The Chateau Diaries #277 Clippy was the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am starting to think Fanny has serious mental problems…first I thought it was all just part of her pure narcissistic soul, but now I think she has serious mental problems. She is a danger to herself and others around her. And no one says a thing.
Yes I agree. This is why she always has to have a Minder looking after her. Unfortunately from uncle and aunt it's their watch at the moment.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
A tip about storing opals @Lochness Monster. They should be placed in a small plastic bag with a small damp cottonbail, not wet just damp.
Your opal with become brighter and the colours more intense.

Mr G M recently bought a Victorian opal pendant for me and stored it in the manner described above. We were looking at it last night and my goodness, the intensity of the colours is amazing. The damp cotton wool moisturises the opal because an opal is porous. It enhances the colour and clarity. You will find the cotton wool becomes quite dirty if it is an old piece of jewellery.

P.S. I too love antique jewellery.
How lovely that you have such a pendant and yes the colours are extraordinary. You will get pleasure from wearing it.
My collection contains fire opal and black opal aswell. I have six nieces and three god daughters so need plenty to share out! They don’t like the mourning jewellery 😅.

Don’t we usually see Mary Poppins having to clean Fanny’s silver about now in time for Christmas? I feel Snorts should be doing this cleaning of silver, it is the least he could do.
I was wondering if pot washer Dave will hand wash all those cathedral plates that Snorts has been buying.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Argos advert
Just the kitchen gadget for CHMN it does everything AND eats the food for you PARRRRFFFFFECCCCTTTTTT

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Thank you once again @ComtesseRose for the new thread. Trying to catch up after a pretty scary health issue for me and husband with covid again. Last couple of weeks have been no fun but all's well now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
They're off to Limooooges tonight. What's the betting more tit for the shitoo.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
More likely to attract people who he didn’t get on with in the past who will take to leaving rude comments. 😂😂
Or friends and relatives of the partner he abandoned in an unfinished hovel with his children
---
... at least when there is no big storm which cuts their power supply off :) I really liked how they took it in stride and made an interesting video out of it which showed how they solved the problem instead of just whining like someone else would

I love them ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The massage…. Likely the first time she had had heterosexual sex in the last 3 years.

View attachment 2611157
Depends on what you consider Potts to be! 😂
---
Meanwhile, on "The Only Chateau Owners Who Don't Piss Us Off", Amanda and Lincoln are working on making a temporary kitchen in their guest house (while the Chateau kitchen is under construction) with plans to renovate the guest house eventually for friends and family. No Patreon, no cyberbegging- not even a "Go to our online store" cry (they were nice enough to put their merch link in the description, and this is fine.) Their Chateau has HEAT and hot water! Kudos to Our French Chateau for keeping it real!
Amanda and Lincoln are the best. I love her interior design taste and can't wait to see the new kitchen

• Heart
Reactions: 27
IMG_5416.png

Please excuse my language…

The bleeping witch went shopping with her bleeping shopaholic gay boyfriend and bought more bleeping porcelain and then came home to a bleeping gourmet meal cooked by her bleeping personal chef. But she expects us to adopt a bleeping star and send her bleeping money for her bleeping chapel renovation. What the duck???????????

IMG_5418.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
I think Camilla felt her marriage was threatened by Ollie’s dumb Friend- and rightly so. Enough is enough. Same with Nic and Marie. Again, rightly so.
I think it's more a case of Camilla seeing how everyone is now seeing Fanny for the crook that she is and not wanting to be associated with it

• Heart
Reactions: 35
They're off to Limooooges tonight. What's the betting more tit for the shitoo.
A whole dishwasher full of new unnecessary crap. Smugtwat is definitely fancying his chances with John he is positively stalking him. Watch out Kamel your place is being usurped by the creepy little tit.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
FRK tells us she used a whole chicken whereas normally she uses half a breast and one wing between 10 guests.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
It's all about shopping, shopping, shopping. If you add up all these so-called bargains, you could restore the chapel and build a pond.

How much do you think the bill was at the food hall?

And what was it about Marie's food that caused such enthusiasm? I thought it looked pretty disgusting... Nordic cuisine doesn't seem to be my favorite.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
A tip about storing opals @Lochness Monster. They should be placed in a small plastic bag with a small damp cottonbail, not wet just damp.
Your opal with become brighter and the colours more intense.

Mr G M recently bought a Victorian opal pendant for me and stored it in the manner described above. We were looking at it last night and my goodness, the intensity of the colours is amazing. The damp cotton wool moisturises the opal because an opal is porous. It enhances the colour and clarity. You will find the cotton wool becomes quite dirty if it is an old piece of jewellery.

P.S. I too love antique jewellery.
I'm going to try this tip! Question for you - do you seal the plastic bag or leave it open a bit?
I have a Victorian ring that was my great grandmother's, with seed pearls. I'll have to take a picture. It's sad, but it was given to me at 21 years old, and when I put it on, I dropped it and sheered one of the opals right off! About 20 years ago, I asked the person locally who I buy most of my antique jewelry from if she could repair it. Her repair man has boxes and boxes of old gemstones and he was able to match the damaged opal perfectly, with the same intensity as that from the late 1800's. I wear it in the summer but never in the winter...so I will store it with this method. I'll have to take a picture of it - it's beautiful.

As an aside, I asked my relatives if any of them would like to have it shortly after my mom died, because it's sort of dainty and there are lots of teens and young women in our family, and I had one person who said they would love it. I was so happy that someone would want it. Also, since we have such a large family, there had been a lot of infighting about who was going to get what when my great grandmother passed away. I got her china and this ring before she died, so I had hoped that this would sort of make people happy that I was giving this to someone in my family - they weren't happy when I got the ring, according to my mom and several cousins. Right before I was ready to Fed-X it to them, one of my cousins called me and texted me urgently and told me not to give the ring to this person. She had spoken to them and they said they would probably sell it! My cousin said if that was the case, it should be me who sells it and gets the money. Unfortunately, that wasn't the point...it was to have something passed down from our family (I think I've mentioned that my great grandmother had 17 children....my grandmother was the oldest but died in the 1970's. My great grandmother lived to be 100 and died in the early 1980's and gave me the ring when I graduated from college at 21 years old). People just aren't sentimental anymore.......and my family wonders why I don't keep up with 3/4 of them! This is why......

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Ugh...
I dread going to Limoges. I just know Phyllis will buy half of the Bernardaud factory shop.
At least it's Bernardaud and not the cheap unbranded paaarcalaine Phyllis brings home from Emmaüs.
If I could roll my eyes, I absolutely would. Hmm... If I could roll my eyes, it must mean it's time for another appointment.

Limoges Face.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Just watched the flog. Soooo much love bombing of Marie by Stef. She really wants/keens Marie to stay over winter and dog sit.

• Sick
Reactions: 34
I don't like to make disparaging remarks about another person's Christmas decorations, but I can't help myself tonight. I thought Linda Vater's Christmas trees won for world's ugliest, but I was wrong.

Behold, Jared Gruene has a new Instagram post, and he's posted his Christmas tree. I'll just leave it at that.

View attachment 2610760
What the F* is that!!?? Looks like he recycled an old TV roof antennae. So creative that one!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.