The Chateau Diaries #280 Twinkle, twinkle little star. How I wonder how much $$$$ you are

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really admire pilots and I guess there was a lot of cross wind that day. Can you imagine your confidence on getting that huge plane down when you have tried 2 times and on to your third! I would be so in a panic by then!
I also like to watch the big supermarket trucks backing into the small holding bays ....... I am crap at backing up in my car and when I see them just do a "bing , bang , boom" and that big old truck is sitting just in the right place while the driving is going backwards - hell, who needs to go to the movies !:love::love::love:

ComtesseRose ...... thank you once again 💋 for the new thread.
Oh Pekey, you have no idea. But I could teach you how to back that baby up just as easily as they do. Probably have some spare black leathers you can borrow to show the other drivers just what a bad witch you are!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Billster promised a video on Monday hope Teabag has his organ tunes ready.

Suffering from the results of a radiator dropping on my toe last summer, during demolition I had boots on but NOT steel toe caps, I had a pair by next day and was pleased to have them as standing on nails was a hazard of the demo and they offered sole protection also. Gloves, goggles and hard hat were also warn, so I was worried about Yannis, well done Billster

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
It's just going to be me.

Main: Pizza
Dessert: Ris à la mande with cherry sauce
And I'll try to finish Sally Rooney's Beautiful World, Where Are You. My goodness, that book is just.... awful!
Just me as well making a Reuben loaf pastrami, Swiss, gyuere, sauerkraut, 1000 island dressing and some spicy beer mustard. Fruits of the forest strudel. Possibly..... Wine and the movie Elf. Pajama day all day here survived the grocery store and crazy drivers today. Happy to be home with the doggos
---
They don’t usually do their deepest discounts in the summer though. That’s prime full price holiday decor planning/ordering season. I watch every year hoping to catch one in the post holiday clearance. So far no joy but window shopping is often just as good. Especially when it convinces me I really don’t need something I want.
I looked at the last sale and the lowest tree was like 700 US. My current tree was 8 on clearance at Wal-Mart. Works just fine for me. But would love a Balsam Hill. They are so realistic and pretty

• Heart
Reactions: 30
On Billy Petherick's vlog today, he responded to readers who had been commenting on Yannis' lack of safe work boots. So, Billy acknowledged the viewers and gave Yannis a proper pair of work boots (especially important now, as they demo part of the second floor of the convent). Total opposite of how Stephanie would have handled the situation. She'd delete any of those type of posts-let alone spend a penny on someone other than herself.
Got to say, the Billy Petherick do have a good work ethic and get the job done. As well as concentrate on one project at a time and finishes it. And always manage to have lots of friends to help when needed. Says much about his character.

• Heart
On Billy Petherick's vlog today, he responded to readers who had been commenting on Yannis' lack of safe work boots. So, Billy acknowledged the viewers and gave Yannis a proper pair of work boots (especially important now, as they demo part of the second floor of the convent). Total opposite of how Stephanie would have handled the situation. She'd delete any of those type of posts-let alone spend a penny on someone other than herself.
I was thinking much the same. Certainly shows just how cheap and mean the Jarvis crime family is. Billy took the opportunity to help one of his employees while doing a masterful job throwing shade at Fanny LaFlash and her paid companion. Michael must’ve given him lessons. Plus I’ve really taken to Yannis. He’s hardworking, willing to get stuck in whether or not he’s ever done the task before. He’s definitely not work shy, unlike the LaLanders. Confidence is very attractive and Yannis has that in spades!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I wonder how late she will be today. What excuse she will come up with. Maybe we could save her some time and supply some ready made up reasons

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Mummy bat was responding to lots of comments last night. I imagine she is not thrilled with Tante two tonnes getting sooo much attention!?

One commentator said she had bought a star yesterday. So it is possible to do that but not send out a vlog? No idea, my technical knowledge is poor!

Someone who bought ? Ruthys book The Escape from Amazon has written a review…

To those who are on their own for Christmas, those who wish they were on their own and those who are having a fun family filled holiday - happy Christmas to one and all.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Ok y'all - what is on your menu for Christmas?

Also, what is bread sauce? Never heard of it before F4F, but I am from Texas.
We will be three people on Christmas eve and four on Christmas Day…

The menu on Christmas Eve dinner with the presence of vegan daughter will be:
Vegan Wellington with roasted potatoes and carrots and vegan gravy
My husband and I will have oven baked (salted) cod (“klippfisk” in Norwegian and “morue” in French) with roasted potatoes, tomatoes, onions and black olives
Dessert is vegan dark chocolate pudding & the traditional Norwegian rice cream with homemade raspberry coulis.

On Christmas day we will have
Smoked salmon and herring with several types of pickled vegetables on the side and several types of bread as starters
Leftovers from Christmas eve and vegan fettuccine Alfredo as main
Dessert for Christmas day will most likely be chocolate fudge cake, mostly vegan but with eggs… daughter eats egg in the end With one amazing vegan vanilla ice cream on the side…

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Ok y'all - what is on your menu for Christmas?

Also, what is bread sauce? Never heard of it before F4F, but I am from Texas.
Bread sauce is fabulous. You place an onion stuffed with cloves and a bay leaf into milk and let it simmer. Add bread crumbs until it becomes thick season to taste and I add a bit of butter for richness and a grating of nutmeg, perfect with a Kelly Bronze turkey and gravy. ummm I love Christmas lunch. I am doing Turkey, pigs in blankets, braised red cabbage, carrots, Brussel sprouts, parsnips, cauliflower cheese (kids love it) roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, sage and onion stuffing and a chestnut stuffing, gravy, bread sauce and cranberry sauce all made by me. Homemade Christmas pud (Nigel Slater very fruity and not black and heavy), mince pies and if everyone isn't stuffed to the brim a cheese board with Stilton of course. Wine red Sancerre and Pouilly Fume and Champagne will be Veuve Clicquot served with smoked salmon nibbles when people arrive.

@ComtesseRose many thanks on the new thread. Let's hope 2024 see's the grifting old face ache fall on her flat arse

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Bread sauce vile stuff, puke on a plate.

Just the two of us

starter - either petit verrines with prawn annd advocado mouse or foie gras with fig chutney and sea salt,
main - leg of lamb roasted with apricots and figs, roast taties, glazed parsnips, mashed buttered swede and another green veg to be decided
cheese course
dessert - something light if we have one at all

nice bottle of champers and a good bottle of red (Mr Spratt's bought a selection)

Just getting ready to go to friends for dinner and staying over so we can both have a drink.
I like bread sauce. Made properly. Not shop bought. Not from a packet. I am the only one who likes it and it is quite a phaff so, I won't bother.

We are having an incredibly disjointed Christmas this year. Himself is working Christmas day midday 'till midnight. Then on a course 26th and 27th (no boxing day in France). The boy is also back to work on 26th. Me too, I guess!

So we're having a bit of a meal Christmas eve:

Entrée: Game charcuterie selection with salad.
Mains: Salmon en Croute with festive fettuccine.
Got a lovely white wine from Puglia to have with this.
Cheese selection.
Dessert: Lemon Tiramasu with Limoncella.
Afters: Coffee, Struffoli and digestives, normally Ameretto or Fundador.

We plan to have our Christmas Dinner next Wednesday evening.

Entrée: Fois gras with walnut bread and fig bread. Muscat to go with.
Mains: Roti de cheval with roasted roots - spuds, parsnips, carrots and haricot verts. Honey glazing on the parsnips and carrots. Pigs in blankets, blankets, sausage meat stuffing, gravy.
Been keeping a lovely Chianti Classico for this.
Cheese selection.
Dessert: Christmas pud with creme Anglaise and vanilla ice cream. And, if I can be arsed, mince pies.

I haven't thought ahead to new year but there's plenty in.

I don't think I can physically get anything else in my freezer! I'm seriously hoping that I don't have to do any shopping next week. Or the week after!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
dinner for 1 at chez moi Sea Bass Fillets cooked in a parchment parcel with potatoes, onions, peppers, and awaiting to be cooked from frozen, no messing about. Christmas pudding with Brandy sauce now that's what I call a Christmas. I have invites from family members but prefer to do my own thing, when and if I want. My cats will enjoy the box their presents come in ! Parrrffffecccctttt. Rose Lemonade is my tipple of choice. Chocolates, sweets, clementines and dates (Nile fruits!).
---
How much now $$$$$ ? 11.30 pm

Sold so many stars they are being painted onto front AND back of grand salon panelling and in the downstairs loo.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
dinner for 1 at chez moi Sea Bass Fillets cooked in a parchment parcel with potatoes, onions, peppers, and awaiting to be cooked from frozen, no messing about. Christmas pudding with Brandy sauce now that's what I call a Christmas. I have invites from family members but prefer to do my own thing, when and if I want. My cats will enjoy the box their presents come in ! Parrrffffecccctttt. Rose Lemonade is my tipple of choice. Chocolates, sweets, clementines and dates (Nile fruits!).
---
How much now $$$$$ ? 11.30 pm

Sold so many stars they are being painted onto front AND back of grand salon panelling and in the downstairs loo.
she makes me want to puke

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Mummy bat was responding to lots of comments last night. I imagine she is not thrilled with Tante two tonnes getting sooo much attention!?

One commentator said she had bought a star yesterday. So it is possible to do that but not send out a vlog? No idea, my technical knowledge is poor!

Someone who bought ? Ruthys book The Escape from Amazon has written a review…

To those who are on their own for Christmas, those who wish they were on their own and those who are having a fun family filled holiday - happy Christmas to one and all.
Ha ha ha. Fanny can't touch the Amazon review 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Sometimes thoughts just happen. Like watching a vlog and wondering how boring someone in bed must be. Not that I think of it often. But. I really like spunky Amanda at Our French Chateau. But...... Lincoln comes across like a a very dull bland sleepy kind of guy .... 🤔. And that got me wondering. Non my business I know. Then the thought of snorts " pumping away". Got me feeling kinda sick..... Ok onward to different thoughts

• Haha
Reactions: 16
gY2y1WkM2JDuLxDA4ZvLsfXr=s64-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Lenora CooperI hope that once the stars sell out that they will come up with another similar fundraising opportunity.

I‘m pretty sure they will Lenora. They have found their crock of gold and will take every opportunity to keep it alive and flourishing. This will run and run and keep the lot of them in the lap of luxury for doing sweet F A for years to come. She really has hit the big time with this.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I can only imagine it's the SUNK COST FALLACY- the patreons and rabid fans have invested so much that they can't see the writing on the wall, or perhaps the "stars on the chapel ceiling". People find community in many places, including here. They've found community in that realm and now they don't want to leave what they've formed, even if they're being completely taken advantage of. I'm at a loss why else they stick around.
And how must those SCAMMERS in LIELAND feel when they can pull in $100,000 in a week with an obvious scam? They must feel invincible. Sincerely. YOUTUBE AND PATREON and PAID SPONSER money isn't enough, they have the NERVE to solicit donations??!!
They LITERALLY spend months TRAVELLING to exotic locatations, spending thousands on VANITY PROJECTS and obsessing over HEIRARCHY and any mention of ROYALTY.
If they throw this in everyone's face, imagine what they are hiding??
"We love the chapel!"... just not enough to spend our own money restoring it, but enough to ask you all to restore it.
Inviting the public to enjoy it?
Literally they are in the middle of nowhere, even difficult to rent a car out there. No problem! PAY $250-300 A NIGHT TO VISIT THE STAR YOU PAID FOR.
Even better, keep your peasant arse at home and let us enjoy the money you send. Just look at it online and fawn over us.
Hyperbole is now the official language of LIELAND. Everything is CRISIS over a weathered linen napkin, the HERO who uploaded a video at night. A HERO FOR UPLOADING A VIDEO!
She can talk about the beach vacation house, her house in London, Granny's house (even though she's rarely there), POTTY'S house and finances, BAGHEAD NICK who wants the money but doesn't want the embarassment of acknowledging it. POTTY who wants to FLEECE as many of the followers as possible before the fairytale ends with SAFARI and RACE CAR photos. Of course he wants in on the STAR SCAM, because they are the most GULLIBLE.
Look at us on the Riverboat Nile Cruise, here we are in Venice luxury, look at us in luxury here, and here, and there, and over there as well. We live in a crumbling home, but really we're all about VERSAILLES. We shall live in luxury because we declar it. Live within your means, well then you're just JEALOUS.
But dare to mention it and the zombies attack!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
I still think it is suspicious that not a single Balsam tree was hauled down from the attic for this year’s celebrations. I still think it is likely they tossed the expensive trees after last Christmas instead of breaking them down and storing them properly OR they crammed them somewhere and cannot remember where they stuffed the trees or cannot be arsed to look for them OR Amaury lit up a joint, opened a beer, put on his headphones with his favorite Marilyn Manson songs, and had a bonfire burning the trees and decorations while Fanny and son were away on yet another vacation.

For a couple who believes they define Christmas celebrations, the gruesome twosome Christmas elves did a piss poor job decorating the Charlie Brown Christmas tree outside of the crispy chateau ( complete with a cardboard star and dismal brown ornaments). I do appreciate the fact that Nick cut down a tree that would have to be removed anyways on the property.
I wonder if they are in a part of Narina that is unaccessible because of walls collapsing?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.