The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd be interested in Mr. Repeat's professional shock. I mean, I'm clueless, but that a pro is shocked is a serious matter. Maybe all her money is going to pay off Christophe's estate.
Workplace standards are high in Australia, and yet, when there is an unfortunate death on site all hell breaks loose. The whole workplace is crawled over by Inspectors, the workplace is usually shut down for a few days of the inspection and then the legals come in.

My partner is employed to prevent these accidents and plan for all new work projects. He is anal! To shut down a big project is hugely expensive. The employee always comes first in his mind, and it takes balls to stare down a gung-ho employer over safety issues. He usually works in big mining projects.

For example, last week he was at a site where a cotton gin is being built (Aussies, in the Kimberley) and he had just been back from R&R and he was fuming that a dangerous EWP had been used in his absence. Everything stopped, the EWP was sent packing and for good measure another was moth-balled. It cost 2 days to the employer to source new equipment.

This is large scale, but even a homeowner has a duty of care to their contractors. I would imagine that the compensation issue would be between the contractor's and homeowner's insurance companies. As we know Stephanie Jarvis is clueless, and I wouldn't be surprised if her insurance wasn't large enough or had expired, in which case she is in deep tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Off topic: i just checked the Tiny Desk site to see one of the latest posts featuring Marty Stuart. He is old school blue grass, gospel, and country artist. I have met him probably well over a dozen times+ over the past 25 years and he is one of the nicest, most down to earth, decent people you’ll ever meet. His wife is a lovely and talented singer. The guitarist in his band, Kenny Young, is a wizard at the guitar. He has played on easily 50+ different songs for a diverse group of musicians, to include Lana Del Rey, Lucinda Williams, Alan Jackson, Ray Montagne, etc. I am so glad they are getting recognition on this platform. April 29, 2024.

If you care to listen:

Marty Stuart

Here is something off topic for those Tattlers that like drag. On the opposite end of the musical spectrum from Marty, I just ran across Chappel Roan on the Tiny Desk site, a few listings down from Marty‘s post. She is a lesbian singer who dresses in drag. She is in her 20’s and has a beautiful voice and songs ( fair warning: some lyrics are a bit explicit in the first sing featured). My question to Tattlers who are familiar with dressing up in drag or familiar with or frequent places where people are dressing up in drag, what do you think about her outfit? Do you like it? Is it too over the top? What are your opinions?March 21, 2024 performance,

Miss Haversham, do you have an opinion? Anyone else?

Ahhh saw him play with the legend that is/was John Prine Great gig ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I am astounded Stephanie is admitting to spending over €500k on a chapel! She could have bought a whole new chateau! She must be lying because based on this, the big living room will cost over a million to fix. Surely patrons can see how disgraceful this is - it is not a historical building and she still has no heating. I truely believe Dan and Purnon will be finished before she begins anything let alone finishes.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Click and white Stephanie continue her lie that bleep do people stop on the street to ask what breed Ratso is, and beg to hold him. She loves to tell these lies about groups of people gathering around 50% discount. Ratso, clamoring to pet him and pick him up and hold him. Ratso has been barking nonstop in the video.

Auntie and Uncle looked genuinely happy to see the gruesome twosome leave. They are very gracious to them. They seem very happy to be settling into their new home which needs loads of work. They are far too kind to their crappy, greedy, obnoxious niece and her paid for gay side piece,

Philip is disgusting. He has a shirt unbuttoned about down to his navel. Gross! So rude to the aunt and uncle to show up like that at dinner,
i bet Amaury and Nutty will move there after their wedding.
Has anyone noticed every time Snorts gets his meal he says "I'm so excited"... twit.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Vernay has an interesting point: The fatal accident occurred because the septic tank was not properly infilled? We still don't know the details but if the cherry picker collapsed it and tossed Christophe Frye overboard (and let killer capstones fly during the repair!) I don't see how somebody connected with Jarvis and the chateau would not be considered liable.
Would the coroner's report be a matter of online public record in France?
Billy....... we don't even know about the other guy that was in the accident!
Has he been left with a terrible disability or is he fine?
I don't think we will know about him either.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Thank you for the fresh new thread @ComtesseRose, to @TorontoGWM for the new (and aptly fitting) title, and to @tuffiti for uploading the vlog. ❤

I'm trying to catch up, as the last post and this are going at lightning speed (and I have not watched any vlogs since Sunday night!) It's been a busy week at Casa de T Rex with yard work, meetings for the non-profits I volunteer for, the dogs, and helping my neighbours.

My new neighbours are snow birds (they are in Germany), so we take care of the shared "jungle" between our properties, and whilst he they do have a lawn service, we still go over to spray for weeds in their pavered walkway and driveway. My other neighbour is currently on holiday in Aruba with the "Glam Squad" (they are all fabulous dames in their mid-70s to late 80s- they are a fit, tanned lot with perfect nails and are always dressed to the 9s.) We also take care of what her lawn service does not, and when she is away, we usually fertilize her lawn (because we have to look at it- LOL), and I make her leave me a list of things she needs repaired (because she pays people far too much money and they do a half-assed job for something we can just do for free in 5 minutes.) Last month, she was going to pay a handyman $300 to replace 3 outdoor light bulbs- Mr. T Rex, "NO. Get out your phone, and I will type in the bulbs you need. Pick them up from Lowe's or Home Depot on your way home from tennis, and it will take me three minutes."

Her only thing on the list before she departed on holiday was, "The garage door is making a strange sound." I dragged Mr. T Rex over on Monday to look at it- the whole thing needed maintenance, but as we were closing the garage door "poof"- cloud of smoke like a new pope has been elected. The opener assembly itself is original to the house (almost 20 years old), and a capacitor shyte the bed. While it was something we could repair, we would have had to get the part, and we had our own issues to deal with when our pool salt cell quit working because a lizard got into the power supply housing and shorted out the whole damn board. Lizards are assholes. But, I am of the mindset everything happens for a reason, so we have a new system arriving in a few days (It was old. I get the joy of re-plumbing a new system and the electrics- it's fine.)

I am also of the mindset that the neighbour's garage door opener happened for a reason, as she would have freaked out when it started smoking (worse yet if we were not home- she would have certainly called the fire department!). I called our awesome local garage repair company, whom I told, "It's probably the capacitor, but if you have to replace the whole assembly, it is okay- it is original to the house." Any other company would have fleeced her for a new opener, but Marco, "It's just a cap- yeah, the unit is old, but it is still good." While we we there, Mr. T Rex realized she had some ancient lighting (the lightbulbs in her kitchen were a hodgepodge of incandescent, CFL and LED bulbs)- he went to Lowe's and bought her new MATCHING lightbulbs and installed them. "Cheeseus, no wonder she is a terrible cook- she's been cooking in a cave!" "No bae, she just hates cooking!" :ROFLMAO:
I know. I know! It's not TCD.....but then again......
This simply MUST be a 🧵 title -> Lizards are assholes.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I am astounded Stephanie is admitting to spending over €500k on a chapel! She could have bought a whole new chateau! She must be lying because based on this, the big living room will cost over a million to fix. Surely patrons can see how disgraceful this is - it is not a historical building and she still has no heating. I truely believe Dan and Purnon will be finished before she begins anything let alone finishes.
Absolute madness the whole shebang. Purnon is such a cleansing watch. Do you notice the elaborate scaffolding, the harnesses, the co-operative work by the contractors, no heavy single person lifting. Even though this is a vast project, homeowners can, and should provide, the same working conditions on a smaller scale.
If I am correct, house painters in Australia cannot paint without scaffolding now, no more ladder work. I can recall paying $4000 to hire scaffolding for a small cottage to be painted years ago.
There have been so many instances where the shithole has endangered worker's lives and inhabitants. Cleaning of the moat walls without some sort of harness, Stephanie Jarvis operating a machine wearing slippers and not a clue, moving underneath props in the grand salon, Annemarie working alone in that area, dangerous kitchen layout especially with heavy pots, no handrails on the staircase and it goes on.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Snorty, cover that bad weave as the reflection is blinding me.
No chapeau is big enough to fit Snorty's balding head overinflated opinion of himself!
1715911743323.png
1715911766177.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
oh shucks, its an honor to be a menopausal hag VIP we won't stop our opinions !! We shall go on to the end, we shall say our opinions in France, We shall do it on the seas and oceans, We shall comment with growing confidence and growing strength

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
What are our thoughts on water chestnuts?
[/QUOTE]
I'm rather fond of water chestnuts - wrapped & baked in bacon & garlic. Yum! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Again, timey wimey - Fanny trying to pretend they were only at Cap D'Agade for 3 nights. (2 dinners with Tante & Ton Ton and 1 dinner at the tatty bed sit).

In a single day lazy Fanny & Snorty didn't drive over to visit Tante & Ton Ton, eat pizza for lunch, head back to the tatty bedsit, change clothes, head to the Art Nouveau Castle, film the place and then head directly out for dinner and more eating with Tante & Ton Ton.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Absolute madness the whole shebang. Purnon is such a cleansing watch. Do you notice the elaborate scaffolding, the harnesses, the co-operative work by the contractors, no heavy single person lifting. Even though this is a vast project, homeowners can, and should provide, the same working conditions on a smaller scale.
If I am correct, house painters in Australia cannot paint without scaffolding now, no more ladder work. I can recall paying $4000 to hire scaffolding for a small cottage to be painted years ago.
There have been so many instances where the shithole has endangered worker's lives and inhabitants. Cleaning of the moat walls without some sort of harness, Stephanie Jarvis operating a machine wearing slippers and not a clue, moving underneath props in the grand salon, Annemarie working alone in that area, dangerous kitchen layout especially with heavy pots, no handrails on the staircase and it goes on.
Yes in Victoria (not sure about the rest of Australia) no ladders past first floor (Americans that is your second floor). And after several accidents in media a few years ago, advice given that over 50s should be extremely careful/avoid using ladders of such a height.
I was always a bit shocked to see the bamboo scaffolding used in some parts of Asia.
The big difference with Purnon is having the architect as the project manager and the regular onsite meetings about progress, issues, next steps. I appreciate they are bound by different standards as Purnon is an historic building and govt funding involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Congratulations on your VIPness, @shatcho shiek. Celebration at the fish shack, all are welcome, entrance to the left, bien sur, of the VIP lounge. We count on your witchy observant perspicacity and are shelling out for the lobster, in season in France now, along with turnip, rhubarb and mackerel.

Strawberry Mojitos
Miller Lite
Reuilly White Wine

MFK Fisher's Heartening Broth (1/3 chicken stock, 1/3 clam juice, 1/3 local Berry Reuilly white wine, heated to just below the boil to preserve the alcohol), Parmesan and Paprika
Cheese Straws
James Martin's Warm Lobster Mayonnaise, With Mackerel, Pickled Turnip and Rhubarb and ¡Hyssop!
Warm Whole Wheat Rolls, Lalande Honey Butter
Five Sheep and Cow Cheeses of the Berry:
Crottin de Chavignol, Pouligny Saint Pierre, Selles sur Cher, Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine, Valencay
Celery Hearts, Blackberries, Lalande Honey, Toasts
Sparkling Cremantes de Loire Rose
Strawberry Shortcake, Edna Lewis' Feather Light Biscuits, Chantilly Cream
House Made Vin de Noix, Homemade Honey Pistachio Nougat

We will be dancing Renegade with Charli d'Amelio and I will not be wearing my crop top. Perhaps a sedate hiney-ruched tango skirt and thumbhole t shirt.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm pretty sure the Pethericks are all on Ozempic. There is no way it's a filter making them all look slim, Billy is skinny as.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.