtrays that would never do!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Perhaps he isnt 'allowed' in the house either because someone has an allergy or with the smoke staining the decor and the dirty ashtrays that would never do!
SJ referred to MPK’s smoking as a “dirty habit” in one of the older vlogs I watched last year and in another vlog they were at a party at his family’s location where she wore that yellow “custard” dress that she almost seemed to fall out of and he was smoking there as he was dancing about? 😉

It's been well revealed in previous threads. She knows. They know.
I will have to spend months catching up with reading! 😊

Reactions: 3
Just putting this out here again, since SJ is reading here and using our information instead of doing her own due diligence anyway and apparently she wants to move Selmar to the back, tucked away for prying eyes.
French planning laws forbid the permanent installation of a mobile home on private land, whether your own, or that of another person. They must either be installed either on a residential leisure park created for this purpose, either a parc residentiel de loisirs or a village de vacance en hebergement.
Even where they are installed on an authorised site, it cannot be for a period longer than two consecutive years. This is to prevent these sites becoming used for permanent homes.
No formal permission is required to install a mobile home on private land for less than three months (15 days in a protected area), but beyond this timescale the owner must seek the approval of the planning authority. The three month period need not be consecutive.
Source: https://www.french-property.com/guides/france/mobile-homes

Interesting local news: a British couple is currently planning on setting up a campsite in Le Rimbert, a neighboring hamlet to the HMN. They will probably not like SJ’s practice of hosting camper vans long term.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
All the comments about when spring cleaning will happen, or who does it, makes me just laugh. It's clearly never been a priority in all these years ago so why does anyone think it's going to be remotely a priority now? They'll just carry on living with the guano, mildew, spiders webs, dirty clothes, moths, dust and general filth as always. The smears on cabinets, walls, splashbacks, floors etc just beggar belief. But hey ho, it's cocktail hour!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just putting this out here again, since SJ is reading here and using our information instead of doing her own due diligence anyway and apparently she wants to move Selmar to the back, tucked away for prying eyes.
French planning laws forbid the permanent installation of a mobile home on private land, whether your own, or that of another person. They must either be installed either on a residential leisure park created for this purpose, either a parc residentiel de loisirs or a village de vacance en hebergement.
Even where they are installed on an authorised site, it cannot be for a period longer than two consecutive years. This is to prevent these sites becoming used for permanent homes.
No formal permission is required to install a mobile home on private land for less than three months (15 days in a protected area), but beyond this timescale the owner must seek the approval of the planning authority. The three month period need not be consecutive.
Source: https://www.french-property.com/guides/france/mobile-homes

Interesting local news: a British couple is currently planning on setting up a campsite in Le Rimbert, a neighboring hamlet to the HMN. They will probably not like SJ’s practice of hosting camper vans long term.
Does any of this apply though if he takes off most w/ends and if its only his camper van that stays there?

Reactions: 4
Re cleaning - I mean where would you start?

Does any of this apply though if he takes off most w/ends and if its only his camper van that stays there?
He always takes the van on his weekends away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Now she's got Kristy for 2021. If I were a character at Lalande, I'd probably be a Kristy.
Has anybody noticed the way the chatelaine managed to get a sort of "yes" from Kirsty for the sheep ? Kirsty herself seemed surprised to have been involved in this story. And the way Stephanie suddenly changed the subject, speaking of what Dan was doing, not giving more time to poor Kirsty to object ?
And as the chatelaine is paying her for the gardening (and always in front of a camera), how could have she said "Hold on there, what do you mean exactly ?"
It was very revealing about Stephanie's usual way of getting work done by others... for free I suppose.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Of course it does: " The three month period need not be consecutive". I'm sure over the course of his stay there he spend more than three months at the HMN.

It's clearly never been a priority in all these years ago so why does anyone think it's going to be remotely a priority now?
Because she devoted more than one vlog to it?

SJ referred to MPK’s smoking as a “dirty habit” in one of the older vlogs I watched last year
It's mostly IJ who is against people smoking, going around with her broomstick telling everyone "Ziszis a non-zsmoking area".

He always takes the van on his weekends away.
Again, the period he can stay on private land (three months) need not be consecutive, so going away in the weekend won't help much.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
eah but she has money now. She can hire someone to take care of them. She has. Also Dan knew those chickens were little introverts. Shame on him.
I spent my childhood in a rural area in France, not far from Berry.

I had never seen this sort of chicken before. Only seen solid and robust country hens and chicken.

Those ones belong to a zoo or even an apartment ! I mean : they are not adjusted to an outdoor life with other "normal" chicken and other birds and animals.

It was obvious when I first saw them. What are they thinking ?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I had never seen this sort of chicken before. Only seen solid and robust country hens and chicken.
They're British, as she never sources anything local. These she got from Dan, left overs from when he was breeding them back in the UK. The previous lot (now all eaten by predators) came from eggs she brought from the UK. My friends had to borrow an incubator and hand raised these. Some of these breeds however can nowadays be found on local markets over there too.

It was very revealing about Stephanie's usual way of getting work done by others... for free I suppose.
She has an ugly tendency to film her workers just when they are having a break or lunch. Maybe she feels better to portray them as lazy, so she can identify better?

• Heart
French planning laws forbid the permanent installation of a mobile home on private land, whether your own, or that of another person.
I had been wondering about that campervan situation, too. I wasn't sure if any laws were broken because Selmar often moves around but I now realise that the three month period doesn't need to be consecutive. And he must have his permanent address in La La Lande because otherwise he wouldn't have been able to register as self-employed in France, right? I wonder how they are going to deal with this potential criminality.

Another thing I wonder is all their renovations. You can do a lot of things inside the house without a permit in France but if you touch the facade, then there needs to be paperwork. Aren't they going to enlarge the windows in Nutti's gîte? Is there paperwork for that? And did they file papers when the kitchen door to outside was made of a window originally? Is anything in this farmhouse up to code? :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They're British, as she never sources anything local. These she got from Dan, left overs from when he was breeding them back in the UK. The previous lot (now all eaten by predators) came from eggs she brought from the UK. My friends had to borrow an incubator and hand raised these. Some of these breeds however can nowadays be found on local markets over there too.
Are they OK to live with local chicken though ? Not sure...

She has an ugly tendency to film her workers just when they are having a break or lunch. Maybe she feels better to portray them as lazy, so she can identify better?
I noticed too the way Dan stopped eating his sandwiches when she interrupted their lunch.

I thought to myself : hmmm usually, workers' lunch break is sacred (in France at least ;) ) and when you have manners, you don't interrupted someone's lunch/dinner.

• Heart
I'm actually convinced that @Heathcliffe is Stephanie and I read his posts in her voice.

I'm a 5"7 175 lb Nic's Marie with a Kristy Moon and a Selmar rising.
Hah ha, my voice is rather different than her girly squeeks, you must try my voice more like Greg Wise (actor) ;) I have been told I sound like him from more than one person. He could be one of my brothers, we have things in common looks wise so I guess that triggers people to think of him too.

You might be right, but I doubt BJJ is aware himself. Every gay man I know, in a setting like at the HMN would be fairly open about being gay and would be vocal about the absence of sexual tention with other roommates and why. Apart from his reaction to the scandalous flirting of Loki Cleveland, he never talks about sex on camera. He might not actually enjoy banging his boss (as in getting his innermost fantasies turn real), there’s enough enticement for him to man up and do his “job”.
I do seem to remember when they all were asked about their love life (sex life in reality, people want juice) and Phillip said something about going without and suffering, and Cat sent him a look like "behave!" as if he had said something wrong...perhaps he was already giving service to her ladyship? Stephanie said "Tickety Boo" and was not going to tell, I don't blame her. Time for coming out though, don't you think Clara!

SJ referred to MPK’s smoking as a “dirty habit” in one of the older vlogs I watched last year and in another vlog they were at a party at his family’s location where she wore that yellow “custard” dress that she almost seemed to fall out of and he was smoking there as he was dancing about? 😉

I will have to spend months catching up with reading! 😊
Smoking tobacco must be the least of his dirty habits!

Has anybody noticed the way the chatelaine managed to get a sort of "yes" from Kirsty for the sheep ? Kirsty herself seemed surprised to have been involved in this story. And the way Stephanie suddenly changed the subject, speaking of what Dan was doing, not giving more time to poor Kirsty to object ?
And as the chatelaine is paying her for the gardening (and always in front of a camera), how could have she said "Hold on there, what do you mean exactly ?"
She flirts her way, the way women have learned to do...well the ambitious ones. I bet even Angela Merkel started with flirting, now she does not have to, but it is a long way to the top without playing

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Still on subject of AALL (Animals At LaLande). Who feeds, waters, cleans up, collects eggs, and generally looks after cats, sheep, chickens and peacock/hens when Selmar goes on his weekends away? Also as Selmar has admitted that he’s not a morning person (same as SJ) who collects eggs and does the morning feeding etc.?
I'm sure that there will shortly be a vlog about the animals of Lalande and how they are fed etc, as SJ clearly addresses everything brought up by Tattle. 😁

OK :D
If a Spring Clean is ever done and thats a big IF, will the mystery Cleaning Lady be taking part in it?
Is it just a Summer job or an all year one?
How many hours a week does she work? 40? 20? 2? 30minutes?

Incidentally, is there a Washing Lady too or does each inhabitant wash their own clothes / towels / bedding?
I think the cleaning lady is called Marie Paupin? a local lady. She's been some of the earlier blogs helping Isabelle in the garden, and at the Christmas or Easter parties pre pandemic ? They call her Mary Poppins . It seems a rather overwhelming task for one cleaner. Maybe she just does the guest rooms for the B&B?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I thought to myself : hmmm usually, workers' lunch break is sacred (in France at least ;) ) and when you have manners, you don't interrupted someone's lunch/dinner.
Well we all know SJ is rather handicapped in the manner department, don't we...

I think the cleaning lady is called Marie Paupin? a local lady.
Before my friends started living at the HMN, SJ interviewed people for the job of guardian. Marie Poupin was one of them and actually SJ's choice, because of her obvious work ethics. Marie Poupin chose to accept an offer at a different chateau in the neighborhood, no doubt because of better working conditions and employment benefits. She's only working a few ours for SJ cleaning and gardening, payed in cash, no official employment, on top of her real job at the other place, where she also lives with her husband.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I wonder if La La Land working hours are British or French. Obviously I am excluding Natti who is working 24/7. I still think they confuse being awake with working.
Oh and BJJ, my 7 year old nephew has an instagram account. He is able to take a few photos a week, post one or 2 with comments. How hard can it be? I think I could fobLA La's instagram account work from here using screen shots.
SJ and boys you are going to rue this wasted opportunity to have a clear S&M plan. It could be managed by a professional from anywhere.
Finally, I think BJJ is a virgin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
It was actually the best dress we all have seen her in, I think it was not too bad, though I don't know who she wanted to impress going braless? ulAnd I wonder why Nati was in white, too. Maybe Marie ordered a white dress code but the others didn't follow? As she ordered no cutlery and porcelain?
I quite liked her informal party. That farce at Easter with the ridiculous costumes just so they could have a buffet 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.