The Chateau Diaries #306 The Chateau Diaries has become Me, Me, Me, Me and How to Spoil Oneself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds gross, but I've never had them so can't really judge.
They do sound gross. I’ve seen them sold out of the back of people’s cars on the side of the road and in a can at the grocery store. I’ve never actually tried them or watercress.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I am astounded Stephanie is admitting to spending over €500k on a chapel! She could have bought a whole new chateau! She must be lying because based on this, the big living room will cost over a million to fix. Surely patrons can see how disgraceful this is - it is not a historical building and she still has no heating. I truely believe Dan and Purnon will be finished before she begins anything let alone finishes.
I think that’s being optimistic! Hell will freeze over before SJ begins anything, let alone finishes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
No way in the world would we drive over our septic tank. If only for the cost of replacing the thing.

When I have mentioned to my partner about the accident and the unstable ground under the EWP, he has been gob smacked. It is his job to know and protect a workforce on huge, and I mean huge, construction sites - he knows his tit. Stephanie Jarvis is ultimately responsible for the working conditions of her contractors, regardless of their decision to use a heavy piece of equipment on unstable ground.

Amoury is a wood worker, and I would guess wouldn't have a clue about the use of heavy machinery, so would be useless to warn and point out the recent disturbance of earth in that area.
They’ve had all kinds of equipment in that driveway. Cherry pickers, digger, etc. I guess the super big one was just too heavy.
---
What about boiled peanuts?
I have to have the little red ones with 3 and 4 peanuts per shell.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I love this comment so much! 😂 ❤

No my darlings, I'm not back, but think of me as here in spirit.
The bad taxidermy is a joke engagement or wedding gift for Steve and Sara; payback for the ultra hideous bad taxidermy they gifted to Snorty a few years back - see if I'm right!
I thought Ed and Anna gave them the hideous one. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Wasn't that the flog where Philip couldn't come because he had to meet with the architect?
Whilst...they were in SA Smugtwat stayed in to take a call from the architect. Ridiculous. Another time Fanny says Amaury and Philip were not having what the big room architect said. Snorts looks at pictures of buildings. He has no understanding about anything, nothing. He cannot even lay a table . Useless boy. Fanny like always is lying . She is playing patrons for time= money.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I am astounded Stephanie is admitting to spending over €500k on a chapel! She could have bought a whole new chateau! She must be lying because based on this, the big living room will cost over a million to fix. Surely patrons can see how disgraceful this is - it is not a historical building and she still has no heating. I truely believe Dan and Purnon will be finished before she begins anything let alone finishes.
If I remember correctly she originally paid 700'000€ for the whole thing, right? I think they completely lost proportions on what this place is worth and how much they should pay for renovations.

In 20 years all that's left will be this perfectly renovated chapel that nobody cares about next to the ruin of the dump.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
First thing I noticed in the patron Vlog… ( thanks so much @tuffiti !! Sorry you had to come from your vacation to look at bs ..but thank you)
What is Fanny thinking. that she’s a nun ?? what is she thinking? She was dressed like a nun. It was bizarre.
Then I have a question, do fox hunt during the day ?? just wondering I don’t know anything about foxes or that sort of stuff.
Then I was thinking about that mouse that ran in the room …I am shocked that their dog does not chase mice .That’s so weird and such a lie.
also, Snotty nose Marie ….don’t put flowers on food.
And the shrecks getting married …gosh The nerds deserve each other. ( has Mrs shreck gone blonde? Or is that her gray growing out ?)
Might already have been said but foxes will hunt in the daytime. A friend of mine's back garden faces out onto fields and we can sit on the terrace watching the foxes out in the field. Usually later into the afternoon.

Stupid Marie because that's evidently what's happened, walked into the garden with the dog off the lead opened the gate to their enclosure and he's gone straight in there. It had more or less been predicted on here what would happen.

As for last nights non vlog as it was a bunch of nothingness
1715928319525.png
1715928366644.png

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Sad to say but a long long time ago I had two dogs, a labrador and a shepard mix. They got out of the yard and attacked the neighbors chickens, killed them all. The neighbors grandkids had named them all. The big girl jumped a fence and dug a hole for the other dog to crawl under. They were ruthless..... it was devastating... although domesticated they are still animals... I still think Ratso did it.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
This is absolutely egregious neglect of that beautiful dog and now a large litter of puppies! I have a border collie myself so I know what extra affectionate loving, loyal dogs they can be when properly cared for. I am just sick of Dan’s callous attitude toward everything and everyone except for the damn crispy chateau. 🤮
and of course the utter morons on the Gibbons FB page are beyond ecstatic with their hero Master Builder :ROFLMAO: head Dan and just want to see the puppies. Not one thinking of the utter irresponsibility behind this.
---
Surely France has some sort of slander laws that the professionals they so openly belittle could use? Fanny et Cie blithely ruin the reputation of tradespeople across the country with lies and utter bullshit without care for the repercussions!
There probably is something but in the building trade they all talk to eachother, word will get about and she will begin to find it more and more difficult to get people to work for her.

Mr Spratt was only telling me yesterday that a 'friend' of mine has more or less sealed her fate with a builder he works alongside. He said she's up in their faces and getting in the way when they're there trying to work all of the time (she got sod all else to do as she orders her husband around all day doing stuff for her). She nearly caused one of his chaps to have an accident due to this, as she won't just duck off and let them get on with it. She is also the sort to throw them under the bus afterwards if there was anything done not to her liking.

I just don't believe her crap excuse about Nathan either.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
OK I’m still obsessed with this €500k chapel restoration which doesn’t include electricity, porch, etc. I think you make a good point @KitKat_theNewRat the loss of perspective. I wonder if Stephanie is lying about the total cost. I just can’t see anyone in her grifting circle supporting her spending such money on the chapel.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So SJ had the perfect excuse to close the bnb (septic tank insufficient for extras) but managed to get the funds and workers to fix it (let's bypass the overhead cable issue) in time for guest season. Shows how much bnb generates for her.

Reactions: 30
If they were installing a new sceptic tank underground I'm at a loss at how the workers pulled a telephone cable off the roof. I can imagine a crane lowering the sceptic tank into the ground, but the qualified crane operator would need to be incredibly incompetent to tug at the telephone cable. Was the telephone cable lose and hanging? It all sounds a bit fishy, especially when Fanny explains it.
Not a septic tank I know but done using the same process. This was the equipment used on a Mr Spratt job for putting a the gas tank in the ground. The lifting system is on the back of the lorry and these guys are experts at doing it and really do take due care and attention.

1715931572922.png

We didn't really see much of the chaps who were putting in the new septic tank (we've got to have a new one done and the chap putting it in is using a normal JCB digger to lower it into the ground) were they some sort of hotch botch crew, or are the telephone wires at that place in as much of a tit condition (extremely low hanging wires) as the rest of the hovel. We'll never know will we.

What we have found out is that we cannot just plonk our new septic tank in the ground, you have to get this lot out first who then tell you exactly where it can go. Has she ever done this?

www.sicaa.fr

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Fanny wants the ceilings higher to accommodate the panelling. The engineer has probably told her, in no uncertain circumstances, that the structure will not take what she wants to do. She is going to keep going back to this structural engineer, or any subsequent one, thinking she will break him and she will get what she wants! The building was not built to have grand proportions. It is not a Palace. It is a fortified farmhouse. Thick walls, small rooms, low ceilings.
And all this arguing with the structural engineer and trying to get a different survey/report is going to result in even further delays. The panelling will remain in the container for ages and if it is warped, it will be blamed on Amaury who is supposed to be sorting out ventilation; needless to say, it will never be Fanny's fault. It's also highly likely that the latest purchase of panelling for Chamber Perse will not have been measured either. The woman is demented.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.