The Chateau Diaries #284 PhiPhi, the boy who prepares peas & peaches, now prances like Potty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could this be the reason for no video from Dan today? Comments from yesterday’s video:

Click and watch 30 seconds

@CyberFreaked
8 hours ago
@8:30 You broke the digger? You can see the liquid dripping out

kv2315
8 hours ago (edited)
you broke a hydraulic line at 8:14 that mini excavator is leaking afterwards

dericlarke4324
4 hours ago
Was that a burst hydraulics pipe I see ?

@starobaronen8284
30 minutes ago
Is it only me or did you lot not see him trash his digger hydraulic lines at 08.35. pinching his concrete block against the lines on the boom. i was sitting there thinking.. he must not see them getting bashed every time he fails.

@tansads
13 hours ago
just as you pick that block up with the applause at 8.39 ish, is that a hydraulic leak that shows? hopefully just water from somewhere :-o

@westmus
9 hours ago
Dan pinced the block against the pressure lines at 8:14, right after you can see oil starts spraying. Being impatient and workng ill-conceived have an habit of backfiring.

@anthonystevens749
18 hours ago
Great work Dan! Of course with any new kit there's a learning curve, isn't there - I hope those busted hydraulics at 8:17 didn't cost too much View attachment 2694881

sndpsjoint3313
20 hours ago
Is it just me, or did Dan break hydraulic line when cheating out the massive concretely / stone piece from the basement ?
was it his or borrowed?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I read an article today regarding decluttering during the 40 Days of Lent. The article suggested that by throwing out 1 item each day of Lent you've discarded a minimum of 40 items by Easter. Since Fanny's so religious & such a neat freak (chock) I immediately thought of the shitoo!

This year Lent begins on February 14 so decluttering could be Fanny's theme for Valentine's, It's no worse than Fanny's Valentine theme the past 2 years. Who can forget the Barbara Cartland dinner with beetroot soup and melon ball salad. Or last year, the meal of things you shouldn't eat on Valentine's (ie: garlic bread & burnt hamburgers).

If this year's Valentine's theme is decluttering, Fanny could begin on February 14 by kicking Snorty to the curb! Each day of Lent Fanny could then toss out at least one of Snorty's items, starting with anything that belonged to his grandparents! Happy Valentine's Day! 💘💘💘

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Dan transcript from Sunday video:

it's all about the
17:14
preparation anyway it's Sunday I'm going
17:17
to take the afternoon off and go see the
17:20
boys so I will see you all bright and
17:24
early with Nick and Cameron tomorrow

He should have worked Monday and would have presumably done a live video or put a video out Monday evening or today.
---
was it his or borrowed?
I am not sure if it was borrowed from Nick, purchased by Dan, rented, or provided by his new workshop sponsor.
---
@bloke1987
1 day ago
Love the applause as the front cylinder starts peeing hydraulic fluid everywhere from being smashed with a lump of concrete

@daveffs1935
1 day ago
It's nice to see the floor again. That'll be a nice space for a workshop, you could fit a lathe in there quite nicely. I think you've nicked a hydraulic line on the digger Dan, if you have don't use it you're at risk of a hydraulic injection injury (don't search it if you're squeamish

fionagardiner9095
1 day ago
Great job, Dan! Can't wait to see the workshops taking shape. But I was completely freaking out over your shoelace traling...yet another danger you blithely avoid!!! I'm an old woman....don't worry me like that...and tie your flipping laces properly! What would we all do if you hurt yourself? Take care....'Aunty' Fee.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I read an article today regarding decluttering during the 40 Days of Lent. The article suggested that by throwing out 1 item each day of Lent you've discarded a minimum of 40 items by Easter. Since Fanny's so religious & such a neat freak (chock) I immediately thought of the shitoo!

This year Lent begins on February 14 so decluttering could be Fanny's theme for Valentine's, It's no worse than Fanny's Valentine theme the past 2 years. Who can forget the Barbara Cartland dinner with beetroot soup and melon ball salad. Or last year, the meal of things you shouldn't eat on Valentine's (ie: garlic bread & burnt hamburgers).

If this year's Valentine's theme is decluttering, Fanny could begin on February 14 by kicking Snorty to the curb! Each day of Lent Fanny could then toss out at least one of Snorty's items, starting with anything that belonged to his grandparents! Happy Valentine's Day! 💘💘💘
I think she should do the day 1 throw 1 thing out (Tartlets at Tattle suggest Phillip), day 2 throw 2 like things out, and on for 40 days! Of course after getting rid of almost 800 items over the course of 40 days she can move on to another room…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Comments from Dan’s video released on Sunday. Could he have a paid for account to bully viewers who comment about the hydraulics leak? newchannel account below has replied in a bullying, dismissive manner to over a dozen comments about the hydraulics.

@anniechalumeau4905
13 hours ago
Merci Dan pour ce travail fabuleux et ce partage mais pourriez mettre des sous titres francais . C est exceptionnel et super courageux d oser s attaquer a cette Restauration . BRAVO

@NewChannel-wi7vj
8 hours ago
Auto-generated French subtitles are available. So: what on earth are you moaning about?

@nosunshine1609
1 hour ago
@NewChannel-wi7vj a lot of people get banned here , but not you and you are so rude to everyone! Paid to comment are you ? Full of Caroline G in this channel.

@tansads
14 hours ago
just as you pick that block up with the applause at 8.39 ish, is that a hydraulic leak that shows? hopefully just water from somewhere :-o

@NewChannel-wi7vj
8 hours ago
If Dan had a euro each time yet another moron in the comments mentions these stupid hydraulics, he could buy a brand new digger!
emoji_u1f92a.png
emoji_u1f921.png
emoji_u1f92a.png
emoji_u1f921.png
emoji_u1f92a.png
emoji_u1f921.png
emoji_u1f92a.png
emoji_u1f921.png
emoji_u1f92a.png
emoji_u1f921.png
emoji_u1f92a.png
emoji_u1f921.png

@martynbush
1 day ago
I totally admire your determination and work ethics Dan. As always, I'm delighted to see you are still alive and injury free despite your best efforts. Loving your work.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
The uncleaned curtains from a hotel room which will never ever been cleaned before becoming dust are being ironed. Very good idea !!! The filth (visible black line) will therefore be cooked into the fabric. So Lalande :sick::ROFLMAO:
The filth might be of historical significant. What if the black stain is from KCIII himself? :p

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
The article suggested that by throwing out 1 item each day of Lent you've discarded a minimum of 40 items by Easter. Since Fanny's so religious & such a neat freak (chock) I immediately thought of the shitoo!
That would do for us Lady Avonlea but Fanny should up the number to 10 items to chuck before Easter every day !

Mmmm.... how much of a dent that would make in the Falling Down Castle :unsure:
Well, its a start !!! :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Where was the key to the gate? Is she able to actually go into the sacristy? I thought she was in there before isn't that the place with the wooden drawers she put papers in? It so ridiculous that they have not cleaned up the mess in there so the guys can work. My bet is she has already bedded eyebrows. I hope not but she sure is getting her flirt on like she did with Ian the construction guy who used to bring her breakfast. Plus she is always running up.the chapel scaffold in her pajamas and robe. What dim wits the Pair of them are.....
She does love to boff the help. Perhaps that's why she's getting bids from the chapel restorers on all the other "work" of the shitoo she thinks M. Les Sourcils can Do.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
There is so much that needs doing in the house before their pathetic excuse for a season starts who gives a shite about bloody lights in the chapel. You have ceilings down and the inside is like a building site
Not to mention the shittoo is STILL an active accident investigation site (note the continued presence of the orange fence) AND code enforcement must be crawling all over the place.

orange fence, CD 15 Jan 2024.JPG

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
More comments from Monday’s cd video:
@oliverpavic275
1 hour ago
Xms tree still up?? Fckg hell! The mess in this place is real!

abbesebastiendhaussy4989
4 hours ago
The drawing shows the fixing for the red light of the tabernacle, when the Holy sacrement is in. So it is not for a light of the chapel.

@RestorationDream
5 hours ago
I think the chapel looks lovely. I have been praying so much for it to be finished. I think that the girandoles are too “Marie Antoinette” looking and by that I mean, every woman has a Marie Antoinette fantasy of a chateau and decorates in that style. I think the girandole reminds me of that and they dont go with a neo-Gothic decor. If anything, they should be bronze dorée, without the crystal lustres. Look at the armature for the wall sconces and the cast iron bracket you found today. They should look like that in style. Otherwise, it will get very Marie Antoinette Barbie decor I see in all of the chateaux these days. Can your architect advise you? How about a proper historian? Even look to that other chapel which was built by the same architect as yours. And ask the chapel restorers. They should know something more appropriate for the altar decor. As a whole, your chateau is not the Marie Antoinette style anyway, but I know you like that look. I prefer being faithful to a period than just living in my Barbie dream house.

@johngraham8794
10 hours ago
Was laughing that you are soooo posh but have a saucepan on the table when eating.

@cyngibson950
12 hours ago
Why not research private chapels of the same age? It would take away guessing.

@mooliparsnip9264
13 hours ago
Yesterday afternoon something lovely happened! Quite by chance, here in an East Devon supermarket, I recognised a very familiar face, and when it dawned on me, I realised it was Pavlina!!! How lovely to have met her randomly here in Devon, UK! She is just as adorable as she is when she appears in the Chateau Diaries videos!

@LinGell0804
9 hours ago (edited)
Marie is in Devon doing a cookery course ! ??

@YIM-tr5gt
7 hours ago
@LinGell0804 And Pavlina is currently travelling in Poland (after Netherland and Prague).

@mooliparsnip9264
7 hours ago
@YIM-tr5gt well I spoke to her right here in Devon yesterday afternoon, she's here visiting friends and it was a pleasure to meet her!

@LinGell0804
7 hours ago
You spoke to Marie ! Pavlina has posted she is in Poland !

@mooliparsnip9264
7 hours ago
@LinGell0804 She may have posted that she was in Poland, but we definitely spoke to Pavlina here yesterday!

@KathyRichards-tr9zx
5 hours ago
@mooliparsnip9264 Then it seems Pavlina is visiting Marie in Ashburton, Devon. It makes sense. How nice for them both!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Hi all. ❤
Sorry I've not been around. My husband has been ill. I'll be back when I'm back. Hugs to you all. 🤗

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Aargh! Stop giving her ideas!
Think we'd all be thrilled if Fanny proceeded with the idea of tossing Snorty out for Valentine's Day.
It sounds so romantic in French.....
Adieu Snorty - joyeuse Saint-Valentin chérie!
En sortant, n'oubliez pas d'emmener la porcelaine de vos grands-parents avec vous!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.