The Chateau Diaries #307 Stephanie Jarvis, how do other châteaux progress but yours does not?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If MarIE wants a suggestion for a traditional French and currently in season desert, look no further than cherry clafoutis. Almost forgotten by the French and considered old fashioned, it is beginning to make a comeback.
Agree with everybody a cherry clafoutis should be one of the desserts in Marie rolodex of recipes. Not that raspberry teratoma tumor monstrosity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
On the way back from the supermarket weekly shop today, I stopped at the farm shop. It has to be said that the fruit and veg on offer at the supermarket today was not good. Limp salad, imported tomatoes, wrinkled pears, and apples. So, at the farm shop, I got a lovely crisp, fresh salad cut about an hour before. Some baby courgettes. A nice fat red pepper. Both grown in their glass houses. Half a kilo of cherries from the orchard just outside the farm shop and some gariguette strawberries from the glass houses around the back. Let me tell you that the cherries and strawberries have the most amazing flavour.

If MarIE wants a suggestion for a traditional French and currently in season desert, look no further than cherry clafoutis. Almost forgotten by the French and considered old fashioned, it is beginning to make a comeback.
View attachment 2951673
My all time favorite cherry dessert! I hadn’t thought of it in years and now I have just the right excuse to pick up several punts of cherries!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I so agree with you about random salespeople and cashiers asking about my day. The one question that particularly grates me is, "Any exciting plans today/this weekend?" For heaven's sake, I'm nearly 70 and a caregiver, I don't want excitement. I want to relax. Depending on my mood, I either play along and say, "I'm going on an around the world cruise this afteernoon." Or, "No, I'm having surgery to remove a cancerous tumor." That's what they get for asking such a stupid question.
I remember going into a shop in Maine with my Maine friend and the service was appalling, noone wanted to help us for some reason and as we left, my friend says 'have a nice day!' I said why would you wish them that when they didn't help us at all. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Much has been commented on Snorty's new summer stylings. But shockingly he is more on trend than one might expect. He His linen ensemble would fit right in at the Chelsea Flower Show.

WWD has a best dressed at the CFS feature and actor Josh O'Connor makes the list. Change the trainers to red, open a button, and add hair extensions, granny rings, a French tuck, and a Chateau Love tote, and the two could be twins!

View attachment 2950941View attachment 2950944
The difference is- I LIKE Josh O'Connor and I loathe the mangey prancing poodle.
Josh is smart, funny and talented and can pull off this look, while Pheef is a shallow saucer of tepid cheap boxed wine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I want to puke 🤢 he is not only ugly, he is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous 🤡
His profile picture on Instagram is the worst, that hair is like an absurdity 😱 and his fake smile is boarder line creepy.

I wonder… His career as a model must have been an absolute failure, who would hire Snorts to model their product?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Someone on here describe Philly on Chateau Life as moving in circles - that is so descriptive.
His vlogs are so bad - he does 2 minutes of something and then spends the rest of the time talking about what isn't working and what has to be done.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I really hate it when you ask for something in a shop and the reply is “No Problem”. I want to shout that I know it’s not a problem it’s your job!
When leaving a clerk will.say "have a good one". ????? It irks me. Have a good one what??? My mind goes all over with that one . also do you think Fanny is color blind??? Just asking because she picks the most bizarre colors that dont match. Then afain she also cant pick out clothes that match. My friend used a color match chart amd her entire house used the completmenting colors. Its very relaxing and pleasing. Fanny take note every room does.not have to be bizzare. And non matching
---
On the way back from the supermarket weekly shop today, I stopped at the farm shop. It has to be said that the fruit and veg on offer at the supermarket today was not good. Limp salad, imported tomatoes, wrinkled pears, and apples. So, at the farm shop, I got a lovely crisp, fresh salad cut about an hour before. Some baby courgettes. A nice fat red pepper. Both grown in their glass houses. Half a kilo of cherries from the orchard just outside the farm shop and some gariguette strawberries from the glass houses around the back. Let me tell you that the cherries and strawberries have the most amazing flavour.

View attachment 2951673
I love a clafoutis. In the US. I follow Smitten Kitchen. She has a recipe for one as well. Also a Galette (zucchini/corgette) Is lovely as well

• Heart
Reactions: 22

View attachment 2951673
But ickle tit in a toupee might be allergic, so she won't be allowed.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Fanny was wearing the mentos ring in the vlog prior to her south of France jaunt. How did she collect this from London?
Boodles have a shop at the flower show perhaps they will make a purchase… this ring is too similar and not bigger than Nattys but still!
I have 4 "I love me" rings bought by Me for Me over many years from Boodles. I worked hard and saved up money, forgoing holidays, nights out, weekends away and sticking to a promise I made myself as Student, one day I will go in that shop (Chester branch) and purchase Diamonds. They are on my hands now as I type and mean a great deal to me and will be left in my Will to my nieces who can wear them, reset them or sell them.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I remember going into a shop in Maine with my Maine friend and the service was appalling, noone wanted to help us for some reason and as we left, my friend says 'have a nice day!' I said why would you wish them that when they didn't help us at all. :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes when I say "have a nice day" I really mean "duck all the way off".
Perhaps that's what your friend was meaning?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
@timeless11973
26 minutes ago
I think the mirror would be better used for Phillip to check his outfits before continuing to make such fashion catastrophes.

@butzee
1 hour ago
That's not a good look Phillip?

@robynjones9379
10 hours ago
Those shorts on Philip are hilarious.

@mauralyons2713
14 hours ago
Love Grant's bored expression listening to the furniture discussion

@amysimpson646
5 hours ago
You desperately need a decorator. The beautiful lady from chateau love has excellent taste. Perhaps ask her for help. She would probably want to start with a rummage sale and taking Phillips credit card.

@susanweaver7878
8 hours ago
Sorry, Philip, I think those shorts would look better on Stephanie.

@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
Don't know what was worse the shorts or yesterdays shirt half in and half out..

@daniellehendriks5992
8 hours ago
Lancelot is learning that if he cries he get's attention or he is picked up. Thats puberty... Nip it in the but otherwise you have a dog who cries all day every day... He is cute.... that must be said

Kels0423
8 hours ago
I am worried about Lancelot and the Fox

@janehartman6871
17 hours ago
We lost a kittens with foxes when we moved into a different home. Be careful with Lancelot.

@kathyrose9608
14 hours ago
Any update on the fox situation? I worry about the remaining animals and Lancelot going out unsupervised. The fox could become blatent in its attempts to find food and come right up to the chateau

@Snooperz82
10 hours ago
Hello La Landers, Glad to see the renovations of the chapel coming along, I know I've personally learned so much along the way! I was wondering when we will get an update of the other workings/projects at the Chateau. For example, where are you in the heating project? Nati's room? China pantry? Grand salon? Plumbing after the disastrous leak? As lovely as these news videos have been, I do feel that the channel is stemming away from Chateau Life where views get to meet with volunteer, hear their work, seeing all the different projects that are taking place, seeing the movement of the Chateau, the charm of a community coming together to achieve a single goal. Now the channel just feels like a Philip and Stephanie daily travel vlog with their 'employees' popping their head in every once in a while.
Show less

@debbierudolph9489
8 hours ago
Yes, it is as if Stephanie is never at home anymore and this has become a travel vlog.
https://www.youtube.com/create_channel?upsell=comment
@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
@debbierudolph9489 100 percent agree.. last week South of France this week London.

@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
@caroleharden3055 Not everyone goes on holiday just about every week since Xmas so no not a renovation vlog

@debbierudolph9489
3 hours ago
@johngraham8794 The trip to Japan, South Africa, England, Belgium and I am sure there are more that I have forgotten.

@johngraham8794
3 hours ago
@debbierudolph9489 Think this is the 3rd UK trip, then there was Vienna and Venice..

@sarahfoster6765
15 hours ago
Bless him, Lancelot sounded like a deflating balloon or one of those party trumpets

Superfan Wendy.
wendygrimwood8122
16 hours ago
Pouring with rain today but I’m going to Chelsea to look at the Chelsea in Bloom then on to Patrick Mavros to see the Ardmore exhibit

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I have 4 "I love me" rings bought by Me for Me over many years from Boodles. I worked hard and saved up money, forgoing holidays, nights out, weekends away and sticking to a promise I made myself as Student, one day I will go in that shop (Chester branch) and purchase Diamonds. They are on my hands now as I type and mean a great deal to me and will be left in my Will to my nieces who can wear them, reset them or sell them.
Good for you. I have done something similar although mine is more due to being unable to drive, travel etc after my injury. Every time a sparkler glints in the sun gives me joy. I wear them gardening too!
Fanny doesn't know how to appreciate anything . She is going to end up hidden under a huge pile of expensive frocks whilst the battery on her Foreo still whirring. Ickletit will be lying drunken sweet wine in his own bedroom .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I have to interject... Halloween actually originated in Ireland.

I love the room nicknames. We are great at nicknaming Street art here in Dublin Ireland.
Molly Malone statue is The Tart with the Cart'
The millennium countdown clock in the river Liffey was the chime in the slime.
The Annliffey statue (reclining lady in fountain). The floozy in the jacuzzi or the bleep in the sewer. (Pronounced who r)
Spire (basically a tall needle column) The nail in the pale or the stiffy by the Liffey.
Two ladies sitting chatting with well known store bags alongside. The hags with the bags.
Our latest yet to be formally nicknamed is a portal video link direct to the flat iron area in NY.
Yep, in Belfast we have Nuala with the Hula, and The Balls on the Falls. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.