The Chateau Diaries #288 Stephanie has the life everyone dreams of and everyone else pays for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It takes a lot for me to spew my tea but Fanny succeeded when she said " let's get on with the food planning now that we've signed the food safety document!":sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
Oh I just had to laugh when that came on........ especially when it looked like Snorts had Ratso's two front feet on the kitchen table before ! :oops:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
I noticed that as well in the last couple of vlogs. Oncle is smiling (sort of), but is much more straight-faced and often not locking up for the camera. I think he's happy to be at the shitoo and help out Amaury, but he's not so keen to be there without Amuary and forced to to hang out with Snorty. Tante & Oncle have co-existed with Fanny for almost 3 months straight which much be exhausting! The question is why are they babysitting Fanny?
Babysitting Stephanie AND trying to protect Amaury from being thrown under the bus by Cuz Stephanie ( it must be killing you…..) over the accident or any other issues.
---
The filthy chaise lounge aka Ratso’s pee and poo pad isn’t an appropriate piece in a kitchen either.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think there's a difference. Can't quite put my finger on it. Fanny is educated and grifting in a more interesting way is the closer I can come to it. She has farther to fall and is more corrupt, while still passing as upwardly mobile, lower middle class aspiring to aristo. The Pethericks are going nowhere, I don't see them pretending to be posh. Billy and Michael are bogarting Gwen's chateau for themselves. Gwen couldn't have taken it on without a brawny partner. Sitting in the Merc writing her dissertation while her boyfriend plunders the countryside? This is also enabling, just like Ma Petherick.
I think it may be Fanny is attempting to grift the rich, or the poor by making them aspire to aristocratic taste. Yes, that's it. The horseshit is way deeper. I am agog.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Mmmmm……jarred peas. YumYum Gimme Some. Ratso has bonded with Amaury already- he’ll soon be changing residences. Thank God.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Mmmmm……jarred peas. YumYum Gimme Some. Ratso has bonded with Amaury already- he’ll soon be changing residences. Thank God.
Ratso likes Marie but she is far too unstable and unreliable to care for Ratso. Amaury is better for Ratso.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Fucking
Off to South Africa just after Vienna & Venice, the
Renovationless chatelaine’s
Expensive lifestyle always takes precedence
Over actual renovations.

IMG_6746.png

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm not saying that that kitchen table isn't a germ fest BUT.........
Bread made with black olives can absolutely turn the bread gray, sometimes with an almost purple hue, particularly if the olives aren't drained well or are crushed when kneading the dough. Think about it, if you buy black olives, the liquid (unless oil cured) is often black. You mix that with whole wheat or white flour and you get gray bread.
We eat a loaf of olive bread a week here and no I don't make it myself, but I have in the past. Cheaper to just buy a loaf these days. And making bread is not my thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So who will be looking after Lancelot for 3 weeks?
There's not going to be any birds left!
---
Marie continues to make dirty kitchen table bread. She is so nasty when baking/ cooking.
Swanning off to South Africa, of course.

Stephanie wanting to show Ratso lunging at the sheep.Still no boots on Ratso Ratso has no sweater on yet everyone else Is in sweaters, coats, and scarves.
I love him so much, he melts my heart to Ratso as the gruesome twosome are ready to flee the Dump yet again.
I knew that auntie and uncle were called back to the Dump to watch Molly, Ratso, and the Dump, as Fanny heads off to South Africa and Amaury and Ñutty are on vacation, Marie cannot be left alone at the Dump.

Steohanie has been traveling nonstop since Christmas.Her second month of travel away from the Dump. Thought the heating system was supposed to be done by end of January? Not a peep.

Ratso dumped again.
Has Marie ever stayed there alone? Does Marie let him run after the sheep as well?

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Lesaffre is the company that produces the yeast that makes Gwen rich. There is a Saf Yeast Corporation in India that doesn’t appear to be connected and has been the subject of numerous court cases. Lesaffre is an enormous conglomerate with an annual turnover of €2.7 billion. They have their fingers in many pies worldwide. And it’s wholly owned by the family of it’s originally founders. Gwen is much, much more than just a multimillionaire.

Well I'm still playing catch-up after a couple of days reading. Thanks yet again to @ComtesseRose for the now really well used thread and in my best Uriah Heep voice I'm very 'umbled to be part of the thread naming

After having a quick gander at Lesaffre Web site they have 11,000 employees. Gwen is not just normal wealthy I'd say she's mega wealthy!
---
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

spiv
/spɪv/
noun
INFORMAL•BRITISH

1. a man, typically a flashy dresser, who makes a living by disreputable dealings.
Can't help but picture George Cole in the old St Trinians movies and that series with Dennis Waterman.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
It takes a lot for me to spew my tea but Fanny succeeded when she said " let's get on with the food planning now that we've signed the food safety document!":sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
---
I'll bet my first-born that food safety document had a header that read 'Ashburton Cookery School'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Looks like Marie rolled out her dough on the nasty kitchen table and placed her pan over it when she moved the dough to the baking pan. She need to review her food document safety guidelines again.
F538FF31-23FD-4D6E-BFD0-D83BD81FAF9D.png
843369AA-6126-42E2-9431-9371189A0697.png

• Sick
They are going for 3 weeks on another vacation and Carpenter Cuz is on another vacation. What have they actually accomplished inside the house since the Sagging Beam Sob Vlog of November/December of 2022??????????????????

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Billy and his issues seem to be minor in comparison to Fanny's grifting. I will still be following Old Bill to see what happens with the convent reno. At least he is doing some renos, unlike Fanny.
---
Gwen's parents were wealthy, therefore when she was a student they paid for uni, accomodation, food, car, pocket money, etc
So why would the couple steal ????? Drugs ?????
Or did her parents only give her the minimum because they were very angry and disappointed with her affair with Billy who was not considered to be the perfect son-in-law ???????

Her mothern was buried in July 2015. There was a service in church.
Her sister's partner is named in the announcement, but nothing about Billy.
According to the French news paper, they commited the thefts in 2014.
How awful if her mother knew about the thefts before dying.

For the moment they must be busy removing the comments and having meetings about crisis communication.
Shall he resume his videos pretending nothing has happened or....

That problem might be a trigger for a split up which I hope won't happen. Although I can't stand thefts, lies, shenanigans, etc, I hope it won't happen: 2 young kids, a whole family homeless, Billy jobless with no qualifications.....

An old French saying: "un moment de honte est vite passé" moment of shame quickly passed.
Kate Moss was caught sniffing drugs. She was lynched, lost her contracts, then she was back on work as if nothing has happened.
H Grant was caught with a prostitute; mugshot all over the media etc (IMHO they were 2 consenting adults and nobody was harmed, so WTH).
He never stopped working and In December he was bragging with Maxicon, the King and Camilla at Versailles.

People will not forget but will stop talking about it after a while but some scars will stay for ever.
Things will never be the same.
Would I do business with them ? No way.
If meeting him I would hold my bag tight 😨

It is wise to have cameras at the château and the convent. On the other hand, it also shows he knows too well....

What happened to Sally ? Why did she wanish ?????
Who is Sally?

• Heart
There's not going to be any birds left!
---

Has Marie ever stayed there alone? Does Marie let him run after the sheep as well?
I would not want to stay there alone, between the ghosts, the middle of no where, and all the noises and all the places for an intruder to hide until dark. No way I would I want to be there alone I would sleep with a gun under my pillow. Also I have three dogs that would defend me til death... Ratso barely barks...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Marie continues to make dirty kitchen table bread. She is so nasty when baking/ cooking.
Swanning off to South Africa, of course.

Stephanie wanting to show Ratso lunging at the sheep.Still no boots on Ratso Ratso has no sweater on yet everyone else Is in sweaters, coats, and scarves.
I love him so much, he melts my heart to Ratso as the gruesome twosome are ready to flee the Dump yet again.
I knew that auntie and uncle were called back to the Dump to watch Molly, Ratso, and the Dump, as Fanny heads off to South Africa and Amaury and Ñutty are on vacation, Marie cannot be left alone at the Dump.

Steohanie has been traveling nonstop since Christmas.Her second month of travel away from the Dump. Thought the heating system was supposed to be done by end of January? Not a peep.

Ratso dumped again.

I feel this will be the downfall of Franny, leaving Ratso all the time for self indulgent travel. People love their pets and to see these narcissists travelling all the time and leaving a baby puppy home in a freezing chateau the tables will turn. Plus the 100,000 chapel stars will also be her downfall. Animals, sentimentality plus religion will see the demise of the grifter.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.