The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the guest! They had only one guest at the shitoo this past weekend? 🤣
What is pretty sad is that FRK sees the leftover cheesecake abomination as a "treat." What on earth are the slaves at the Shitoo allowed to eat? Certainly not the same things as the guest dinners, it appears, unless there are leftovers. The abomination far more resembled a "Jello Cheesecake" than anything. (One of the signature desserts my mum threw together during my childhood- it was literally add butter to the "crust" ingredients, and pour in some milk to the filling, and put it all together. Some of you know. Perhaps it is not at all my healthy lifestyle and skincare routine that keeps me looking young, but the amount of preservatives my mum fed me with her "convenience" dinners during my youth. :ROFLMAO: ) FRK, no- I just went to the Cheesecake Factory last week, and that is NOT at all "cheesecake." Blasphemy is what it is! Here's what a proper cheesecake looks like:

Screen Shot 2024-05-19 at 10.16.36 PM.png

This cheesecake was delicious, and probably 12,000 calories. No leftovers for you, FRK!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I think Marie's cheesecake looked like nothing more than a block of Philadelphia put on a couple of graham crackers or shortbread cookies, with some garnish from the gaaahhhhden!

1716172852463.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I think Marie's cheesecake looked like nothing more than a block of Philadelphia put on a couple of graham crackers or shortbrad cookies, with some garnish from the gaaahhhhden!

View attachment 2946523

I'm dying at your Nigella accent! Or was this Ina? "Jeffrey!!!!" I seriously cannot tell them apart anymore! Paula would have at least added a kilo or two of butter to the crust (is it wrong I want to hug her to see if she smells like butter?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I agree with most of what you said, however I wouldn’t call what Anna does as decor. There is absolutely no interior design in that house. Yes floors, walls, bathrooms are renovated (eg created, repaired or painted) but there is no interior design. Nearly every vlog the same painting resting on the stairs is walked past. No curtains, rugs or quality furniture- two of their guest rooms used ridiculous kitchen chairs. I’m no fan of Fanny, but I do think there is over praise for Anna and Phillip. If they can buy a yacht they can buy a nail and put a painting on a goddam wall. Still think they are readying place to sell.
I think I've only seen a handful of their episodes, but they definitely lean hard into the 'minimalist' style. When I watched the recent vlog where Stephanie visited and Anna and Phillip made them dinner, one of them opened up a kitchen cabinet and I was floored to see so much stuff in it! I, myself, am not minimalist, but I'm not a hoarder like Stephanie, either! In my kitchen, though, I don't like seeing stuff all over the countertops.

Interiors are interesting to me when I can look at a room and learn something about who lives there, irrespective of whether I like their personal style or not. I get no read on what makes Anna and Phillip tick by looking at their rooms. It's all just a blank slate to me, empty......maybe that really does tell me who they are, I don't know!
---
I'm dying at your Nigella accent! Or was this Ina? "Jeffrey!!!!" I seriously cannot tell them apart anymore!
I just made Ina's salmon cakes tonight for dinner! I like her recipe because it uses Old Bay, which is a staple here where I live - and it's made here!
I used to like Nigella, until I made her stupid clementine cake and it went wrong. Like, really, really, wrong. I tried making it three times and it was a loser. Then I tried making some other things from one of her cookbooks and all of them were duds, too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I think I've only seen a handful of their episodes, but they definitely lean hard into the 'minimalist' style. When I watched the recent vlog where Stephanie visited and Anna and Phillip made them dinner, one of them opened up a kitchen cabinet and I was floored to see so much stuff in it! I, myself, am not minimalist, but I'm not a hoarder like Stephanie, either! In my kitchen, though, I don't like seeing stuff all over the countertops.

Interiors are interesting to me when I can look at a room and learn something about who lives there, irrespective of whether I like their personal style or not. I get no read on what makes Anna and Phillip tick by looking at their rooms. It's all just a blank slate to me, empty......maybe that really does tell me who they are, I don't know!
Where they live upstairs says so much more about them and their taste. I remember their conversation about their individual styles which they discovered, is very different. Anna likes cosy cottage and Philipp is more the minimalist, moderne.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago (edited)
The artist's room would be perfect in Oliver's house. Each room is theatrical with the themes, colors, and emotional designs. The height of Art Noveau. I use water in all my paintings, so I would love some prints of the water scene in stain glass.
emoji_u2764.png
A water run house, heated and cooled. We need to think about ways to naturally run the heating and cooling in our lives

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

@carolinegooder7091
1 hour ago
As there are no chimneys or burn marks in the lab, perhaps electronic lights were displayed in the furnaces.

• Haha
  • Sick

I am of the minimalist style as well- no random family portraits on the wall (seriously, while one loves their family, I just don't want to look at those people every day), and while my cabinets are jam packed with random kitchen gadgets, I like my countertops clear of hubris (and I abhor clutter when I am cooking.) We get random neighbors and friends who stop by all the time, and they always remark, "Are you selling your house? Your home, while beautiful, is always immaculate and without personal effects." "No, I just don't put crap on my walls for the sake of it, and I hate clutter and dirt." Alas, there are pet beds in nearly every room, though, and my pups do drag their toys everywhere- it is fine, they are really the owners, and we just maintain their swanky lifestyle in their minds... Tiny terrors are terrible decorators, especially at 3AM when one steps on a chewy or a forking stuffed squeaky toy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I am of the minimalist style as well- no random family portraits on the wall (seriously, while one loves their family, I just don't want to look at those people every day), and while my cabinets are jam packed with random kitchen gadgets, I like my countertops clear of hubris (and I abhor clutter when I am cooking.) We get random neighbors and friends who stop by all the time, and they always remark, "Are you selling your house? Your home, while beautiful, is always immaculate and without personal effects." "No, I just don't put crap on my walls for the sake of it, and I hate clutter and dirt." Alas, there are pet beds in nearly every room, though, and my pups do drag their toys everywhere- it is fine, they are really the owners, and we just maintain their swanky lifestyle in their minds... Tiny terrors are terrible decorators, especially at 3AM when one steps on a chewy or a forking stuffed squeaky toy!
I'm the same way about family photos. I have all my framed photos of my family either in our bedroom or in my office. I had to move a lot of the pictures that were on my dresser into my office because both of my cats like to jump up on it and knock them over (but only at 3:00 a.m. when they want us to get up and feed them!). I tried earthquake putty on them, but there were like 25 of them and some of the frames are really old and some are fragile, so the putty didn't have enough "frame" to keep it in place on the dresser (or I was too afraid these dummies would get the putty on their paws and eat it). I thought moving them would make my cats decide it wasn't fun to go up there.....now, they just jump on there and mess around with all of my perfume bottles (which are on a tray), until they get bored and decide to take a flying leap to land on us in the bed at 3:00 a.m. These cats.....can't live with them.....can't live without them!

I see your tiny terrors are also up at 3:00 a.m.! So fun, eh?

• Haha
  • Heart
11 minutes ago
I don't quite get why Phillip enjoys criticizing you so much and so often. He's become so fortunate to have you fall for him. Maybe he could start realizing that and change his tune.

1 hour ago
i thought Stephanie's Grand Tour channel was the place to share chateau tours, now im confused, even though the channel is now called S. Grand Tour of Europe it still contains french chateau video visits

• Haha
Reactions: 26

---

I just made Ina's salmon cakes tonight for dinner! I like her recipe because it uses Old Bay, which is a staple here where I live - and it's made here!
I used to like Nigella, until I made her stupid clementine cake and it went wrong. Like, really, really, wrong. I tried making it three times and it was a loser. Then I tried making some other things from one of her cookbooks and all of them were duds, too.
Same for her 'chocolate pots' . . . fail.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
1 hour ago
i thought Stephanie's Grand Tour channel was the place to share chateau tours, now im confused, even though the channel is now called S. Grand Tour of Europe it still contains french chateau video visits
Fanny could have been in Timbuktu and it would STILL be Boring !!!
I fell asleep watching it and NO ,,,I did not go back to finish it . :confused:

• Haha
Reactions: 23

---

I like to know these things because sometimes tv or celebrity cooks recipes dont translate at all and you think you’re the failure but it’s actually the recipe 😡

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.