The Chateau Diaries #284 PhiPhi, the boy who prepares peas & peaches, now prances like Potty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I appreciate "classic". Also, as mentioned, interested ethically like Fergus Henderson, for example, in whole animal use, and the expansive, delicious cuisine de misere frugal granny cooking that offal n bits represent. Being a snob about meat, or pretending the fancy cuts are Zen vegetarian and the haggis is disgusting suggests perhaps a little soul-searching might be in order. The lamb chop connected to the haggis. Would not exist without the haggis. And vice versa.
Larousse sez:
"pork and mutton, or with goose or duck"
Says there are three classic kinds:
Castelnaudary -- fresh pork, ham, knuckle of pork, fresh bacon skin
Carcasonne -- ditto, with the addition of shortened leg of mutton and partridge
Toulouse -- adds breast of pork, Toulouse sausage, mutton, and confit of duck or goose
It features two Castelnaudary recipes, both with breadcrumbs.
I don't think "knuckle" of pork can be construed as pig's or calf's foot. But Fanny's right, there's a good texture and taste you get from using them.
I’ve never been afraid of haggis, much to dad’s family’s horror, lol. I grew up with the boucherie tradition of boudin and boudin rouge, the Louisiana version of boudin noir. There’s really not a massive difference save the spices.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
daisyglade1283
22 minutes ago (edited)
Congratulations Stephanie, it was so interesting to watch the preparation of Grandmother's cassoulet. Philip deserves a gold star for picking up the meat ingredients from the butcher and a medal for bravery for wearing that pink hooded fleece!

@RinaValentina
9 hours ago
He has warm sweaters, I think he just prefers to look like an 8 yr old girl right now for some reason
@kimlarkin2630
4 hours ago
Philip is unique

@annabelbunyard1365
4 hours ago
Amaury's facial expression re Philip's hoodie just made me laugh out loud! Absolutely

kimlarkin2630
4 hours ago
Wine & Sorbet Philip......WTF

@mranta9361
12 minutes ago
Lookes like there is some poop on the carpet, right nex to the bed...Philip should stop eating so much milk products, he's little tummy can't handle it.

susanakurdi3563
5 hours ago
Lancelot isn't growing a lot is he.

Snorts aka the duchess is a little upset this morning:

@dimitrastavrou3761
27 minutes ago
YOU DO NOT L O V E ANIMALS . YOU BELONG TO THE MAGORITY

@theduchess9019
20 minutes ago (edited)
Oh, dear... WTF is this one on about?
Tqi-PX0TF1MqEXAowDhGCC6g=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

@theduchess9019
18 minutes ago
Just a practical tip: better not use upper caps if you're illiterate

@xamin2
29 minutes ago
When are you taking down the Christmas decorations? Or are you leaving them up for next Christmas?

@theduchess9019
17 minutes ago
Here comes another chief inspector from the tinsel police!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Why does Billy keep saying in his latest video no one is going to use the kitchen? It comes across like he is making a point about something.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Why does Billy keep saying in his latest video no one is going to use the kitchen? It comes across like he is making a point about something.
I agree, he has made a few comments about the kitchen not being used. Rather odd. It's also odd to build a library when he has no books. I'd love to know how much he has spent on the Convent so far. Eye watering no doubt.

• Heart
Wanted to thank you for the tip about ITVX app to watch Mr Bates vs The Post Office via VPN.
Great tip even if I dont have VPN but my older son is coming home this weekend and he uses VPN and he will stay with us for two weeks… guess we can find some time to watch this series with his VPN. Can’t wait.
I binge watched the whole series.... be prepared to be enraged.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I agree, he has made a few comments about the kitchen not being used. Rather odd. It's also odd to build a library when he has no books. I'd love to know how much he has spent on the Convent so far. Eye watering no doubt.
I suppose it will all be revealed eventually.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was thinking the same. All that work and skill going into that gorgeous kitchen and the Billy says it's not going to be used! Then at the end he crouches in a space between 2 cupboards and says he's found a wine fridge that is a perfect fit, for keeping wine at the correct temperature to have with meals! It's all rather contradictory. Is the convent going to be a showroom to show what skills the various artisans have?

There is no doubt The Pethericks are doing an amazing job. And throwing shade at Despicable fanny along the way.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Philip is an avid reader on books of architecture and design but is NOT a licensed architect, engineer, or professional interior designer.
Do Not Agree about Snorts being an "avid reader" however I am sure he looks at the pictures / photos.

I actually find Fanny and Phyllis' jaunts to bookshops to be among the most vulgar of their shopping expeditions and the most revealing of their ignorance. Remember their visit to Oxfam in London a couple weeks back? 'Look, Mother. Different column designs!'

i'm smart.JPG

• Sick
  • Heart
[
Those curtains could be beautiful in the right setting . Lalande is not the right setting. There is not one tastefully calm room in that whole damn place for guests to relax. Its the epitome of the saying money doesn't buy you good taste. It has no cohesive personality, just like the owners.
“…in the right setting” is the crux of the problem in every room.

Stephanie can read all the books she likes, she is incapable of seeing the overall picture created by her ill-considered choices. Every room is not just a riot of colours, patterns, ill-matched furniture, mirrors, paintings and lights, it’s a full blown revolution. A cacophony of “things” that Stephanie thinks work wonderfully - and I do mean cacophony because her attempts at interior design screams discordant chaos.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh he certainly is enough... any more of him and it would be too much...even Amoury had had enough of his enoughness
---
Oh he is soooo tired and did not want to go out and get a pigs foot !!!

What the hell does he do all day to be soooooo tired !!! :mad:

Fanny listening to the birdsong........ oh how she is aging . Bright light will get ya all the time!!! ;)
What time did he set off? It was pitch black when he came back...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
You are awesome at sleuthing!

Wow. 28 year old “ boyfriend” Śnorts has 9 dinner plates $164.00 each,$1476.00 before taxes.
Snorts also has 9 matching pink Sevres plates $261.00, $2349.00 before taxes.

The late 1700's to mid 1800's Sevres wine glass cooler?
Could be approximately anywhere from $800 to maybe $2,000 or more Khillip probably bought it in an online auction or of Ebay. Can anyone locate it at auction?

SO, at the same time as Stephanfraudie and the Dump crew were in the middle of the ebegging Star scam to “restore the chapel”, they were dining at the Dump using $4,600 of Sevres plates and a 150 year old + Sevres wine glass cooler. That is using just one set of expensive china. Stephanie and Khillip together must have at least 30+ sets of luxury china.

Where does Snorts get close to $5,000 to spend on “his” set of Louis XV Sevres china and a 150+ year old Sevres wine cooler? How much money do they blow every month on expensive crap?

Click to see Sevres plates and pink plates:

Click to see Sevres monteith, wine glass cooler.

Stephanfraudie and Snorts are obsessed with Versailles, Mari Antoinette, mistresses, and Louis XV And love to swill expensive champagne at the drop of a hat. She will never accept that she owns 50% of s crumbling farmhouse and not a mini Versailles. Snorts refuses to accept he has no ownership in the Dump whatsoever.

They love to break open bottles of champagne several times a month. Why champagne all the time?

“During this critical time, Louis XIV, “the Sun King,” ascended to the throne in 1643—at age 4. Over the next 72 years of his reign, the sun-dappled sovereign served as Champagne’s most visible brand ambassador. On the advice of his doctor, Antoine d’Aquin, he drank Champagne at every meal for most of his life. (That is, until his later years, when a new doctor prescribed a Burgundy cure.)

A favorite of the court at Versailles during the reign of Louis XV, the Sun King’s great-grandson and successor, was Claude Moët, who founded his Champagne house in 1743 and quickly became a supplier to Madame de Pompadour. This official mistress to Louis XV famously said, “Champagne is the only drink that leaves a woman still beautiful after drinking it.”

Info on Monteiths, wine glass coolers.

Hold onto your tits then, because this is really gonna make your head spin. I couldn’t find a sale listing for that particular monteith, but I did find one from that era. Now, bear in mind this service was made for the exclusive use of the king at Fontainebleau, so there is zero chance PhiPhi found it anywhere unless he slipped it under his hoodie on a tour. Until Bernardaud reproduced it, it was not available to the general public. At one time that particular monteith was available as a bespoke item from Bernardaud, though it’s no longer showing on the website. All this to say, below is the only current sale listing for a Sevres monteith of the era. If PhiPhi truly has one of the pieces from Louis XV’s Fontainebleau service it would be far, far higher priced than this. Most likely France’s le Ministère de la Culture would like to speak to him as well, just to clarify its provenance. And they are brutal if there’s anything even slightly hinky.

IMG_6491.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Snorts should get this wallpaper for his lady office it will remind how many chairs he needs to re cover.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Thank you! You are very kind. It is all a result of group effort, Your research and posts are always awesome and seriously, impeccably sourced. We are fortunate to have members with strengths in so many areas. For example, just off the top of my head, in the last week you provided a fabulous spread of chapel party photos and photo shoots, Lochness amazingly identified John the chateau owner and his profession as an attorney, MrsHaversham located the current Sevres porcelain manufacturer and the Louis XV porcelain purchased by Snorts, Tuffitti downloaded and posted the Patreon video, Tartuffe discovered the auction site and curtain purchases and has located several other auction purchases, Jack Spratt provided valuable info on the Dump heating system/ accident, etc. As always, ComtesseRose was invaluable at creating and managing our threads, tailoring the thread titles perfectly and keeping the thread running smoothly.

It seems like every week, different members come forth with research, observations, and information about topics concerning the Dump (locating designer dresses, antiques, hotels, French laws and regulations, etc.) and the Dump crew. It is amazing how much we all discover and learn by pooling our different respective life experiences, sleuthing skills, and dogged determination. We also piss off Snorts, Fanny, and Mummy, which, of course, makes it all worthwhile,

• Heart
Reactions: 50
@Sgirl
8 days ago
Nosey is the correct word. Butting into people's private lives that they've chosen not to share. We are strangers to these people. They don't know us, and they're under no obligation to share their private lives.
Total bullshit. Let me explain something to you, @Sgirl…or Philip…or whoever the duck you are. It’s disgusting when YouTubers like Stephanie Jarvis claim to open their doors and share their lives…all while collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars (literally). Then turn around and scream “I want my privacy” when it’s convenient or uncomfortable for them. I mean…the name of Stephanie’s channel is Chateau Diaries for god’s sake!!! In my book, it’s all fair game. How much money has Jarvis collected for the not-so-grand salon, the lake, the chapel…and what’s been done? When people ask legitimate questions about progress, they’re told “it’s her money to do as she pleases…it’s none of our business.” Again…bullshit!!! You have one thing right, @Sgirl…we are strangers to these people. So STOP giving them money!!! Sgirl rekindles my disgust for these people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Hold onto your tits then, because this is really gonna make your head spin. I couldn’t find a sale listing for that particular monteith, but I did find one from that era. Now, bear in mind this service was made for the exclusive use of the king at Fontainebleau, so there is zero chance PhiPhi found it anywhere unless he slipped it under his hoodie on a tour. Until Bernardaud reproduced it, it was not available to the general public. At one time that particular monteith was available as a bespoke item from Bernardaud, though it’s no longer showing on the website. All this to say, below is the only current sale listing for a Sevres monteith of the era. If PhiPhi truly has one of the pieces from Louis XV’s Fontainebleau service it would be far, far higher priced than this. Most likely France’s le Ministère de la Culture would like to speak to him as well, just to clarify its provenance. And they are brutal if there’s anything even slightly hinky.

View attachment 2698334
It is not very attractive and they will never use it-again just bragging rights. Sad really they're are so pathetic and unsure of themselves they have to have labels on everything and pay way over the odds to make themselves feel important. This is what happens when you have never felt good enough or as though you below. Coming from the local Comprehensive and then going to Oxford Fanny has always been trying too hard and it is a dead give away. She hasn't developed her own style or even personality because she is always social climbing and yet her affectations seem so gauche like her speech patterns. Poor Fanny 50 and still trying to be something she isn't-people with real breeding and class would never name drop and they certainly wouldn't beg and con-she really is such a sad case.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I take back what I said about a cookbook. Tonight's recipe was revolting.
Yeah I think that hoof was gross and unnecessary. She's making stock for gods sake, any pork bones eg the hocks she had was sufficient, all she had to do was add another to make up for the missing hoof 🤢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I h
It is not very attractive and they will never use it-again just bragging rights. Sad really they're are so pathetic and unsure of themselves they have to have labels on everything and pay way over the odds to make themselves feel important. This is what happens when you have never felt good enough or as though you below. Coming from the local Comprehensive and then going to Oxford Fanny has always been trying too hard and it is a dead give away. She hasn't developed her own style or even personality because she is always social climbing and yet her affectations seem so gauche like her speech patterns. Poor Fanny 50 and still trying to be something she isn't-people with real breeding and class would never name drop and they certainly wouldn't beg and con-she really is such a sad case.
I have long believed Fanny has impaired social and communication skills and recent research into the PDA profile in Autism just had so many features that reminded of her that I became totally distracted from my original inquiry . The infographic below explains the escape into fantasy land and her exhaustion and flu when she is expected to prepare for visitors. I also think PhiPhi is a fellow tribe member with his obsessive porcelain collecting and very picky eating
IMG_9675.png

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Thank you! You are very kind. It is all a result of group effort, Your research and posts are always awesome and seriously, impeccably sourced. We are fortunate to have members with strengths in so many areas. For example, just off the top of my head, in the last week you provided a fabulous spread of chapel party photos and photo shoots, Lochness amazingly identified John the chateau owner and his profession as an attorney, MrsHaversham located the current Sevres porcelain manufacturer and the Louis XV porcelain purchased by Snorts, Tuffitti downloaded and posted the Patreon video, Tartuffe discovered the auction site and curtain purchases and has located several other auction purchases, Jack Spratt provided valuable info on the Dump heating system/ accident, etc. As always, ComtesseRose was invaluable at creating and managing our threads, tailoring the thread titles perfectly and keeping the thread running smoothly.

It seems like every week, different members come forth with research, observations, and information about topics concerning the Dump (locating designer dresses, antiques, hotels, French laws and regulations, etc.) and the Dump crew. It is amazing how much we all discover and learn by pooling our different respective life experiences, sleuthing skills, and dogged determination. We also piss off Snorts, Fanny, and Mummy, which, of course, makes it all worthwhile,

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.