The Chateau Diaries #284 PhiPhi, the boy who prepares peas & peaches, now prances like Potty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The pause when SJ asked PJ about his sauce told me he'd opened a packet and was making up how he'd made it.
But hells bells compared to normal ration control in lalande that was a huge amount of food for two people. Marie or Maria would have made that stretch for a table full of guests.

I'm currently fuming as my electric car was in for a service today. 310 euro later (for basically a filter and some oil and to be told how healthy my existing brake pads were - the engine braking means they see little action, also how much tread was left on the tyres i bought 6 month ago, plenty) but I'd mentioned my shock absorbers are making noise (too many ramps in my area) and they said they had taken it for a test drive, plus a visual and found nothing. Before I dropped the car I had noted the mileage (in kms) and the % of power in the battery. When I got the car back the mileage had only increased by one kilometre (into the workshop, the washing area and back to the customer carpark). I went back inside and told the guy he was a LIAR. They are to ring me to explain and schedule return. I drove home and noted that my remaining battery had dropped 15% and that all the heating was on full blast, glad they were comfortable as they looked at my car. I felt the whole experience would have been different if i was a bloke. Thanks for letting me vent.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Maybe because she fears she might lose her job as all her job can easily be do by Booking.com or AirBNB or any other booking company really, in exchange for a cheaper fee…

Well, that was before AnnMarie anyway, now I believe she wants to keep an eye and a hand on him at all times.
Nutty also wants to be in the thick of any action at the Dump to collect her “inside info” on the Shittelaine and her sneaky, gay side piece, Khillip and track their actions for Amaury and his parents.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I don't think Snorty cares one iota about the renovation. He's over-acting a role of excited interior designer. Snorty is insecure, uneducated, unsophisticated, unaccomplished and rudderless in life. Imagine how boring it must be living remotely at the HMN, especially for a horny 20-something closeted, gay shopaholic! Studying floorplans ad infinitum, constantly shopping online, and getting over-excited about a piece of porcelain or drapery fabric keeps Snorty busy, makes him feel useful and gives him an inflated sense of purpose.

If Snorty really cared about renovation and was interested in history, design & fine arts then he'd go back to school and study to become a professional. Christie's and others have internship programs and education classes (in class & online). He'd work in an art gallery, antiques shop or auction house - God knows he must be connected to enough of them now! But Snorty is bone, idle lazy and after 3 years he's become overly comfortable being a performing monkey for the pink camera and kept gigolo living off of grifted money.
Every morning when Snorts wakes up in HIS room and looks in one of the many mirrors.

1705509181727.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I vaguely remember them buying some of that pattern. Do they admit the reproductions are from Bernadaud and not Sèvres? Sèvres made a pattern for Louis Phillipe named Chateau de Fountainbleau that is a much more busy pattern and not nearly as…dainty, shall we say. I think it’s known as the hunting service as it has wild game in the design.
I believe Khillip said the plates were from Sevres. I believe Sevres was absorbed by another company or entity and still manufactures porcelain in Paris. I believe that is where he may have purchased the reproduction plates?. But why only 9 plates? I have no idea. Does any Tattler know anything about current production of Sevres in France?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I just don't understand why people don't handle their things carefully. This affects the two air pollutants just as much as Dan.
Steph drags the curtains all over the house and sweeps the dirty floor with them. But no matter, they will rot away for the next few years either on the construction site or in the attic. They were such a bargain anyway.
Stephanie had the king’s curtains and wall fabric spread out on the “super clean” floor and bed in the double bookcase bedroom, then she was walking all over them with her shoes on. SJ’s just living her life with her head in the clouds, not having any idea how disgusting and gross her day to day behavior is to the normal people in the rest of the world. It’s a good thing we’re here to let her know.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
[
Stephanie had the king’s curtains and wall fabric spread out on the “super clean” floor and bed in the double bookcase bedroom, then she was walking all over them with her shoes on. SJ’s just living her life with her head in the clouds, not having any idea how disgusting and gross her day to day behavior is to the normal people in the rest of the world. It’s a good thing we’re here to let her know.
Holiday from hygiene Stephanie is so comfortable living in filth. It makes you wonder, “ how filthy were the Jarvis “ nursing/ care” homes?“
---
Why did Fanny say "of course they needto be cleaned?"
Stephanie made that statement because they read the comments here about how cheap and nasty she is at the Dump, always purchasing old curtains and rugs and never cleaning them properly before using them in the Dump. Remember the curtains she purchased at Emmaus and immediately hung in one of the attic bedrooms ( was it the red rum toile nightmare room) without having them cleaned? Fanny hates to spend money on cleaning items because it takes money away from purchasing more crap.
---
Every morning when Snorts wakes up in HIS room and looks in one of the many mirrors.

View attachment 2696376
Khillip is the most costly “ star” at the Dump. The yearly cost of keeping his tarnished star shining at the Dump easily costs more than the 200,000 + euro grift a star campaign proceeds. He costs the Dump that much in travel, food, sweet wine, creme brûlée, 50% discount Ratso dog/ thousands of euros in dog accessories, and a hundred + unnecessary, frivolous, and dowdy antique shopping/ Emmaus// online auction expenditures each year.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I believe Khillip said the plates were from Sevres. I believe Sevres was absorbed by another company or entity and still manufactures porcelain in Paris. I believe that is where he may have purchased the reproduction plates?. But why only 9 plates? I have no idea. Does any Tattler know anything about current production of Sevres in France?
I can’t determine if Sevres still produces that pattern but they still seem to exist as their own entity.

However, it is made by Bernardaud.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm not so sure of her refugee status from Ukraine, but she's definitely a refugee from Lalande.
Where does Tatiana live? Did Pave and Tat hit it off?
Tatiana lives in the UK in Suffolk
Not far from Framlingham I think

This ad came up on my Instagram the other day :eek: I was kind of in shock because at first sight I thought how did Snorts shows up in my insta account…

Am I crazy or doesn’t this soloist at Trondheim’s orchestra look like Snortsferatu?

IMG_0752.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Why did Fanny say "of course they needto be cleaned?"
Because she reads here and we often insist on her lack of hygiene; unwashed second hand clothes worn straight from Emmaüs, mugs and glasses used without being washed up, unwashed veg on the chopping board, shopping bags on the kitchen table which is rarely cleaned, etc 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮
Many, many things are taken from us :devilish:

Sorry @M&MsMom I just saw your comment. You were quicker than me😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Sèvres is owned by France itself.....it's a state run porcelain factory. I was surprised to learn this and recall reading it in the article I linked, when France gave our Congress in the United States two sets of vases.

From the 2017 article about this gift,:

The 5-foot-6-inch vases were made at the Sèvres factory, a state-run facility in operation since 1740, during the reign of Louis XV. In addition to their exceptional size, the vases have a distinctive crystalline glaze, a technique developed in France in the 19th century. Their multicolored, iridescent, frostlike patterns were created by mixing zinc oxide and quartz crystals into the glaze and firing the stoneware pieces at extremely high temperatures. The resulting random patterns reflect the art nouveau style popular between the 1880s and 1910s.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017...-sevres-vases-to-congress-sept-13-1918-242540

Also, the factory was turned over to the state at the urging of Madame Pompadour. Isn't that Stephanie's idol? I mean, second to Marie Antionette?

Father François-Xavier d’Entrecolles, a Jesuit from Limoges on a mission to China, described for the first time the technique of porcelain manufacture – this was one of the first cases of industrial espionage! At the same time, Louis XV, encouraged by Madame de Pompadour, financed the creation of the Manufacture de Vincennes in 1740, which managed to carry out conclusive tests. French creations became luxury products, able to compete with porcelain from China or Saxony.

In 1756, the factory was transferred to Sèvres under the impetus of Madame de Pompadour, who owned her castle of Bellevue not far away. That same year, Louis XV became the sole shareholder of the factory and attached it to the Crown’s domain in 1759. From then on, the factory remained attached to the power of the State (the Crown, the Empire or the Republic, according to the regimes) which made it possible to preserve its archives and its know-how.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Tatiana lives in the UK in Suffolk
Not far from Framlingham I think
Wanted to thank you for the tip about ITVX app to watch Mr Bates vs The Post Office via VPN.
Great tip even if I dont have VPN but my older son is coming home this weekend and he uses VPN and he will stay with us for two weeks… guess we can find some time to watch this series with his VPN. Can’t wait.

• Heart
I
After seeing those very expensive secondhand curtains here, I have been down a rabbit hole looking for fabric for my own curtains.

I watched Homeworthy last night and an upwardly mobile decorator (who never cooks and gets her kitchen soiled!) used an Indian handblocked
tablecloth border for a trim on a chair. If it is good enough for a social climbing, botoxed decorator to use, then Stephanie Jarvis could be using her sewing machine to knock up her own bloody handblocked curtains. An Indian handblocked tablecloth here is about A28-$35.

Those curtains she bought were secondhand, ridiculously expensive and she bought them just for the maker's name.

It seems to me that people with excess money and no budget, lose their creativity and just buy designer stuff without any attachment or sentimentality, and without any brain cells used to create something unique. Enter Stephanie Jarvis.
I Made mine from painters.drop cloth - looks like linen but is cotton. You have to want cream though. I have seen some nice ones on Temu under 'Bohemian curtains' - but they won't block much light out; for looks only.

Reactions: 15
Now the confusion is complete - Pavlina showed a picture on IG today with the text: Why is the sky in France always so dramatic. Or something like that. But I can't find the reel anymore. Can any of you see if it's still there or if I was dreaming?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
When will she be Over the curtains!!!
What happened to that sewing machine...... I wonder if she will start embroidering the darn curtains instead of those napkins !

With only the two of them in the Falling Down Castle ---- she is slowly running out of ideas.
That's why she harasses the chapel guys twice a day... so excited to see them she doesn't even get dressed! So insulting.. I can't imagine not being dressed when a service man comes.. It's awkward and embarrassing..

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The pause when SJ asked PJ about his sauce told me he'd opened a packet and was making up how he'd made it.
But hells bells compared to normal ration control in lalande that was a huge amount of food for two people. Marie or Maria would have made that stretch for a table full of guests.

I'm currently fuming as my electric car was in for a service today. 310 euro later (for basically a filter and some oil and to be told how healthy my existing brake pads were - the engine braking means they see little action, also how much tread was left on the tyres i bought 6 month ago, plenty) but I'd mentioned my shock absorbers are making noise (too many ramps in my area) and they said they had taken it for a test drive, plus a visual and found nothing. Before I dropped the car I had noted the mileage (in kms) and the % of power in the battery. When I got the car back the mileage had only increased by one kilometre (into the workshop, the washing area and back to the customer carpark). I went back inside and told the guy he was a LIAR. They are to ring me to explain and schedule return. I drove home and noted that my remaining battery had dropped 15% and that all the heating was on full blast, glad they were comfortable as they looked at my car. I felt the whole experience would have been different if i was a bloke. Thanks for letting me vent.
I feel your pain @Kickintheass The alternator went on himselfs' car on Christmas day (got the short straw for the Christmas day rota). The car had been in the garage just over a week before for a service, they'd fiddled about with the alternator! When this was brought to the attention of the dealership that the breakdown was taken too and the dealership that had done the service... "oh no sir, that can't possibly be anything to do with it". It took nearly 2 weeks for the new alternator to arrive (could have made it myself quicker), so we took ourselves off on holiday for a week a month early, as himself is unable to work without the car. We had the deep joy of returning to a €1500 bill for the repair having already doshed out €1300 for the service 3 weeks prior. And all just out of warranty. Fuming! We had a good holiday though, the boys ski-ed every day, the snow was good. Caught the end of the new year week which wasn't ideal however, needs must. We did have a result with the accommodation though. Not only did we get a great deal as a last minute booking and returning clients, on arrival they upgraded us to a much bigger and more comfortable appartement. Without asking and paying with our own hard earned money. It's not just despicable fanny that gets the deals and upgrades...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Now the confusion is complete - Pavlina showed a picture on IG today with the text: Why is the sky in France always so dramatic. Or something like that. But I can't find the reel anymore. Can any of you see if it's still there or if I was dreaming?
It's in her stories, looks like it was posted there 3 hours ago, so it WILL disappear in 21 hours

1705514223656.png

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.