The Chateau Diaries #269 At last Stephanie spoke the truth and admitted it herself to be an imposter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear Tattle friends...

With friends in both Gaza and in Israel, I find myself very conflicted over the current situation. I deeply appreciate the horror and desperation on both sides and because of this I will no longer be commenting on the conflict here on Tattle, nor will I be acknowledging posts made by friends here. So, no ❤'s, no 😔's, no 👍's no 😡 from me from now on.

I've learnt just now that my archaeological friend Sara, currently in Egypt, and whose two little girls were in Gaza, has lost her youngest girl to the bombing. She was 3. Her oldest daughter, aged 5, has a broken arm and a concussion and is in the care of gentle strangers in a UN school. Their aunt, who was taking care of them is injured and in a hospital with virtually no supplies. Two cousins of a close friend in Israel have been badly burnt, with one also shot and are in hospital. Everyone has been in tears, including me.

It's not that I don't care to acknowledge the pain and worry some here are going through thanks to this conflict... it's that I care very much and as a result have decided to distance myself from the discussion. From now on I'm scrolling by comments on Gaza and will not engage. I'm sticking to the antics at the HMN and thank you beautiful caring people for your understanding.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Mmmmm….beef stew lentil lasagna with no tomatoes. (Is it even a lasagna then?) Also, there was parm on top, careful Snorts. Why not continue the ride from Emmaus to the dump? Donation sorted. Stephanoe would never known. Instead, let us move skin flecked , sweat soaked garbage around the building for the next decade.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Emmaus have got standards, even they don't want her skanky cast offs.

Why didn't they just take it all to the tip. She's now keeping the clapped out sofa.

She has got one sick hoarding problem.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
When you discover that Phyllis has brought a smelly bed bug infested mattress back to Lalande from Emmaüs...
Eyes Wide Open.png

... And no amount of Gyno Fresh nor Frebreeze will ever make that mattress smell lovely or be bed bug free.
Gyno Fresh.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Well we can certainly see from which side of the family Fanny’s great honking nose comes! All the women seem to have it! I would say it’s a wise woman crone nose, but that would be incredibly disingenuous in the extreme!

View attachment 2505980
Aunt Tatti seems to be the exception. She has a much softer look than Sis imo.
I’m just astounded at how much she’s changed appearance wise. Tatti & Isobel are chalk and cheese in more ways than one 😳

Reactions: 21
Off topic for CD, but on topic for love. As many of you know, my husband has dementia and I'm his sole caregiver. I reached out to the Veteran's Administration social worker for help because I was pretty stressed out and becoming depressed. She recommended an adult day care center not too far from where we live. It is an intergenerational center with half day care for infants and preschoolers and the half for seniors, most with dementia. The seniors and little ones get together twice a day for fun time and socializing. We tried it out this week and it was a great success for my husband! When we arrived they had bunnies and baby miniature goats! So effing adorable! He stayed three hours while I got a break. He had a lot of fun dancing and socializing. He was able to tell me pretty much everything he did and later asked when we were going back - yeah! I will have him go twice a week. I also found out he is eligible for transport to and from the center door-to-door for the price of a bus ticket, giving me even more time for myself. You just can't believe what a relief this is for both of us. I feel the anger, stress and resentment of having to care for him 24/7 just melt away. I hope more centers like this open up. It's good for the seniors and the little ones too. Something positive!
I'm so happy for you. This sounds like an amazing place.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Much gratitude for the thread title. Here’s an acrostic to show my appreciation. Yes I am an imposter poet.

Improvising poverty
Making
People think she is
One destitute damsel in distress when
She openly flaunts the Gay
Twank’s shopping addiction & her
Equally disgusting travel & new frock compulsion - all financed & misappropriated from an endless
Renovation budget for imaginary renovations - allegedly.
---
Can Beatrix Potterick please send his extra Ritalin to CooCoo?

View attachment 2505843
Does anyone else think that the Coco person resembles Jared? Attachments are not the best to compare with and maybe it's only me that can see a resemblence... still we are all connected...

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
There had to be a way of turning lasagna into brown food.
And MariE has discovered it. 🤡
Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 2.54.44 PM.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Off topic for CD, but on topic for love. As many of you know, my husband has dementia and I'm his sole caregiver. I reached out to the Veteran's Administration social worker for help because I was pretty stressed out and becoming depressed. She recommended an adult day care center not too far from where we live. It is an intergenerational center with half day care for infants and preschoolers and the half for seniors, most with dementia. The seniors and little ones get together twice a day for fun time and socializing. We tried it out this week and it was a great success for my husband! When we arrived they had bunnies and baby miniature goats! So effing adorable! He stayed three hours while I got a break. He had a lot of fun dancing and socializing. He was able to tell me pretty much everything he did and later asked when we were going back - yeah! I will have him go twice a week. I also found out he is eligible for transport to and from the center door-to-door for the price of a bus ticket, giving me even more time for myself. You just can't believe what a relief this is for both of us. I feel the anger, stress and resentment of having to care for him 24/7 just melt away. I hope more centers like this open up. It's good for the seniors and the little ones too. Something positive!
I’m so pleased to hear this. Yes, just time to bathe or potter in the garden or have a friend without interruption, so valuable.
Nothing available near me . My husband is actually staying with my 80 year old father to give me a break.
As you say the caring brings resentment, anger , stress and so much tiredness. I’m genuinely happy for you. Really a blessing to have break.
---
I can't believe they expected Emmaus to take those filthy old mattresses. No charity will ever take them or old duvets and pillows as they could be full of bacteria.
Maria is making a very strange lasagne for Philip in a brown sauce! Fanny is still talking about "sandwitches"; I can't believe that she grew up in the UK! Tante and Stephen have sold their house in England and are definitely moving to France. I wonder what they have bought and how far it is from the chateau.
I am certain Fanny is ignorant about Emmaus and what it does. I find it so annoying she even calls it a brocante.
Fanny it is a charity that requires safe and saleable items that can be sold to provide an income for the homeless companions who live there. It is not a tip and it should be somewhere you give good quality things in the hope it brings in as much money for the charity as possible.

• Heart
With the twats on tour in Scotland nobody is manning their fb page yet. Two derogatory comments from I believe tartlets are on there. Usually they would have been removed immediately.

If you Fanny or any of the other circus performers are reading here please take those stinky mattresses and that rotten sofa to the tip, or burn the lot in the fire pit. Bonfire night is approaching so a ready made reason to light a fire in the garden.

• Heart
I do NOT believe that the sofa or mattresses actually went anywhere near Emmaus. It was content.
Amoury is furious that Fanny is storing junk in his cleared out barn and he said something like oh great somewhere for the peacocks to sh-t . Along with his other comment already mentioned about hard work he is really done with Fanny filming him.
The evidence that Snorts did not go to Emmaus is surely his foot wear. Or does he actually go out in his pixie slippers?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Tip: get together and decide who is going to provide the rainbow for that meal, the others need to back off!
Oh but they do . . . she says sarcastically.
Remember when Stephanie said they have meetings to plan meals and it's been filmed for television.
You'd never think it watching their disorganised efforts. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Dear Tattle friends...

With friends in both Gaza and in Israel, I find myself very conflicted over the current situation. I deeply appreciate the horror and desperation on both sides and because of this I will no longer be commenting on the conflict here on Tattle, nor will I be acknowledging posts made by friends here. So, no ❤'s, no 😔's, no 👍's no 😡 from me from now on.

I've learnt just now that my archaeological friend Sara, currently in Egypt, and whose two little girls were in Gaza, has lost her youngest girl to the bombing. She was 3. Her oldest daughter, aged 5, has a broken arm and a concussion and is in the care of gentle strangers in a UN school. Their aunt, who was taking care of them is injured and in a hospital with virtually no supplies. Two cousins of a close friend in Israel have been badly burnt, with one also shot and are in hospital. Everyone has been in tears, including me.

It's not that I don't care to acknowledge the pain and worry some here are going through thanks to this conflict... it's that I care very much and as a result have decided to distance myself from the discussion. From now on I'm scrolling by comments on Gaza and will not engage. I'm sticking to the antics at the HMN and thank you beautiful caring people for your understanding.
I totally get where you are coming from. I feel the same. There's nothing good to say about the current situation. I'm so sorry for your friends and your suffering too. What a mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
They live in France which has an epidemic of bed bugs and they are surprised when a charity shop wont take mattresses and a sofa! id say no charity shop is taking them at the moment! Too big a risk!

• Heart
When you discover that Phyllis has brought a smelly bed bug infested mattress back to Lalande from Emmaüs...
View attachment 2506895

... And no amount of Gyno Fresh nor Frebreeze will ever make that mattress smell lovely or be bed bug free.
View attachment 2506902
Just the fact that they didn't even call before dragging the mattress there says a lot about how dumb they are. Charity shops haven't accepted used mattresses for a long time and with good reason. It also tells me that Fanny and Phi would consider sleeping on a used mattress they would purchase from the shop. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the volunteer beds have mattresses bought at the used goods shop. Skanky, skanky, skanky! Charity organizations here won't accept upholstered furniture either. I doubt very much if the upholstered pieces Fanny purchases are fumigated. I just can't imagine the amount of bugs and vermin running freely in and around that chateau. 🪳

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Emmaus have got standards, even they don't want her skanky cast offs.

Why didn't they just take it all to the tip. She's now keeping the clapped out sofa.

She has got one sick hoarding problem.
It like "don't your know her at all???" I agree just continue to the tip and get rid of it all. As Amore said not it will just get crapped on by the peacocks

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.