The Chateau Diaries #278 Fanny sleeps in her make-up, eats like a trash panda, and drinks like a fish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do watch some hoarding clean up channels, it spurs me to.clean my own house and clear out crap. I have not moved in 25 years so have not had to clear out and pack anything for a move, stuff tends to accumulate over the years. Fanny is being buried alive in her stuff, she doesn't get rid of anything, just keeps piling up more stuff. It is a sickness and Snorts is just like her.
q
My hubby and I are doing this now 33 years and the stuff you collect is unreal. I have cleared out over the years but the last 6 is everything has just built up again. Plus my father passed away so we had to clear his house out and I had to bring the stuff to my house as my brother has one bedroom apartment. My parents were hoarders so I really try not to have that gene but it’s just so difficult to get rid of stuff these days and I hate the thought that I’m adding to landfill, but I guess I have to.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The singing was abysmal. I am so depressed for Marie. She just got the weight of the Eastern Bloc Girl Gang off her back only to be condemned to spend many dark cold weeks alone in that slum.
don't need to be sorry for her. she lives her dream.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Lucia day is celebrated in Nordic countries at the darkest time of the year. Ceremonies are sometimes held in churches or halls which are in darkness apart from light from the candles. The young girl, dressed all in white, with a wreath and candles on her head, comes in and the singing starts. It's really magical and moving: a symbol of light in the darkness. Families often do it at home in the early morning to greet people waking up, and the girl dressed as Lucia may be accompanied by brothers also dressed in white as "star boys". In Sweden, Saint Lucia's Day is the day when the Nobel Prizes are presented. Early in the morning, each prizewinner is woken up in their hotel room by a Lucia with "Lucy cats" (saffron buns), and with the singing. It is so beautiful. What Fanny and co. do is a real mockery of something so lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Gosh- it must be maddening to be so cold all the time. And surrounded by a depressing, growing hoard crawling with vermin. I am glad she and her man did the sensible thing and moved out. Conditions must be so horrible for them to opt out of free &/or discounted rent. That place is a flop house for those who have zero options.
I volunteer at two of our local men’s shelters as well as supporting the women’s shelter. All three are shelters of last resort. All are also clean, with strict hygiene and sobriety regulations. In the summers they’re cool while being warm in the winter. If there’s a hurricane clients are evacuated. Temps below 40F bring out the extra mattresses and everyone doubles up to help as many as possible. Two meals a day are provided and while it isn’t four star, it’s balanced, nutritious and plentiful. LaLande is a gulag by comparison.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
q
My hubby and I are doing this now 33 years and the stuff you collect is unreal. I have cleared out over the years but the last 6 is everything has just built up again. Plus my father passed away so we had to clear his house out and I had to bring the stuff to my house as my brother has one bedroom apartment. My parents were hoarders so I really try not to have that gene but it’s just so difficult to get rid of stuff these days and I hate the thought that I’m adding to landfill, but I guess I have to.
I see this all the time in my business, rather I see the “stuff”. I’ve been to countless on-site estate sales. High end to low end. It’s all the same. There are collections, memories, trophies, hobbies, passions…. You see the way people lived - hoarder, collector, neat as a pin, dusty as all hell, loved to entertain, history buff, clothes horse, more money than sense, no money but elegant, on and on and on….

What I have learned after many years is that it is all just stuff. It pretty much all can be replaced. It pretty much all can be sold. It just depends on whether or not you want to deal with it, or if you want your kids to deal with it, or if there’s no one to deal with it. It will all be dealt with once you are gone - by someone. Pictures, writing, art, sewing, handmade things. Those are the irreplaceable things, like the thesis that was mentioned. Some of those things are valued by collectors. Given the opportunity, a dealer may want to sell something like that. Many dealers scour charity shops and estate sales for such things. If you want someone to get use from things like that, it’s best to donate them. Quilts, embroidery, drawings, art, even old Christmas ornaments are collected by someone. Sometimes the things people think are valuable are just old, but everything has value to someone.

In my personal life I used to crave having more things. My mother was a very spare person, she didn’t acquire much that was not utilitarian. When my parents divorced I left my house at 18 with my clothes. My dad sold all my bedroom furniture. I think that led me to acquire at a fast pace for a long time.

I love things. I love to look at them, learn about them, make things, fix things… But I find now I just like saving things for other people to enjoy. I love selling antique and vintage things that make people happy. Things that are pretty, or nostalgic, or useful or just cool. It gives me immense joy. By buying and selling I’ve learned you can let everything go. You can find another one. But I’ve also learned that having too many things is a burden. They have to be cleaned and dusted and washed and stored. If you have too much you can’t take care of it (as evidenced by Ms Jarvis and her collection of tit), your things will ruin. Your clothes will end up with holes and mold. Your spaces will be unusable. Things will become a burden.

Mainly I’d say keep what you can care for and keep in mind what you want leave as a legacy and who will be handling it, and donate everything you can. And there is always help if you want to sell it or need the money.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Can't see any writer of literary fiction behaving like that in an airport bookshop even if they felt like it! Beig a pick on the Richard & Judy Book Club would be anathema to them! Do you think Fanny is acknowledged as a research source?!
---

You can always rely on Marie to expose things usually hidden. She had better be more careful or her services will no longer be required and she will get booted out!
i was thinking that too. but filthy shatlaine can't afford to kick her out now, because there is noone to look after the house while she's in SA. and if maria won't return in the spring for the bnb season, who will cook full time for guests?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
q
I don’t know where you are but just Donate! Donate! Donate!
There are people upcycling, reselling and doing it all with stuff others don’t need…
Armies of people all over the world are out there looking for treasure in others peoples “trash” and they live out of it…
Just pack everything and donate to Salvation Army, Goodwill, Churches diverses, Emmaus etc… depending on where you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
q
I see this all the time in my business, rather I see the “stuff”. I’ve been to countless on-site estate sales. High end to low end. It’s all the same. There are collections, memories, trophies, hobbies, passions…. You see the way people lived - hoarder, collector, neat as a pin, dusty as all hell, loved to entertain, history buff, clothes horse, more money than sense, no money but elegant, on and on and on….

What I have learned after many years is that it is all just stuff. It pretty much all can be replaced. It pretty much all can be sold. It just depends on whether or not you want to deal with it, or if you want your kids to deal with it, or if there’s no one to deal with it. It will all be dealt with once you are gone - by someone. Pictures, writing, art, sewing, handmade things. Those are the irreplaceable things, like the thesis that was mentioned. Some of those things are valued by collectors. Given the opportunity, a dealer may want to sell something like that. Many dealers scour charity shops for such things. If you want someone to get use from things like that, it’s best to donate them. Quilts, embroidery, drawings, art, even old Christmas ornaments are collected by someone. Sometimes the things people think are valuable are just old, but everything has value to someone.

In my personal life I used to crave having more things. My mother was a very spare person, she didn’t acquire much that was not utilitarian. I love things. I love to look at them, learn about them, make things, fix things… But I find now I just like saving things for other people to enjoy. I love selling antique and vintage things that make people happy. Things that are pretty, or nostalgic, or useful or just cool. It gives me immense joy.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Looks like Phi phi has been shopping online again. Didn’t they buy 3 to 5 new Çhristmas trees last year?
Nonononono, Balsam Hill gifted her those trees! She would never spend patron funds on such extravagance in violation of association laws. Go on Gracie, pull the other one!😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Hey Fanny, I have saved you a lot of reading and written up a list of questions for your next Patreon vlog Q&A:

1. Where did Potts go?
2. What happened to the other fellow who fell off the roof?
3. What’s up with the Winter Salon?
4. Why is Nathan working elsewhere instead of finishing your heating system?
5. What is the purpose of the orange fence in the courtyard?
6. Why is this boiler room taking your cousin months to complete?
7. How are the new chairs going to fit into your boyfriend’s already full bedroom?
8. Are you taking Ozempic?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
View attachment 2628771
View attachment 2628759
ruthywriter
5 days ago
Mad dash around London checking out THE ESACPE on shelves in @whsmithofficial. The most magical feeling!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🥂 My first reel celebrating THE ESCAPE being a Richard and Judy BooK Club Pick ⭐⭐
Location London, United Kingdom
View attachment 2628755
Half price..... that good eh?
---
I have M&S Xmas Crackers and nothing monogramed!
I have Home Bargains superior crackers... they have toe nail clippers so really posh ones...(the grand kids just like the bang)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
The lack of care, making fun of the veil by reducing it to; you can put whatever on your head, even a dirty napkin. Does not sit well with me.
Making fun of religion has become the norm this past decade and I don't like it!

Now let's pick another religion instead of Christianity ; would it be fun if they wore a Kippah? Or a hijab/scarf like muslim and jewish women do? No, they'd be outraged.

Someone's religion shouldn't be reduced to flog flodder.
THIS!!! it takes a lot to offend me but even I was taken back with last nights offering, Fanny's Klan are trying way to hard to be funny, engaging and drum up engagement, the reek of desperation is all most unbearable.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
If it is a recent purchase it would be a good one. I believe those are hand painted Royal Copenhagen. Very pricey. Might have gotten a deal at Emmaus.
I too was going to say Royal Copenhagen and they are indeed very costly-my Mum collected crockery and had this set.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Did we know that Dan has Patrons??? He mentioned in his live that he has shared photos/ stuff with his patrons? how many does he have?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.