Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gertrude Maud

VIP Member
I think I’m the only one in the world who hates lamb. I don’t like the smell. I don’t like the taste. I don’t like the texture. My husband is Middle Eastern and he loves the lamb, but I make him cook it on the barbecue grill. It is not smelling up my house.
Your comment could have been my comment. I loathe lamb . . . and for the same reasons, and also like you I refuse to cook it so Mr GM grills it on the barbecue. Growing up, I think I had too many Sunday lamb roasts.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Hedda Hopper

VIP Member
With great trepidation, as it seems to be a rather contentious subject, I’m entering the Tattle lasagna zone!

In a nutshell, there is no one recipe for the definitive lasagna. Different regions in Italy use different components, while in the USA the “construction” of lasagna is driven by Italian-American cookery. A style that has evolved and been absorbed into everyday life in home kitchens throughout the States.

Two different regional types of lasagna.

View attachment 2902385View attachment 2902387

Quite, quite, different in looks and in the making, but both are lasagna! And there are many variations - not just by region, but sometimes family to family.

https://www.accademiaitalianadellacucina.it/en/notizie/notizia/italian-academy-cuisine-registers-updated-recipe-true-ragù-alla-bolognese

As can be seen from the above, Bolognese “sauce” is taken very seriously in Bologna. Just for the hell of it, this is the “protected” recipe for ragu alla bolognese.

Personally, my preference lies in Bologna, rather than Naples.

In the Lalande kitchen, Marie’s lasagna was much too wet - even letting it stand before cutting into it wouldn’t have helped much. Philip’s attempt was, at best, odd. The point, though, is they are both European and are much more likely to be following (or not!) a recipe for Italian-Italian lasagna al forno that doesn’t conform to what those who use Italian-American cookery see as a benchmark.

This is absolutely not intended as a dig at Italian-American food and its development in the States. Far from it. It’s more a recognition of the differences between Italian-Italian and Italian-American. Some much-loved dishes in America simply don’t exist in Italy - suggest chicken Alfredo to someone in Italy and they’d scratch their head. (I have to say that sometimes I have found the differences mystifying - marina sauce stumped me for ages, because I couldn’t understand why seafood didn’t enter the equation. An American pal put me right on that…accompanied by howls of laughter.)

I should probably have put this under a spoiler. Never mind!
I actually knew there was more than one recipe and style of lasagna! Pretty good for an American don't, you think? 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

JackSpratt

VIP Member
Is it that everyone else has got it wrong and Despicable fanny, and Thrush, are trailblazers...

No, I don't think so. But I'm sure they'll happily buy into this bullshit as an excuse to keep wearing the same clothes over and over and not bathe.

🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Eeeewwwe utchy crutches 🤢

• Sick

jojonz

Chatty Member
I dont watch them often, what was suspicious to me was they always said they were going to build a toilet block facility here for campervan and campers. The other side of this wall is covered in stone to match the Chateau. Was this mentioned? Can someone let me know so I dont have to watch.

They had ambitous plans, for the place but its been three years wheres the money coming from? Three utube three times a week and Patreon only?

Shut your go fund me down.

• Heart
  • Haha

Freesia54

VIP Member
Just a little fix Gerty 😘
---

Not last season. Maybe the year before or, even 2 years ago when all the fuckery and subterfuge was going on and he was playing away.
Ah yes that would be right as he used his kitchen in the farmhouse...

• Heart
I've always heard the English pronounce herb with a hard /h/ sound. Some Americans pronounce herb with a silent /h/ and some with a hard /h/ sound. On the west coast of the US we use the silent /h/ sound, but I know Martha Stewart who is from the East Coast uses the hard /h/ sound. Okay, all you southerners, which way to you pronounce herb?

Others weigh in too please!
If memory serves, weren’t you an English teacher over here? I tend to look at the etymology of a word for its pronunciation, especially if I’ve never heard it before. I’ve noticed over the years when one culture absorbs the words of another it’s often pronounces them differently, phonetics be damned. In this case, the “aitch” in herb would be correctly silent. Of course, regional differences are disappearing with the widespread use of the internet. l’ve been all over the world and constantly come up against words I know how to use but not say. Frankly I no longer use the distinction English and American English. There’s the obvious common root but they’ve diverged enough to be considered separate now.

• Heart

MsMuir

Chatty Member
Would it be great if they had a break in at the dump one night while the gruesome twosome were away and Marie was upstairs watching Netflix with Ratso? Nothing would be stolen, but someone would go thru the premises with a huge hammer and break all the porcelain and crystal at the dump, draw penises on all of the pricy new auction furniture and any portraits of Snorts. Fanny or Mummy with permanent markers, pour out all the bottles of expensive wine and champagne, and paint the shitty cabinet doors in the kitchen?
Sounds like a damn good plan to me and once again...I'll drive the getaway 🚙

• Haha
Reactions: 17

UvulaDonor

VIP Member
Yeah tastes like soap to me ☹
I think I read there is a link between coriander tasting like soap and some kind of hyper smell ability like a dog.
---
I've always heard the English pronounce herb with a hard /h/ sound. Some Americans pronounce herb with a silent /h/ and some with a hard /h/ sound. On the west coast of the US we use the silent /h/ sound, but I know Martha Stewart who is from the East Coast uses the hard /h/ sound. Okay, all you southerners, which way to you pronounce herb?

Others weigh in too please!
Oh we find it amusing that you fellas say erb.

• Haha

graciemckitten

VIP Member
Will a fox attack Ratso?

Will foxes attack small dogs?
There is no guarantee that a fox won’t attack a small dog, but the likelihood of such an attack is considered to be low. However, there are a few factors that could influence the likelihood of such an attack taking place.

For one, foxes may see small dogs as prey items, as they are typically much smaller than most foxes. In addition, foxes may view small dogs as a threat to their territory or young if they are present in an area where foxes are known to live.

If a dog barks aggressively at a fox or attempts to confront it, that could also lead to an attack. In general, it is advisable to keep small dogs away from known or suspected fox habitats and to always keep them on a leash when outdoors.

What size dog will a fox attack?
In the wild, a fox will typically attack prey that is smaller than itself. This means that a small or medium-sized dog is most likely safe from an attack by a fox. However, if a fox feels threatened or cornered, it may go after a larger dog.

• Sad
  • Wow

UvulaDonor

VIP Member
I'm also a vegetarian, when I see lambs in the fields, it breaks my heart that they are killed as young as 10 weeks old so that humans can eat them. 💔
I refused to eat meat as a kid when I was old enough to understand where it came from. I was about 12 when I started eating meat but even now I can be squeamish about it. I used to be horrified when I was first in Japan and went to a yaki niku place and asked what all the meat was - had to look it all up as I had idea; the dictionary came back with horrifying things like: fallopian tube or ovaries. :sick:

• Wow
  • Sick

Margo Polo

VIP Member
Hey Philip, you too can get a hair transplant that is cheap. Plus, you can get 100 dollars off. You are treated like a king.

• Haha

Cleo's Asp

VIP Member
Phyllis has been very busy assembling a new porcelain service: Herend's Rothschild Bird pattern. Tonight's dinner and dessert plates were specially used to greet the THREE tureens he just bought at auction and proudly displayed on the buffet.

View attachment 2898006
View attachment 2898007

The dinner plates retail at €145 each; the dessert plates are €95 each. Herend tureens retail between €1000 and €1500.

Here are comparable used tureens that sell/sold at US auctions:
Were they washed before being used?
---
they watched Rita Konig's interior course- he will have Herend, expect a trip to Robert Kite and Daylesford in the future, oh and match strikers
...and a trip to Budapest, no doubt, with a trip to the famous baths and a cruise down the Danube.

• Haha

Kickintheass

VIP Member
For the new Bridget Jones they must have taken inspiration from SJ and PJ as Bridgets love interest is 28 years younger than her. (The guy from One Day). It usually ends badly for Bridget, hopefully for SJ too.

• Haha

NotAChatelaine

VIP Member
Really random, serious derailing but I just stumbled upon this and it’s an interesting behind the scenes snippet from Knightsbridge Barracks about the horses in the Household Cavalry’s care, All things Trooper Petherick would have experienced.

The horses having their annual bucket and spade holiday in the Norfolk is a delight. (Not quite the same, but a fab thing to do in Barbados is going to Peebles Beach in Bridgetown at sunrise and watching the racehorses from the stables across the road having their morning swim.)

Last edited:
  • Heart