The Chateau Diaries #288 Stephanie has the life everyone dreams of and everyone else pays for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does it also indicate that Mummy and Percy are staying in South Africa for the foreseeable future? Will they ever grace the doors of the Dump again?

Why take nasty, useless Philip to South Africa? Is Stephanie afraid to leave him alone at the dump? Or with Marie? So much for traveling with Ratso. After this trip, they would have been away from Ratso for almost half the time they have had the dog. I love him so much, my ass. Losers.
Snorts doesn’t much like travelling to exotic climes. Remember how awkward he looked tip toeing through the jungle on safari. Talk about
a fish ( herring of course!) out of water. Certainly not an intrepid, macho colonial type!

IMG_4043.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Stephanie Jarvis is dying by a thousand cuts, slowly she is losing supporters and dollar amount. It will only take one good duck up, for the wheels to fall off her grift. When the very serious accusations against her happened previously, she was riding the crest of popularity and support, but now she is sliding, the fall will be bigger and quicker. It was great to see reader's comments on the Mail story calling her out. Just shows there are many others, apart from Tattlers, who are disgusted with her.
People will not be very forgiving in SJ's case. There is no hard work or sense of community even with her family members. They are flog fodder.
It's spending money on travel, brands and expensive restaurants. Greed & Glutony.

Her SA vacation after London/Venice/Vienna will be a very interesting time. I think next month we will see a larger number of people unsubscribing from patreon and she won't gain any new ones since in the past month? Only 2 people subscribered to her channel. Her travel video's ussually are doing the worst on her channel so her income will drop significantly.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
How did Wynona Ryder come back?

He must address it, people will continue to 'discover' the news article and ask questions. Leaving it unanswered would lead people think to think for what it is. What I'm going to say next is highly inmoral, so don't come for me 😁

He should address that him going AWOL from the military, and this thiefing business were all connected to his sisters suicide.
Emphasize how much he loved her, and looking up to her while growing up (make the audiance feel this strong sibling connection and the loss of it)
When she was gone, he fell into this black hole where he was angry at God for not looking after or healing his sisters difficulties.
Fueled with abuse of anti depressant pills, he made this big big mistake.

However getting caught was the best thing to ever happen to him. Because it gave him time to rethink his actions and suddenly he could see how very wrong it was. How he feels very embarrassed and that him stealing those items from churches wouldn't bring his sister back, nor heal the wounds. Instead he decided to turn his life arround and make a living of which his sister would be proud of him.
Also he should mention he made peace with God and the church now and his way of repaying for his sins was to restore the convent and help kick start the funds for the new organ in Norwich.

'I sincerely apologies for my actions and hope for your forgiveness'

He should then continue making flogs as if nothing happened and pick up the pace of renovations for a couple of weeks involving all family members. Mom trotter, sister and MPK clearing the garden/planting, Pa Trotter, Billy & crew swiftly moving in the library.

He would still loose some subscribers but he would also gain new ones. Especially the church goers would be all forgiven (It's a virtue, right) since he has been working incredibly hard these pasts couple of years and it looks like he has build himself a lovely little family.

P.s. I agree with Tattlers, that someone is out there to take the Pethericks down. It's a personal vendetta and they will not stop until all the dirty laundry is out.
I’m convinced they bought the convent as they knew this kaboom was coming. They never have had much direction with it. They have just being pottering around. Coming up a few ideas.

It has been 10 years. They served their time. They just had to ride out thr storm that ensued from the hearing or leaked information. I don’t quit understand how the French legal system works. What better way to show you are making amends by saving and renovating an old unwanted convent.

Luna you would make a good agent your marketing genius is shining thru. This is what all good agent tell their clients. Make lemonade out of the lemons. This too shall pass.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
People will not be very forgiving in SJ's case. There is no hard work or sense of community even with her family members. They are flog fodder.
It's spending money on travel, brands and expensive restaurants. Greed & Glutony.

Her SA vacation after London/Venice/Vienna will be a very interesting time. I think next month we will see a larger number of people unsubscribing from patreon and she won't gain any new ones since in the past month? Only 2 people subscribered to her channel. Her travel video's ussually are doing the worst on her channel so her income will drop significantly.
Can someone tell me what her Patreon returns please? It didn’t look too shabby to me when I last heard. You’d have to wonder at the lunacy of people to not only donate monthly but to buy stars for the chapel on top of it. It’s a cult as someone very wise above said !

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Ok was willing to give Marie a chance.... right out of the gate... hair hanging down and nasty table... they need a "noodle/bread board" instead of that nasty wood worm ridden table. And Fanny shame on you. Back for a heartbeat and if again. Did you catch???? She cleaned out her closet to take clothes to leave in SA. That says she is planning more visits a year or longer visits. And she has too many clothes.
Makes you wonder if Fanny fears the lawman is about to haul her off. South Africa does not have an extradition treaty with France specifically. That said they did knuckle under and accede to the 1957 European Convention on Extradition in 2003. I’m not sure if that would make Fanny vulnerable but it does make you wonder why she’s relocating so much of her wardrobe. Or has she just expanded beyond their fit?🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That's actually a good point - he probably shouldn't make a video! It reminds me that if I ever made a mistake at work, I never emailed a client or left them a voicemail - I wouldn't even leave a voicemail saying I had called, I would just keep trying to reach them live. I always apologized either in person or over the phone if a visit wasn't possible and depending how badly I had f'd up (thankfully, only a few times in my career). I didn't want an email trail that could come back and bite me later!

I just feel like people have very long memories and I don't see this going away for him unless it's addressed in some meaningful way. In your opinion, what does "riding it out gracefully" entail? Just keeping quiet for a certain amount of time, stay out of trouble, and pop back several months later and see how it goes? People certainly forgave his brother enough times, so maybe that would work?
Mistakes are made and people are forgiving.
I always tell my troops, if you duck up, let me know immediately. Don't try to fix it by yourself and hide it and let me know the full story. I don't care how embarrasing it is.

If they do this i'd be angry, if they hide and lie to me that's when they feel my wrath. Which is truely ugly.
You might think i'm harsh with the wrath comment. But when they lie and I go back to the client to fix the situation and defend my own and details/emails come to light which proves the opposite. it not only shows i'm defending a liar, but it also make people question the integrity of our company and me.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Hey Fanny, how are the curtains? Is that painted table all done? Got those fabric walls fixed? Did you figure out how to get the heating installation done? Is the bread oven room replastered? Is that chicken chateau done? How about those sagging beams? What’s the finish date on the grand salon and the bedroom renovations?

Bon voyage…NOT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
My advice to all my clients in turmoil is to STFU! Never Ever release an apology video… NEVER!

Did you do something illegal? STFU and let your legal team deal with it. Don’t get cute, Don’t get cocky, and for the love of god, do NOT talk to anyone about it.

Did you do something stupid? Are you getting cancelled? STFU and let it pass. In about 2-3 days someone else will do something stupid and everyone moves on to hating them.

Billy is going to be fine if he rides it out gracefully. He’s not big and famous enough for YT to go after him, I would just be quiet for a while and disappear. My guess is he probably knew this was coming up, hence the trip to Bordeaux which gives him a good excuse to disappear for a while. But as I said, the only time tit can hit the fan is when there’s an actual court ruling… so, I’ll be watching out for what happens to him. It’s actually a learning experience for me too, as I never had criminals for clients! 😆
Oh no we are not on the same page this time. 🥲
But you are the social media guru and know better than me. I can only talk based from corporate experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Good old Chaddie . . . my worst nightmare.
I don't go there all the time but my daughter and I make a day of it and have lunch around our birthdays.
We don't do much shopping but we love to look at the designer shops that the likes of Fanny sweeps into !

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I thought so too. Indeed I thought Aunt and Uncle had « begged » Fanny to go with them. Perhaps it was on condition they didn’t film them.
Did Stephanie really have two rooms at that hotel during the entire trip to Venice and one of the rooms was actually for her aunt and uncle? She decided to film both rooms and came up with a weak excuse that the headboard in the less expensive room was broken, so during the beginning of the carnival season, they received the more expensive room that just happened to be free as a freebie?

• Wow
  • Angry
How did Wynona Ryder come back?

He must address it, people will continue to 'discover' the news article and ask questions. Leaving it unanswered would lead people think to think for what it is. What I'm going to say next is highly inmoral, so don't come for me 😁

He should address that him going AWOL from the military, and this thiefing business were all connected to his sisters suicide.
Emphasize how much he loved her, and looking up to her while growing up (make the audiance feel this strong sibling connection and the loss of it)
When she was gone, he fell into this black hole where he was angry at God for not looking after or healing his sisters difficulties.
Fueled with abuse of anti depressant pills, he made this big big mistake.

However getting caught was the best thing to ever happen to him. Because it gave him time to rethink his actions and suddenly he could see how very wrong it was. How he feels very embarrassed and that him stealing those items from churches wouldn't bring his sister back, nor heal the wounds. Instead he decided to turn his life arround and make a living of which his sister would be proud of him.
Also he should mention he made peace with God and the church now and his way of repaying for his sins was to restore the convent and help kick start the funds for the new organ in Norwich.

'I sincerely apologies for my actions and hope for your forgiveness'

He should then continue making flogs as if nothing happened and pick up the pace of renovations for a couple of weeks involving all family members. Mom trotter, sister and MPK clearing the garden/planting, Pa Trotter, Billy & crew swiftly moving in the library.

He would still loose some subscribers but he would also gain new ones. Especially the church goers would be all forgiven (It's a virtue, right) since he has been working incredibly hard these pasts couple of years and it looks like he has build himself a lovely little family.

P.s. I agree with Tattlers, that someone is out there to take the Pethericks down. It's a personal vendetta and they will not stop until all the dirty laundry is out.
Thank you sweet Luna- now if you would like to vent to someone about the industry you work in, I'm here!

tit, you have described the formula for every hole in the world who wants to display instant repentance, instant acceptance.

Yes, for me it is the church aspect I find disgusting because a village/town church is more than a place of worship. It is a meeting place, a refuge, a centering of townsfolk. By stealing from these churches he has destroyed a lot of people's trust, questioned townsfolk's own morality and questioned their benevolence. You are right to hone in on that part, because that is greater than the actual monetary value of his thieving.

I have seen first hand the theft of artifacts, the theft of dignity, the shock of being vulnerable, that the Chinese have inflicted in Tibet and those communities are destroyed. They go underground. In the case of Billy's crimes they pay for security and lock their doors. Same.
I have seen the same in Burma where the junta have destroyed or appropriated Buddhist relics, Buddhist infrastructure. They go underground and in this case, fight back. I have seen the same in Modi's Gujarat(my home in India) where he allowed Muslims to be slaughtered and places of worship to be trashed. They have regrouped and most likely will fight back in future. You see, Billy and Gwen as an accomplice, has done more than steal items of little monetary value, he has broken so many people's core values, so much trust.

Luna, sweetheart, it will be a big sell to get that machine back on track! I wouldn't advise you to take on that hole!

PS Who is Wynona Rider?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m trying to figure out why the name of the third person involved with Billy and Gwen wasn’t shared in the news article? It’s not like Billy and Gwen are super famous…so why name them but not their accomplice who was also convicted? Maybe because whoever tipped off the Daily Mail has an issue with the Pethericks and wants to embarrass them but not the third person? Just seems strange that his or her name wasn’t mentioned.
Maybe it was the third person himself the one who tipped the DM, offered the story to the DM for some kind of revenge against Billy and Gwen with the condition of not be mentioned. Maybe the third person was a victim too, didn’t know the pieces were stolen. If so many of the items were recovered, the third person, as the dealer involved, may have help recover them.

Reactions: 16
Can someone tell me what her Patreon returns please? It didn’t look too shabby to me when I last heard. You’d have to wonder at the lunacy of people to not only donate monthly but to buy stars for the chapel on top of it. It’s a cult as someone very wise above said !
There you go!
She is at 31,200 in january 2024 a huge fall from her 36179 per month since last year. Almost 16%.

Her views from jan 2023 to 2024 has dropped by 62%.

Worrying numbers indeed 😁

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
If FRK did not buy a star then she is a little smart - remember I did write "a little" ;)

That woman can get very passive aggressive .
I am waiting for her to do all the meals - she will blow like a volcano as cooking for people can be stressful and annoying , especially if you have Fanny and Snorts special menu's to deal with ! ;)
Agree! There will either be a huge culinary disaster or she will get so stressed working in that kitchen and start a fight. I guess she will change her mind yet again and realise that LL is not her happy place. Someone (Nikki?) will have to come and rescue her just like Snorty did last time. Then, unless they get some volunteer servant to do it, Fanny will have to do all the cooking if Tante is not there or maybe Dana will give the B & B guests her falafels.I can't see it working well.
---
There's not going to be any birds left!
---

Has Marie ever stayed there alone? Does Marie let him run after the sheep as well?
I would not leave Marie alone to look after my house or animals. Remember how she filmed the rooms in the houses she stayed in for free, and also nearly lost someone's dogs? She is irresponsible and immature, rather like most of the other cast members

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Agreed, FRK is a loose cannon. What's going to be funnier - her cocking things up, having melt downs, or flouncing off mid-season leaving Fanny in the lurch?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
They are going for 3 weeks on another vacation and Carpenter Cuz is on another vacation. What have they actually accomplished inside the house since the Sagging Beam Sob Vlog of November/December of 2022??????????????????
At this rate, it doesn't look likely that there will be any heating even in time for next winter! When will the work on the Grand Salon begin? When they get back, it won't be long till the Easter shenanigans, and then the B & Bs will start. How can they start all that work when guests are there? There will be noise, dust and rubble all over the place and it will be a health and safety hazard, surely. I hope Sebastian and co will be able to get on with some of the other jobs while the two annoying children are away and, at least, they will not be there to celebrate St. Valentines day with their tacky tableware.
---
It’s curious that a story like Billy and Gwen’s conviction for theft would get picked up and published. Of course, we’re interested in it because we’re aware of the Pethericks…but they aren’t really big fish in the grand scheme of YouTube. The other interesting thing…the story plays up Billy and Gwen’s YouTube perspective…but not much, really, about Gwen’s wealthy background. Seems like a more interesting story would be how Gwen, a wealthy woman who inherited a large amount of money…with ties to the family’s multi-billion yeast business…was involved in robbing churches. Seems like that would be a bigger angle on the story. Instead, it was more focused on Billy…a relative nobody. Just seems like someone has an axe to grind with Billy, specifically. Lots of questions, but few answers.
The remark that Gwen made in court about not being shocked that Billy stole from churches because she knew he did not have a high regard for the Catholic Church seemed a very strange thing to say at a hearing. Was that supposed to be in his defence or the opposite or was she just having a go at the church? It could be interpreted in any of those ways. It also suggests that she didn't care what he did even though she tried to say she wasn't involved. Very odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
97e3b414-f157-4295-a870-23cb50ebf76c_text.gif

Teresa Bell
10 hours ago
Wondering if Phillip can find tighter jeans to wear? Just saying! 🇨🇦
The Chateau Diaries
2 hours ago
He’s on the lookout, but I’m not sure they exist 😂

3d8d0809-df07-46d1-af11-968160dd60d4_text.gif

thomas gansevoort
6 hours ago
This one's for Marie. Hi Marie, When Steph showed the clips you sent her from the cooking school, was the chef in that named Radu? If it's not Radu then I knew his doppelganger in NY. from the restaurant called 'le Streghe' closed now due to an astronomical rent increase. I still miss the place and Radu who made the best Macchiato's in the city
marie wiik
2 hours ago
Hi, I don’t think so

• Haha
No Mummy, I can't wait. I know I shouldn't have had another creme brûlée. I need a poop now!

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 10.43.59.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Does it also indicate that Mummy and Percy are staying in South Africa for the foreseeable future? Will they ever grace the doors of the Dump again?

Why take nasty, useless Philip to South Africa? Is Stephanie afraid to leave him alone at the dump? Or with Marie? So much for traveling with Ratso. After this trip, they would have been away from Ratso for almost half the time they have had the dog. I love him so much, my ass. Losers.
All I can say is poor Percy. I hope it doesn't cause a relapse for him. I bet Mummy is none too pleased that the gormless little companion is coming too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Bets on SJ’s chosen route for flying to South Africa (either Johannesburg or Durban, the latter if they’re going straight to the beach house)

Fly Limoges/Paris (or the train?…too much luggage for her porter to cope)

Paris/Jburg (direct)
Paris/Durban (direct)

or

Limioges/Stansted

Heathrow/Jburg (direct)
Heathrow/Durban (direct)

On her solo trip to visit poor old tuberculosised Percy, she managed to get herself from A to B with a connecting flight en route - London/Jburg via either Dubai or another of the Emirates (forget which).

Will she surprise us and opt for the logical choice?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.