Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fleur du mal

What's local there is lentils, Sancerre, fresh water fish and goat cheese man. Poule Noire du Berry heritage hazelnut-scented chicken which dem bitchaaaz will never discover and never shell out for. Plus all the gorgeousness of ag France in July. Fresh pork, charcuterie and funky French pork wizardry. Raspberries. Tomatoes. Peppers. Blueberries.
Our friends at Le Relais du Facteur serve local trout and other fish in different interesting ways. Trout terrine, unlike whole trout with eyeballs, might be safe for gan-gan.
The most magical thing I know about lentils is a poached salmon filet on top of cool lentil salad they used to serve in the summer at the Hay Adams Hotel in DC. Absolutely scrumptious. I might serve it to the Patreons with cantalope instead, also scrumptious and edgy enough for them.
One lunch would surely be a tarted up Salade Nicoise, possibly with individual fluted pate brisee cases, no potatoes, no anchovies, some toasted almonds. Plenty of haricots verts, peppers, tomato, hardboiled egg, etc.
I'd really make an effort to give them not-too-scary charcuterie, really simple pates, and grilled local pork sassidges, with grilled peppers and onions, for lunch. Gorgeous sliced tomatoes. Raspberry ice cream. (Actually I've fallen in love with homemade cherry/raspberry jam. Cherry/raspberry ice cream. Woof. With a suspicion of amaretto?) Cherries and ice cubes in a crystal bowl. Gigantic blueberry crumble with honey ice cream.
I'm a big devotee of salads, these days. Attempting one of black eyed peas, barley etc. which I will scarf but think not Ladies' Who Lunch Fancy Enough for the grannies. Who'd probably like big pink j-j-j-Jello salads but wouldn't be getting any from me.
What salads would you feed the grannies? What desserts?
Dessert- Raymond Blanc soft meringue with blackcurrant coulis. It is very fancy looking- dead easy to make. Maybe some rustic fruit galettes on the side.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
What is vainglorious behavior?

A vainglorious attitude is not very likable in a person and can be annoying to be around. Vainglorious people are vain, excessively boastful, and have swelled pride. The base word, vainglory, dates all the way back to the 14th century and means “worthless glory.”
Fanny's foundation garments are working overtime to get her wedged into that dress. Fanny should get Spanx and Playtex as sponsors. It's so tight I doubt Fanny could sit down without tearing it.

It's odd that after dinner Fanny's wearing a black slip under the dress as she walks back across the courtyard. Did she even wear it for the evening or just slip it on for show.
1714167831120.png
1714167861635.png

• Heart
  • Sick

jojonz

Chatty Member
Back to lalacelle their go fund me was for 6,000 the miraculous quote the date after the stone wall fell down in high winds (ophs for got to say the ivy made it happen by growing through the stones, the frost and the rain). Started March 2022 still going, still getting contibutions nearly 20K raised. If you watch the go fund me video Tony looks very uncomfortable licking lips, wheres a body language guy!!!!!!!

people who are lying tend to get a dry mouth and will swallow often or lick their lips. If the person is restricting movement, compressing his lips or has a noticeably negative reaction to the question, your radar should be on, according to psychologytoday.com.

Micheal Petherick go fund me started April 2020 for 25,000 achieved 31,000 no donations since 2022.

Whose the biggest grifter??? Terry or Micheal? If you look at the wall in the video high winds didn't blow that over. the digger which appeared the next day to start pulling the rest of it down did it IMHO. But thats just me.

• Heart
  • Angry

Lady Pinkadella

No Marie, you have committed yourself to being a third rate cook at a deplorable dump in the middle of nowhere. It is not exotic, quite the opposite, it is mundane or worse.
Sorry, I fixed this for you:

No Marie, you have committed yourself to being a rat at a deplorable dump in the middle of nowhere. It is not exotic, quite the opposite, it is mundane or worse.

• Heart
  • Haha

Hedda Hopper

VIP Member
Oh we find it amusing that you fellas say erb.
I'm quite fond of finding out where words originate so, here's a little info. It wasn't too long ago that ya'll over the pond pronounced it with an /h/! It's not surprising that we pronounce it with an /h/ since the English that settled here spoke it like that. We have just carried on the tradition.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart

On Repeat

VIP Member
View attachment 2899427
View attachment 2899391

RaySqw785
4 hours ago
the delta between Amaury and Philip personalities is abyssal, one creating and designing from his own style and reflection, the other blablahting about design and style of others !

mireille4751
3 hours ago
Why not be tolerant towards people who are different from you? We admire Amaury for his craftsmanship. He is an excellent manual worker and he explained that he didn’t enjoy very much school as a child. Obviously Philip is an artist and an intellectual. He spends time reading books and is knowledgeable in history of art, architecture, decoration, tableware. He has very good taste. I am fond of both of them, equally. Each one is an asset to the chateau.

RaySqw785
2 hours ago
@mireille4751 "Tolerance will reach such a level that intelligent people will be banned from thinking so as not to offend the imbeciles." F.D
That pesky bird has come through the open door again and shat on Phiphi's jumper and a droplet has landed on his scalp.

• Haha

mrsp67

VIP Member
Massive sidebar. Please indulge us. .
I’m so delighted to meet you here. I loved Jordan, but Irbid was a challenge. Great to meet you here 😂
Definitely the country lol!! Amman is a melting pot, but the driving is impossible, but the DESERTS

• Heart

C'est moi

VIP Member
@spudbros keep popping up on my social media, this is what they should do for Patreon Days 😂

Baked spuds with topping choices... you can't beat them 😋 Is it just a British thing? My fav is coleslaw with grated cheese, cheddar or emmental. Comfort food. MarIE would manage to fuck them up.

• Haha
  • Heart

Imperious Me

VIP Member
Hugh did have one thing in common with Stephanie....he too was a whore-der

Bad bad joke I know🤪, I couldnt help myself....maybe I've been possessed by Henny Youngman😀
---

We call that tuna casserole. Made with boxed Kraft Mac & cheese and Campbell's cream of mushroom soup. I actually crave that every once in awhile. My mother used to make it when I was a child, that's what she considered cooking😀
He insists I made it for them as kids... there's no way in hell I'd mix tuna with bacon, and cheese sauce and pasta... (((shudders)))

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Freesia54

VIP Member
Wearing that jacket, he's trying to look like a country gentleman, the lord of the estate. He is, however, completely unable to carry it off as he is so ungainly, so crass, and so ignorant.
---

She should pay for a really excellent outside caterer to cook and serve two days' worth of excellent, typically French meals, in gratitude for the patrons who enable her to live as she does.
Didn't Dan help out last season... I remember he cooked food and brought it with him.

• Heart

Lady Lindy

Chatty Member
Just watched Nikki Positano's new kitchen in Tuscany. It's obviously beautifully bespoke made but I really hate the dark stained wood. If it was me I'd have the paint brush out as soon as the carpenter went down the drive 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
Well I have news. Don’t tell me what to do is getting confident about her skills again.
Not only do they think they need a chef to buy a slice of ham, the goat cheese man’s pies and lettuce from the garden but she is on her yachties watch out madness again.
The toggle between megalo and I'm-just-a-worm-under-Stephanie's-strawberry-slipper,-lucky-me, is really hard for me to follow.

• Heart

Hedda Hopper

VIP Member
Baked spuds with topping choices... you can't beat them 😋 Is it just a British thing? My fav is coleslaw with grated cheese, cheddar or emmental. Comfort food. MarIE would manage to fuck them up.
Actually, the loaded potato is an American invention, that said, it has been adopted and adapted to fit into many cultures.

"Back in 1908, the visionary head of the Northern Pacific Railway introduced a novel culinary delight - the baked Idaho potato. This innovative concept included a medley of fillings and toppings that transformed a simple spud, into an iconic meal for generations of Americans."

• Heart