The Chateau Diaries #277 Clippy was the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stephanie thinks people are too stupid to see her openly manipulative visit to the Basilica in Limoges. She has NEVER been into the Basilica, although she has visited Limoges dozens of times. Suddenly, when she is starting her big ebegging campaign for the historically insignificant private chapel at the Dump, she wants to spend two minutes visiting the Basilica, talking about its importance, playing 2 minutes of footage of the stained glass and the interior while playing classical music in the background. What a transparent setup to prime the pump for chapel ebegging. She is trying to pull at the emotions and heartstrings of viewers and also place a historically insignificant chapel on par with the basilica in Limoges.
When she was in the church I thought . . . For god's sake . . . Not another church visit. . . . Give it up.
---
Thanks! I'm going to do this tonight. It'll be stored until the weather warms. I keep all of those little ziplock bags, too - sometimes, when you buy a piece of clothing, an extra button is in one of those little ziplock bags, and I have a bunch of those to clear out.....I saved the button but no longer have the piece of clothing! I also hoard any and all of those little silica gel packs you get when you buy a pair of shoes or electronics of some sort. They are really good for keeping pieces dry, preventing tarnish of silver pieces.
I didn't know about silica and tarnishing. Thanks for that tip.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I am still confounded by Clippy. What is the meaning of it?
Clippy was the name of the little paperclip thingie (and now @HalcyonOrganic 's avatar) that used to come up in Microsoft Office if you had a question or if you got random tips about Microsoft programs. If you opened up Excel, for example, Clippy would come up and give some random tip about Excel. I don't know how old you are or if you are familiar with Microsoft products, but they are fairly standard in most office settings. Microsoft did away with Clippy (per Google, in Microsoft's 2007 version), so it's possible you never saw it, depending on your age! Someone here mentioned that the Fleurries logo reminded them of Clippy, which started several people talking about how Clippy got on their nerves (and it did) until you could figure out how to turn it off. Then, Halcie suggested the thread title that we have on here, because Clippy is his buddy. Again, a van-glorious title by a van-glorious Tattler.

Here is Clippy:

1701825634724.png

This is the Fleurrie candle:

1701826117098.png

That's all...it's not anything at all related to Lalande. It's just something funny/fun.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I am still confounded by Clippy. What is the meaning of it?
The Office Assistant Clippy is a discontinued intelligent user interface for Microsoft Office that assisted users by way of an interactive animated character which interfaced with the Office help content. It was likened to the logo design by another chateau owner. It looked like the paperclip Clippy.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's not just the botox . . . it's her makeup, it's just so harsh and ageing.
If Fanny spent as much money on a good skincare regime as she does on Botox (and actually adhered to it), she wouldn't need to get Botox. Her makeup does her absolutely no favours- it's stuck in the 90s. She needs to use a primer, a better colour match of foundation, a more natural brow, contour, less heavy handed with the blush (it's clownish), a more natural brow, and ditch the black liquid eyeliner on the top lid- it only makes her look more like Cruella DeVille. No amount of Botox or sporadic use of the Foreo is going to help her when she sleeps in her makeup, eats like a trash panda, and drinks like a fish.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Given the size of majority of CHMN guests the massage man would have needed to buy a extra strength and width table and worn boxing gloves to not loose his hands in the roles of flab, imagine that huge wool woman who sat in the ice and went home early.

As someone who calls ahead and makes certain their massage therapist is used to, and is comfortable working on, fat people, I am certain that every guest who is overweight has checked in with him and his skills prior. Lawd knows the last thing I want is arriving to a much needed massage only to find out the therapist isn't comfortable working on me. I can promise, boxing gloves are unnecessary to get deep within my rolls without losing one's hands.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Just doing a La La stocktake, stimulated by some fans' comments and also comments on the zero gain in property value. Also hope some of the frenzied fans read this as a courtesy reminder of the current inhabitable status of the farmhouse.

Current projects:
1. THE BASICS - infrastructure to be habitable
1.1 Working heating - replacement units
and new/expanded units needed
1.2 Water pressure? (toilet not flushing)
1.3 Hot water?
1.4 Windows - rotted, repainting throughout
1.5 Damp/mould problems especially
back corridor
1.6 Ceiling fix for recent leaks back
corridor and kitchen
1.7 Facade falling down
1.8 Shutters at risk of falling down, some
need replacement
1.9 No roof contingency savings plan
1.10 Mouse infestation in kitchen. Bats and
Owls have to be tolerated due to
protected status.
1.11 External stairs to gites, fire stairs

2. WORKING AREAS (ie contribute to earning money) - practicalities for community living & BnB, Gites
2.1 Kitchen - working stove, suitable bench
tops for food prep and storage (height and
surface). SJ desired a new fridge and
stove.
2.2 Downstairs Loo
2.3 Gites - Natti's needs completion,
upgrade Nic's & Marquis apart, Gerry's to be
built/completed
2.4 Peacock bedroom & wallpaper -
currently half a wall of paper missing
2.5 Locks on all bedroom and gite doors.
NOTE: The pantry/wine cellar has one.

3. PUBLIC AREAS
3.1 Grand Salon - panelling
3.2 Winter salon - library shelves
3.3 Petite salon - functioning however desire
to paint it purple
3.4 Dining Room - still waiting for final
curtain (16 years) and the tutorial (2 years)
3.5 Patio area - stairs, wall, flooring/base
3.6 The Chapel - roof down, windows almost
complete, the restoration internally
3.7 Leisure area - the pool, swimming pond,
& THE OG......THE LAKE

4. PRIVATE AREAS
4.1 SJ bedroom/office/dressing
room/bathroom - walls, floor, decor
4.2 China Pantry completion, at moment
just concrete floor, incomplete walls
4.3 Attic completion - one half strewn with
junk

I can't do the garden part. I'm too over the BS. Please feel free to add/edit.

ALL of the above was written by Rory on 18/11/21. Over 2 years ago now. As far as I can see the ONLY thing that has been started on that list is the roof (vaulted ceiling) in the chapel.
Thanks for this. I'm obsessed with restoring old windows. If I did it personally, which I don't, and did one a week, I think there are 117 at Lalande? I would have been done already.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Thanks for this. I'm obsessed with restoring old windows. If I did it personally, which I don't, and did one a week, I think there are 117 at Lalande? I would have been done already.
I watched the "Second Empire Strikes Back" do his, and wow, it was certainly a task (but not impossible.)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I watched the "Second Empire Strikes Back" do his, and wow, it was certainly a task (but not impossible.)
Yeah, he does a good job.
Daniel Kanter has a boyfriend, Brad, @ittybittybungalow on IG, who is spearheading a really interesting program of restoring the old windows in the 19th century community center of his Methodist camping ground cottage at Silver Lake. Not coincidentally he's chairing a program on how to make old houses sustainably weather tight.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Stephanie thinks people are too stupid to see her openly manipulative visit to the Basilica in Limoges. She has NEVER been into the Basilica, although she has visited Limoges dozens of times. Suddenly, when she is starting her big ebegging campaign for the historically insignificant private chapel at the Dump, she wants to spend two minutes visiting the Basilica, talking about its importance, playing 2 minutes of footage of the stained glass and the interior while playing classical music in the background. What a transparent setup to prime the pump for chapel ebegging. She is trying to pull at the emotions and heartstrings of viewers and also place a historically insignificant chapel on par with the basilica in Limoges.

How many times has she shown shopping expeditions to the Limoge factory? Well over 20+ times?

Snorts tried to dress like a big boy for John, putting on a tie and clipping in his poofiest hair extensions into his ponytail.
Why is his head square? WTF? Is it the magic marker outline of a hairline, the spray on black hair?

Fanny gave up on advent videos. Her lack of effort is really, really evident.

Davy seems happy. Good for him. I liked how he said he would rather work outside in the rain rather than go shopping for porcelain with Stephanie and Snorts. God love him, Davy is a truth teller. Don‘t ever change Davy.

Hanni looks like a manic, deranged elf.

Marie really, really, really, really wants to be the B and B chef for 2024.

Did you notice Fanny using the word adorable during the video? So similar to Ruthie‘s portrayal of a in her book who like to describe things as adorbs.

Fanny shaded Khillip with her remark about how she knows he loves to buy porcelain embossed with the letter k.

Why didn’t stingy Fanny bring anything home from the market for Marie?
It's always jarring to see SJ, the happy idolastress, visit a church and feign reverence.

• Heart
  • Haha
She has NEVER been into the Basilica, although she has visited Limoges dozens of times.
I was watching the Basilica and the beautiful stained glass windows .... you know, just going with the flow and then the singing came on!!
OMG..... I thought, that witch is singing in the church but then I realized it was just a voice over .
Mine you , I would not put it past her for her begging for Christmas $$$ Money !!!
---
Marie really, really, really, really wants to be the B and B chef for 2024.
Oh doesn't she want that Gracie!!!
Going all out .... well, trying.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think it's more a case of Camilla seeing how everyone is now seeing Fanny for the crook that she is and not wanting to be associated with it
Agreed. I don't think Camilla is as dumb as she portrays herself to be on camera- after all, she is the only person who knows the plumbing at the Magical Modernist Heap, and can light the boiler. Fanny can't even be arsed to make a fire.

• Heart
If Fanny spent as much money on a good skincare regime as she does on Botox (and actually adhered to it), she wouldn't need to get Botox. Her makeup does her absolutely no favours- it's stuck in the 90s. She needs to use a primer, a better colour match of foundation, a more natural brow, contour, less heavy handed with the blush (it's clownish), a more natural brow, and ditch the black liquid eyeliner on the top lid- it only makes her look more like Cruella DeVille. No amount of Botox or sporadic use of the Foreo is going to help her when she sleeps in her makeup, eats like a trash panda, and drinks like a fish.
You can only get away with that makeup if you are young .
Her makeup reminds me of this ---------

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
🧵 Suggestion - Would you rather come with us to look at porcelain? No actually, I'd rather stay in the rain.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.