The Chateau Diaries #307 Stephanie Jarvis, how do other châteaux progress but yours does not?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the way back from the supermarket weekly shop today, I stopped at the farm shop. It has to be said that the fruit and veg on offer at the supermarket today was not good. Limp salad, imported tomatoes, wrinkled pears, and apples. So, at the farm shop, I got a lovely crisp, fresh salad cut about an hour before. Some baby courgettes. A nice fat red pepper. Both grown in their glass houses. Half a kilo of cherries from the orchard just outside the farm shop and some gariguette strawberries from the glass houses around the back. Let me tell you that the cherries and strawberries have the most amazing flavour.

If MarIE wants a suggestion for a traditional French and currently in season desert, look no further than cherry clafoutis. Almost forgotten by the French and considered old fashioned, it is beginning to make a comeback.
View attachment 2951673
Yes, also one of the traditional dishes of the Berry. I'm doing a little sleuthing around the world Fanny and Marie ignore -- one of the best books written about France in English is written about a hamlet 12 minutes away from Crozon sur Vauvre. So excellent, voices of the ahistoric recovered from the early 19th century from letters the writer found addressed to a woman of the village dead 50 years. She tracked them down for an amazing portrait -- her village Chassignoles, did not have a road or even a farm track leading to it until.....well into the 20th century. This was France. Also awaiting delivery of an obscure cookbook to swim all the way from France in Solignat patois which I don't speak either. Yay.
I love to think of your beautiful produce.The book, Celestine, features an old villager who turned down every opportunity to leave Chassignoles (having been something of a WWII hero). He sold the author her house and told her he would do a veg garden on the "good bit of earth" at the bottom of the yard. Which he did for 20 years until his death. It was the earth of Chassignoles that he loved and could not leave.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
TerriJansma-dn8go
2 hours ago
Phillip’s outfit reminds me of my Girl Scout uniform. Chuckling
---
@light181
6 hours ago
Sean’s universe at 15 minutes four seconds he goes to a brocant. The title ‘ I was shocked’ there is a beautiful mirror that would look Beautiful in your blue bedroom that you just redecorated. Maybe you could make a trip to visit the Petherick find out what Brocant this is.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@carolinegooder7091
3 hours ago
That is 5 hours away by car to that area of France. I know. I see beautiful tall display cases for the Lalande china room and there is no way to ship them easily. Michael doesn't drive
---
ISABELLE IS BUSY IN THE COMMEN5 SECTION.

@Vee-zx6eh
1 day ago
Hi Steph, may I ask, what is that curious cast iron thing with the chains on top of the old wood range in the kitchen where Amaury created that amazing work bench? What is it for? Thank you

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@isabellejarvis7805
20 hours ago
It is a plates warmer and grill

Isabell cannot think of any place to turn into a library and to display all of the party daddy Derek art.

@cindywilson7752
1 day ago
Does the chateau have availability to make a library/museum for your fathers art and with books in there they can sit and relax while resting their eyes.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@isabellejarvis7805
20 hours ago
Not really any suitable space I can think of!

@sindysimms4001
1 day ago
Thanks for brightening my day. Can the fox be trapped and relocated?

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@isabellejarvis7805
20 hours ago
Poor foxes they have a hard life everywhere and it is pups feeding season. It is up to us to protect from them!

@neilpickup237
19 hours ago
@isabellejarvis7805 Unfortunately it is not as simple as that. Of course animals need to be protected, however foxes do not make it easy. Most animals when faced with a hut full of chickens would take one and return as they needed. This is something a farmer or smallholder can accommodate.A fox however, will kill all but still just take the one and then have nothing to return to, this is more difficult to accommodate.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@isabellejarvis7805
19 hours ago
@neilpickup237 you are quite right. They are a challenge!

@nancym.s303
1 day ago
Speaking of Phillip's safari outfit. . . are Isabelle and Percy coming back to Lalande soon? And what about Gerry? The Chapel is beautiful, but personally, now that it is safe, I'd love to see the Grand Salon get moved ahead of yet more expense in the Chapel. May not be a popular opinion, but it's genuine and given with love

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@isabellejarvis7805
20 hours ago
We are coming back soon. I too want to see the grand salon getting started.

@neilpickup237
19 hours ago
@isabellejarvis7805 So looking forward to your return. As much as I love all the other characters at the chateau, it just isn't the same without you around saying it as it is! P.S. I can't wait until we can see your reactions to all the changes

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@isabellejarvis7805
19 hours ago
@neilpickup237 it is important Stephanie can trust my directness! It is done to help and not to please

@crae3422
1 day ago
Why would you stop work on the Chapel now when it is so close to being finished? It is such a work of art and will only become more so.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@carolinegooder7091
5 hours ago
Stephanie was talking about any aging patina being used on the ceiling. Once the bottom half of the chapel is finished, they may revisit that question.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
@timeless11973
26 minutes ago
I think the mirror would be better used for Phillip to check his outfits before continuing to make such fashion catastrophes.

@butzee
1 hour ago
That's not a good look Phillip?

@robynjones9379
10 hours ago
Those shorts on Philip are hilarious.

@mauralyons2713
14 hours ago
Love Grant's bored expression listening to the furniture discussion

@amysimpson646
5 hours ago
You desperately need a decorator. The beautiful lady from chateau love has excellent taste. Perhaps ask her for help. She would probably want to start with a rummage sale and taking Phillips credit card.

@susanweaver7878
8 hours ago
Sorry, Philip, I think those shorts would look better on Stephanie.

@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
Don't know what was worse the shorts or yesterdays shirt half in and half out..

@daniellehendriks5992
8 hours ago
Lancelot is learning that if he cries he get's attention or he is picked up. Thats puberty... Nip it in the but otherwise you have a dog who cries all day every day... He is cute.... that must be said

Kels0423
8 hours ago
I am worried about Lancelot and the Fox

@janehartman6871
17 hours ago
We lost a kittens with foxes when we moved into a different home. Be careful with Lancelot.

@kathyrose9608
14 hours ago
Any update on the fox situation? I worry about the remaining animals and Lancelot going out unsupervised. The fox could become blatent in its attempts to find food and come right up to the chateau

@Snooperz82
10 hours ago
Hello La Landers, Glad to see the renovations of the chapel coming along, I know I've personally learned so much along the way! I was wondering when we will get an update of the other workings/projects at the Chateau. For example, where are you in the heating project? Nati's room? China pantry? Grand salon? Plumbing after the disastrous leak? As lovely as these news videos have been, I do feel that the channel is stemming away from Chateau Life where views get to meet with volunteer, hear their work, seeing all the different projects that are taking place, seeing the movement of the Chateau, the charm of a community coming together to achieve a single goal. Now the channel just feels like a Philip and Stephanie daily travel vlog with their 'employees' popping their head in every once in a while.
Show less

@debbierudolph9489
8 hours ago
Yes, it is as if Stephanie is never at home anymore and this has become a travel vlog.
https://www.youtube.com/create_channel?upsell=comment
@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
@debbierudolph9489 100 percent agree.. last week South of France this week London.

@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
@caroleharden3055 Not everyone goes on holiday just about every week since Xmas so no not a renovation vlog

@debbierudolph9489
3 hours ago
@johngraham8794 The trip to Japan, South Africa, England, Belgium and I am sure there are more that I have forgotten.

@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
@debbierudolph9489 Think this is the 3rd UK trip, then there was Vienna and Venice..

@sarahfoster6765
15 hours ago
Bless him, Lancelot sounded like a deflating balloon or one of those party trumpets

Superfan Wendy.
wendygrimwood8122
16 hours ago
Pouring with rain today but I’m going to Chelsea to look at the Chelsea in Bloom then on to Patrick Mavros to see the Ardmore exhibit
You can try and deflect as much as you like Oh windy Wendy of the Brothers Grim, the voices of discontent have begun and hopefully will increase vlog by vlog.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
1. we know Stephanie made up the tale about a Fox cleaning out the henhouse.
2. Stephanie has planted comments in the CD comment section stating that a fox would never attack a tiny dog like.Ratso. Not true. Ratso is tiny and within the size of white range of an animal targeted by foxes. Also, a fox may also defend itself against an aggressive high prey tiny dog like Ratso.
3. Ratso still at risk of being attacked by peacocks, Eagles, hawks, owl, kicked by a pissed off sheep, attacked by larger dog, etc.
FOX ATTACKS DOG APPROXIMATELY SAME SIZE AS RATSO.

The fox lunges at the dog and then rebounds off the patio before chasing her onto the grass.Jackaranians are a crossbreed known for their inquisitive and alert nature. They measure up to 10 inches tall and weigh between six and 14 pounds.

Once there, the fox pins down the tiny 'jackaranian' and repeatedly bites and claws at her as she struggles to get away.

When it seems that the fox has completely overpowered Roxy, Mrs Carroll's husband Kenny comes rushing from the house screaming and waving his hands to break the pair up. Watch video below.

When it is a rat-dog, you cannot blame the fox for thinking it is food.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
My all time favorite cherry dessert! I hadn’t thought of it in years and now I have just the right excuse to pick up several punts of cherries!
They are absolutely delicious this year. Some years too tart, some years too sweet, this year perfect.

I also saw a recipe for a courgette clafoutis. A slim slice of that would make an excellent entrée perhaps with a tomato tartare. But not with a cherry clafoutis for dessert.
---
@timeless11973
26 minutes ago
I think the mirror would be better used for Phillip to check his outfits before continuing to make such fashion catastrophes.

@butzee
1 hour ago
That's not a good look Phillip?

@robynjones9379
10 hours ago
Those shorts on Philip are hilarious.

@mauralyons2713
14 hours ago
Love Grant's bored expression listening to the furniture discussion

@amysimpson646
5 hours ago
You desperately need a decorator. The beautiful lady from chateau love has excellent taste. Perhaps ask her for help. She would probably want to start with a rummage sale and taking Phillips credit card.

@susanweaver7878
8 hours ago
Sorry, Philip, I think those shorts would look better on Stephanie.

@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
Don't know what was worse the shorts or yesterdays shirt half in and half out..

@daniellehendriks5992
8 hours ago
Lancelot is learning that if he cries he get's attention or he is picked up. Thats puberty... Nip it in the but otherwise you have a dog who cries all day every day... He is cute.... that must be said

Kels0423
8 hours ago
I am worried about Lancelot and the Fox

@janehartman6871
17 hours ago
We lost a kittens with foxes when we moved into a different home. Be careful with Lancelot.

@kathyrose9608
14 hours ago
Any update on the fox situation? I worry about the remaining animals and Lancelot going out unsupervised. The fox could become blatent in its attempts to find food and come right up to the chateau

@Snooperz82
10 hours ago
Hello La Landers, Glad to see the renovations of the chapel coming along, I know I've personally learned so much along the way! I was wondering when we will get an update of the other workings/projects at the Chateau. For example, where are you in the heating project? Nati's room? China pantry? Grand salon? Plumbing after the disastrous leak? As lovely as these news videos have been, I do feel that the channel is stemming away from Chateau Life where views get to meet with volunteer, hear their work, seeing all the different projects that are taking place, seeing the movement of the Chateau, the charm of a community coming together to achieve a single goal. Now the channel just feels like a Philip and Stephanie daily travel vlog with their 'employees' popping their head in every once in a while.
Show less

@debbierudolph9489
8 hours ago
Yes, it is as if Stephanie is never at home anymore and this has become a travel vlog.
https://www.youtube.com/create_channel?upsell=comment
@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
@debbierudolph9489 100 percent agree.. last week South of France this week London.

@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
@caroleharden3055 Not everyone goes on holiday just about every week since Xmas so no not a renovation vlog

@debbierudolph9489
3 hours ago
@johngraham8794 The trip to Japan, South Africa, England, Belgium and I am sure there are more that I have forgotten.

@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
@debbierudolph9489 Think this is the 3rd UK trip, then there was Vienna and Venice..

@sarahfoster6765
15 hours ago
Bless him, Lancelot sounded like a deflating balloon or one of those party trumpets

Superfan Wendy.
wendygrimwood8122
16 hours ago
Pouring with rain today but I’m going to Chelsea to look at the Chelsea in Bloom then on to Patrick Mavros to see the Ardmore exhibit
Rumble, rumble, discontent.

And Wendy Grimreaper can just duck off. She obviously couldn't afford to stump up for RHS Chelsea herself. And, surprise surprise, Despicable fanny wasn't going to offer either. Bendyendy, why bother defending and supporting them. They don't give 2 Left-a-lots shits about you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Yeah, but that guy is cute.
Yes, Josh has charm. I wouldn’t call him cute but he has charm and talent and he dresses (or undresses) himself and behaves like a male, a young man with sneakers and gives away the alpha male vibe.

Trixie is just too much of nothing really… he is a weirdo and ruins everything.

BTW. Anyone seen that movie “Mothering Sunday” where Josh and his lover (in the story) go around fully naked most of the time? I just remembered the name, Olivia Colman plays his mother, because of the title I went to the movie theater to watch it with my mother 🫢 man she was embarrassed 🙈 😂 I wasn’t expecting either.

Independent European movies, my husband and I still make a point of watching them in the movie theater…

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Well @Pekey, the next Australia wide, covid wave is coming. It's an omicron variant called FLiRT, currently sweeping America and according to the ABC news, it's going to be huge. I thought something was up, as for the last four weeks the number of national covid deaths had been zero then bam. Last week it was 31. There's also an increase in RSV, leading to bronchitis and pneumonia.
Today, Australia had it's first case of a human infected with bird flu . . . a young girl travelling from India.
And there's also been a uptick in shingles. Mr GM has just had it. His Melbourne physio told him this afternoon that he has had a significant number of patients coming in for physio treatment who have recently had it. It's a viral soup out there.
---
I also saw a recipe for a courgette clafoutis. A slim slice of that would make an excellent entrée perhaps with a tomato tartare.
We need a lip smacking emoji.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
A badger would be an unfortunate run-in for the little chicken pest! Mummy seems to have some common sense regarding chickens and foxes. The Fort Knox building they are planning won't work with their measly fence, just saying. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Janeiro RoadSounds like she wants another 500k,get busy fools

@wscwarden5022
1 minute ago
Hmm... Interesting. A moment ago there were 4 comments here, now only two. Wonder what happened to the other comments.
and then @wscwarden5022 as if by magic this went poof too.
---
If PhiPhi LePew shook his finger at me like he does with Staphony I’d break it off and throw it in the moat!

View attachment 2950151
I'd throw it to Lancelot...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
They are absolutely delicious this year. Some years too tart, some years too sweet, this year perfect.

I also saw a recipe for a courgette clafoutis. A slim slice of that would make an excellent entrée perhaps with a tomato tartare. But not with a cherry clafoutis for dessert.
Courgette clafoutis is right up my strasse! Individual savoury clafoutis would be a terrific starter at Lalande. Loads of variations. Take note, MariE: Tattle is here to help.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yes, also one of the traditional dishes of the Berry. I'm doing a little sleuthing around the world Fanny and Marie ignore -- one of the best books written about France in English is written about a hamlet 12 minutes away from Crozon sur Vauvre. So excellent, voices of the ahistoric recovered from the early 19th century from letters the writer found addressed to a woman of the village dead 50 years. She tracked them down for an amazing portrait -- her village Chassignoles, did not have a road or even a farm track leading to it until.....well into the 20th century. This was France. Also awaiting delivery of an obscure cookbook to swim all the way from France in Solignat patois which I don't speak either. Yay.
I love to think of your beautiful produce.The book, Celestine, features an old villager who turned down every opportunity to leave Chassignoles (having been something of a WWII hero). He sold the author her house and told her he would do a veg garden on the "good bit of earth" at the bottom of the yard. Which he did for 20 years until his death. It was the earth of Chassignoles that he loved and could not leave.
Being transported back in time by local knowledge and ingredients .
What could be more charming?
Frk would be better off reading books like these rather than instagram fads.
The book sounds fascinating and absorbing.
Fanny is missing a trick but I have no clue how to educate the palette of Trixie. If they think Macdonalds is a treat, no hope.
Looking forward to a synopsis on the book.

• Heart
Thankyou for reminding me. This was an audio book on Radio 4 a few months ago, it was brilliant. From memory I think she/they (her and her husband) have now left the house for good. Or am I mistaken?

• Heart
Well @Pekey, the next Australia wide, covid wave is coming. It's an omicron variant called FLiRT, currently sweeping America and according to the ABC news, it's going to be huge. I thought something was up, as for the last four weeks the number of national covid deaths had been zero then bam. Last week it was 31. There's also an increase in RSV, leading to bronchitis and pneumonia.
Today, Australia had it's first case of a human infected with bird flu . . . a young girl travelling from India.
And there's also been a uptick in shingles. Mr GM has just had it. His Melbourne physio told him this afternoon that he has had a significant number of patients coming in for physio treatment who have recently had it. It's a viral soup out there.
Bloody hell....... I know my daughter has been saying the kids at school have been dropping like flies flu wise.
Thats it ........ when I can I will get the covid again ( had the flu jab ) and I will ask about shingles.
Have you had the shingles jab along with Mr GM too ?
I have seen people wearing masks a lot lately ..... I think I might too.
Hubby is stuck at home with his knee so he should not be in contact with people.
As you know I am vulnerable but I do as much as I can without going nuts.
Heard about the bird flu...... I bet poultry will go up in price . Those supermarkets are sneaky Gertie .
Can you imagine how germy Fanny's places are and people pay to stay there !!! :oops:

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The lazy cow is filming from her bed in London. She says we have been here two days and the day before yesterday…flying lesson?
I’m guessing Dan is at Chelsea with her and the Cat.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Bloody hell....... I know my daughter has been saying the kids at school have been dropping like flies flu wise.
Thats it ........ when I can I will get the covid again ( had the flu jab ) and I will ask about shingles.
Have you had the shingles jab along with Mr GM too ?
I have seen people wearing masks a lot lately ..... I think I might too.
Hubby is stuck at home with his knee so he should not be in contact with people.
As you know I am vulnerable but I do as much as I can without going nuts.
Heard about the bird flu...... I bet poultry will go up in price . Those supermarkets are sneaky Gertie .
Can you imagine how germy Fanny's places are and people pay to stay there !!! :oops:
Bird flu is a big worry and can not be under estimated if it enters our ecosystems.

We were going to get a shingles jab but Mr GM got shingles!! I actually had shingles when I was four years old but I am definitely getting the shingles jab as you can get it a second time.

We always get our flu and covid shots at the end of May to see us through Winter.

As for masks we haven't stopped wearing them. We still wear them, especially out shopping. I wear mine to the hairdressers in Castlemaine. My hairdresser is a bit of a loose cannon. The second time she got covid she actually.went into the salon to work. She was also reported to police for not wearing a mask when it was mandatory. The admin staff at my Castlemaine physio have started wearing masks again and they've put the barrier screens back up. The ABC news, tonight recommended that in light of the new covid wave and the increase in whooping cough, flu, RSV and walking pneumonia, people start wearing masks again. As I've said before, be a goat not a sheep.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.