The Chateau Diaries #284 PhiPhi, the boy who prepares peas & peaches, now prances like Potty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Take a look at these cd comments over the past 4-5 days by Dump bully accounts aka Khillip. Look at how much anger, hostility, and sarcasm he has when he encounters comments about his decorating, identification of the "mystery" bracket, involving the church in the chapel restoration, etc. He has serious anger issues:

@aiglonducal314 Dump bully account

@NotTheExpert2
6 days ago
The Feng Shui practitioner in me is loving the absolute beauty of the mirror but cringing that it directly opposite the bed.
@aiglonducal314
5 days ago
Do you think the Chinese care about 18th century French interior design etiquette when arranging their homes? I think not. Why the Hell do you think Stephanie should give a toss about freaking Feng shui

@krissader4855
6 days ago
I have an idea for the mirror. The lower white moulding behand the mirror up by the ceiling can be removed the exact with of the mirror. Then the mirror can be snugged up against the wall. Label the moulding so if it needs to be installed back sometime it can be found. I think the leaf that sits high will sit infront of the higher ceiling moulding. The top edge of the mirror will in essence replace the piece of white moulding. So, the bottom moulding wil travel as such: several inches of white original moulding, the gold top moulding of the mirror, several inches of original white moulding. What do you think?
@aiglonducal314
5 days ago
I have another idea for you: read the comments instead of repeating what's already been said countless times.

gingermele3111
6 days ago
Feng Shui the Chinese art of placement, says it a mirror is never supposed to reflect the bed or the occupants in the bed. Fang Shui is the art of arranging buildings, objects, and space in an environment to achieve harmony and balance in a way
@aiglonducal314
5 days ago (edited)
Do you think the Chinese care about 18th century French interior design etiquette when arranging their homes? I think not. Why the Hell do you think Stephanie should give a toss about freaking Feng shui?

user-qv2tq1eh4u
6 days ago
Mirror is beautiful but to big for the room.
@aiglonducal314
6 days ago
*too And no, it's not.

@charlottetrujillo2207
6 days ago
Your father’s painting looks better. The mirror is too oversized
@aiglonducal314
6 days ago
Why are you so eager to share with the whole world that you have no taste whatsoever
@aiglonducal314
6 days ago
Nope.

@frontenac5083 Dump bully account:

N-A-uw5fp
5 days ago
You may not care, but I thought I would let you know that it is very bad feng shui to have a mirror at the bottom of your bed. You can look it up and see why. it’s a very beautiful mirror! Great find Philip
@frontenac5083
6 days ago
No, thanks. I don't think we need to look into any of this nonsense. You, on the other hand, could try to grow up.

@NewChannel-wi7vj Dump bully account:
@dawnpilkington1212
6 days ago
Pity the mirror is too big for the space
@NewChannel-wi7vj
6 days ago
It's not. Pity you feel like commenting even if you have no eye for this sort of thing.

jeannebernard923
6 days ago
The mirror is beautiful, but per feng shui, I think the bed should not face the mirror and be in line. This is what I know
@NewChannel-wi7vj
6 days ago
And the random bollocks you've learned are worth sharing, for some reason, right? (Even if it's been done by plenty of other loonies in the comments already.)

@barryjamesreeves
6 days ago
I think it’s too big
@NewChannel-wi7vj
6 days ago
It's not, though. So, you think wrong.

CJ-bn6gf
6 days ago
Bad Karma for relationship to place a mirror opposite bed
@NewChannel-wi7vj
6 days ago
LUNATIC

@judyhoikka8400
5 days ago
You are confusing karma and feng shui

@CJ-bn6gf
5 days ago
OK Feng Shui..the manic screeching in these videos is giving me brain fog

@eileenworth7862
6 days ago
17th century? It may be haunted.
@NewChannel-wi7vj
6 days ago
18th (Obviously)

@irishdancer2753
2 days ago
Stephanie and Phillip, very enjoyable video. Love all your stunning draperies, simply beautiful! Such talent Stephanie! Actually, everyone who has stepped foot in to your Chateau and has helped, are all talented! Beautiful to see!!
@NewChannel-wi7vj
2 days ago
*Philip

lisaakinlabi
1 day ago
OMG how cool is that, to have the bracket! It can be copied I'm sure.The gifted sconce will be great! I love the scale and the style of it, very well suited. I keep thinking, how can LaLande keep the excitement going? You truly do have excitement each day, when new things come, old things are repurposed and restorations are constantly unfolding into old world splendor
@NewChannel-wi7vj
1 day ago
It's either "Lalande" or "la Lande". Random capital letters inside of words are not a thing in French.

enigmabunny1
1 day ago
I’m pretty sure the bracket is supposed to hold a sanctuary lamp.
@NewChannel-wi7vj
1 day ago
I'm pretty sure it's been said countless times in the comments. You know, the ones you couldn't be bothered to read before adding your own spam.

@jpfloru8669
1 day ago
Update on the lake please
@NewChannel-wi7vj
1 day ago
It's still dry, as you can see.

nadeansimmons226
1 day ago
It would be really nice if you offered the chapel restorers a warming meal sometime
@NewChannel-wi7vj
1 day ago
They're not random bums off the streets. They're qualified and payed (well, I would hope) to do their job. Do you offer free meals to your postman or your bus driver, for some reason?

sarahofer4368
1 day ago
Would it be possible to have solar panels for the Chapel lighting/heating/cooling?
@NewChannel-wi7vj
1 day ago
And where would you install these eyesores?

@theduchess9019 Lego Dump bully account:

laurachicchelly3012
1 day ago
Stephanie, today you stated that the chapel has not been deconsecrated. Please Please Please double check on that. If it is still an active Catholic church, you, Nick and Micheal have a responsibility to preserve it under the Catholic church guidelines. Please bring in a parish priest from the area to help guide you along the restoration
@theduchess9019
1 day ago
LOL!

kathleensmith8365
1 day ago
Remember, there should be one red lamp easily seen on the wall often on the left side which is lit to indicate the presence of Christ in consecrated hosts in the tabernacle. The reason for the chapel existing. That sketch you have with the single lamp looks like that red sanctuary light. Any traditional Catholoc chapel will have that lamp. It burns 24/7 if the Sacred Host is in the tabernacle.
@theduchess9019
1 day ago
I've yet to visit a Catholoc chapel. Is it much different than a Catholic one?

r
amonapansegrau2217

1 day ago
It’s so dark outside - please consider some solar lights along your pathways for safety
@theduchess9019
1 day ago
Oh, for crying out loud! Please consider getting a life!

Fallster
1 day ago
I’m sure you are aware that soy based candles do not burn the same way as candle wax and leave no residue on the walls. An idea here?
@Monitschka
1 day ago
There is nothing compared to real candles in simple chandeliers.
@theduchess9019
1 day ago
Yes: a great idea would be not to light a naked flame in the chapel. When the newly restored building catches fire, residue on the walls will be the least of their worries!

@meredithharvath4934
1 day ago
You need a sacristan consultant, especially more than ever, now you know it has never been deconsecrated.
@theduchess9019
1 day ago
Is that so? Lol/

chiaramaria308
1 day ago
I have so many concerns with the fact that the chapel hasn't been deconsecrated. The Bishop or Priest in the Parish should be contacted. ASAP. It isn't proper as the chapel has not been used as it should be by Catholics in a State of Grace.
@theduchess9019
1 day ago
WTF!?

johnwollschlager9827
1 day ago
The bracket and lamp is probably a sanctuary lamp - there would only be one and it would be near the altar.
@theduchess9019
1 day ago
No way! Almost as if the countless comments already telling us that were right!

judiehavard4903
4 days ago
What do you mean by...getting permission to open the window? Why do you need a permission?
@theduchess9019
4 days ago
They don't. For some reason they are afraid of the official local "authorities" and think they have to comply with every single thing they say or jump through any hoop (which is the reason why they had the lake drained in the first place, for example) rather than just doing the things they want (within reason, obviously). Reopening a window that was there before, for instance, is a matter of a couple hours' work, and that's it. They've got no neighbours nearby, nobody would ever notice it anyway. And as you may well know already, the building is not even listed. (If they knew what the French government does to listed buildings on a daily basis, believe me, they wouldn't worry for a simple window!)

@frontenac5083 Lego Dump bully account:
susanhayirli8474
5 days ago
Making this video is the hardest thing but thank you for raising awareness of such a horrific disease
@frontenac5083
4 days ago
WTF are you on about?

@robertdelaria3512
6 days ago
Angle it down
@frontenac5083
6 days ago
Oh, dear.

@kindlydude NEW DUMP ACCOUNT PLANTING FAKE GUSHING COMMENTS and Ugly Comments:
lollygee172
2 days ago
I wonder if the simpler french style curtains was also due to the French’s faithful use of shutters? I’m American so shutters are a foreign concept to me, but wonder how faithfully you use them at Lalande and if using them would help preserve the silk?
@kindlydude
1 day ago
...but who wants to live in a darkened room? I suppose if you leave your bedroom never to return till evening that would work. But as La Lande works almost like a hotel, they want the rooms to look cheerful for their guests.

jodrakeley8568
1 day ago
If you would like some new textiles in the chapel (or indeed some you already have restored) I would love to donate some time to you. I worked as a ecclesiastical embroiderer
@kindlydude
1 day ago
Wow! what a generous offer! You should send photos of your work, which is more likely to capture Stephanie's attention

@Violet_Vampyre
1 day ago
Natty might like to have her own private office
@kindlydude
1 day ago
Then Natty would be filmed less often and we wouldn't get to see her delightful smiling face every morning

ludovica8221 THIS ACCOUNT IS SUSPICIOUS. PLANTING IDEA ABOUT GETTING OTHER CD VIEWERS TO OFFER TO BUY STARS FOR VIEWERS WHO CANNOT AFFORD THEM.

ludovica8221
5 days ago
watching the pair of you flapping excitedly, faffing about with curtains, really ought not to be so freakin adorable and entertaining, but it totally is. Your humour and enthusiasm it so infectious. I love that the blinds were *exactly where all the You Tube commenters said they were*. The room looks lovely and the warmer shade of the curtains does make it both grander and cosier, weirdly, Philip was right about your bedroom mirror. It's fantastic (and the right size, the tiny chunk out of the coving notwithstanding. Super easy to replace if necessary. Thumbs up for the chapel and I really wish I could dedicate a star to my friend Alan Merrill who died of Covid almost 4 years ago now, but sadly I have to consider the constraints of my disability benefit and be sensible. It looks wonderful though and I am so happy for you that everything seems to be going in the right direction. Thanks for just being there and being smiley and joyous

@evmcelroy
5 days ago
Ludovica, I will be happy to dedicate a star to Alan Merrill for you. After I know the location of it, I will let you know.

@ludovica8221
4 days ago
@evmcelroy I have tried to reply twice but You Tube is glitching and eating my replies. I dont know how I can thank you enough and tell you all about Alan if it wont accept my comments, I am blown away by your generosity

therealtartuffe
14 hours ago
Stephanie, it is yours and Philip's chateau. You are the ones who should decide. Trust your instincts. You are never wrong. Natalie can choose curtains for her own apartment
@dawnpilkington1212
13 hours ago
Phillip’s chateau?? Since when?? Nick and Michael Potts are the co owners
Woah, so very very toxic. Did you notice the switching back and forwards between first and third person 🤣

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
@theduchess9019
17 minutes ago
Here comes another chief inspector from the tinsel police!

is she or paying for botswarming of real users to quieten down distension not phillipfending , hed have dirty hands in this finding a botswarming app . This seems to be the case when the subject is random in the comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I was thinking the same. All that work and skill going into that gorgeous kitchen and the Billy says it's not going to be used! Then at the end he crouches in a space between 2 cupboards and says he's found a wine fridge that is a perfect fit, for keeping wine at the correct temperature to have with meals! It's all rather contradictory. Is the convent going to be a showroom to show what skills the various artisans have?

There is no doubt The Pethericks are doing an amazing job. And throwing shade at Despicable fanny along the way.
He’s always had a plan. There is no way he’s done all this for no reason. The kitchen has been set up strangely for easy use. Time will tell I guess. He was in a strange mood on that vlog. Showing how many steps it takes between the coffee station and the fridge was odd?? IMHO.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yeah I think that hoof was gross and unnecessary. She's making stock for gods sake, any pork bones eg the hocks she had was sufficient, all she had to do was add another to make up for the missing hoof 🤢
Not meaning to split hairs but... It is a trotter not a hoof. And to echo @billybudd earlier post trotters do give amazing flavour and texture to stock. In France they are quite a thing, readily available from "most" (if you get my drift) butchery counters. Personally I would draw the line at eating them but wouldn’t have any qualms about using them for stock. Hooves, as I remember from my yoof (and Steptoe &Son), were used for glue making - being more glutinous.

---

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I was thinking the same. All that work and skill going into that gorgeous kitchen and the Billy says it's not going to be used! Then at the end he crouches in a space between 2 cupboards and says he's found a wine fridge that is a perfect fit, for keeping wine at the correct temperature to have with meals! It's all rather contradictory. Is the convent going to be a showroom to show what skills the various artisans have?

There is no doubt The Pethericks are doing an amazing job. And throwing shade at Despicable fanny along the way.
As I understood it he was referring to not using the antique range set into the fireplace. I could easily be wrong about that as I was toodling about the house while watch that vlog. I’ll try to find time to rewatch today.

• Heart
Since SJ isn't entertaining I watched a Turkish movie to practice Turkish. I need to share this.

Anyways there was a song which they sang during the movie, so I googled it afterwards. Than I listened to it on youtube.
Ladies and gentlemen, Hellhounds and Hags I kind of feel stupid for not connecting the dots sooner. Many moons ago, I watched a documentary on the Ottoman empire, where they said they had drummers in the army to keep the spirits of their soldiers high. While these drummers instilled high spirits within the Ottoman army, the enemies of the Ottomans feared the sounds of the drums (approaching war). What I didn't know and wasn't explained in the documentary they didn't just drum a beat, for example to the speed of their marching (which I assumed). Oh no, Not the Ottomans. When the Ottoman army was marching, the ''Mehter'' (the band) would start not only drumming but sing as well.

1) the songs are ''upbeat'' (between 100 to 120 Beats Per Minute)
2) the song texts are very glorifying.

in another documentary about music beats per minute can make the song feel ''happy'', ''neutral'' or ''Sad''. The ''happy'' beats are over 100 BPM are generally considered happy.

Imagine you are minding your business in the Balkan, and you are called upon to fight the Ottomans. The same Ottomans marching and happily singing their military marches. (or so you think) and while your army is sitting quietly around the fire waiting for the battle with the Ottomans. the same Ottomans are sitting and singing their military marches demoralizing their opponent further

Conclusion. The Ottomans unknowingly (at first) developed a sound based psychological warfare, by initially having the Mehter band to keep the moral of the army up. But the same Mehter band instilling fear in the opponent before a war even started by simply singing/playing. The Mehter was no longer a part of the army after a reform in 1829.

it blew my mind away and had to share it!

I blame SJ's boring content for my rabbit hole deep dive!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Why does Billy keep saying in his latest video no one is going to use the kitchen? It comes across like he is making a point about something.
Not sure but I think it might be sarcasm aimed at video comments 🤔

• Haha
Every time I see that weird chaise lounge in the kitchen I have to look at it to see if a little brown poo is sitting on it and if it has steam rising from it - that is a "freshie" !!! :poop:
A wee little jobbie

1705592645366.png

• Haha
-7 and you cannot take the rat put for a walk. Does she think people dont take out their dogs in Northern Europe? Just last week i walked my dog in -25...

• Heart
Not meaning to split hairs but... It is a trotter not a hoof. And to echo @billybudd earlier post trotters do give amazing flavour and texture to stock. In France they are quite a thing, readily available from "most" (if you get my drift) butchery counters. Personally I would draw the line at eating them but wouldn’t have any qualms about using them for stock. Hooves, as I remember from my yoof (and Steptoe &Son), were used for glue making - being more glutinous.

---
Absolutely right they are trotters. I have eaten trotters in the past and loved them. My dad used to being them home wrapped in newspaper. A few years back on a vacation in Madrid I also had some chopped up in a tomato sauce as part of a tapas platter. So I suppose I'm not grossed out as the notion of eating or using them for stock. I think I'm a real hypocritical carnivore though so maybe the fact that it did look like a BABY cow hoof and leg, and Fanny's dramatization of its use, is what grosses me out big time. 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 16
A thought about the building site that is the Grand Salon and the major works to shore up the ceiling. At the moment you can barely move in there for obstacles so will Armoire have to single-handedly clear the decks to allow room for manoeuvre and the kit the contractors will be bringing? The prancing twerp is as useless as a chocolate teapot at the best of times and, anyway, will make himself scarce at the first whisper of lifting more than the combined weight of three table napkins.

In the same vein, I imagine the two bedrooms (Perse and des Oiseaux) above the GS will need to be cleared. Who knows what’s the state of the ceiling and beams above those two bedrooms, so the attic above needs to be accessed.

Where, other than a skip, is all this stuff going to go?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Since SJ isn't entertaining I watched a Turkish movie to practice Turkish. I need to share this.

Anyways there was a song which they sang during the movie, so I googled it afterwards. Than I listened to it on youtube.
Ladies and gentlemen, Hellhounds and Hags I kind of feel stupid for not connecting the dots sooner. Many moons ago, I watched a documentary on the Ottoman empire, where they said they had drummers in the army to keep the spirits of their soldiers high. While these drummers instilled high spirits within the Ottoman army, the enemies of the Ottomans feared the sounds of the drums (approaching war). What I didn't know and wasn't explained in the documentary they didn't just drum a beat, for example to the speed of their marching (which I assumed). Oh no, Not the Ottomans. When the Ottoman army was marching, the ''Mehter'' (the band) would start not only drumming but sing as well.

1) the songs are ''upbeat'' (between 100 to 120 Beats Per Minute)
2) the song texts are very glorifying.

in another documentary about music beats per minute can make the song feel ''happy'', ''neutral'' or ''Sad''. The ''happy'' beats are over 100 BPM are generally considered happy.

Imagine you are minding your business in the Balkan, and you are called upon to fight the Ottomans. The same Ottomans marching and happily singing their military marches. (or so you think) and while your army is sitting quietly around the fire waiting for the battle with the Ottomans. the same Ottomans are sitting and singing their military marches demoralizing their opponent further

Conclusion. The Ottomans unknowingly (at first) developed a sound based psychological warfare, by initially having the Mehter band to keep the moral of the army up. But the same Mehter band instilling fear in the opponent before a war even started by simply singing/playing. The Mehter was no longer a part of the army after a reform in 1829.

it blew my mind away and had to share it!

I blame SJ's boring content for my rabbit hole deep dive!
I wonder if Mehter is where the word meter comes from regarding the time beat in music?

• Heart
Last time I cooked cassoulet was during lockdown, had to use what I had available. Had the beans, duck and the sausages but no belly pork.
1705593965550.png
1705594116983.png
1705594190873.png

I took the photos as I couldn't believe I was that daft cooking that in 31 degree heat.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I wonder if Mehter is where the word meter comes from regarding the time beat in music?
just googled this. Meter comes from the word metron... We have our friends the Greeks to thank for that.
as for mehter is comes from mehteran which means compagnion in Persian....Says google!

God I love history!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Absolutely right they are trotters. I have eaten trotters in the past and loved them. My dad used to being them home wrapped in newspaper. A few years back on a vacation in Madrid I also had some chopped up in a tomato sauce as part of a tapas platter. So I suppose I'm not grossed out as the notion of eating or using them for stock. I think I'm a real hypocritical carnivore though so maybe the fact that it did look like a BABY cow hoof and leg, and Fanny's dramatization of its use, is what grosses me out big time. 🤔
Because I don't/won't/can't and refuse to watch the howling harridan and her irritating sidekick I obviously missed her dramatization of the whole thing. The pair of them gross me out by simply breathing.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Here is Part 1 of a post on chateau unhinged from a B and B guest who posted their experience at the Dump when Amaury just arrived at the Dump. This was posted less than 24 hours ago.

OP•1 day ago•Edited 21 hr. ago

“There are two images above, this is one thread reply:

I went over 2 years ago. I had never been to Paris, and my partner wanted me to see it. He knew I watched the vlog, still watches it with me sometimes. He planned the Paris days, I planned the Crozon-sur Vauvre days from my knowledge from the vlog locations, and we co-planned a stop in Bourge/the way back through Orlean.

When I went, it was when Selmar was just back with Tati for the first time, bringing her to Lalande. There's footage on his channel, he gave us all a dance class that was hilarious bc nobody could dance. Yeah, Tati was as odd in person as she is on film.

It was also the month Dan moved in, and guess what - my partner loved Dan and his new channel at the time, and kept wondering why Dan's green van was parked at the chateau early hours every day of our stay (we could see the parking area from our room), but on the dailies we'd see he kept filming it like he drove into Lalande each day anew for work. When he announced in March he'd been living at Lalande for 6 months, it ALL made sense why he was there so many late nights during our stay/why his van was always there in the morning. Cat was there, we told her how likable she was on the vlog and she was just as likable in person.

It was also the week Amaury and Nati met. We were NOT surprised AT ALL when it was announced in December that they were together, it was obvious it was going down mostly because they'd matched so well in a place like that. Nati confessed at a dinner she'd been driven to seek a therapist bc of how hard her job weighed on her mind - when the whole Selmar slamming her thing happened the March after, I suddenly understood. Stephanie put WAY too much on her 24 hours a day running her building, business, and construction project management. Selmar blamed Nati but the blame falls on the owner here. When I was around Nati, I felt like she thought my partner and I were some of the only other normal people in the whole building of chateau fans. There was also a really cool older Scandinavian lady there.

A retired news anchor from I think CNN was also there during our stay, with her daughter, she was very LA, she did Selmar's head in. The daughter was cool, didn't watch the vlog. Another really cool English couple was there, the husband didn't watch the vlog, but I've spotted them at 2 dinners on the vlog since so they pop through obviously. We meant to keep in touch with them. It was also when the Downton Abbey glasses designer lady was there. Great designs, great lady, we got to try them all on. She had them out to show us other guests at breakfast.

A good amount of guests were really cool types that could share a conversation/were chill/there for the fun. Some, not all, of the older ladies were very "Single White Female" in vibe, like kicked dogs off the street needing to be healed by Stephanie's accepting glow. Wendy Grimwood was there for the first time, not as a volunteer, as a paid guest. And at any gathering, while others were chatting about all sorts, she'd ONLY talk ALL about Stephanie Stephanie OR all about herself, her apartment, and her son. And she was very sweet, so I would just sit there while she talked AT me for LONG lengths, be lucky if she asked me half a question. I made my partner start interrupting/saving me after a couple days of that. It's a shock how seemingly quiet she is on the vlog as a volunteer. There was another odd lady there, stayed much longer, she's on the vlog.

Most of the private areas are off limits, Nati did the main "guest relations", makes the private & public areas very clear from minute one. Like anything past the red room, anything not the fortified wing/BnB area/the grounds, it's for the privacy of the inhabitants. But some of the thicker guests "don't get it" - Wendy was so surprised one breakfast that the Lalanders had been very shocked she showed up in their kitchen bc she sees the kitchen so much on the vlog. I slowly explained to her it's a working BnB kitchen, it's a business, not just the vlog. Nati made it clear where we were allowed to go and not, the first 10 min there, on a small tour. My explanation seemed like a mystery to Wendy. I specifically made sure I did NOT bother the inhabitants much while they were working or otherwise throughout the day, or like "search them out" in their areas, bc it was clear there was a few guests that really thought they were there IN the vlog and glommed onto them whenever possible. I think it affects the mental health of the inhabitants, I'm not surprised Amaury and Nati moved away.

Yeah, I could go on, it was a trip. We spent most days doing field trips in the area, very pretty. Only place we didn't hit was Aigurande, the goat cheese guy's restaurant, and the swamp village in Bourge farther away (surprised SJ hasn't vlogged that). When Stephanie warned Amaury on vlog a couple months later not to get his head done in by La La Land while she was away on a trip, it just clicked. I left Lalande feeling like the vlog was a machine and the BnB was a set to run the machine. We'd got SJ & Gerry a gift, she opened it like a little girl bot who's opened a million presents, none of what she lengthens out on the Cadeaux channel. Just quickly conferred with the stooges on either side of her for 2 secs and moved on. I IMMEDIATELY wished we hadn't played into the whole gift grab thing. I didn't even watch the vlog after for over a month, but the feeling faded and the escapism set back in.”

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Part 2:

thread reply from 2nd picture:

I did a long reply to Fuefina after seeing the notification, I hadn't seen you replied also. You know how they rent out most rooms only Thurs - Sun night? So a lot of people who are staying show up on the Thursday, very few came Friday. We had a couple rooms switch guests after 2 nights, or vacate entirely. There are 2 dinners on the weekend. But the Thursday, there was no full meal, just the sample of different cheese plates & wine, nibbles. Those of us who ordered them (which is most, except maybe the self-catering folks in the Tack/Marquis, because most people didn't remotely think about food for Thursday or Sunday, but you SHOULD! Else food/grocery stores/any beverage at all besides water are like 20 min away and it's rural) had the option to have the tray in our rooms or on the terrace. Almost everyone chose the terrace, to mingle and experience, great weather, and Selmar was posted but I think the crowd was too LA/American, he's a simple sort, he took off. I suspect we had one of their "younger" weeks, from what I've glimpsed on guest dinners on the vlog, but I could be wrong. Stephanie came down after the cheese trays were brought out to the table, and probably sat for 40 min? Maybe 30?

Other than that, there's just the 2 Fri/Sat dinners, they're 2 hours max? The few older needy ladies that vibe Single White Female kind of make sure they're sitting next to SJ. She also can get called away for work during, so if you think you're going to Lalande to spend time with her or others, they are WORKING
. I have spent a lot of time on working properties, especially in the commonwealth, so I was curious to see how these people managed it, with some guests who've only ever lived in one place/haven't lived with many other people ever, and think the communal vlog is the stay they are going to have. DEFINITELY rent a car for day trips, it's a beautiful area, or you'll get stuck with the Single White Females loitering around waiting to catch the staff.

We hadn't seen SJ otherwise, but Nati keeps track to make sure anyone, especially probably patreons, have a 5 minute talk or something. I think Nati keeps track of who's leaving first to last, and when she can get Stephanie down for the chat. Selmar and Tati were around most, watching movies on laptops in grand salon, they did a dance lesson for couple hours one evening. Actually, SJ came down for 10 min the lesson night to vlog the guests briefly, chit chat. Maybe saw Cat/Phil one or two evenings briefly, outside of the dinners. Spoke with guests, Nati & Amaury most at the dinners, very relatable people. If it's evening, and Nati isn't at her post anymore and you need something, you can venture to the kitchen door and they'll totally give you wine or a snack. Amaury was in his workshop a lot but our room could see his door and how many people bugged him, so I told my partner we weren't going to do that. Ran into Dan & Amaury in the garden kind of thing (pergola work), explored the garden with other guests. I think Scandi Marie drove through the area one night, popped in during dinner (she'd moved to England or something). I think Russian Maria made our food but she was brand new at the time? There was less people back then, no Pavlina's/Ombeline's. I think I chatted with Kirsty in the courtyard, very sweet, Ian talked to us at the breakfast table once, very relatable. I think Wendy Grimwood got more the experience she wanted by going as a volunteer after.
---
Part 3:

Nazanin_MezzanineOP•1 day ago

Another block about the stay from a reply:

The layout has been posted a couple times, definitely on patreon vlogs extensively but I'd think at least twice on the Diary vlog? It's actually a file loaded into patreon, I think it was added years ago as a treat. Something tells me if you google it, it's there in google images. Check out April 2020 for 3+ weeks of entire Diary vlogs devoted to one room/one area. Those tours are REALLY what brought the patreon money coming in.

The BnB is basically the entirety of the old wing, minus the grand + winter salons and the storage attics. It's the fortified section that looks older, is a much taller section. The fortifications are kind of like giant dental molding below the roof line around that section, most of the wings don't have that. She's vlogged it a lot. If you drive into Lalande with the courtyard that has the fountain, the BnB's the section to your right. The Tack room (Pott's place that they rent as an apartment) is on your left up one floor, mid-section. To your front it's all public rooms on the ground floor until Nati's desk, private rooms one floor up
. Maybe the Peacock room isn't technically under the fortified-wing roof line? The Tack & Marquis have their own kitchens so don't count as the 5-room BnB under French law, and they are rented out all week, not just the long weekend, so the Manor&Maker people stayed for months I think. If you stay at Lalande, and people don't stay the whole weekend, you can go around and see all the BnB rooms people have left. If you're there Monday morning, you can personally tour each room, including the apartments, or at least mgmt encouraged it at the time. It's disturbing there's no locks on the doors. You just have to trust other people won't come in and take tit, no bueno. The staff came into our room during the day, maybe it was to change flowers? I don't know, but we weren't expecting that, and not only had I dragged my clothes out EVERYWHERE getting ready, I think we also had left naughty toys out and definitely made sure the room was presentable to others' eyes from there on. I don't know if there was a place to find this kind of stuff out before we went, but wish there had been.

Part 4:

You seem to have enjoyed your stay. Have you changed your mind as sometimes you don’t have positive things to say about CD?

Were you at the selmar/tati party? When she arrived

OP•22 hr. ago

I've changed my mind. I still watch obv. I wish I didn't sometimes, sometimes the escapism is enough. France is France. All the vlogging with Cat & Dan over New Years, all that damage control, all the YT comments shadow-banning, turned my stomach and drove me here.
Do you see now why I've written up and down this subreddit that Dan & Cat had an affair? What Dan did to Annalise & their kids happened to my partner, hardcore, by a family infamous for it's narcissism - we'd watch Dan and it's like we'd SEE the signs. Even when we chose not to believe he'd screwed over his family, we kept seeing the signs. Cat like sidling into a vlog, no introduction, like she lives at Chaumont was the nail in the coffin. Maybe I'll find the footage and post here, their faces say it all. Cameron's and Nick's too.

I enjoyed the stay, I think the memory is fonder because it is France, after all. I've only taken some tiny trips since, we've been doing too much reno the last year or so. But I DEFINITELY drove out of the courtyard believing I'd never stay again and never watch the vlog again, for a month. The "machine" feeling really cut through the escapism. And now with more recent events it's cutting through the escapism for I think a growing amount of people - this subreddit has gained so many members in the last 2 weeks.

I don't think I was at that Selmar party, I think I remember recalling it happened not on the BnB days but just before. And yes, she mixes footage from different days. If anybody needs that CONFIRMED. Just because she posts it that day, it doesn't mean she didn't shoot certain sections 2 weeks ago or even 2+ months ago. She mostly doesn't mention it unless it's REALLY obviously not recent footage or something is telltale. If you visit, it's really obvious because she doesn't change her clothes THAT much during one day. Or how certain rooms were situated. When visiting, her filming vs editing days are very clear. Editing days are when she stayed in the bathrobes. There was footage she shot while we were there, but she used it 2 weeks after we'd left, and some 2 months later. Could tell from the outfit & accessories, topic, little clues, I'd have to look at the footage again. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think she was posting dailies at the time, but Dan definitely was (I remember the fake green van morning drive-ins too well). Maybe she posted just twice while we were there, we'd chat with other guests about it. While actually staying there and watching the vlogs it seemed like most days were spliced footage from different days, but that was 2 years ago. Not sure if that's what it would be now with the newer dailies.

Some are saying she's currently in Vienna right now with Phil, hiding her usual January trip from viewers now, due to being called out for luxury traveling too much and not project managing her project. That the last few diaries were filmed last week or before, and being used to show like she's staying home being a good donation-money recipient. Wouldn't want the patrons to catch on, they'll all end up on reddit or hate sites. But we all know the woman takes 1-2 trips each month every January, February, and March, just like the last 3 years of vlogs

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.