The Chateau Diaries #270 It's a good thing Snorty lays tables since he doesn't lay Fanny!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a late reply but thank you to Hedda for your kind words and thoughts.
I am using CD which is such a fantasy world for all the wrong reasons, as a form of escapism as life as become pretty intolerable.
The options at the moment involve me leaving the home and garden I have made and loved for 30 years to try and allow my sanity to return.
Caring 24/7 for loved ones. is exhausting and many other things. Money cannot buy everything even if it can help smooth some paths.
The observations, book recommendations many laughs that I can enjoy here whilst all around me is chaos is very beneficial . Thanks one and all.

Anyone else that needs this , it comes with love.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Phi Phi is morphing into a Teletubby in those overalls. His side profile by the fridge showed the bulge of his tummy, but then again the waist of those overalls are tight and emphasized his jelly belly even more! Time to join the Missus for a waddle and scare the cows away. So much fun!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I am not in the least bit surprised by Sean's request.

Quite a while back I wrote how he wanted viewers to fund a road trip.
Basically he wanted them to pay for his holiday which he would film and they could watch it on his vlog.

Recently one of his vlogs was devoted to how expensive it is to renovate and how everyone could support him financially . . . he really pissed me off.

Also . . . explaining his plan of action for the next part of the renovation, three times in one vid . . . is content padding and just plain boring.
Get out and clean up that tip of a yard.

I go back and forth about Sean.
He seems like a nice enough chap but when he starts with the very blatant e begging it's a big turn off.
I've wondered what went wrong with him and Billy... all was hunky dory till it wasn't. Did he want more $$ for 'starring' in Billy's flogs? Billy has friends all over it seems. Was thinking today how he has all the cool chateau 'mates', Fanny has all the boring ones. Did Ed & Anna ever go to LaLande? I know Fanny happily took advantage of their hospitality.
---
Bought more crap with his allowance.

View attachment 2520281
It's the price she pays to put a smile on his face... she knows nothing else does..

Reactions: 21
I asked AI (artificial intelligence) to render a photographic image of Fanny’s lake when it’s finished. The parameters I input were simply “Fanny’s lake.” The result is absolutely stunning. The attention to detail is amazing! I especially appreciate the full bush…bushes.

View attachment 2519949

And if you see anything else…I can’t help you. 😆
This is great-- so revealing! Lots of cracks-- just like the HMN and her face!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I was hoping that Fanny did not notice that she bought 3 fountains! Oh I am evil.
I really cannot understand how she puts up with that juvenile Squirrel .....loved how FRK was going to throw one of her brick waffles at him!
I do not think Anyone likes him ! :rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Sends as much on a fountain base as that guy donated to the chapel fund.... you have to laugh. Oh and rather than stick around and get some work done, Snorts has gone for a trip to the junk shop... 🤦‍♀️
Will they have to cart water out there? And just another thing to turn green
---
I am using CD which is such a fantasy world for all the wrong reasons, as a form of escapism as life as become pretty intolerable.
The options at the moment involve me leaving the home and garden I have made and loved for 30 years to try and allow my sanity to return.
Caring 24/7 for loved ones. is exhausting and many other things. Money cannot buy everything even if it can help smooth some paths.
The observations, book recommendations many laughs that I can enjoy here whilst all around me is chaos is very beneficial . Thanks one and all.

I am praying for you. I took care of. / Moved my 90 year old mother into my tiny cottage. She was ungrateful, demanding and pig headed. It was a struggle every day, I wanted to love her, she made it very hard. Thankfully she didn't like the cold weather and moved South to my brother. I am forever thankful she did not stay here as she lived to 100. I will keep sending you good thoughts. Hang in there

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
When Dan took the shovel to the loose plaster tonight I wanted him to do the same with SJs render.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Snorts shops against. Surprise surprise. I know buy the same glasses that "keep breaking". What a dim wit, maybe some less fragile more suitable glasses are a better idea. Ones that can go in the dishwasher???? And who waters indoor plants? I still think Marie and Snorts have something brewing....they are closer in age and have the same non goals in life

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've wondered what went wrong with him and Billy... all was hunky dory till it wasn't. Did he want more $$ for 'starring' in Billy's flogs?
Sean is very skilled and his work at the chateau was of a high standard.
I don't think there was a falling out between Sean and Billy . . . I am pretty sure I recall Sean saying he didn't like plastering.
Et voila, in stepped Simon, whose plastering skills are next level.
Also Billy very kindly gave Sean a lot of salvaged tiles for his cottage renovation . . . you don't do that if there is bad feeling.
However, I agree, Sean's departure was a bit abrupt. One minute he was there and then he wasn't.
I also think Sean wanted to make money on the back of his own renovation channel having created more of a following on Billy's channel.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
So... are Michael & Florian an item? They were on the ship to the UK together.
Just good friends. Really, really good friends. Close friends. Buds. Just a couple of bros hanging out on a ship together. Sharing a bunk. In close quarters. Yep.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Team work at the Cathedral, Fanny could only dream of this, all her friends / family are lazy like her, birds of a feather flock together.
Go Fund Me for Cathedral new organ is heading towards £8,000, that would be an awful lot of coffee mornings Well Done Billy and your Team.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I am not in the least bit surprised by Sean's request.

Quite a while back I wrote how he wanted viewers to fund a road trip.
Basically he wanted them to pay for his holiday which he would film and they could watch it on his vlog.

Recently one of his vlogs was devoted to how expensive it is to renovate and how everyone could support him financially . . . he really pissed me off.

Also . . . explaining his plan of action for the next part of the renovation, three times in one vid . . . is content padding and just plain boring.
Get out and clean up that tip of a yard.

I go back and forth about Sean.
He seems like a nice enough chap but when he starts with the very blatant e begging it's a big turn off.
Sean has really dialled up the ebegging, but he also seems to have lost the joy of his project. I think he thought he was gaining momentum on the vlog when Billy gave him some air time, but now his channel hasn't exploded the way he thought it would and he‘s moping about and constantly making excuses about why he can’t work on a project or is too poor to afford supplies. I have no issue with him promoting an item he’s fixing up to sell on his site, but he's a grown man. If you can’t afford supplies, then get a job and post once per week. It‘s like he thinks he's doing us a favour to post his content, which on most days is boring af.

make better content.
stop moping.
stop begging for handouts.
nobody wakes up and thinks…today, I really need to watch Sean’s world.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I was just coming here to show this post she made!
She's the last person I'd want life advice from.
Agreed. She's too young to be pontificating on life. She hasn't lived a life yet. Come back Marie in 30-40 years and then share your wisdom on life with the world. She lives in a bubble!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

This is kind of fabulous. Thinking today about how heritage culture gets people through extremity. Many examples, without going into it.
Here's the NYT review, no paywall.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Kudos Billy the dismantle of the organ and packing is fascinating... I know he will follow through, can't wait until it's played in the Convent

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.