The Chateau Diaries #284 PhiPhi, the boy who prepares peas & peaches, now prances like Potty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
„Philipp, Volunteer Jeremy’s mother said she wants to move her son to a different room, and a digital lock on his door. And she ordered me not to tell you in which room he will be“

And don’t forget, it’s the third Tuesday in the month, you need to satisfy me again..

IMG_4749.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Hi all. ❤
Sorry I've not been around. My husband has been ill. I'll be back when I'm back. Hugs to you all. 🤗
Welcome back Iolair and so very sorry to hear about your husband! Hope he is on the mend. Hugs to you!
1705449344449.png

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh how lovely gifts you have sent to… to… to Becky.

From different countries like Germany, Canada, and Nevada. For those who probably don’t know, Nevada is a country between the Midwest and Hollywood land.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I know... I thought exactly the same... little fences... are they soo cute too?
---

If you use an ordinary (profane) item for ordinary (profane) use, you do nothing wrong or vulgar. But if you use a sacred item that has been set aside for the worship of God for ordinary use, then you are doing something vulgar and wrong. To use a sacred item for an ordinary purpose is to disrespect its sacred quality (that it has been set apart for God or His worship). By doing so, you profane what is holy or desecrate what is sacred. An act of treating something sacred as if it were not, is called “profanation” or “desecration.” The Alter has been set apart for God/Worship.
I will be interested to see how Billy uses the altar which has been returned to the convent.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Who would unfurl large curtains in the kitchen and let them trail on the floor? As soon as I saw the curtains, I thought it was an Indian print and sure enough, they were printed with Indian woodblocks. She tried to give the impression that they were designed by that Paris store but the design is very typically Indian and that store sells a lot of standard Indian printed material which is not specially designed for them. I love some Indian printed textiles but they will not suit a French chateau and those colours will not go with the panelling. She and Snorty have again shown their ignorance. How can anyone who wears a blue and pink hooded top that looks as if it was designed for a three year old, try and pretend that he knows anything at all about interior design? They are both buffoons.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I will be interested to see how Billy uses the altar which has been returned to the convent.
Statues great but the wood alter looked like G Plan 70's furniture to me, excluding the marble top square bit covering a relic ???

Reactions: 18
More comments from Monday’s cd video:
@oliverpavic275
1 hour ago
Xms tree still up?? Fckg hell! The mess in this place is real!

abbesebastiendhaussy4989
4 hours ago
The drawing shows the fixing for the red light of the tabernacle, when the Holy sacrement is in. So it is not for a light of the chapel.

@RestorationDream
5 hours ago
I think the chapel looks lovely. I have been praying so much for it to be finished. I think that the girandoles are too “Marie Antoinette” looking and by that I mean, every woman has a Marie Antoinette fantasy of a chateau and decorates in that style. I think the girandole reminds me of that and they dont go with a neo-Gothic decor. If anything, they should be bronze dorée, without the crystal lustres. Look at the armature for the wall sconces and the cast iron bracket you found today. They should look like that in style. Otherwise, it will get very Marie Antoinette Barbie decor I see in all of the chateaux these days. Can your architect advise you? How about a proper historian? Even look to that other chapel which was built by the same architect as yours. And ask the chapel restorers. They should know something more appropriate for the altar decor. As a whole, your chateau is not the Marie Antoinette style anyway, but I know you like that look. I prefer being faithful to a period than just living in my Barbie dream house.

@johngraham8794
10 hours ago
Was laughing that you are soooo posh but have a saucepan on the table when eating.

@cyngibson950
12 hours ago
Why not research private chapels of the same age? It would take away guessing.

@mooliparsnip9264
13 hours ago
Yesterday afternoon something lovely happened! Quite by chance, here in an East Devon supermarket, I recognised a very familiar face, and when it dawned on me, I realised it was Pavlina!!! How lovely to have met her randomly here in Devon, UK! She is just as adorable as she is when she appears in the Chateau Diaries videos!

@LinGell0804
9 hours ago (edited)
Marie is in Devon doing a cookery course ! ??

@YIM-tr5gt
7 hours ago
@LinGell0804 And Pavlina is currently travelling in Poland (after Netherland and Prague).

@mooliparsnip9264
7 hours ago
@YIM-tr5gt well I spoke to her right here in Devon yesterday afternoon, she's here visiting friends and it was a pleasure to meet her!

@LinGell0804
7 hours ago
You spoke to Marie ! Pavlina has posted she is in Poland !

@mooliparsnip9264
7 hours ago
@LinGell0804 She may have posted that she was in Poland, but we definitely spoke to Pavlina here yesterday!

@KathyRichards-tr9zx
5 hours ago
@mooliparsnip9264 Then it seems Pavlina is visiting Marie in Ashburton, Devon. It makes sense. How nice for them both!
I wouldn't be surprised if Pavlina is in England. She may not be a grifter but as has been said previously something does add up about her. She is as sneaky as the rest of them.
---
Statues great but the wood alter looked like G Plan 70's furniture to me, excluding the marble top square bit covering a relic ???
Agreed. It was modern Catholic Church ugly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I expect to see that alter in one of those Evangelical mega churches that look like stadiums… or maybe a modern church of Scientology 😒 Not a beautiful chapel like theirs… I hope he doesn’t use it in the actual chapel… maybe in the library?

• Heart
Tonight’s episode of shopaholics at the chateau .
Fanny and Snorts bought at auction in 2022 some old , smelly crinkled not very original and definitely not very chateau like curtains.
Curtains that have been sitting where for the last year? They had not even opened the box.
Surely the first thing is get them out and get them cleaned and stored correctly.
Fanny tells us that they simply have to cut costs when they have so many windows and things to do to furnish the chateau. And for the lonely squirrel shopping fills a void.

Her idea goes as far as telling us they already have perfectly good curtains for the big room and she loves the fabric of the winter salon now being called library, therefore those curtains have no home.
Fanny you do not save money buying things that are not required.

Her next idea is that the big room can have these new ‘old curtains’ hanging during the winter and her original ones put up in summer in the big room. And on it goes…

Snorts is amused that there is a squirrel on the fabric. What a charming emblem .
Funnily enough I recognised you Snorts. Indian design fabric Indian squirrel.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I wouldn't be surprised if Pavlina is in England. She may not be a grifter but as has been said previously something does add up about her. She is as sneaky as the rest of them.
Pav is the most traveled "Refugee" I have ever seen ....... and not by dinky boats or swimming the Rio Grande !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I expect to see that alter in one of those Evangelical mega churches that look like stadiums… or maybe a modern church of Scientology 😒 Not a beautiful chapel like theirs… I hope he doesn’t use it in the actual chapel… maybe in the library?
I agree. Maybe in a reception or library area for a visitor book.

• Heart
Pav is the most traveled "Refugee" I have ever seen ....... and not by dinky boats or swimming the Rio Grande !!!
I'm not so sure of her refugee status from Ukraine, but she's definitely a refugee from Lalande.
Where does Tatiana live? Did Pave and Tat hit it off?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.