Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

C'est moi

VIP Member
A fundraising trick missed there.
She would not have got £/€/$200/250 each for her sodding stars. I actually think she's doing better than the Patrimoine de France fundraiser! Monsieur Bern is missing a trick. He was on telly tonight. A monastery in Nord I think. He's intrinsically honest and kind. Though he does not suffer fools gladly.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Pencil Pine Principessa

Is this the ultimate goal of the Poisonous Porcelain Prince Phi Phi? Does he want a Porcelain room built to mimic the one at Versailles?
Oh mais oui! Nothing but the best for Madame du Barry’s alopecian poodle.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
Does Fanny just want to show she is French and use French words loudly in her vlog.
HOW is this like a caberet?

Where is Curtsey and why have the chapel restorers been MIA?

Talk was of Isable coming back in May? Bets anyone? I cannot imagine with the absolutely decrepit state of the place she will wish to return.
I never understood how those table lamps work.. I never see any cables attached.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

C'est moi

VIP Member
For Despicable fanny...

Actually, this could be me! This is exactly what I do with super delicate fabrics that have become "soiled" in some way. My family are still totally in awe of the magic I perform getting rid of their... stains. Nothing will defeat me. Tomato sauce, grease, makeup, sweat, unknown (!) substances. I can do it.

• Heart

C'est moi

VIP Member
Herb in the UK. Basil and Oregano pronounced differently from US here too so ba-sil rather than baysil and emphasis on "gano"in oregano rather than o-reg-ano. Coriander for us instead of cilantro.
We also fillet fish and chicken rather than fillay, tom-ah-to instead of tom-ay-to and so on.
I was just thinking - you know, I'm really getting into this episode of Hawaii 5-0... 🤣
However, as interesting as it seems, I think I'll head off the the VIP lounge. And besides, we have a major episode Cevenole heading our way overnight. Boton down the hatches, winds of over 100km/h predicted.

In French - Erb (herb). Ori-Gan. Ba-sile. Per-sile. Ro-ma-rin. Tim (thyme). Coriander. Oh, it's the same as British English. Es-tra-gon (taragon). Es-pice. Tom-art. Pomme de terre 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

Hedda Hopper

VIP Member
I once went for blonde… my hair was literally yellow. My friends husband gave me the nickname, Big Bird. ( I’m tall ). Needless to say, I went back and it was fixed.
Blonde is hard to do out of the bottle and get it right. I work closely with my stylist to get the right shade of ash blonde with just a hint of gold. She explained the whole process to me and I was very impressed

Rory

VIP Member
I've always heard the English pronounce herb with a hard /h/ sound. Some Americans pronounce herb with a silent /h/ and some with a hard /h/ sound. On the west coast of the US we use the silent /h/ sound, but I know Martha Stewart who is from the East Coast uses the hard /h/ sound. Okay, all you southerners, which way to you pronounce herb?

Others weigh in too please!
A UK comedian once said (directed at US audience) “we pronounce the word Herb as there is a fucking H at the start.”
Always amused me.

• Haha

Hedda Hopper

VIP Member
That's why its erb not Herb in regards to things like Basil, oregano and others. Fannys pronounces those strange as well.. But little did I know Zeeebra is really pronounced Zeb ra.
I've always heard the English pronounce herb with a hard /h/ sound. Some Americans pronounce herb with a silent /h/ and some with a hard /h/ sound. On the west coast of the US we use the silent /h/ sound, but I know Martha Stewart who is from the East Coast uses the hard /h/ sound. Okay, all you southerners, which way to you pronounce herb?

Others weigh in too please!

• Haha

M&MsMom

VIP Member
East Coast Americano here, and frankly more’s the pity recently but I digress.

I grew up with a silent H at the beginning of herb 🪴 a la Francaise.

Martha Stewart is just putting on airs with her affected speech, not unlike some other social climbers we know…
Exactly! I'm east coast, too, and I don't know anyone who pronounces 'herb' with the hard 'h'....except for the families in my neighborhood from the UK.

Fennelbug

VIP Member
I am not a train chef rather a sandwich master in fact before 10:25 AM today I catered lunch for three different orders. One was for 50 people which was sandwiches& salads one for 20 people which was sandwiches, garden salad, potato salad, cookies, and brownies and one was for eight people, which was cookies, sandwiches salad, potato salad, and a giant box of french fries my expertise is her patron days sandwiches, etc. But even in my days of liking CD I couldn’t flit off to France to help. I have a real job a real business so why would I go somewhere to take a free job for three days, pay your own airfare , when you have a real job to run your life. It’s very strange people that they get to come volunteer , and I believe most of them or the majority of them are wanderer people without real careers or people that are in an in between space

( talk to text as I am walking the dog. I hope it comes out correctly.)

Not one person can cater for up to 20 people

• Heart
Reactions: 15

ploppityplop2

VIP Member
Did you see the poor horses who panicked and bolted, running though London a day or two ago? It was horrific and they are in a serious condition. So sad. They were spooked by noise from a nearby building site.
Belgravia these days are full of houses with scaffolding being “iceberged” not surprised the horses were spooked by the noise.

• Sad
Reactions: 15