The Chateau Diaries #280 Twinkle, twinkle little star. How I wonder how much $$$$ you are

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bread sauce vile stuff, puke on a plate.

Just the two of us

starter - either petit verrines with prawn annd advocado mouse or foie gras with fig chutney and sea salt,
main - leg of lamb roasted with apricots and figs, roast taties, glazed parsnips, mashed buttered swede and another green veg to be decided
cheese course
dessert - something light if we have one at all

nice bottle of champers and a good bottle of red (Mr Spratt's bought a selection)

Just getting ready to go to friends for dinner and staying over so we can both have a drink.

Thanks for the tip! Your menu sounds gorgeous.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks for the tip! Your menu sounds gorgeous.
Not my favourite. It depends how it is made too.
As for my xmas we are only two also
this year(it changes every year)
-chef salad
-pork shoulder stuffed with cranberries, apple and walnuts +veggies side(prob cabbage with roasted parsnips and carrots)
-Norwegians cookies (sirupsnipper & pepperkaker)
everything homemade.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Critical posts are popping up everywhere..followers are banned and blocked for asking questions about the heating, truffles, accidents and missing friends. It seems true that some of her friends have distanced themselves since the latest accident and star scam. Her arrogance will be her downfall- pride before fall, Fanny! Time will tell.
I think Fanny and Co have also seen the writing on the wall… and the star scam is their attempt to squeeze the last bit of money out of the same group of followers. She and her channel will never grow organically, all she has left are her scams and her dumbass cult of core followers.

They deserve everything that’s is done to them. One may say Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I guess I’m a gullible clown who will dance to your every tune 🤡

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I wonder if Pottie boy gave his mum a full tour of the shopaholic addicted hoarder’s delight holiday from hygiene dump. I don’t believe she endorses Fanny’s hoarder’s holiday theme of decorating, even on tracing Ollie’s masterpiece.
she doesn't need a tour, every room, every window sill, table, under the chairs, the tiniest nook in that house is full of dirty plates and other sh*t from emaus, auctions and grabeau.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I still think it is suspicious that not a single Balsam tree was hauled down from the attic for this year’s celebrations.
The one they put in the dining room is the big Balsam Hill they bought last year. You can tell because the bottom portion is on wheels and they wheeled it in when setting it up. I think all trees they now set up are Balsam Hill, but they have probably been stored in a hole somewhere and a bunch of crap were dumped on them, hence all the wonky and broken trees they have now!

Of course they don’t care about a $700 tree, that’s only 2.5 stars and they have plenty of those! 🤬

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Any Tattlers like cherries and chocolate ?
Just munching on Co op black forest mince pie :- brandy and ruby port mincemeat, mormorello cherry conserve, kirsch frosting,
Belgian chocolate snow. DELICIOUS washed down with a freshly ground / brewed coffee

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Todays Christmas Chateau diy ended with a party hosted by a couple of lads in their Normandy chateau. One friend performed the evening entertainment..... an opera singer who showed SJ how it should be done.

New series of Chateau DIY out in January..... Will Lalande feature!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Ok y'all - what is on your menu for Christmas?

Also, what is bread sauce? Never heard of it before F4F, but I am from Texas.
Bread sauce??!!?? What a strange concept!

At Christmas, we will be having:
starter: poireaux vinaigrette with a Parmesan crumble
Main: Coq au vin with mashed potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts
Dessert: Coconut sorbet and blood orange sorbet with a surprise brought by my sister. What could the surprise be? Mignardises? Delicate cookies?

J’ai faim!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
she doesn't need a tour, every room, every window sill, table, under the chairs, the tiniest nook in that house is full of dirty plates and other sh*t from emaus, auctions and grabeau.
Ma Potts should stay / sleep at local Emmaus it would be warmer and cleaner, with spare clothes, blankets and beds to chose from and be surrouned by less crockery / piles of plates.

• Haha
Can I get some help? Could anyone who knows how to share an instagram post here tell me how to do it?

Could you @ComtesseRose @M&MsMom and @HalcyonOrganic

You are the ones I remember sharing Instagram posts here…

:rolleyes:
Here is how I do it when I'm on a laptop, which is most of the time. May laptop is Microsoft based, not Mac based. This works for YouTube, too.

I copy the link to the Instagram post here on Tattle, so when you're on Instagram, open the post you want to copy here on Tattle. If you don't do it this way, you'll end up just posting the link to the Instagram account itself versus the particular post you want to share with people here. It will look something like this:

1703272058778.png

You'll notice I circled an area on the screenshot - that's the link you are going to copy and paste here! When you're here and creating a post, right clip and "copy" the link on Instagram (the blue circled area above) and when you get to your post here on Tattle, then right click again and hit "paste as", then select "plain text", and your link is copied. It will look like a link only, but when you hit "preview" before you hit "post reply" here, the entire post as it looks above will populate.

I hope this helps! There may be an alternative way to do this (and on an I-phone or MAC it's way easier!) but this is the way I do it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Any Tattlers like cherries and chocolate ?
Just munching on Co op black forest mince pie :- brandy and ruby port mincemeat, mormorello cherry conserve, kirsch frosting,
Belgian chocolate snow. DELICIOUS washed down with a freshly ground / brewed coffee
I will be RIGHT THERE, just give me several days, I hear it's nuts at the airports........cherry and chocolate are my favorite pairing ever ever!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Bread sauce vile stuff, puke on a plate.
Oh dear, I'm sorry you feel this way. If you had had a mother like mine, who could not cook very well, then you might think differently about it. Every year she served up huge slabs of dry turkey, overcooked sprouts, rock hard roast potatoes, cold carrots, soggy stuffing and gravy you could stand your spoon up in.

The only saving grace was the bread sauce. She made it from scratch and it was my job to ram loads of cloves into a huge raw onion which she then floated in simmering milk, before the addition of a ton of white fresh breadcrumbs. The resulting gooey mess was like porridge, but it was warm and fragrant with the onion, clove and milk flavours (the bread was tasteless), and it made the rest of the meal palatable - I spread it over everything on my plate.

The smell of it always reminds me of Christmas. :)🎄🎅

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Could it possibly be that Narnia is also off limits?? They had boxes and boxes and boxes of grifted and bought baubles - it's not possible that more were needed unless the supply had been embargoed ? Truly insane.

Dana's kitchen pic was obviously from last year as Amaury looked happy and 20 years younger. Side note about the mysterious Alexander's abrupt departure. Do you remember that he was arriving for part of the winter to sew etc and spent one of his first evenings with Pheefs and Jared decorating peacock tree as a treat for exhausted Fanny who had retired. The 3 were up all night (shenanigans?) and the next morning - it was decided that the shatoh was too cold for Alexander and he was bundled out the door!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
3 more sleeps for Fanny to throw a sickie for Christmas

• Haha
Hi, Tattlers! Marquis' wife here with a quick update on my husband.

He arrived home the other day wearing an orthopedic boot and accompanied by his cousin. I'm so glad we get to spend Christmas with him.
Unfortunately, he missed Chanukah but it's extra meaningful for him to celebrate Christmas with our son, who is doing very well by the way.
Hubby is expected to fully recover in about two or three weeks. I'm just so grateful to have him back.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. ❤

Here's a pic he sent me the day before he flew out of Tel Aviv (he never misses a workout day), and here's one of our son's fifth-month photo shoot.

View attachment 2645319View attachment 2645342
So glad your husband’s back! I’m sure it is quite a relief. And that sweet baby…. it makes your reunion that much better!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This was far more exciting than Lalande vlog
Watched this live yesterday and on flight radar map, SO pleased not to be a passenger, 1st class, business class or cattle, you are all in the same tin can on landing. Friend had it over his house 3 times
I really admire pilots and I guess there was a lot of cross wind that day. Can you imagine your confidence on getting that huge plane down when you have tried 2 times and on to your third! I would be so in a panic by then!
I also like to watch the big supermarket trucks backing into the small holding bays ....... I am crap at backing up in my car and when I see them just do a "bing , bang , boom" and that big old truck is sitting just in the right place while the driving is going backwards - hell, who needs to go to the movies !:love::love::love:

ComtesseRose ...... thank you once again 💋 for the new thread.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.