The Chateau Diaries #288 Stephanie has the life everyone dreams of and everyone else pays for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Comments from last nights CD. Fanny has definitely put on her Angel wings to look innocent for her believers.
A nun…who watches has added to Fanny’s late Granny’s altar cloth collection, by donating one.

Was it Snorts who said St Francis was a monk?
It was Fanny.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I could see that. Don't be fooled, the Strawbridges are not nice people. They are bullies, they like to bully and they mix their business with bullies. They have hosted some real wolves in sheeps clothing at their chateau.
I’m trying to figure out why the name of the third person involved with Billy and Gwen wasn’t shared in the news article? It’s not like Billy and Gwen are super famous…so why name them but not their accomplice who was also convicted? Maybe because whoever tipped off the Daily Mail has an issue with the Pethericks and wants to embarrass them but not the third person? Just seems strange that his or her name wasn’t mentioned.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I also tend to think Marie may be responsible for a fair few accidents; remember her scrapes in cars? She had some in her own car as well as damaging the Jag. She didn't appear to apologise for that, and I think she can also be rather devious. If Ratso killed the cocks, he could well have been with her but would she admit it? She'd probably say he'd escaped from the building. Perhaps she could bump into the Ardmore vase. I agree she can be mean and nasty and I think she also deliberately tries to disturb others in an attempt to look superior, as if she's doing something important. How ridiculous to empty the fridge or cupboard and put everything on the table at a time when two other people were attempting to prepare a meal.
Don't forget making the car seats wet before a long trip AND killing the battery on the car same day... idiot, no remorse.. just "oh"..
---
Comments from last nights CD. Fanny has definitely put on her Angel wings to look innocent for her believers.
A nun…who watches has added to Fanny’s late Granny’s altar cloth collection, by donating one.

Was it Snorts who said St Francis was a monk?
So.. Did that Nun steal the cloth she sent to Fanny?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Who is keeping a track of the open and shut case of the bowl of hyacinths.
The flowers are closed here??
Have the dastardly duo gone to SA already?
I somehow recall Fanny mentioning Tante two tonne discussing staying at the beach house’ next time’ which might mean they are accompanying Fanny to SA?

Please can we get an air tag for Fanny it would save us a lot of wondering!
I see a 🧵 title here, Please can we get an air tag for Fanny? it would save us a lot of wondering 🧵

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Someone said the other day when Snorts is back with Mum n Dad he'll be saying how much his girlfriend loved this or that, well lookie here... He's already doing it... Every time he's out shopping with Marie apparently..
1707435535486.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
I’m trying to figure out why the name of the third person involved with Billy and Gwen wasn’t shared in the news article? It’s not like Billy and Gwen are super famous…so why name them but not their accomplice who was also convicted? Maybe because whoever tipped off the Daily Mail has an issue with the Pethericks and wants to embarrass them but not the third person? Just seems strange that his or her name wasn’t mentioned.
We don't really have enough details, so this is conjecture. I would think that the unnamed person was the one selling the items. He is likely the one authorities approached/caught first. Perhaps he made a deal with the authorities to cooperate, led them to who he bought them from or who gave them to him to sell, and he negotiated cooperation with anonymity?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@billybudd - Do you listen to podcasts?
I listened to this yesterday with Ruth Ben-Ghiat and it's very good.

Thankyou M&MsMom
This is good, just tuned in briefly and learnt the Trump (aka NE national embarrassment) decriminalised domestic violence! That went under the radar. Vile

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Who is keeping a track of the open and shut case of the bowl of hyacinths.
The flowers are closed here??
Have the dastardly duo gone to SA already?
I somehow recall Fanny mentioning Tante two tonne discussing staying at the beach house’ next time’ which might mean they are accompanying Fanny to SA?

Please can we get an air tag for Fanny it would save us a lot of wondering!
Moi. I have been watching that bowl @Lochness Monster and it is confusing, unsurprisingly. Shown closed after they were fully open. Then shown only just bursting into leaf. Then shown flowerless. Back and forth, back and forth. So kind of Fanny to leave clues that she continually mucks about with timelines

As for aunt and uncle I thought they were supposed to be with Stephanie and Philip during the last Venice mini vacation or am I getting muddled up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
And (unless I missed it) the local French article didn't even mention Billy and Gwen by name. It only referred to them as Chatelain/Chatelaine.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 2743538

View attachment 2743557

View attachment 2743545
Kiki, Kiki, Kiki, Keeks!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Don't forget making the car seats wet before a long trip AND killing the battery on the car same day... idiot, no remorse.. just "oh"..
---

So.. Did that Nun steal the cloth she sent to Fanny?
She’s not the brightest star in the chapel

• Haha
Reactions: 23
And (unless I missed it) the local French article didn't even mention Billy and Gwen by name. It only referred to them as Chatelain/Chatelaine.
When the accident happened at la Lande several of us were looking for it in the French papers. I know I tried and it was so difficult because there were never any names of people. I remember scrolling through days of reports on a couple of local French newspapers, scanning for names, and none were ever there. Then, I had to read and look for the type of accident and where it occurred, because at the time, it was not known that it had happened right at la Lande. It was very difficult. If I remember correctly, someone here who lives in France said that's how French newspapers report news like this.

I've always thought of the Daily Mail as a total rag of a paper. It could be possible news reports in France were picked up by a news service via Daily Mail, since where the Pethericks live has a lot of British expats with readers in the UK would be interested in. Then, when the Daily Mail saw it, they put two and two together and knew it was the Pethericks? Or they had a source at that courthouse who confirmed it was the Pethericks?

Reactions: 23
So the grey olive bread from Marie on Monday makes an appearance and Fanny & Snorts off to SA for 3 weeks

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.