Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fromthenorth

Made me think of a french Quebec parody soap I used to watch back in the day I was living in Montreal called "La p'tite vie" in which Thérèse has been trying all her life to make "paté chinois" aka cottage pie/shepherd's pie. Which is "steak, blé d'inde, patates. (minced/grounded steak, sweetcorn and mash potatoes) and she would have all sort of way to show us, instead of putting them in layers she would put them side by side or the mash under the sweetcorn and under the meat. And, that's the character image and incidentally I sort of think of Marie with her lasagne also because Thérèse is the sort of insecure character and totally stressed out too.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Fanny’s new green dress is the same shirt dress as the lemon one from Boden

Fanny was wearing a new pearl ring that later Snorts was wearing..

Snorts has a whole stack of those Herend plates . We know he has to have the whole family of china.
Since his arrival he has had to get the country ware cabbage plate set, the Spode fleur delay set, his horrid Persian bird set,
He is adding to this deco style blue plates in large numbers,
He is now adding to his Herend set. I may have missed some.
He needs to go to a salon and get his hideous nails cut.
Boden must this year’s Anthopologie. She will buy many pieces from then this year.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 20

C'est moi

VIP Member
Until now, London cab drivers thought they’d seen it all. Bet that was the first time ever a Cabbie was car sick in his own taxi having seen Fanny and her son having a hairy lap fondle .
I'm not sure if people understand the training that a London Cabbie has to undergo to obtain their licence. I'm talking about London Hackney cabs. Not Ubers or minicabs. Not the same thing at all. If fanny and Thrush were in a Black Hackney cab then that guy has the most amazing brain capacity. The training that they undertake is called The Knowledge. It's not something that can be obtained overnight. With the advent of the internet and Google maps/Waze I imagine things have changed but they still have to go through the most in depth map training. On a daily basis they have to know all and any diversions. The best route to get to the destination. Contrary to popular belief the charging system in taxi cabs globally is very strict, controlled and adhered to. I imagine there is little that a London Taxi driver hasn't seen but, they are not obliged to take drunks, people under the influence of drugs, anyone they feel is a threat or in any way offensive.
---
Is pronounced “Disgusting”
Are you himself? Why aren't you at work? You don't gossip!
---
Yeah tastes like soap to me ☹
O.M.G! You are himself. Get back to work...
---
Chiropractor 🤔
I was thinking that. But for who? MarIE?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

mrsp67

VIP Member
View attachment 2896450
View attachment 2896448

View attachment 2896402
Nichola Jane Taylor

incabellablog
It’s happening! I have been very fortunate and honoured to have had the opportunity to work with so many talented chefs and wonderful people during my career in the hospitality industry. So I’m excited to be able to tell you my latest news! Now that we are progressing further with the new project, I can reveal more. I can say at this stage, that it involves me moving to Haworth in Yorkshire, where I’ll be joining an already successful business, to start work on the next chapter of my cooking career. I’ll be working with my dear friends (of 30+years) and business owners, Jill & Michael @cobblesandclay and their amazing team. I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll also be spending a lot more time in Haworth, with my lovely friend @bymariewiik whilst she continues to work on her beautiful floral designs and establishes her new business. As you may know already, I had the pleasure of working with Marie @chateaudelalandeand appearing in château diaries in the summer of 2020. We became good friends, so it’s very exciting to be bringing together, friends with such passion and positive energy to collaborate on a new venture. Follow along on Instagram to see our exciting new projects unfold over the next few months. It’s going to be very exciting and a great new adventure indeed for all. @cobblesandclay@bymariewiik @incabellablog @incabella.com @chateaudelalande @stephanieejarvis @johnwrightmushroomsjoh
Stuart lives in the South of France and works I think it’s Julia Childs old house, school

• Haha
  • Wow

NotAChatelaine

VIP Member
Piers was humble bragging (again) and I could only see Marie... what is that? It does not look appetizing even though I love smoked salmon.. potatoes? Beets? Overkill? View attachment 2896696
[
Smoked salmon, beetroot and cream of horseradish is a thing! No potatoes - I think it’s sliced red and yellow beetroot, plus blobs of horseradish. It’s a rather good combo. (Quartered cooked beetroot covered with a mixture of crème fraîche and horseradish and then heated through in the oven is one of those things which might sound odd but is delicious. I am a huge fan of beetroot - beetroot slices, cheddar cheese and pickled red onion slices in really good granary bread make for a mighty fine sandwich!)

• Heart

Hedda Hopper

VIP Member
O.K.....your post made me watch Permasmile's vlog. So right off the bat, Oh my God, that was brutal to watch....and I couldn't really fast forward with gay abandon because I was looking for where they said Philip was there. Once I found it, I listened to it several times and it's not clear, to me at least, that the "here" meant right then and there.

But I did hear one of them say - Viv I think? - that Philip is really strong. I don't know, but I find that quite hard to believe!
Strong smelling!

• Haha

newengland

Watched the flog!

🎼The Porche is back and it ain't goin' nowhere
Hey la de la.🎶 to the tune of "My boyfriends back" by The Angels.

Because, as previously stated, they own that fucker. Despicable fanny time to come clean. Don't take your patreons and fans for stupid. They're beginning to rumble.

Armoires worktop. Good job 👍 It's only taken 20 fucking years and many cooks/chefs! Marie, do not put cookbooks on it. Clutter. By all means use the back lip for you condiments but do not clutter your worktop with shite. Despicable fanny DO NOT put back the ratso piss soaked meridian. Take it out to the walled garden, put in on the bonfire, douce it with petrol and strike a match. Now get those fucking cupboard doors sanded and painted and get that petri dish of a kitchen table sanded, waxed and sealed. You have chosen to have deaf ears to the kitchen "issues". It will be your downfall.

The chapel. The chapel is a building site. It maybe on her property but it's still a building site with professional workers (currently mysteriously absent). Is she permitted to climb the scaffolding in the absence of the workers? Was she wearing a hard hat? Was she wearing toe capped boots? I think the answer is evident! If she had had an accident there would have been no cover. No insurance payout. Nada. Stupid fucking bitch.

The chapel, continued...
At 6.39 the Oxford grad puts the words "fairly patchily" into the sentence. I'm no eng.lit. grad but that does not sound correct! Or comfortable to say. But what do I know.
At 6.20 she uses is "pretty spectacularly" and has a strange sound affliction on the end of the word, spectacularly. In a similar vein to her pronunciation of little. Duchess, I think you're accent is slipping.

Permasmile viv. Is there a more hideously, fawning person out there? 🤢🤮. People with class DO NOT name drop. My Roxy Music dress. Roxy Music are my favourite band. I was wearing this dress when I met Bryan Ferry. Did you keep the knickers you threw at the stage? Or did some unfortunate sweeper have to do the cleanup once the auditorium was empty.

I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said about:
The London trip
The facial work
The shopping
bla-de-bla-de-bla.
Once you mentioned Bryan Ferry, everything else you wrote went blank for me.

• Haha

Nettle flower

Blimey their decorators are slow it has been weeks on one room. They do very little themselves now and still it is slow, they do a good job though but seriously they are lazy too-go get a job

There charges seem incredibly high, I reckon she's being charged top dollar.

Beachgirl

VIP Member
Are the sandwiches always cold or sometimes grilled? They actually sound good, but I love cheese and onions lol
The ones from the supermarket are always cold but I don’t see why you could t grill them at home.

Hedda Hopper

VIP Member
I love that , “ Amaury is the speedy Gonzales of carpentry.” Snorts is the speedy Gonzales of spending. Stephanie is the Speedy Gonzales of lying. FRK is just not speedy at all. Ratso runs circles around all of them day and night. He is so bored.
At least Ratso has Ruby who knows all.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Smoked salmon, beetroot and cream of horseradish is a thing! No potatoes - I think it’s sliced red and yellow beetroot, plus blobs of horseradish. It’s a rather good combo. (Quartered cooked beetroot covered with a mixture of crème fraîche and horseradish and then heated through in the oven is one of those things which might sound odd but is delicious. I am a huge fan of beetroot - beetroot slices, cheddar cheese and pickled red onion slices in really good granary bread make for a mighty fine sandwich!)
Absolutely agree, but Fanny does NOT like beets, so can take that off the menu.

• Haha

YoungAtHeart

My mother was not an adventurous cook until Emeril Lagasse / food network, mostly Italian American or meat & potato so I never had any fish lamb nor organ meat! For my wedding in Amman Jordan an entire lamb was bought and prepared including brains et. I ate salads in the garden for a week after!!
Marhaba! I lived in Irbid for 3 years ! It’s a small world!!

• Heart
  • Wow

Hedda Hopper

VIP Member
Herb in the UK. Basil and Oregano pronounced differently from US here too so ba-sil rather than baysil and emphasis on "gano"in oregano rather than oreg-ano. Coriander for us instead of cilantro.
We also fillet fish and chicken rather than fillay, tom-ah-to instead of tom-ay-to and so on.
We use coriander for the seed and cilantro for the leaf.

huydecirku

VIP Member
Fanny was in London 5 days. She had fillers and didn't post till the swelling went down but she didn't have enough time.
If she'd still had MPK around, she could simply do a voice-over to make her viewers believe she's still there and have MPK as palatable presenter on camera.

Billy does the same at the moment - his current vlogs are very entertaining. In the past, I got a bit bored with endless shots of him laying kitchen tiles mixed with some music, but MPK brings in an actual story line.