The Chateau Diaries #307 Stephanie Jarvis, how do other châteaux progress but yours does not?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Michael chose this lovely green color for the kitchen they are renovating basement of the chateau. Can you imagine the color that Fanny and Phi Phi would have chosen? They have the absolute worst taste in color choices. The weed bedroom, case in point. View attachment 2951578
That’s… that’s the copper pan he used to whack me over my head… you can still see the dents.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

YOU MONSTER!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Well, in return, the UK has copied a lot of US traditions, such as Halloween trick or treating, and now lots of people in shops, etc., say "Have a nice day" to customers. We used to be too grumpy to do or say things like that. Mind you, I still get grumpy if a shop assistant asks me what I am going to do with my afternoon when they haven't the slightest interest in the matter and I am probably not going to do anything very interesting anyway. If they call me "dear" or "darling", they are putting themselves at great risk!
I really hate it when you ask for something in a shop and the reply is “No Problem”. I want to shout that I know it’s not a problem it’s your job!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I really hate it when you ask for something in a shop and the reply is “No Problem”. I want to shout that I know it’s not a problem it’s your job!
I hate "how are we?" I always feel like saying I am not sure about how you are ......

• Haha
Reactions: 25
On the way back from the supermarket weekly shop today, I stopped at the farm shop. It has to be said that the fruit and veg on offer at the supermarket today was not good. Limp salad, imported tomatoes, wrinkled pears, and apples. So, at the farm shop, I got a lovely crisp, fresh salad cut about an hour before. Some baby courgettes. A nice fat red pepper. Both grown in their glass houses. Half a kilo of cherries from the orchard just outside the farm shop and some gariguette strawberries from the glass houses around the back. Let me tell you that the cherries and strawberries have the most amazing flavour.

If MarIE wants a suggestion for a traditional French and currently in season desert, look no further than cherry clafoutis. Almost forgotten by the French and considered old fashioned, it is beginning to make a comeback.
1716407861907.png

• Heart
Reactions: 34
If only RIVER worked for Bally. It would be one video of Fanny or Snorts I would enjoy.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
On the way back from the supermarket weekly shop today, I stopped at the farm shop. It has to be said that the fruit and veg on offer at the supermarket today was not good. Limp salad, imported tomatoes, wrinkled pears, and apples. So, at the farm shop, I got a lovely crisp, fresh salad cut about an hour before. Some baby courgettes. A nice fat red pepper. Both grown in their glass houses. Half a kilo of cherries from the orchard just outside the farm shop and some gariguette strawberries from the glass houses around the back. Let me tell you that the cherries and strawberries have the most amazing flavour.

If MarIE wants a suggestion for a traditional French and currently in season desert, look no further than cherry clafoutis. Almost forgotten by the French and considered old fashioned, it is beginning to make a comeback.
View attachment 2951673
This used to be my favorite dessert when it's cherry season here in the US! So easy to make! Here, it's been a bit off and on popular, with Martha Stewart making it sort of famous here in the '90's. I made so many different versions of it, with whatever fruit was in season, that we got tired of it. But, thanks to you!!!!, I may make one this weekend!

I think this is the recipe I use (it's been a few years since I've made it!):

• Heart
Reactions: 21

View attachment 2951673
Just the sort of thing Marie should be doing.

As an alternative, cherry frangipane (not Philip-friendly because of the almonds, but the world doesn’t revolve around him).

Clafoutis and frangipane are both so versatile in terms of the fruit that can be used. Pear frangipane is delicious - and that’s coming from someone who doesn’t really like puddings!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The Pethericks continue to make strides with the convent as well as the chateau kitchen. Michael seems to be making wise design choices, and Yannis has become very skilled at plastering. They're also moving quickly towards solving a sagging beam issue as the library is becoming a reality. Take note, Stephanie-they have 376 followers on Youtube now AND they're putting in a lot of hard work every day.
They have their share of wackos watching.
Imagine a statue of all the workers🙄😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Fanny may have had lessons to help her speech and hide any Scottish accent she may have had but…she has not been taught how to use words correctly.
Her recent foray into the linen cupboard for sheets for the drug den bedroom and her announcement that she would get bottom sheets. How attractive.
Base sheets Fanny .
Also was Fanny deliberately filming to show us Snorts best side in the mirror on the radiator, I see a damp patch and one not modified by a Tatler.
---

All that is required are many scarecrows , something that looks like Trixie.
Maybe Fanny could commission Anthony Gormley. ?
Eeew!!😝. Probably the little girl Scout ain't wearin' any underpants....butt sweat?....tinkle?....poo poo diarhea???...all of the above??? His scout
pants are too tight anyway...as usual.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Fanny was wearing the mentos ring in the vlog prior to her south of France jaunt. How did she collect this from London?
Boodles have a shop at the flower show perhaps they will make a purchase… this ring is too similar and not bigger than Nattys but still!
This garden might be an idea for Fanny’s purchase this year.
Her memorial garden for all staff, friends and animals lost could have their own pillar and bust.

My pet hate is when on the phone and someone is taking down personal details and they say what’s the name? The name of what I say?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.