The Chateau Diaries #278 Fanny sleeps in her make-up, eats like a trash panda, and drinks like a fish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Swedish Death Cleaning is, I think, what I'm doing in my office. I said I spend three hours a day in there and that's about all I can handle because I look at every single thing, every little piece of paper in a file. At times, it has been quite emotional. It's like a slow motion flashback of my life, as well as the lives of my parents, since as an only child, I have all of their stuff, too. My husband was helping me and he got so frustrated he decided I'd be better off going through everything alone! I'm stuck on things that leave me with a conundrum. For example, I have my christening dress all boxed up and tiny looking and as I look at it, I wonder why I have it, why I keep it? I never look at it, I never think about it. The whole Marie Kondo thing about holding an item and if it "sparks joy" you should keep it, if not, get rid of it - this christening dress sparks nothing in me at all! Yet it seems so crass to throw it out. Using the mindset of Swedish Death Cleaning, am I just going to leave this sort of stuff for my husband to worry about, should I go before him? I'm 99% sure that if I were to die before him, he'd throw it out. When my father died in 2014, my stepmother gave me three huge cartons of his personal papers. I have his thesis, so many newspaper clippings, his diplomas, his medical licenses, his awards.....all sorts of things that I never think about pulling out of the boxes and mulling over as a reminder of who he was. I know who he was! I try and live who he was, I don't need these things to remind me of what a great person he was! Do I throw them out? It's his professional life in those boxes. And again, when I leave this earth, whoever is here to sort through my stuff will throw it out!

I guess I'm not really a person who needs "things" to evoke memory or love in people who have left this earth. Being burdened with their "stuff" as I try to unburden myself of my own "stuff", has proven to be the challenge I didn't think it would be!
As far as the thesis goes - how long ago did he do it? In NZ a copy of all masters and phd theses are put in the university libraries where the person studied; you could offer it to the university in case they don't have a copy, then it would be up to them to digitalise it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
1702585219383.png

bente kaizer
9 hours ago
I sometimes wonder how Nati can work at her desk with so much going on in the petite salon. I wonder if she would like a dedicated office space with a proper door.
caroline gooder
3 hours ago
There is a desk area upstairs she can also use when the heat is finished. Her files are upstairs or in the new China cabinet bottom drawers that she claimed.

caroline gooder
3 hours ago
Antoine is now 13, and his mother wants the pool built in the back. That would bring him and his friends for a visit. Dan's children could also visit more during the year.

caroline gooder
3 hours ago
After the heating system is finished and the Grand Salon is done, then the apartments by the wood hanger will also be done. Steve is working on new wallpaper for even the rose room for the B&B and staff rooms. Upstairs in the attic, the bamboo room, Marie's bedroom, and bathroom and tiny room are being worked on. One day, Amaury and Natti will have choices of area. A new pool area and building could be built with a gite there for them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
The lack of care, making fun of the veil by reducing it to; you can put whatever on your head, even a dirty napkin. Does not sit well with me.
Making fun of religion has become the norm this past decade and I don't like it!

Now let's pick another religion instead of Christianity ; would it be fun if they wore a Kippah? Or a hijab/scarf like muslim and jewish women do? No, they'd be outraged.

Someone's religion shouldn't be reduced to flog flodder.
generally they been making fun of religion for years in tv and movies , take for instance jerry Seinfeld and the with jesus picture on the wall in his bathroom where he accidently pees splashes all over it. I don't agree with it being to the point of disrespectful and its against our culture here to make fun of any prophet . What really rubs me is here gaslighting with it all the crossing of herself one minute, the next his costume, then as you say the dirty napkin the fake crying and candle lighting . What I disagree with is the ebegging from her using religion and her chapel its just as bad as those an American television evangelist who buy private jets with grannies pension money sent .then becomes clear she is more than predictable going to misuse those funds for partying, travelling boozing, and hoarding the latest crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I volunteer at two of our local men’s shelters as well as supporting the women’s shelter. All three are shelters of last resort. All are also clean, with strict hygiene and sobriety regulations. In the summers they’re cool while being warm in the winter. If there’s a hurricane clients are evacuated. Temps below 40F bring out the extra mattresses and everyone doubles up to help as many as possible. Two meals a day are provided and while it isn’t four star, it’s balanced, nutritious and plentiful. LaLande is a gulag by comparison.
Well that’s something you’ll never hear from Fanny’s mouth…”I volunteer…”. Actually doing something for someone else with expecting anything in return. And no, Fanny, “donating” your fan’s money doesn’t count as volunteering.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Pavlina moved to Prague.
I think she's just visiting and is there as part of her travels through Europe.
At least that's what I see when reading her posts. She spent a fair amount of time in Vienna, too, prior to Prague.

1702586733057.png

---
View attachment 2630281
bente kaizer
9 hours ago
I sometimes wonder how Nati can work at her desk with so much going on in the petite salon. I wonder if she would like a dedicated office space with a proper door.
caroline gooder
3 hours ago
There is a desk area upstairs she can also use when the heat is finished. Her files are upstairs or in the new China cabinet bottom drawers that she claimed.

caroline gooder
3 hours ago
Antoine is now 13, and his mother wants the pool built in the back. That would bring him and his friends for a visit. Dan's children could also visit more during the year.

caroline gooder
3 hours ago
After the heating system is finished and the Grand Salon is done, then the apartments by the wood hanger will also be done. Steve is working on new wallpaper for even the rose room for the B&B and staff rooms. Upstairs in the attic, the bamboo room, Marie's bedroom, and bathroom and tiny room are being worked on. One day, Amaury and Natti will have choices of area. A new pool area and building could be built with a gite there for them.
Oh, yes, Caroline! Let's let the Patrons just pay for everything the owners of that cesspool enjoy!
Next thing you know, they'll be paying outright for Antoine's university, too!
Assholes. All of them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
You would only know this if you were at the chateau.
Exactly!
I'm kind of late to this as I originally thought Ms. Gooder was just an obsessed fanatic with a Rain Man memory, but... there is absolutely no way she gleans all of that intel from the vlogs, socials, or Patreon vids. Ladyfriend is definitely an insider or one of the key players.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Exactly. I originally thought Ms. Gooder was just an obsessed fanatic with a Rain Man memory, but recently, so much of the info she divulges has not been discussed in any vlogs, socials, or Patreon vids.
Ms Gooder is living under that patio where the bats are! 🦇

So ..... I wonder what E-begging Advent Delights we are in for today ???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Caroline Gooder talks of a wood hanger. What nationality would say that? In the UK we would say wood shed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Interesting reading how some of the tarts have difficulty with what to do with their “stuff” or their loved ones stuff.

Not me. I throughly enjoy shredding, burning, throwing out or donating, anything and everything. Clothing, personal items, furniture, art, china, crystal, dust collectors, all out. Work, financial or personal paperwork is shredded asap. Old pictures, momentos: scan some, throw out the rest. Some have really bad memories attached and i really like shredding those. Cards, some are scanned. Most i never look at again. When they are in my drive for too long, time to delete. I have found that i never think about this stuff once they are removed.

I have asked my son if he wants certain items, he usually says No. So, I will not burden him with anything. In doing so, i have unburdened myself.

I‘ve realized stuff is just in the way, it clutters the mind, keeps us in the past. I have found it is so freeing to to rid myself of all of it. It’s a relief for me to let it all go. To let the past go.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
caroline gooder
3 hours ago
fookin lying beetch. antoine wasn't seen in the shatow since i don't know when. and that shity greedy madam didn't let dan's kid having one stinky tulip and she would allegedly let them use HER pool?! yeah, right.

• Heart
Just because you treasure something does not mean you should expect another to do the same.

Things that matter are not things.

Confucious will go to sleep now.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think she's just visiting and is there as part of her travels through Europe.
At least that's what I see when reading her posts. She spent a fair amount of time in Vienna, too, prior to Prague.

View attachment 2630332
---

Oh, yes, Caroline! Let's let the Patrons just pay for everything the owners of that cesspool enjoy!
Next thing you know, they'll be paying outright for Antoine's university, too!
Assholes. All of them.
i used "moved" as "she's not in viena anymore, she's in prague". she's moving around europe. i hope she won't make a full circle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
They both kind of fling themselves at people like small children. It looks like an act of desperation and it looks staged, not like love or real passion. They just don't look like two adults who love each other. The fact that they even do it on camera is telling!
Looks like actors in a soap opera.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Over at the convent … Michael is playing the organ. That bloke for all his faults has so many skills and interests.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Teabag to the rescue with the Osmo on Billsters Island, applying it correctly in one long sweep without lifting the brush. Can't help but love him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Over at the convent … Michael is playing the organ. That bloke for all his faults has so many skills and interests.❤
And, thank you Michael for showing billyboy how to paint on the finish on the island. He was driving me crazy with that back and forth brushing. I do miss seeing him on a regular basis faults and all.
IMG_4488.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.