The Chateau Diaries #288 Stephanie has the life everyone dreams of and everyone else pays for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lesaffre is the company that produces the yeast that makes Gwen rich. There is a Saf Yeast Corporation in India that doesn’t appear to be connected and has been the subject of numerous court cases. Lesaffre is an enormous conglomerate with an annual turnover of €2.7 billion. They have their fingers in many pies worldwide. And it’s wholly owned by the family of it’s originally founders. Gwen is much, much more than just a multimillionaire.

It's confusing....I checked the yeast in my cupboard, which I get from King Arthur Baking Co. It says SAF-Instant yeast, but the company name of "Lesaffre" is on the bottom of the bag. I never knew of another yeast called SAF.

1707429631142.png

And their website is called saf-instant.com

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
She turned a blind eye.. have to be careful who you associate with. She clearly didn't steal anything but look where she's at now. Who hasn't known someone sometime doing something illegal... Someone who does drugs, a friend who drives when they've had one too many, someone who always seems to have dodgy stuff to sell... Nobody tells the police. Billy has been at the convent 7 days a week, so I'm assuming things at home have been strained for some time. I will watch the convent restoration because it's extremely interesting, I like who he brings in to do the work, anything we know of now is stuff from 10+ years ago. The repercussions can only go so far. The stress, the $$, the time back and forth to court, the humiliation, marital/family stress, now some here saying his money maker/YT account should be cancelled... seriously, the guy was tried, in prison for 3 months, not allowed to see his partner.. How much is too much for stealing when you were young and dumb? Have you seen the news lately?

Reactions: 26
Something that I noticed…shortly after Michael released his “cry me a river” video about how Angel Strawbridge “stole” his wallpaper design and how the Strawbridges got them kicked off Channel 4, the story came out about Billy’s desertion from the military. A lot of us wondered if Billy’s AWOL was the real reason they were dismissed from Channel 4 (Dick Strawbridge wouldn’t have been happy about Billy’s desertion given his background). Then…in the last video Michael released on Doing It Ourselves (Chandelier Disaster), he poked fun at Dick Strawbridge…even included a video clip of Dick working on the chandelier and implying he was the reason for the issues. No more videos from Michael after that…and now the story comes out about Billy’s theft conviction. Both stories (AWOL and theft) in the UK Daily Mail. So…Are the Strawbridges behind the tip offs? Are they, not so subtly, telling the Pethericks (specifically Michael) to quit bleeping with them? Just a guess…but interesting thought.
I could see that. Don't be fooled, the Strawbridges are not nice people. They are bullies, they like to bully and they mix their business with bullies. They have hosted some real wolves in sheeps clothing at their chateau.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I'm still watching to see the con Fanny's downfall and would miss our little family of haters, menopausal hags, trolls, hellhounds, nasty witches, gobshites, snide cows, non-menopausal hags and esteemed tattlers.
I think there's a difference. Can't quite put my finger on it. Fanny is educated and grifting in a more interesting way is the closer I can come to it. She has farther to fall and is more corrupt, while still passing as upwardly mobile, lower middle class aspiring to aristo. The Pethericks are going nowhere, I don't see them pretending to be posh. Billy and Michael are bogarting Gwen's chateau for themselves. Gwen couldn't have taken it on without a brawny partner. Sitting in the Merc writing her dissertation while her boyfriend plunders the countryside? This is also enabling, just like Ma Petherick.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I must say, Uncle was fairly subdued in yesterday's vlog. No guffawing, making stupid double entendre jokes (at least on the vlog). If she said something to him, it was almost as if he couldn't stand to look at her and when he did he barely said a word. Either he's tired of it all, has begun to empathize a bit more with his son or he's very boring and has zero personality without a bottle of booze flowing through his veins.........
I noticed that too. Actually both he and Chantelle were not their usual 'play it for the camera' selves. As soon he realised she was filming when she walked in, his face said, oh no give us a break, can't we have a quiet moment without the pink phone. He also didn't like getting caught with a paper napkin protecting his clothes . . . on sighting the phone he quickly pulled it out of the top of his shirt. They wanted a down moment and she won't let them. I have no sympathy. It's the price they pay for being part of the grift.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
“someone waiting patiently for breakfast.” FRK Marie reads here daily ( and posts here under differing account names). As usual, suck up Marie is still desperately trying to curry favor with Fanny and keep her Dump job by posting inflammatory text along with photos of taking Ratso the chicken murderer back to temptation to show that the Dump crew will never change their disdain for animals and safguarding the chicken or peahens. NOTICE THAT RATSO IS NOT ON A LEASH? How many peahens, peachicks, peacocks, and formerly beloved hedgehogs and squirrels has he chased o4 caused to die? Was it lazy YOU DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO Marie or Fanny who caused the death of the roosters by hauling Ratso outside off his leash to use the bathroom while Spud and Beethoven were hanging around the exterior of the Dump and it’s doors mason they usually were or took him out to the gardens and chickens repeatedly off leash?

Is one of the reasons why Ratso doesn’t like Snorts very much is because his self identifies as a squirrel 30% of the time ( as well as hand.ing him roughly, and likely yelling, ir goring his pleas to go to the bathroom, and being mean to him off camera? I bet Ratso has a litter box upstairs in Fanny ir Snorts’ room that they try to get him to use so they don’t need to haul him down the steps, through the kitchen, etc, to let him out a dozen times a day. He also likel6nhas dozens of pee pads.

I hope Ratso peed on Fanny new $1400 bed sheets and duvet. Holiday from hygiene Stephanie will not notice it for months,

I believe off camera FRK has the same irritable, sour, mean girl disposition like her sister, mother, and mentor Stephanie.
I also tend to think Marie may be responsible for a fair few accidents; remember her scrapes in cars? She had some in her own car as well as damaging the Jag. She didn't appear to apologise for that, and I think she can also be rather devious. If Ratso killed the cocks, he could well have been with her but would she admit it? She'd probably say he'd escaped from the building. Perhaps she could bump into the Ardmore vase. I agree she can be mean and nasty and I think she also deliberately tries to disturb others in an attempt to look superior, as if she's doing something important. How ridiculous to empty the fridge or cupboard and put everything on the table at a time when two other people were attempting to prepare a meal.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I also tend to think Marie may be responsible for a fair few accidents; remember her scrapes in cars? She had some in her own car as well as damaging the Jag. She didn't appear to apologise for that, and I think she can also be rather devious. If Ratso killed the cocks, he could well have been with her but would she admit it? She'd probably say he'd escaped from the building. Perhaps she could bump into the Ardmore vase. I agree she can be mean and nasty and I think she also deliberately tries to disturb others in an attempt to look superior, as if she's doing something important. How ridiculous to empty the fridge or cupboard and put everything on the table at a time when two other people were attempting to prepare a meal.
Snorts own squirty mayo…with free range egg yolks in it!
Why do they have so much junk in that fridge. They do not use a pantry for things that could be stored there surely?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Thank you. I could have tried the dictionary first, totally forgot about it 🤭
But I actually thought spiv was a made up word, an acronym like awol, mia etc… as the corrector didn’t find it when I wrote.

Is Snorts a spiv too?
Nah he’s just a t*ss*r 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Who is keeping a track of the open and shut case of the bowl of hyacinths.
The flowers are closed here??
Have the dastardly duo gone to SA already?
I somehow recall Fanny mentioning Tante two tonne discussing staying at the beach house’ next time’ which might mean they are accompanying Fanny to SA?

Please can we get an air tag for Fanny it would save us a lot of wondering!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I noticed that too. Actually both he and Chantelle were not their usual 'play it for the camera' selves. As soon he realised she was filming when she walked in, his face said, oh no give us a break, can't we have a quiet moment without the pink phone. He also didn't like getting caught with a paper napkin protecting his clothes . . . on sighting the phone he quickly pulled it out of the top of his shirt. They wanted a down moment and she won't let them. I have no sympathy. It's the price they pay for being part of the grift.
I'm surprised they are there yet again. Surely they could take Molly to their property in the south. They must have promised IJ that they would babysit Fanny but if they are supposed to be reigning her in, they are not doing much about it. I agree that they are getting tired of being filmed at every single meal. I think Amaury has opened their eyes a bit.

Reactions: 24
I must say, Uncle was fairly subdued in yesterday's vlog. No guffawing, making stupid double entendre jokes (at least on the vlog). If she said something to him, it was almost as if he couldn't stand to look at her and when he did he barely said a word. Either he's tired of it all, has begun to empathize a bit more with his son or he's very boring and has zero personality without a bottle of booze flowing through his veins.........
Could be resentful because Fanny and Snorts won’t be bothered to empty out their hoarded tit everywhere and left it for the slaves to do.

Reactions: 19
Do any of you remember when they did a cooking competition? It may have been 3 or 4 years ago. FRK and I think Nasti were on one team, I can't remember who was Fanny's sidekick, it may have been Selmar...FRK showed her true colours, very competitive, ruthless.....
not the sweet innocent person she portrayed to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
But Snorts is allergic to citrus
Isn't it oranges that he's allergic to? It's rather like the fact that he's allergic to chicken but not to turkey. He's a little boy with food fads and his grandparents and parents and now, his surrogate Mummy, have over-indulged him.

• Heart
Thank you. I could have tried the dictionary first, totally forgot about it 🤭
But I actually thought spiv was a made up word, an acronym like awol, mia etc… as the corrector didn’t find it when I wrote.

Is Snorts a spiv too?
No, he’s just gross

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Do any of you remember when they did a cooking competition? It may have been 3 or 4 years ago. FRK and I think Nasti were on one team, I can't remember who was Fanny's sidekick, it may have been Selmar...FRK showed her true colours, very competitive, ruthless.....
not the sweet innocent person she portrayed to be.
Oh yes, that was quite telling. :)

• Heart
It is surprising that Billy has no interest or regard for religious items…?

From an early vlog that Ryan appeared in too -
At Billy’s chateau it is easy to spot In just one shot alone he has a pair of church candelabra and a figure of the virgin ….
Where did those come from? Why have them in the house?
Michael and Billy repeatedly made jokes as to their traveller roots , travellers with very few exceptions are very strict catholics.
Christening, first communion and marriage are big events .
There was a.vlog where Billy took down a religious picture and hung his you tube silver plaque in its place. There was a lot of backlash from the grannies

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.