The Chateau Diaries #270 It's a good thing Snorty lays tables since he doesn't lay Fanny!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations for naming the thread @Lady Avonlea and nominating it @LittleMore Cottage.

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread

Hedda Hopper

Chatty Member

Oct 12, 2023
Off topic for CD, but on topic for love. As many of you know, my husband has dementia and I'm his sole caregiver. I reached out to the Veteran's Administration social worker for help because I was pretty stressed out and becoming depressed. She recommended an adult day care center not too far from where we live. It is an intergenerational center with half day care for infants and preschoolers and the half for seniors, most with dementia. The seniors and little ones get together twice a day for fun time and socializing. We tried it out this week and it was a great success for my husband! When we arrived they had bunnies and baby miniature goats! So effing adorable! He stayed three hours while I got a break. He had a lot of fun dancing and socializing. He was able to tell me pretty much everything he did and later asked when we were going back - yeah! I will have him go twice a week. I also found out he is eligible for transport to and from the center door-to-door for the price of a bus ticket, giving me even more time for myself. You just can't believe what a relief this is for both of us. I feel the anger, stress and resentment of having to care for him 24/7 just melt away. I hope more centers like this open up. It's good for the seniors and the little ones too. Something positive!

• Heart
Reactions:You, Fleurserenity, pasta_aldente and 57 others

Iolair

VIP Member

Oct 12, 2023
Dear Tattle friends...

With friends in both Gaza and in Israel, I find myself very conflicted over the current situation. I deeply appreciate the horror and desperation on both sides and because of this I will no longer be commenting on the conflict here on Tattle, nor will I be acknowledging posts made by friends here. So, no ❤'s, no 😔's, no 👍's no 😡 from me from now on.

I've learnt just now that my archaeological friend Sara, currently in Egypt, and whose two little girls were in Gaza, has lost her youngest girl to the bombing. She was 3. Her oldest daughter, aged 5, has a broken arm and a concussion and is in the care of gentle strangers in a UN school. Their aunt, who was taking care of them is injured and in a hospital with virtually no supplies. Two cousins of a close friend in Israel have been badly burnt, with one also shot and are in hospital. Everyone has been in tears, including me.

It's not that I don't care to acknowledge the pain and worry some here are going through thanks to this conflict... it's that I care very much and as a result have decided to distance myself from the discussion. From now on I'm scrolling by comments on Gaza and will not engage. I'm sticking to the antics at the HMN and thank you beautiful caring people for your understanding.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions:You, Maria Antonia Hb, Serendipity and 51 others

MRShavershamsdress

VIP Member

Oct 12, 2023
Apologies, but I just saw the security video of a kibbutz attack and the murder of every resident. I’m stunned and sitting here weeping. My next door neighbor is also here, shaking in the middle of a panic attack. She is Jewish, though not particularly orthodox. Her baby sister, brother-in-law and both nieces are now dead. She didn’t even realize they were there. Her nephew had stayed home as his wife is pregnant and near term. I’ve never heard a scream like that before. She was outside walking her dog when she got the call. Our nearest neighbors have come, helping her to grieve. I want to do something but I’m at a loss as to what. Because of my work I’ve been involved in planning and logistics for the relief efforts as well as activating our ready reserve assets but feel there must be something more I can do. How is it possible for a civilization to hate so much?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Maria Antonia Hb, josi and 39 others

Hedda Hopper

Chatty Member

Oct 12, 2023
True confessions of a past Fanny fan. I started watching CD before COVID. I was completely in love with the idea of restoring the chateau. I loved the energy and fun that the people living and volunteering there were having. I really wanted to go and be a volunteer myself, but I was working and my finances weren't in the best shape at the time to do something like that. When Fanny announced she was going to hire a manager for the BnB I fantasized about doing that job. Of course, it was out of the question as I am married and live nowhere close to the chateau. I thought it would be a fun job working alongside Fanny and making sure the chateau was welcoming for the guests. I had visions of helping Fanny host the dinners, providing information for interesting outings and activities nearby and being a type of concierge. WTF was I thinking? Now, of course, the curtain has been drawn back and we see the real Fanny. It would be dreadful to work for her. I am a task oriented person and take pride in my work. I would have been so frustrated by the sloppiness and unprofessionalism that reigns there today. I'm still shocked that people pay big bucks to stay there. All I can say is their standards must be pretty low. Thankfully, I came to my senses before moving forward with any of my delusions.

• Heart
Reactions:You, Parrfect Porcelane, pasta_aldente and 39 others

Jeeves

VIP Member

Sunday at 7:53 PM
I would be absolutely mortified to be seen in public with this revolting specimen. (Max Wall in drag.)

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 18.50.00.png

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 18.54.47.png

Last edited: Sunday at 7:59 PM
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Le Baiseur, Elviemary and 37 others

And the patreon vlog - as always thank you @tuffiti

Patreon video.
Sorry for the delay, my laptop decided to be temperamentful today :rolleyes: Unfortunately the audio and video seem to be a little out of sync. Ah well.

FP.jpg

Stephanie Jarvis is a con artist. The Chateau Diaries is a scam.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, KyBourbon, Loire Valley and 38 others

Now it's evident the world is on fire - and not a mention in the dailies. Imagine being so tone deaf.
She's got donations for the chapel restoration - I wonder if she'll follow through.

As always - Pink button is our wiki
Happy tattling.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Resentfully got
Out of
Bed before noon & couldn’t bother to dress for
Either you, your dog or your generosity.

IMG_4678.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Thank you once again ComtesseRose for the new thread! 💋

Oh, its so late here !

Good Night Hags ! :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What is the name of Pavlinas s room? I don't think I have ever seen it on the CD..where is it located? Why would she want twin beds? I thought the room was lovely as it is, of course Fanny has to crap it up. And what was with the voice over voice when Snorts was talking? Also I Grew potatoes in a large tote with holes in the bottom, I got an abundant harvest ... Potatoes were not a good choice, when getting rid of what to grow. they store well, can be made into so many things. Then again she planted ornamental pear trees. Dumb girl

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
this is a huge flex and brag post...
next to my regular jobs, I have just finished my admin & tax! 12 days before the last day!

Thanks @ComtesseRose for the new thread!

• Heart
Resentfully got
Out of
Bed before noon & couldn’t bother to dress for
Either you, your dog or your generosity.

View attachment 2519345
Fanny always said it was a working home, I never had it down as a brothel, I cant fathom why else she would accept money dressed like that.
LaLande a château filled with life, love and LOW standards.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Amazing, it only took Alla and Sergie a few days to install a woodfired stove! I find them to be the antidote to CLL, they are really ramping up in terms of content, partially because they (AFTER TAKING THE TIME TO DO THE INFRASTRUCTURE) are getting to the finishing, and Alla is talented. Her murals are lovely, they aren't afraid of hard work, and I love Cherie, she reminds me of our Lulu who passed in 2021.

The fountain base that F4F and ESS chose is waaaaay too big for the space and the fountain, so more money down the drain. I do think the bed frame and the fabric for the curtains could look good together, but not with a floral wallpaper, it needs to be paint or an extremely subdued pattern. And there would have to be a whole lot of restraint with accessories. It could be a lovely, hyper feminine little jewel box if done correctly. But who am I kidding, these are the people that put framed toile on toile.

F4F wore JEANS, my fave little easter egg from the last video, she had to make sure to point it out to make sure we know she is reading! Everything is so timey-wimey now it beggars belief!

@ComtesseRose As always, thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Big thank you to Comtesse Rose for the new thread and to Lady Avonlea and LittleMore Cottage for nominating it. I hope everyone has at least a decent day today! Thinking of LochnessMonster taking care of her husband. Sending healing thoughts to anyone that may be ill, tired, or not feeling their best. Sending happy thoughts to everyone that achieved a goal, resolved a problem, or decided what the heck, I'm going to be happy in spite of everything else going on in their life and the world in general. And just so you all don't think I've gone all soft and gooey, I hope Fan and Phi suffer natural consequences just a wee bit (or maybe a little bit more) over something of their own doing, nothing dangerous or life threatening, just a wake up call. 😈 ❤ 😉

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Has anyone heard how @Karma baby! is doing? I think her last post was September? Hope she's ok 💜
---
Karma is taking a break from chateau verse and tattle and focusing on her job. Can't blame her to be honest. She can return in a year or two and ask sooo what happened? and we might be able to say: the works on the GS and chapel started, but there was HUUUUUGE SET BACK so they are still working on it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Thank you once again ComtesseRose for the new thread! 💋

Oh, its so late here !

Good Night Hags ! :giggle:
Yes, thank you ComtesseRose!
Hope your are now fully restored Pekey.
---
Shortbread will not hold the big room ceiling up. I guess if your felted wool mice came alive they would find biscuit crumbs everywhere.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Fanny always said it was a working home, I never had it down as a brothel, I cant fathom why else she would accept money dressed like that.
LaLande a château filled with life, love and LOW standards.
A small edit, if you’ll forgive me:

LaLande a château filled with life, love and LOW NO standards.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.