Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AndAnotherName

VIP Member
Can we talk tennis court? It has sat there derelict for years now. Fanny has dreamed about a pool and this is the excuse for not fixing up the court. The fence around it is atrocious looking. A pool might be 10 years away if ever so why not turn that space into something? How hard would it be to redo the surface, add a net and provide some rackets and balls?
or turn it into a useful space for guests or staff to relax? By the way you can buy inexpensive above ground pools for a few thousand. really, cheap as chips in the blazing sun. There are things that could be done now until waiting for all major projects to be completed.

i know there was debate among patrons about whether Fanny should focus on the big projects before spreading herself too thin, but with heating paid for, a big nest egg for the lake saved (unless she used funds from the lake and the co owners didn’t cough up a share as promised)….she should have some cash to improve areas of the business.

i thought that he GS repair was not that bad and that Amaury could fix it? Does it take 6 months to get a quote or survey of the repair? To me, the chapel can get some acros props and temporary support, as it’s probably been like that for years. Completely restoring the chapel might be a million dollar project on its own.

I feel the need to periodically post the giant list of unfinished projects here, as there are now so many and it’s easy to lose track of them. Also Fanny doesn’t provide patrons with any updates any more. No more charts, because the funny thing is people start asking for the status and Fanny doesn’t want to be held to account. Theses are all things Fanny has mentioned as needing to be done

Moat capping stones - and I’m sure the moat requires ongoing maintenance like they did a few years ago
Garden …pergola, and the pillar thing from Chelsea. also, water drip system, solar lighting, or electricity. Also fix up Dans tea hut, aka the gardeners little cottage for staff. add various garden furniture already purchase.

that upstairs bird bathroom. We haven’t seen much being done to staff bedrooms or living areas, other than an occasional tidy up and the pink overkill bedroom.

library. Pantry, arriere cuisine, Natti and Gerry’s apartment, Nick and maries place.

obviously the GS and the impacted bedrooms

Chapel, Lake, various gardens, forest walkways and now tribute garden to MM RIP.

heating and now 100 radiator covers, and fixing all the damage to ceilings to bring in piping.

attic…those painted beams.

hundreds of items Fanny said she would frame, and a tribute hallway to art made by fans.

the gift shop.

turning the barn or storage area into an event space with big glass windows. Is this where patrons dined outside?

very long term, uncovering the old mill.

the lake and natural swimming pond and eventually the boat house.

pizza oven hasn’t been used in a few years so is probably broken or needs repairs.

how many bathrooms don’t have working taps.

shutters and windows.

the terrace.

long term ….amphitheater

Did mummy’s apartment ever get floors?

Michaels apartment loft area.

what did I miss?
render the facade

steps off the terrace (what happened to the tradies she hired? )

Reactions: 12

Pekey

VIP Member
I love Tupac, and will definitely look for it. I still like to think he faked his own death and is living quietly in the Bahamas, dropping an album every few years.
I have always thought he had the most beautiful and elegant face.

• Heart

Lady Lindy

Chatty Member
Likewise. I've just completed thread one so a long way to go. Also watching all the blogs from the beginning. I'm up to the one where she went into hospital. I'm thinking she may have had some surgery. It hasn't yet kicked off with Selmar and Nattie. Tati has not yet arrived
I was thinking more likely a sexually transmitted disease

• Haha
  • Wow

Kotare

VIP Member
Hey Jules, I thought of you when I was in Malaysia a couple of weeks ago. In Penang bougainvillea was used in so many lovely ways. Small clipped hedging, in pots where they have become bonsai, 2 different colours to a pot- but not 3 like your spectacular one! The gaudy hot pink(the one Monty Don hates) tumbling down gorgeous crumbling walls. Here endeth the travel segment!
Scarlett O’Hara is the most ubiquitous one and probably what Monty doesn’t like. It is actually beautiful, but it is everywhere in tropical areas in NZ and Oz. I’ve just planted some apricoty-orange ones on my pool fence and have a variegated white one also.
I love them. They look particularly great in pots.
5CF73758-2127-4166-ADB0-39415D1A6853.jpeg

• Heart

vitanova

VIP Member
I beg to differ, wine can give me the worst sickness and diarreah for days.

It's not the wine itself, i believe during the aging process there is wheat in the barrels.
did you try wines without sulphites?

• Heart

Summerbaby

VIP Member
From the UK also and for larger items or greater quantities we do have to save up a few for a tip run …. She could use all that cardboard for a base under some weed suppression sheets to stop the weeds for a start !
In my single household, I am lucky that everything fits into my bins via the bi-weekly collections, no matter what.
Although when I first moved into my new home nearly 2 years ago, I was ripping out carpets/cupboards/curtains/flooring/garden stuff etc and having to go to the tip every couple of days - during Covid. I even had to constantly book a time slot for the tip, every single trip! No real problem for me - better to be safe, rather than sorry!
I somewhat agree with you though. But, cardboard weed suppression is only really appropriate if used when they first bulldozed the "faux" English/Woodland Garden. They should have ultimately applied that then let everything sit/break down during the winter months and then re-assessed the weeds situation, (especially the docks as they grow so deeply), before applying the topsoil. And, 100% before any new plants were ever put in place. IMHO, that area will continue to be such a high maintenance gardening area for years to come - such a lack of long term planning and fore thought and low garden maintenance.
But, hey, SJ must always have what is wants, when she wants it regardless of the long term consequences no matter what - as is always so much in evidence! ❤

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Before I go to work. Happy May 1st, haydurs. 💚
View attachment 2139954
My lily of the valley still has to make its presence felt in my garden. Might never happen as I moved some bulbs around last year whilst recreating my "new" garden beds and lawn. It was a gamble - who knows? Although, I think I may still be in with a chance. ;)
BUT, what I can 100% thankfully confirm, is that there are no giant docks or other pernicious weeds that will live on forever until eternity through lack of prep work! ❤

• Haha
  • Heart

Jules100

VIP Member
I have an inflatable hot tub, does that count, it's on my deck and 104 degrees with bubble jets. It is my true happy place.
Apples and oranges. Hot tubs are altogether different. Most are free standing unless built into an in-ground pool. I’ve seen the inflatable hot tubs online and at Costco, any complaints?

UvulaDonor

VIP Member
Scarlett O’Hara is the most ubiquitous one and probably what Monty doesn’t like. It is actually beautiful, but it is everywhere in tropical areas in NZ and Oz. I’ve just planted some apricoty-orange ones on my pool fence and have a variegated white one also.
I love them. They look particularly great in pots.View attachment 2137962
That stuff grows like a weed in NZ - if you don't stay on top of it, it can become a nightmare.

SleepingBeauty123

Do you think she would see a figurine of the Royal Bahamian Police as racially insensitive? I’n genuinely curious as my inamorato is black and bought one for himself and his mother as souvenirs of their trip. When I asked he said his grandparents emigrated from Jamaica but he like the Bahamas better.🤷🏻
I think it depends on the object. I can say definitively that the one she has is offensive. I don’t know what the one looks like that your friend purchased. This is a good article that explains why these items are no longer appropriate, and I don’t think that just because someone is black that it gives them a pass to buy them either.

• Heart
This is one bathroom’ look’ with Fanny’s love of yellow I think this may… have been a good look with the horrid shower and current…. Walls in Bon mamma Mia . It fits Fanny’s eclectic style. Although her lamps would definitely not work nor the skirt in the dressing table.
You made me guffaw at the blood donation center. I read that line in Mario’s voice from Super Mario Bros!

• Haha

RubyT

PCB was our place to go in the 70’s- when Miracle Strip (amusement park) was there and no high rises blocking the view down Scenic 98. We stayed at Sunnyside (west end of PCB towards Ft Walton) at the Sandpiper. (Sandpiper/Beacon) Those were the good ole days. Destin wasn’t even dreamed of back then! Just a sleepy little fishing village. Gosh I’m being all nostalgic and old sounding!!! Good memories though! ❤☀🏖🐠❤
---

Oh I didn’t know that- I’ll look her up- and Andy is the writer and producer (of Detectorists) actor in Pirates of the Caribbean fame. MacKenzie Crook is it? And her mother played Becky’s mom in Detectorists. Just reading that on Wikipedia.
You’ve jogged my memory now stayed at Sunnysidr a few times right over from the Beach and Ft Walton also …. A lovely purposed built village called Seaside I think !

• Heart

Lochness Monster

VIP Member
Didn't quite catch what she said but I think "Lalande outdoor area", it looks scruffy / dirty enough for CHMN and ideal for Snorts.
(Can you belive this woman uploaded this video advertising her childcare facility in this state ???).
Nick the tree man should make an amazing tree house with some of that wood, not Amoury, for the guests to read a book in or make it more luxurious. Instead he takes the wood away. She is a numpty.
---
@Lochness Monster and @Maple fairy just a thought here, but if you close your screen then come back without refreshing your reactions don't show. However, they are still registered you just need to refresh the screen
---

I do love a beach hut. My grandmother had one at Puckpool Park, Ryde, I.o.W. My elder brother and I would go and stay every (and I mean every, bar Christmas) school holiday. We would spend all our time at the beach hut whatever the season, whatever the weather. So many happy memories and grandma was always such fun making adventures and creating games. My mother, her daughter, was the absolute opposite. I don't think she liked my brother and I being around during school holidays which is why we were shipped off to grandma.
Just for you❤ the view of the IOW from my balcony/ sitting room taken last week.

Last edited:

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Snorts spent a couple of days in London and hours in the Little Greene shop. How was he unable to get understanding and ideas . This is one bathroom’ look’ with Fanny’s love of yellow I think this may… have been a good look with the horrid shower and current…. Walls in Bon mamma Mia . It fits Fanny’s eclectic style. Although her lamps would definitely not work nor the skirt in the dressing table.
Nice choice - better than the bluebells on a pink background!

SleepingBeauty123

Oh my gosh, @MRShavershamsdress … I think we might be talking about two completely different statues. I just did a Google search of these statues for Bahamian guards, and you are correct. There are a lot of them that look exactly the same but do not have the black face exaggeration on it like the one that Stephanie owns. They just look like Bahamian guards. No big deal and nothing offensive. (2nd picture)

I think what I spotted was actually a very old bottle of Nassau Royals Liqueur. It makes sense now that it was sitting with a bunch of other bottles of alcohol (duh). I still think the one she has is offensive, and I am assuming it’s very old. (I agree, I don’t know why people keep this old stuff and think it’s ok just because it’s old). This is the image I found of some recent bottles of this liqueur. (1st picture)

pic of Steph’s included just for comparison but I think it is actually a bottle of liqueur. And it was probably her parents’ bottle since I can’t find picture of it anywhere and seems to be from the 50’s from any comparable pics I found.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11

MadameChat

VIP Member
Oh sorry to hear this- I hear that shingles is the worst!!! Very painful- but try not to think about that- take meds and chill out!!! I’ve been watching Detectorists on Prime- doesn’t make me anxious! Good background noise at least. Get well soon! 💐💐💐
I love that show did you notice the actress who plays the wife is Diana Riggs daughter it was driving me crazy she looked so familiar

• Heart
I am surmising you are in Navarre (I used to live in FWB, so am incredibly jealous of you right now- the "Redneck Riviera" has the BEST beaches in the entire world!) It is called the "Emerald Coast" for a reason- yeah, while having one's sailboat in your backyard is nice, our brown water on Charlotte Harbor is not the same as going on out on for a day on your jet ski up there to jump waves. Man, I miss my SeaDoo!) If you happen to make your way to either McGuire's (in Destin or Pensacola), kiss the moose for me! (And properly sanitize your lips afterwards- millions of people have kissed those damn mooses!) The sugar sand beaches are the BEST in the world up there!
I moved to Crestview from FWB about 10 years ago so we could get a house with land, but I miss being close to the beach! I would go to the far end of okaloosa island in the mornings and be the only soul out there! Now the thought of fighting traffic and tourists makes me stay North until off season.

• Heart