The Chateau Diaries #269 At last Stephanie spoke the truth and admitted it herself to be an imposter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tip: get together and decide who is going to provide the rainbow for that meal, the others need to back off! One explosion of color is more than enough but they just can't help themselves. It's very childlike, no editing, no discipline
It wasn’t that long ago that fraudy Fanny said that part of their day was the morning meeting with everyone for exactly that reason. Yet another lie blown clear out of the water.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Fanny’s disjointed, start-stop, half-finished approach is because she:
- has the attention span on a fly
- gets confused by numbers that require basic math and sums
- has no organizational or project management skills
- dithers rather than decides (part of her ditzy, dumb blonde, poor little me persona she has relied on to attract men)
- is fundamentally lazy and adulting is hard work
- knows she’s a fraud and imposter
- is selfish and resents spending money on anything or anyone other than herself
- prefers fantasy to reality and will always be Daddy’s pampered little princess (because Derek also lived in some warped little fantasy world)
I’ve become convinced that the farmhouse is nothing more than a vehicle to promote Fanny’s grift. She does just enough “work” on it to keep her viewers hanging on, but spends the bulk of the money on other things. She loves the attention from the adoring fans. I’m really surprised she continues to maintain her popularity, especially after some of the bombshell reveals. Fanny is one of those people who can fall into tit and come out smelling like a rose. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I went next door and got her dog for her. It was a bit like watching an overwound toy run down. We let her release as much anger, frustration and pain as she could. About a dozen of us went out to the back garden and raged at the sky with her until we were empty. I’m sure there’s more inside, but it’s not ready to be expelled. I’m terribly worried for the teenaged daughter of one of our local rabbis. She was there visiting. As of yesterday she was safe but she’s refusing to return home, preferring to stay and fight beside her people. I can’t blame her. Giving up means letting the monsters win.
Perfect. Love always wins.
Avoiding TV and print images. Reading only news which explains how Israel was unprepared and what Hamas' motives were. Affirming and supporting just war, nothing more or less. Reading up on Tikkun Olam -- repair the world, and reaffirming that the people of Israel live. Am Yisrael chai.
Screen Shot 2023-06-04 at 7.45.16 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It wasn’t that long ago that fraudy Fanny said that part of their day was the morning meeting with everyone for exactly that reason. Yet another lie blown clear out of the water.
Even if they had a meeting, they would still just all go their own way because none of them know how to work as a team because they never learned or practiced that skill. They know nothing of collaboration. One of them, and it should be Fanny, but she's too unreliable, inexperienced managing others and undisciplined, should be the team leader deciding on the menu, and the color scheme for the guests dinners. Phi is too inexperienced and knows nothing, same with MariE and MariA. I would actually love that kind of job. I can be a bit bossy, but can take constructive criticism and am willing to apologize when I step over the line. Management doesn't come naturally. I was fortunate enough to have an employer pay for me to take classes in management when I was promoted, and told her I didn't know how to do that. Very informative and helpful. Play up each person's strength while downplaying their weak spots. Works wonders! Even Phi must have some strengths somewhere.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Has F4F pissed off every expat trady. The french guy taking measurements with Phiphi.... I hope Phiphis clothes did not accidentally fall off and he would fall awkwardly on top of the cute French builder...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
True confessions of a past Fanny fan. I started watching CD before COVID. I was completely in love with the idea of restoring the chateau. I loved the energy and fun that the people living and volunteering there were having. I really wanted to go and be a volunteer myself, but I was working and my finances weren't in the best shape at the time to do something like that. When Fanny announced she was going to hire a manager for the BnB I fantasized about doing that job. Of course, it was out of the question as I am married and live nowhere close to the chateau. I thought it would be a fun job working alongside Fanny and making sure the chateau was welcoming for the guests. I had visions of helping Fanny host the dinners, providing information for interesting outings and activities nearby and being a type of concierge. WTF was I thinking? Now, of course, the curtain has been drawn back and we see the real Fanny. It would be dreadful to work for her. I am a task oriented person and take pride in my work. I would have been so frustrated by the sloppiness and unprofessionalism that reigns there today. I'm still shocked that people pay big bucks to stay there. All I can say is their standards must be pretty low. Thankfully, I came to my senses before moving forward with any of my delusions.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Paucillin boy.
Just how much did his parents spend on his birthday plates?

Snorts announces that he is busy finishing’ sets’ of paucillin . Fanny has spent years just buying one of each . This is going to amount to thousands being spent, as in his mind he must have 20 of everything. He gets bored laying the table with the same china. Who does he think he is?
Stately homes which the dump certainly is not, have far fewer sets of china.
I saw those gross green water jugs in Ikea yesterday- top notch touches. He is a loser.
---
To your point, yes, THOUSANDS.
Here's a current listing on eBay for 18 place settings. Says there are 26 people watching the auction...wonder if he's one of them?
**it's a 'local pickup only auction' out of NYC. Do they have a friend in NYC who could pick it up for them? Bet Coco would do it for them! But, that's an awful risky thing to ship, thousands could be spent on shipping, too.

View attachment 2506249
Snorts definitely on that list. He plays fast and loose with other people’s $
---
I’ve become convinced that the farmhouse is nothing more than a vehicle to promote Fanny’s grift. She does just enough “work” on it to keep her viewers hanging on, but spends the bulk of the money on other things. She loves the attention from the adoring fans. I’m really surprised she continues to maintain her popularity, especially after some of the bombshell reveals. Fanny is one of those people who can fall into tit and come out smelling like a rose. 🙄
Snorts is a really bad look for her though. His stupidity, his style, that ridiculous ‘wig’ he is sporting, his mincing ways. Her bid at doing high quality travel productions a la Joanna Lumley or Michael Palin wouldn’t fly. Her ambiguous travels with her married friend and her smarmy side piece butler with weird hair, don’t make the cut, I’m afraid.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Channel 4 should be distancing itself from further filming and airing daredevil Dan working on the burned out chateau. May set themselves up for a lawsuit from followers watching their channel who try to be like Daredevil Dan. Your thoughts?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
True confessions of a past Fanny fan. I started watching CD before COVID. I was completely in love with the idea of restoring the chateau. I loved the energy and fun that the people living and volunteering there were having. I really wanted to go and be a volunteer myself, but I was working and my finances weren't in the best shape at the time to do something like that. When Fanny announced she was going to hire a manager for the BnB I fantasized about doing that job. Of course, it was out of the question as I am married and live nowhere close to the chateau. I thought it would be a fun job working alongside Fanny and making sure the chateau was welcoming for the guests. I had visions of helping Fanny host the dinners, providing information for interesting outings and activities nearby and being a type of concierge. WTF was I thinking? Now, of course, the curtain has been drawn back and we see the real Fanny. It would be dreadful to work for her. I am a task oriented person and take pride in my work. I would have been so frustrated by the sloppiness and unprofessionalism that reigns there today. I'm still shocked that people pay big bucks to stay there. All I can say is their standards must be pretty low. Thankfully, I came to my senses before moving forward with any of my delusions.
I think all of us were sucked in by the fantasy/excitement of restoring a chateau (or am I wrong?) - it's only after things didn't add up that each of us started to question the whole thing. I firstly was not happy with all the progress being reserved for the TV show - seemed wrong for the fans, but especially those giving money for the restoration (not me I hasten to add). Then the overall lack of progress full stop, but the money was available for trips overseas and then the revealing of the London flat and house in England and South Africa and France.

• Heart
Channel 4 should be distancing itself from further filming and airing daredevil Dan working on the burned out chateau. May set themselves up for a lawsuit from followers watching their channel who try to be like Daredevil Dan. Your thoughts?
I agree. Zuckerberg is now on the hot seat for allowing pro-hamas videos to be played on FB. There are laws about promoting or airing dangerous and illegal content.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I'd be surprised if he's worked for anyone else, worked for his Dad yes. Or maybe self employed doing bespoke jobs but never to a time scale. Would he be able to take the pressure of multiple clients, out quoting for jobs and doing estimates, invoicing and tax returns?

Will he ever snap, questionable.

All of them there just drift along with it with total lack of purpose, much like the owner.

They may be a bit overblown and blousey but at least when Chantal and Stephen are there, they bring a bit of energy to the place (even if it's just the matchy matchy coordinated dressing), otherwise it would slither to a stop.
I feel like Fanny and Armore are the creations of their parents handling everything for them. I don’t think they have any idea how to manage on their own in a healthy, normal way. They rely on parents or partners (such as they are), to guide them, pay for things (shitoo or tools) etc. When you stand back and look at these two cousins they both seem to be crippled as far as being “grownups”. I could feel sorry for them except for the lying, cheating and grifting they’ve done. Yes, he’s complicit too. He might not have realized it at first but, now he knows. Everyone there knows.

• Heart
I still watch old CD before Snorts, I like the fun they had and especially when MP was around. Fanny is a shadow of her former before big money self.

• Heart
Perfect. Love always wins.
Avoiding TV and print images. Reading only news which explains how Israel was unprepared and what Hamas' motives were. Affirming and supporting just war, nothing more or less. Reading up on Tikkun Olam -- repair the world, and reaffirming that the people of Israel live. Am Yisrael chai.
View attachment 2506358
Along those lines…read this on Maria Shriver’s IG today.
IMG_4351.jpeg

• Heart
I feel like Fanny and Armore are the creations of their parents handling everything for them. I don’t think they have any idea how to manage on their own in a healthy, normal way. They rely on parents or partners (such as they are), to guide them, pay for things (shitoo or tools) etc. When you stand back and look at these two cousins they both seem to be crippled as far as being “grownups”. I could feel sorry for them except for the lying, cheating and grifting they’ve done. Yes, he’s complicit too. He might not have realized it at first but, now he knows. Everyone there knows.
Who knows in years to come maybe the Jarvis family will be as famous as the Borgia and Medici families. They all appear to have common characteristics.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I can't believe they expected Emmaus to take those filthy old mattresses. No charity will ever take them or old duvets and pillows as they could be full of bacteria.
Maria is making a very strange lasagne for Philip in a brown sauce! Fanny is still talking about "sandwitches"; I can't believe that she grew up in the UK! Tante and Stephen have sold their house in England and are definitely moving to France. I wonder what they have bought and how far it is from the chateau.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Off topic for CD, but on topic for love. As many of you know, my husband has dementia and I'm his sole caregiver. I reached out to the Veteran's Administration social worker for help because I was pretty stressed out and becoming depressed. She recommended an adult day care center not too far from where we live. It is an intergenerational center with half day care for infants and preschoolers and the half for seniors, most with dementia. The seniors and little ones get together twice a day for fun time and socializing. We tried it out this week and it was a great success for my husband! When we arrived they had bunnies and baby miniature goats! So effing adorable! He stayed three hours while I got a break. He had a lot of fun dancing and socializing. He was able to tell me pretty much everything he did and later asked when we were going back - yeah! I will have him go twice a week. I also found out he is eligible for transport to and from the center door-to-door for the price of a bus ticket, giving me even more time for myself. You just can't believe what a relief this is for both of us. I feel the anger, stress and resentment of having to care for him 24/7 just melt away. I hope more centers like this open up. It's good for the seniors and the little ones too. Something positive!

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Off topic for CD, but on topic for love. As many of you know, my husband has dementia and I'm his sole caregiver. I reached out to the Veteran's Administration social worker for help because I was pretty stressed out and becoming depressed. She recommended an adult day care center not too far from where we live. It is an intergenerational center with half day care for infants and preschoolers and the half for seniors, most with dementia. The seniors and little ones get together twice a day for fun time and socializing. We tried it out this week and it was a great success for my husband! When we arrived they had bunnies and baby miniature goats! So effing adorable! He stayed three hours while I got a break. He had a lot of fun dancing and socializing. He was able to tell me pretty much everything he did and later asked when we were going back - yeah! I will have him go twice a week. I also found out he is eligible for transport to and from the center door-to-door for the price of a bus ticket, giving me even more time for myself. You just can't believe what a relief this is for both of us. I feel the anger, stress and resentment of having to care for him 24/7 just melt away. I hope more centers like this open up. It's good for the seniors and the little ones too. Something positive!
That is exactly my dream if I win Lotto: An aged care facility, next to a kindergarten next to a rescue animal farm and they would all interact.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Aside from Fanny's uncle mentioning bed bugs, my favorite line from today was when Fanny mocked Amaury's dirty clothing and he replied this is what real work looks like ! Three cheers for him finally speaking up on camera, more please!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Has F4F pissed off every expat trady. The french guy taking measurements with Phiphi.... I hope Phiphis clothes did not accidentally fall off and he would fall awkwardly on top of the cute French builder...
PJ was meant to be talking to him weeks ago about the room and the measurements. It was immediately after Fanny, Amaury, and PJ first talked about that room Fanny is just using bits of stuff she filmed weeks ago.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.